Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your finest retort

Options
  • 08-02-2010 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Ok everyone hit me with it. I want a full blown story with these ones and I don't care how late it is. Commit to the thread. I want to know what was the best back answer you had to someone. Whether it was someone trying to start a fight or whatever and you shut them up with something extremely epic! I'm talking about the kinda sentence that makes you turn around, hold up your chin, strut it away while walking and then not being able to help smile and say to yourself "Yehhhhh motherf****Er" :D

Mine was when I was in secondary school in Biology. One of the "popular" ppl decided to make nasty references to my gorgeous highlighted blonde locks (naturally highlighted from the sun while I was in Spain) he was jealous because mine looked more awesome than his :cool:

I got fed, I booted my stool down the classroom, walked up to his desk and slammed my hands down (in full view of the class) and said "Yano somethin, I can't stand you, half the people in here laugh at your stupidity and not because you're funny, they're laughing AT you and not WITH you. Wanna know what you are? You know when you've gone out for dinner and had a nice juicy steak or that delicious chicken and ham? Yeh? Well, you're that annoying bastard of a piece of meat that gets stuck between your teeth and does your head in for the rest of the fúcking day trying to get it out when you haven't got a toothpick! Now, you keep pissing me off and I swear I'll get a toothpick, so stop annoying me! Are we clear?"

I then picked my stool up and sat down in awe of the teacher and a completely silent open-mouthed classroom, I was last leaving the class and she simply winked and smiled and said "don't let rubbish like that get to you" :)

Your turn peeps :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"Takes one to KNOW one!" :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That wasn't a retort. That was him winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

'So's your face!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

In a pub, Garda raided it, asked us our names, my mate looked at me, then looked at the Garda, then blurted out Shergar, we legged it never to be seen by that Garda again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Sarky wrote: »
    That wasn't a retort. That was him winning.
    "You wanna know what you are? Yano when you've gone out for dinner and....."

You know the rest :cool:

I believe I won because he shut his pie hole afterwards for the remainder of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

No you are!!

ha.

Abigayle wrote: »
    No you are!!

ha.
    I thought yours would have been "Oh yeh well I'm fúckin your dad, the gardnur, the bread man (and got a yeast infection, Oh the irony) and your sis"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

"I know ya are but what am I" :p

)why is there 2 smilies sticking out tongue) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

"I swear ill get a toothpick........"

............youre actually proud of this retort :confused:

"I swear ill get a toothpick........"

............youre actually proud of this retort :confused:
    In a word, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Your Ma's your Da

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I was giving a mate of mine the finger (very unlike me but anyway) and I accidentally gave him the wrong (smaller) finger. He said 'wrong finger jerkface and I said
    "Yeah, I'm saving this one for your mother" I lol'd.

I proved a mate wrong over a long running argument we'd been having and after he'd conceded I said "were you always that stupid, or did someone fúck you stupid and you stayed that way?"

wow this thread is just a whole lot of jerking off on ourselves isnt it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Bonito wrote: »
    "You wanna know what you are? Yano when you've gone out for dinner and....."

You know the rest :cool:

I believe I won because he shut his pie hole afterwards for the remainder of the year.

only coz nothing he could possibly have said would have made you look like any more of a complete tosspot than you had just managed yourself

Mine was when I was in secondary school in Biology.

Where's that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I am rubber, you are glue. What bounces off me, sticks to you!

Where's that? :confused:
    Just next to maths and around the corner from physics in the corridor with the green carpet :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Helix wrote: »
    only coz nothing he could possibly have said would have made you look like any more of a complete tosspot than you had just managed yourself

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Don't know the best comeback I have ever made tbh. Probably along the lines of "what...ever!" but I read this recently and it provided me with a chuckle:

If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial The lawyer was trying to undermine the policeman's credibility...

Q: 'Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?'

A: 'No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender , running several blocks away.'

Q: 'Officer -- who provided this description?'

A: 'The officer who responded to the scene.'

Q: 'A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?'

A: ' Yes, sir. With my life.'

Q: 'With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?'

A: 'Yes sir, we do!'

Q: 'And do you have a locker in the room?'

A: 'Yes sir, I do.'

Q : 'And do you have a lock on your locker?'

A: 'Yes sir.'

Q: 'Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?'

A: 'You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex , and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.'

The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

By text, its my birthday

Girlfriend: On train, cant wait to see you

Me: In my room, cant wait til theres minus eight inches between us

I was being modest..that was just girth (pops collar)/ joke

• Advertisement

By text, its my birthday

Girlfriend: On train, cant wait to see you

Me: In my room, cant wait til theres minus eight inches between us

I was being modest..that was just girth (pops collar)/ joke
    Brilliant :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

No, YOU'RE gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

@op: what a crap retort!

el judìo wrote: »
    @op: what a crap retort!
    If you're not going to contribute to the thread you know where the door is!

Is that one good enough for you?^^^^^^^ Had your nice little whinge about something you didn't like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He is contributing to the thread. You might not be happy with his contribution but he is still contributing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

That's what she said!

He is contributing to the thread. You might not be happy with his contribution but he is still contributing.

Uh oh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Once someone posted about a specific topic in AH and I pointed him to the relevant forum with a little ASCII arrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

A mate of mine was talking to a guy in Belfast who was saying he's mate was in the armed response unit of the PSNI. A scumbag holding a steel poll walked up to him while he was standing there with a submachine gun during a riot and said "That isn't even loaded, you can't do anything to hurt me" while he waved the poll about. His mate then smashed him in the face with the butt of the gun and said "Yeah it isn't loaded but it still f*cking hurts doesn't it ?".

He had a massive report to fill up, said it was worth it though.

Advertisement