Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

bappelbe wrote: »
    You might stick this in the firmware thread
    along with a link to your latest image

Will do later on, I took down the link to the image I posted the other day because I only noticed after that tsmedia had broke the streaming. Should have a working backup link up tonight.

I loaded up champions AR-P image the other night and all worked well apart from the saorview, I was only receiving channels from one mux no matter what I did. Was there a solution found to this problem as the image itself did seems a little snappier?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Slightly more complete backup than my last.

Plugins included:
    1channel
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets e2
    Cache Flush
    CrossEPG
    CoolTVGuide 7.0
    OpenWebIf (Streaming of one $ channel while watching another $ channel)
    OSCam (no-line)
    PermanentTimeShift
    RTÉ Player
    SambaServer
    TSMedia (Latest release - still not working 100%)
    Rat's Picons
    IPTV Updater v1.1
    VirtualZap
    WebMedia
    SkyHD Bootlogo
    SkyHD skins (a little buggy)

FTP Login username root, password pkteam
    Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

DOWNLOAD

TechGuy,

The link is blank, have u removed the download?

TechGuy,

The link is blank, have u removed the download?

Yeah I should have it back up again tonight, realised shortly after I posted it that tsmedia had broken streaming on the box so I'll have to fix that today and I'll have a new link up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

MKV MKV MKV!
    I'm having problems playing MKVs stored on my external USB HDD. It does everything else perfectly. Stores EPG Data, Timeshift & Timer recording & Playback.
    I have tried loading some MKVs onto the HDD by FTPing, they are visible in media player, but I just get a green screen & reboot .

(Funnily enough, even with Hundreds of channels , my main problem is playback of MKVs of Peppa Pig & The Gruffalo. The box has remained almost exclusively tuned to CBeebies since it was installed!)

How do I store & playback MKVs on the attached HDD , I'm on Champion's AR-P image. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Will do later on, I took down the link to the image I posted the other day because I only noticed after that tsmedia had broke the streaming. Should have a working backup link up tonight.

I loaded up champions AR-P image the other night and all worked well apart from the saorview, I was only receiving channels from one mux no matter what I did. Was there a solution found to this problem as the image itself did seems a little snappier?

The only solution I found was to use dreamboxedit to ftp (backup) the files from a working install and back on to a non working install.
    I have not figured out why I can only get the 2 muxes on Hyperion and not any others (AR-P and HDMU)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I have the same issue with the latest Ar-p, I cannot get the saorview channels working, even when I upload from a working hyperion v2 using dreamboxedit. The terrestrial tuner is not working at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I have the same issue with the latest Ar-p, I cannot get the saorview channels working, even when I upload from a working hyperion v2 using dreamboxedit. The terrestrial tuner is not working at all.

I found it temperamental at times and had to try a few times to get it working

just using Hyperion at the moment.

I am curious as to what the difference is, I have an indoor aerial but my tv, hyperion and spark say that I have a good signal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Seapoint wrote: »
    MKV MKV MKV!
    I'm having problems playing MKVs stored on my external USB HDD. It does everything else perfectly. Stores EPG Data, Timeshift & Timer recording & Playback.
    I have tried loading some MKVs onto the HDD by FTPing, they are visible in media player, but I just get a green screen & reboot .

(Funnily enough, even with Hundreds of channels , my main problem is playback of MKVs of Peppa Pig & The Gruffalo. The box has remained almost exclusively tuned to CBeebies since it was installed!)

How do I store & playback MKVs on the attached HDD , I'm on Champion's AR-P image. Thanks

Fancy giving bmediaplayer a go ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99973604/BMediaCentre.zip

Thanks @ChampionC , I'll give it a shot and report back!
    championc wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

bappelbe wrote: »
    The only solution I found was to use dreamboxedit to ftp (backup) the files from a working install and back on to a non working install.
    I have not figured out why I can only get the 2 muxes on Hyperion and not any others (AR-P and HDMU)

Anyone a working copy of these files for three rock? I can get Mux2 (RTE1,etc) and can't get the Mux 1 channels now

• Advertisement

@championsc

:-( Still getting green screen on MKVs even with BMediaCentre

How do people normally play MKVs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

anyone try an xbmc plugin on any image?

@championsc

:-( Still getting green screen on MKVs even with BMediaCentre

How do people normally play MKVs ?

Seems the box doesn't handle them well. I can watch them on Hyperion v3 but it usually stutters starting off and you can't rewind/fast forward which is a pain in the you know what.

Well, This has been an experience!

I'm coming from a dedicated Windows MediaCenter with DVB-S & T, giving me all of the freesat Saorview channels for the last few years, with torrents, a family friendly remote etc. When I introduced the Amiko on Wednesday and couldn't play 'The Gruffalo' or 'Peppa Pig' there was a frown or two, to say the least.

The promise of gazillions of channels temporarily won the argument.

However, I still can't play Peppa!

Then, HelloDare gave me an idea. I set up XBMC (albeit on my laptop atm to test) and ran the LiveTV with VU+/Enigma PVR client .... we may have something here!

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=31894

Seems the box doesn't handle them well. I can watch them on Hyperion v3 but it usually stutters starting off and you can't rewind/fast forward which is a pain in the you know what.

Can you share your V3 image please?

Can you share your V3 image please?

Should have it up in the next hour or so.

Should have it up in the next hour or so.

Thanks

Well, This has been an experience!

I'm coming from a dedicated Windows MediaCenter with DVB-S & T, giving me all of the freesat Saorview channels for the last few years, with torrents, a family friendly remote etc. When I introduced the Amiko on Wednesday and couldn't play 'The Gruffalo' or 'Peppa Pig' there was a frown or two, to say the least.

The promise of gazillions of channels temporarily won the argument.

However, I still can't play Peppa!

Then, HelloDare gave me an idea. I set up XBMC (albeit on my laptop atm to test) and ran the LiveTV with VU+/Enigma PVR client .... we may have something here!

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=31894

If you want to watch Peppa Pig on a PC from a connected USB HDD, my image has Samba Server loaded and working. For those who don't know what this is, it allows you to map your boxes' USB HDD as a network drive on your PC. Simply map \\box_ip\hdd

@championsc Thanks... I want to watch it the other way round though. The samba share is handy for loading the media onto the box. Thanks

Ok, here it is, a link to my Jan 2014 Hyperion V3 Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    1channel (new version) , AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBouquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v7.0, IPTV Updater v1.1, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank - no line ), TSMedia v4.9 beta2, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel and SambaServer.

Also includes SkyHD bootlogo and skin

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip:00080 - change it in Plugins > OpenWebIf

Download

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Using the Hyperion v3 image on my GM spark Triplex box at the moment. All good when the box is up and running but every 2-3 days it won't switch on via the remote or front buttons, and I have to power the box off completely via switch at the back and reboot. It's fine then again for a few days, anyone come across this before, could it be a setting or bad config?

Thanks!

Ok, here it is, a link to my Jan 2014 Hyperion V3 Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    1channel (new version) , AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBouquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v7.0, IPTV Updater v1.1, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank - no line ), TSMedia v4.9 beta2, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel and SambaServer.

Also includes SkyHD bootlogo and skin

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip:00080 - change it in Plugins > OpenWebIf

Download

Enjoy!

Using the Hyperion v3 image on my GM spark Triplex box at the moment. All good when the box is up and running but every 2-3 days it won't switch on via the remote or front buttons, and I have to power the box off completely via switch at the back and reboot. It's fine then again for a few days, anyone come across this before, could it be a setting or bad config?

I've a triplex also, ran it for about a month with Tech Guy's V3 version. I didn't see this issue. I don't think i even seen 1 greenscreen. I've just switched back after trying out AR-P.

I had that problem before on my AA2, can't remember how I fixed it though. Could it be that you have set up hdmi-cec wrong? Try disabling the driver in the pkt bluepanel and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I had that problem before on my AA2, can't remember how I fixed it though. Could it be that you have set up hdmi-cec wrong? Try disabling the driver in the pkt bluepanel and see if that helps.

Thanks, have HDMI-CEC turned off. Thought it might have been the samba server was the culprit so turned that off too, have turned off most non essential plugins but the problem persists. It's not that big of a deal, but it can't be good for the attached mobile hard drive as it loses power when I hard reboot the box.

I installed the jan version of V3 but kept green screening while trying to scan on terrestrial. Went back to December copy. sky logo cool but I think I'll stick with Kerni HD

I installed the jan version of V3 but kept green screening while trying to scan on terrestrial. Went back to December copy. sky logo cool but I think I'll stick with Kerni HD

Was it giving any error?

TheChevron wrote: »
    Yeah I use the NAS all over the house. Everything is downloaded to it and any device, even my phone, can access it.

How do I remove automounting?

Have you any idea why openwebif is not working?

Sorry for all the hassle.

Sorry, I forgot to suggest, turn off OpenWebIf and turn on WebInterface instead

@TheTechGuy I wonder was I doing something incorrectly? I flashed your backup , the kernel flasher as per normal, but the filesystem flashed too quickly, wouldn't boot. I tried it a few times but to no joy?

• Advertisement

@TheTechGuy I wonder was I doing something incorrectly? I flashed your backup , the kernel flasher as per normal, but the filesystem flashed too quickly, wouldn't boot. I tried it a few times but to no joy?

Are you flashing it through the spark plugin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement