Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

bandit197 wrote: »
    Me too, it has the power to do good...or evil :D

Yeah I seen that later on round page 12 or so I think, that guy who makes the guides, cant remember his name, recommended 1.3 alright. Im not even sure what is the difference in the versions tbh.

I think his name in Monkey or some ****, I don`t care to read up on Odin as long as it does what its supposed to I don`t care, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks Lad's, I think I'll get stuck into this at the weekend.

Quick question re back-up's. Nandroid Vs MyBackupPro Vs Titanium? What's the best way to back up apps and settings to ensure they are a) restored correctly and b) the market recognises them properly? I've restored apps previously only to subsequently find that the Market no longer recognised I had the paid version and I had to re-purchase them again.

Ben

BenEadir wrote: »
    Thanks Lad's, I think I'll get stuck into this at the weekend.

Quick question re back-up's. Nandroid Vs MyBackupPro Vs Titanium? What's the best way to back up apps and settings to ensure they are a) restored correctly and b) the market recognises them properly? I've restored apps previously only to subsequently find that the Market no longer recognised I had the paid version and I had to re-purchase them again.

Ben

Well I use Nandroid and titty backup, Nandroid as my main fall back backup and titty for my app + data restore.
    Sometime all takes is to just install the problematic app again...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I have only used Titanium free. Works great. Do a full batch backup of apps and data. If you use Swype have a look back a few pages in this thread. Dont reinstall it from a backup instead go to the website and join the beta. Download from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not sure if its the bluesteel theme of launcher pro causing slight lag but i get about 5 seconds lag when I close a memory heavy app like a game or the browser with a few tabs open or flash. I had the identical problem when I first flashed Darkys 9.5 but it settled after a few days :confused: Don't feel like flashing another theme just yet and I need launcher pro

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Not sure if its the bluesteel theme of launcher pro causing slight lag but i get about 5 seconds lag when I close a memory heavy app like a game or the browser with a few tabs open or flash. I had the identical problem when I first flashed Darkys 9.5 but it settled after a few days :confused: Don't feel like flashing another theme just yet and I need launcher pro

I had lag when I used Blue Steel, I couldn't live with it not to mention all that blue, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

lewis wrote: »
    I had lag when I used Blue Steel, I couldn't live with it not to mention all that blue, lol

Might just flash another theme, is sensation fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

No idea. Are we limited to those few in the xda link you posted or are there any more lurking anywhere?

bandit197 wrote: »
    No idea. Are we limited to those few in the xda link you posted or are there any more lurking anywhere?

I think like most things at the moment there`s not that much material for JVH, plus with Samsung just about to release there "official" Gingerbread very soon, some developers might be waiting on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

I've been checking it out to see if the dialler has been fixed but there hasn't been a mention of it in the last few days.
    Try it sure and see. If the dialler begins to close on you you can just flash another theme.
    Sensation is the nicest theme I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

I'm on sensation, no issues, just stay away from touchwiz4. G1032 had trouble with the dialer, but I've had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    I'm on sensation, no issues, just stay away from touchwiz4. G1032 had trouble with the dialer, but I've had no problems.

I had problems with it aswell. But it was fine at first.

Liking my red theme at the moment though!

I cannot get over the battery though. It is ridiculous. On medium usage yesterday it only used 15%. Seems as if you don't use it, it will not use any battery. Its great.:)

Raoul wrote: »
    I had problems with it aswell. But it was fine at first.

Liking my red theme at the moment though!

I cannot get over the battery though. It is ridiculous. On medium usage yesterday it only used 15%. Seems as if you don't use it, it will not use any battery. Its great.:)

Ya. It uses barely anything from the battery while on standby. But I don't notice that it handles 3G or WiFi any better than it ever did. Still heavy drain using those but no drain on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Hi,
    I am on Ficetos JVH Base ROM and while its great in most areas, in the last couple of days I have noticed a couple of glitches.
    The incoming call volume regularly resets to zero meaning I have missed a few calls.
    Also the dial pad and the message app just close down when I am trying to do something (enter a number to call or selecting a contact to text), but not everytime.
    Today also it rebooted for no reason.
    I am planning to reflash the CWM version later tonight and see if that makes a difference.
    If anyone can shed light on these or how to eliminate them, I would appreciate it.
    I have been on RC6 which I didn't like - much more laggy and less smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi,
    I am on Ficetos JVH Base ROM and while its great in most areas, in the last couple of days I have noticed a couple of glitches.
    The incoming call volume regularly resets to zero meaning I have missed a few calls.
    Also the dial pad and the message app just close down when I am trying to do something (enter a number to call or selecting a contact to text), but not everytime.
    I am planning to reflash the CWM version later tonight and see if that makes a difference.
    If anyone can shed light on these or how to eliminate them, I would appreciate it.

Same here, pain in the arse too!

Hi,

What theme are you using?

Hi,

The best advise I can give you is flash Ficeto`s JVH base and stay on that til v10 is made final, not pre-final or nearly final or just a little bit more final, FINAL, lol

G1032 wrote: »
    What theme are you using?

No theme.

The best advise I can give you is flash Ficeto`s JVH base and stay on that til v10 is made final, not pre-final or nearly final or just a little bit more final, FINAL, lol

So you're implying don't bother with the CWM version?

The same problem has just started with me this evening. The incoming call volume goes to zero. I was waiting on an important phone call actually and I had the phone sitting beside me and I didn't notice the person ringing. :mad:

• Advertisement

So you're implying don't bother with the CWM version?

Well there really only one way to look at it, so you want a working ROM/phone that does what it`s supposed to?

Darky`s work is good but there a little to much hype surrounding it, I think.

For me I find Ficeto`s base fine for me, I`ve found no problems with it so far...oddly tough I did miss a call today so I went to my voice mail and it said the usual message left at blah blah, then I heard ringing, I was like WTF, lol then the person talked then that was it, I`ve knew it records the ringing in the voice mail, or is this a new thing...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

On Ficeto's base rom. I flashed a boot animation and don't like it, can't seem to flash a different one now. Only advice I can find online is that messing around with the boot animation can lead to bricking your phone. Anyone any ideas

On Ficeto's base rom. I flashed a boot animation and don't like it, can't seem to flash a different one now. Only advice I can find online is that messing around with the boot animation can lead to bricking your phone. Anyone any ideas

Use Root Explorer if you want to just put old in front of original boot(if you want to keep it) slap on the new one in system/media, make sure to press r/w up the top and bobs your sister..

I also posted my earlier query about the incoming sound going to Zero on Darkyrom Forum.
    Ficeto gave this reply
    "you better reflash the ODIN one and do all your settings (not restore from TB or anything else like it) I've been on my JVH ever since I made it and I have had 0 issues (appart from the random battery drain sometimes). I know that clearing all your data and settings suck, but when there are major differences like between even JVB and JVH, it's much better to fully wipe and start from clean than restore settings using apps like Titanium Backup "

I had already reflashed the CWM version but the problem persists.
    For now, I am putting vibrate always on - it may help to notice incoming calls.
    Hopefully later I will flash the ODIN version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I also posted my earlier query about the incoming sound going to Zero on Darkyrom Forum.
    Ficeto gave this reply
    "you better reflash the ODIN one and do all your settings (not restore from TB or anything else like it) I've been on my JVH ever since I made it and I have had 0 issues (appart from the random battery drain sometimes). I know that clearing all your data and settings suck, but when there are major differences like between even JVB and JVH, it's much better to fully wipe and start from clean than restore settings using apps like Titanium Backup "

I had already reflashed the CWM version but the problem persists.
    For now, I am putting vibrate always on - it may help to notice incoming calls.
    Hopefully later I will flash the ODIN version.

Only thing, I'm also suffering from random issues with volume being reset to zero, I however, did flash using Odin!

Sucks, missed a fair amount of calls now at this stage, may go back to darkys!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Only thing, I'm also suffering from random issues with volume being reset to zero, I however, did flash using Odin!

Sucks, missed a fair amount of calls now at this stage, may go back to darkys!

I'm the same did flash through odin and did a wipe :( Everything else is so perfect!

Actually I looked at it today and the volume wasn't at zero the fecking ringtone was deselected. Which I didn't do of course.

As regards, Ficeto's JVH, I don't think ODIN is the issue. The problem seems to be using backup software to restore rather than doing it manually. IManually seems to give a better solution.
    Thats the way I read Ficetos response.

As regards, Ficeto's JVH, I don't think ODIN is the issue. The problem seems to be using backup software to restore rather than doing it manually. IManually seems to give a better solution.
    Thats the way I read Ficetos response.

I restored with the titties app and had no hassles...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

I restored with the titties app and had no hassles...

Me too, and still perfect. You guys are making me paranoid.

• Advertisement

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Me too, and still perfect. You guys are making me paranoid.

No issues here either

Advertisement