Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster flooding - 24th October 2011

Options
  • 24-10-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Latest models have nailed on that an intense period of rain will impact eastern districts today. Rain has already started falling and will intensify throughout the day and turn torrential between 3 and 9pm.

Mountainous areas will receive up to 100mm of rainfall. While even low level areas reaching 70/80mm.

With such excessive rainfall totals, local flooding is inevitable.

The rush hour drive home this evening in the Dublin Region will not be fun.

Stayed tuned to forecasts and keep an eye on the radar.

@ http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

and satellite

@ http://www.sat24.com/gb

Take care.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I hope the train can float :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Got up just before the rain had started again , my station got 20mm, not great i know but its kinda sheltered in so i kinda amp that up in my own head to about 25mm :)

Decided to cycle down to the local river with the dog to try get a b4 after shot.
    So ye ,

heres the before...

293302_10150435596556718_631736717_10914398_305077826_n.jpg
    I took this from the road where which the river goes under ,
    I remember back in 2006 the river flooding out over ON the road! ha

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Up to midnight last night I had 43.1mm. Steady light rain here now again. 1.8mm so far today (including 1.4mm after midnight last night).

Could be a very large 48hr total by the end of it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Apologies, I hadnt spotted that the other thread was closed, trying to check screens at work isnt easy, have deleted my original post regarding issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Radar says there's been heavy rain here for the last few hours but there's barely a drizzle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just light rain here. Nothing like the deluge yesterday. Won't be getting much here I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Serious rain in Dalkey (Co. Dublin), really coming down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Nothing major in Santry. Bit of a fizzle. Although if it continues this steady for hours there'll be flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

heavy enough rain here now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Steady rain here for the last hour or two. 6.6mm so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Confab wrote: »
    Nothing major in Santry. Bit of a fizzle.

It's localized so cause it's bucketing down here in the airport :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Moderate rain in south Meath for about 2 hours with some short heavier spells, seems to be easing off a bit now.

Rainfall total between today and yesterday has now reached 51.1mm or just over 2 inches in old money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Light to moderate rainfall here in laois atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I had earlier thought I'd get 40mm today.
    I now think it may far exceed this!

Nearly 20mm today, 11mm past hour.

I think it'll be wettest day in my 10 year record.
    47mm to beat.

recorded 28.1mm yesterday.

Ground was so dry that it is so far soaking this up, but leaves on roads is causing significant floods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

It's been raining hard here in Waterford city for the past 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i dont believe it has stopped raining in dublin for 48 hours - truly horrible and grey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Still Raining moderately in Citywest. The ground now appears saturated and some surface overflowing is appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

3hr forecast looks ominous

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Its been raining relentlessly the past few hours but its just literally gotten very monsoon heavy in the past minute or two! No wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

21mm yesterday and 11mm so far today.
    Rain quite heavy at the moment.

Getting the heavier stuff here now. Got a rain rate of 45mm/hr a few minutes ago. Rain total since midnight now up to 13.8mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

5.6mm on Saturday
    29.4mm yesterday.
    5.4mm so far today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

28.2mm yesterday and 9mm so far today. Rain rate not that high today.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Dublin city centre has just got a deluge extremely heavy!

Certainly looks like the front decided not to take the offshore route! :pac:

Rain getting progressivly heavier all the time without a breath of wind to move it on.

16.2mm now since midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Steady rain most of the morning but in the last couple of hours its changed to a torrent. lots of surface water.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

Its time to start building an Arc!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Just judging the intensity of the rain today by my abillity to see the tall Google Building from a high vantage point in D4 ... It has been totally obsured out by Rain for the last 30mins of heavy rain.

• Advertisement

Very dark now. Rain getting heavier. 21.2mm of rain since midnight.

Total now between yesterday and today of 64.3mm.

Advertisement