Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11 - Arklow to Rathnew

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Did Leo Veradker not say no infrastructure works in 2013?

Here you go.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/leo-varadkar-says-no-new-roads-but-existing-network-will-get-emergency-repairs-29117874.html

Surprising (not really) since Leo loves to announce projects which will never start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Here you go.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/leo-varadkar-says-no-new-roads-but-existing-network-will-get-emergency-repairs-29117874.html

Surprising (not really) since Leo loves to announce projects which will never start.

yeah i read that article. the arklow rathnew stretch would be a national route,not local or regional so i dont think that announcement would have any outcome on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

yeah i read that article. the arklow rathnew stretch would be a national route,not local or regional so i dont think that announcement would have any outcome on it

It won't have any affect on it.

O.P. this project is bundled with the Newlands cross upgrade. There are already two threads discussing both parts of the package:
    Newlands Cross Upgrade
    Arklow - Rathnew

drove by this morning.two diggers in action on one and one on the other.already a good bit of clearing of growth done by them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Threads merged.

got chatiin to lad on cisireland website today. I asked about work goin on at the moment on site. Here is a quote from him-"I asked the research team and they said at the moment they are prepping the site and work is expected to start at the end of April / start of May"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Received today
    Dear Mr. JD,

Thank you for your email regarding the N11 Rathnew to Arklow road improvement scheme.

The contract has not been awarded. The Authority is continuing to work closely with the preferred tenderer for the N11 Arklow to Rathnew Public Private Partnership (PPP) contract (which includes the upgrade of the N7 Newlands Cross junction) with a view to achieving contract award shortly.

jd wrote: »
    Received today

the m11 gorey service area attatched to the project is also expected to commence construction half way through construction of arklow rathnew.according to cisireland contact

Not sure if its significant but I drove by at least 6 track excavators (on both sides of road) on the N11 near Jack Whites yesterday. They appeared to be clearing scrub and small trees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Not sure if its significant but I drove by at least 6 track excavators (on both sides of road) on the N11 near Jack Whites yesterday. They appeared to be clearing scrub and small trees.

http://www.wicklownews.net/Post/2013/3/4282/work-at-jack-whites-not-comencement-of-n11-upgrade

It's nothing, apparently.

On another note it's slightly annoying when you can pick out comments in an Arklow accent because of how they misspell their words.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

http://www.wicklownews.net/Post/2013/3/4282/work-at-jack-whites-not-comencement-of-n11-upgrade

It's nothing, apparently.

On another note it's slightly annoying when you can pick out comments in an Arklow accent because of how they misspell their words.
    How hilarious is that - a newspaper article telling you that something isn't happening. The absence of news.

spacetweek wrote: »
    How hilarious is that - a newspaper article telling you that something isn't happening. The absence of news.

i would take anything that rag says with a pinch of salt. Really poorly written aswell. If you read my previous posts on this thread you will see i more than likely did more research by contacting cisireland than the writer of that "article" did

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

They aren't misspelt, that's Arkla dialect. You might as well complain about English people misspelling press, cupboard; or stood as trod
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Pulitzer winning journalism indeed... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Anyone got any updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

It's a while away yet. I'd say we'd be lucky if it started this side if Christmas.

http://www.cisireland.com/ there is a chat facility available during business hours on that site if anyone is bothered. they generally give a prompt response as to whats goin on with the project

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

It's a while away yet. I'd say we'd be lucky if it started this side if Christmas.
    That's blatantly unfounded. There is still no reason to believe it won't start by the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

That's blatantly unfounded. There is still no reason to believe it won't start by the end of the month.

Cross post from NX thread but they are still expecting the contract signing to be complete this month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

That's before April 30th 2013? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Quickelles wrote: »
    That's before April 30th 2013? :cool:
    Behave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm just wondering and I apologise if this has been asked before. But are there any restrictions on what months the trees and vegetation can be removed. Surely if they were to start construction this year they would need to be felled and cleared before the birds and wildlife become active, which is probably already the case.

site has already been prepped

• Registered Users Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭prunudo

site has already been prepped

There's still a lot of trees and gorse along the existing road though.

jvan wrote: »
    There's still a lot of trees and gorse along the existing road though.

It wouldn't take too long to rip up a few trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If they haven't announced signing of the contracts and fixing of terms ont he financing, there is no scope for making announcements or seeking staff, lining up equipment etc. On that basis, I can confidently state that while there might a contract close before the month end, it is impossible for there to be full crews and onsite working by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It wouldn't take too long to rip up a few trees.

Meeting up with the existing road would be close ont he end of construction, though. Highly likely that there will be hedge clearing and other actions along the existing roads (esp near Jack White's) but this is not particularly related to the construction of the new road and, at this stage, would not be part of the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Bards

Marcusm wrote: »
    If they haven't announced signing of the contracts and fixing of terms ont he financing, there is no scope for making announcements or seeking staff, lining up equipment etc. On that basis, I can confidently state that while there might a contract close before the month end, it is impossible for there to be full crews and onsite working by then.

Waterford City Bypass contract signing was done about 1 month before construction got underway without any problems with staff etc.

Advertisement