Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

So I applied the front camera fix and the gingerbread 6.0 theme included with the torrent but nothing seems drastically different appearance wise,am I missing something?

Also the "About phone " screen is showing the baseband as JVO where I see JVH is mentioned above.

Also there is an Asgard version there too for some reason?! Never seen that before!

Battery seems to be draining pretty heavily too but other then that the phone is flying along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

So I applied the front camera fix and the gingerbread 6.0 theme included with the torrent but nothing seems drastically different appearance wise,am I missing something?

Also the "About phone " screen is showing the baseband as JVO where I see JVH is mentioned above.

Also there is an Asgard version there too for some reason?! Never seen that before!

Battery seems to be draining pretty heavily too but other then that the phone is flying along.

JVH is the firmware.
    JVO is the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

The battery for me is by far the best. Been on two full days and a night. still at 24 percent, in this time I'd say I listened to 5 hours of music, average text usage, more than average call usage, 40 min of google navigation and then not much email use. But I think that is pretty good going. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

You flashed the theme through CWM?

That Asgard version is something got to do with a previous theme installed our something like that, I was reading about it in Darkys forum in Ficetos thread.

lewis wrote: »
    You flashed the theme through CWM?

That Asgard version is something got to do with a previous theme installed our something like that, I was reading about it in Darkys forum in Ficetos thread.

Yup. Did the same with this red Ginggerbread as I really like the look of the lock screen date layout and wallpapers.

Got the red text and a few other bits and bobs but thats about it, wallpapers didn't change. Sorry if these are incredibly nooby questions, I've just been away from this stuff is all. :o

• Advertisement

Yup. Did the same with this red Ginggerbread as I really like the look of the lock screen date layout and wallpapers.

Got the red text and a few other bits and bobs but thats about it, wallpapers didn't change. Sorry if these are incredibly nooby questions, I've just been away from this stuff is all. :o

Did you wipe the caches?

Nope. Dalvik is the only one I'm aware of? Edit: Just had a read and cleared Dalvik and partition cache, phone booting now. Hopefully it works, battery drained by 30% over about 3 hours. Will need to wipe stats at some stage I suspect.

Cheers for your patience.

Also, I'm just after realising that what really grabbed me about the theme is actually the clock widget, anyone have any idea of what it is or should it install automatically when I install this properly.

I have Launcherpro Plus too so the rest of it shouldn't be a problem.

snap20110511-121147.png

Nope. Dalvik is the only one I'm aware of? Edit: Just had a read and cleared Dalvik and partition cache, phone booting now. Hopefully it works, battery drained by 30% over about 3 hours. Will need to wipe stats at some stage I suspect.

Cheers for your patience.

Also, I'm just after realising that what really grabbed me about the theme is actually the clock widget, anyone have any idea of what it is or should it install automatically when I install this properly.

I have Launcherpro Plus too so the rest of it shouldn't be a problem.

snap20110511-121147.png

Never mind wiping the battery stats, give it a few days of use.
    That's Simi clock I think, very good widget.

By the way I've no patience, I'm outside your window, cause your keeping me awake,lol

So wiped both the caches and the wallpaper still hasn't changed and can't see it anywhere in the gallery. What am I missing?!!

So wiped both the caches and the wallpaper still hasn't changed and can't see it anywhere in the gallery. What am I missing?!!

Ya. It was the same for me. Didn't get the wallpaper either. I had cleared all caches. I'm not too bothered though to be honest. Phone is still flying along and rest of the theme is grand.

• Advertisement

Get Wallpaper Set & Save, that`ll sort it out...

Anybody have any issues/bugs to report with Ficeto's JVH?

When I open the app drawer there is a 1 or 2 second lag. But that's it.
    Any actual app opens instantly.

Still no bugs that I've come across

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

lewis, what are you doing in here?!

I still think Darky has a lot of bloat in the rom, and there's an awful lot in there not needed.
    It is very stable yes I'll grant that. But I tried 10rc6 but I went back to the other side for the multi dpi, Yes I could change Darkys too by changing the dpi myself but then I couldn't use the default dialer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

G1032 wrote: »

What launcher, you can adjust opening times and scrolling speed in Launcher pro

No bugs/issues yet, I did switch to Zeam launcher, its very snappy, the only lag or delay I notice is when I unlock it but I think that`s down to it just waking up or what not.
    Ste- wrote: »

I still think Darky has a lot of bloat in the rom, and there's an awful lot in there not needed.
    It is very stable yes I'll grant that. But I tried 10rc6 but I went back to the other side for the multi dpi, Yes I could change Darkys too by changing the dpi myself but then I couldn't use the default dialer.

What am I doing here, beats the hell out of me, Insanity forum is as exciting as a party in a in an old folks home.

Is there a fair big of bloat ware, how bad is it?

Get Wallpaper Set & Save, that`ll sort it out...

Will try it out later but there doesn't seem to be any wallpapers included in the zipped theme folder. Not to worry.

Nope, seems very very stable and quick so far.

I've installed Simi clock but can't see an option to get the days of the week listed across the screen as below. Anyone know how to do it or if it's another widget altogether?

snap20110511-121147.png

Is Darky using JVH as his base ROM now? I find no need for a Darky ROM now. The Ficeto base and a theme is all I need.
    I uninstall any unwanted apps with Titanium Backup.

PogMoThoin wrote: »

SPB Shell 3D.
    I have Launcher Pro paid for too. I've gotten used to SPB now though.
    Might just give LP a try out again later and see if it's any better.
    But the only little lag is when opening the app drawer. No big deal.

Will try it out later but there doesn't seem to be any wallpapers included in the zipped theme folder. Not to worry.

Nope, seems very very stable and quick so far.

I've installed Simi clock but can't see an option to get the days of the week listed across the screen as below. Anyone know how to do it or if it's another widget altogether?

snap20110511-121147.png

That`s One seven Pro man
    Is Darky using JVH as his base ROM now? I find no need for a Darky ROM now. The Ficeto base and a theme is all I need.

Yeah, he had just done JVB base and when JVH came out, he started the JVH version.
    SPB Shell 3D.
    I have Launcher Pro paid for too. I've gotten used to SPB now though.
    Might just give LP a try out again later and see if it's any better.
    But the only little lag is when opening the app drawer. No big deal.

I tried SPB Shell and its nice to play with for a few minutes, but its to stiff for me to use, not mush customisation with it.

Launcher Pro I one of the best for doing what ever you want to it, highly customisable...once you up all the opening speed in it, she fly`s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I flashed with Ficeto JVH for base rom, am not keen on the gingerbread themes as liked Darkys. Is there a darky's theme available for gingerbread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Ficeto has charmed him ,for a while anyway. He's a changed man he hasn't said to anyone yet "have you never heard of Google Man!"

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Yep. Lag was because of SPB Shell. Tried Launcher Pro and the app drawer opens instantly.

I tried SPB Shell and its nice to play with for a few minutes, but its to stiff for me to use, not mush customisation with it.

Launcher Pro I one of the best for doing what ever you want to it, highly customisable...once you up all the opening speed in it, she fly`s.

I need an app that allows me to create a 4x1 and a 4x2 folder that I can putt my apps into. Something like what SPB Shell has, but I want to be able to use it with Launcher Pro.
    Anybody got any ideas what I can use? Simi Folder isn't what I'm looking for either.

Yep. Lag was because of SPB Shell. Tried Launcher Pro and the app drawer opens instantly.

I need an app that allows me to create a 4x1 and a 4x2 folder that I can putt my apps into. Something like what SPB Shell has, but I want to be able to use it with Launcher Pro.
    Anybody got any ideas what I can use? Simi Folder isn't what I'm looking for either.

Here`s an idea, when I was using LP, I had way to many app that I`d use daily, so to save on space I categorised them, so in the dock bar I had a tools/email/games/multimedia and shopping and in each of these I had loads of app and depending on how many apps you had in that folder, it would determine the size of the folder there in, its called Auto App Organizer, every time you add/download a new app it auto-organises it, you can also create your own categories...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Lads, (Particularly PMT, Lewis, Ste, Rowley and Raoul!)

I flashed a few of Darky's ROM's over the last year culminating in 9.2 in Feb. since then I've been happy and busy so haven't kept up to speed with what's going on.

Over the last few days things have started going haywire. The battery has been acting weird as in dropping like a stone from 100% to 5% in 3-4 hours of regular use, being plugged in and charging but not updating the % charged i.e. stuck on e.g. 31% despite being plugged in and the circle flashing indicating it's charging and weirdest of all is that the ringer volume goes from 100% to 0% all by itself. I've manually increased the ringer volume from 0% to 100%, checked settings and done battery pulls but it keeps happening and I keep missing tons of calls :mad: TIME FOR A WIPE AND UPGRADE ME THINKS!!! ;)

From what I've read on this thread it seems that instead of upgrading to Darky's latest stable or rc ROM the consensus seems to be to install a base ROM cooked up by one of Darky's team members called Ficeto and overlay a Red theme? Have I got that right?

I found Ficeto's thread here http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-cwm-base-ficetos-jvh-base-roms-for-odin-and-cwm.2814/ so could you Darky guru's decipher all the lingo and tell me which version I need to download, what options I should go with (modem, kernel etc) and generally hold my hand a little?

Cheers all,

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Get the Odin version and follow the instructions in that thread. The CMW version can be flashed after the Odin one is installed. Personally I didn't bother as the base Rom has everything I need.

Find Odin1.7 and 512 PIT inside the zips
    1. Disable lagfix!
    2. Boot into download mode
    3. Start ODIN 1.7
    4. Put 512 PIT and tick repartition (it should autotick itself)
    5. Put the corresponding TAR into PDA box
    6. Flash

Download a JVH theme from here, store in sd on your phone and once you have installed the base rom reboot into recovery and install the theme from zip with CWM

Edit: The CMW version of the ROM has a few more apps built in but I dont think anyone here really bothered with it. There's also a 'Front facing camera fix' on that thread. Download that too and apply it in the same way as the theme. I went with the Red Gingerbread theme by MarcusNO. I wasn't sure about it at first but I like it now.

BenEadir wrote: »
    Lads, (Particularly PMT, Lewis, Ste, Rowley and Raoul!)

I flashed a few of Darky's ROM's over the last year culminating in 9.2 in Feb. since then I've been happy and busy so haven't kept up to speed with what's going on.

Over the last few days things have started going haywire. The battery has been acting weird as in dropping like a stone from 100% to 5% in 3-4 hours of regular use, being plugged in and charging but not updating the % charged i.e. stuck on e.g. 31% despite being plugged in and the circle flashing indicating it's charging and weirdest of all is that the ringer volume goes from 100% to 0% all by itself. I've manually increased the ringer volume from 0% to 100%, checked settings and done battery pulls but it keeps happening and I keep missing tons of calls :mad: TIME FOR A WIPE AND UPGRADE ME THINKS!!! ;)

From what I've read on this thread it seems that instead of upgrading to Darky's latest stable or rc ROM the consensus seems to be to install a base ROM cooked up by one of Darky's team members called Ficeto and overlay a Red theme? Have I got that right?

I found Ficeto's thread here http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/odin-cwm-base-ficetos-jvh-base-roms-for-odin-and-cwm.2814/ so could you Darky guru's decipher all the lingo and tell me which version I need to download, what options I should go with (modem, kernel etc) and generally hold my hand a little?

Cheers all,

Ben

Just flash that base ROM, but I`d hold out cause v10 is`nt final final final yet, lol.
    You`ll find Ficeto`s ROM VERY GOOD for the time being, Red theme is optional, but its one of the best I`ve seen.
    Just follow the steps by the letter and you`ll be fine, I did a factory reset before I started, as always make a backup before you start.

The theme is only optional.

bandit197 wrote: »
    Get the Odin version and follow the instructions in that thread. The CMW version can be flashed after the Odin one is installed. Personally I didn't bother as the base Rom has everything I need.

Find Odin1.7 and 512 PIT inside the zips
    1. Disable lagfix!
    2. Boot into download mode
    3. Start ODIN 1.7
    4. Put 512 PIT and tick repartition (it should autotick itself)
    5. Put the corresponding TAR into PDA box
    6. Flash

Don`t use this version, use 1.3, 1.7 has not been working out for a lot of people..

Don`t use this version, use 1.3, 1.7 has not been working out for a lot of people..

Ficeto used 1.7 but 1.3 working fine for peeps too. I used 1.7 with Windows 7 32bit...no probs

bandit197 wrote: »
    Ficeto used 1.7 but 1.3 working fine for peeps too. I used 1.7 with Windows 7 32bit...no probs

Its stated in the first post alright but later on, 1.3 is advised, just best to be safe when using Odin, my heart always beats 98MPH when I use it, lol

• Advertisement

Its stated in the first post alright but later on, 1.3 is advised, just best to be safe when using Odin, my heart always beats 98MPH when I use it, lol

Me too, it has the power to do good...or evil :D

Yeah I seen that later on round page 12 or so I think, that guy who makes the guides, cant remember his name, recommended 1.3 alright. Im not even sure what is the difference in the versions tbh.

Advertisement