Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion Alliance

Options
  • 02-06-2009 1:19pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This threads to discuss deadly alliance battles that aren't currently ongoing, to keep the thread from going off topic.

So, that would make all the other Transformers then right.

I don't know what the White Wolf equivalent of the Transformers would be. One interpretation of them is they were created by the God of Light, Primus, to halt the oncoming entropy of the Chaos Bringer who wants to return the universe(/es) to oblivion. The Transformers, though mostly unaware of it, are the "statis" part of the trinity, holding together the Universe between the wild creation of the First ones and the entropy of Unicron. They are in fact, I guess, the Weaver itself from Werewolf: the Apocalypse, the Autobots being the "good" side of the weaver, the Decepticons being the "bad".

the interesting thing to note for this tournament is that Optimus is the most powerful and aware of these beings, and that the Matrix/Allspark he holds within him allows him access to these ancient, primeval powers of creation and light. Thus Prime is even able to "birth" new Transformers sparks (souls) in most continuities.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

SDooM wrote: »
    I don't know what the White Wolf equivalent of the Transformers would be. One interpretation of them is they were created by the God of Light, Primus, to halt the oncoming entropy of the Chaos Bringer who wants to return the universe(/es) to oblivion. The Transformers, though mostly unaware of it, are the "statis" part of the trinity, holding together the Universe between the wild creation of the First ones and the entropy of Unicron. They are in fact, I guess, the Weaver itself from Werewolf: the Apocalypse, the Autobots being the "good" side of the weaver, the Decepticons being the "bad".

the interesting thing to note for this tournament is that Optimus is the most powerful and aware of these beings, and that the Matrix/Allspark he holds within him allows him access to these ancient, primeval powers of creation and light. Thus Prime is even able to "birth" new Transformers sparks (souls) in most continuities.
    Me thinks we getting almost too nerdy for this thread here DooM.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

new thread created. Ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So let me get this straight:
    In the beginnng the Transformers were created by Hasbro Primus to sell toys protect the universe.

Galvasean wrote: »
    In the beginnng the Transformers were created by Hasbro Primus to sell toys protect the universe.

So yeah, Ghost Rider and King kong Vs the Hulk and the Crow... score?

There's very, very few characters in the tournament who were designed to do anything other than sell something, dude!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

There's very, very few characters in the tournament who were designed to do anything other than sell something, dude!
    You has a point there

• Advertisement

Except Velociraptor, he was a true story. (oh wait, that was teh last tourney)

So who won between Batman&Bates Vs Damien and.... his partner?

Except Velociraptor, he was a true story. (oh wait, that was teh last tourney)

So who won between Batman&Bates Vs Damien and.... his partner?

Batman and Venom? Were put out by Doctor Who and the Invisible man after a titanic struggle.

The Bates's ended Damo, IIRC

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Wasn't it a case that Primus and Unicron are the antithesis of each other, becoming embedded within planets and 'taking them over', Unicron converting his planet into a massive killing machine roaming the universe and Primus focused on creating a new race of robots to proliferate etc etc yadda yadda.

Batman and Venom? Were put out by Doctor Who and the Invisible man after a titanic struggle.

The Bates's ended Damo, IIRC

Meant to say Bateman, typo.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Wasn't it a case that Primus and Unicron are the antithesis of each other, becoming embedded within planets and 'taking them over', Unicron converting his planet into a massive killing machine roaming the universe and Primus focused on creating a new race of robots to proliferate etc etc yadda yadda.

This is also true.

There's soooo many different continuities of Transformers there's no one true way of looking at it.

The way I look at it is taking into account the retcon that Primus and Unicron are singularities and constants around which the universe revolve, primeval forces pitched in constant battle across the multiverse.

Generally the Transformers are designed to protect the universe from the entropic oblivion of Unicron et al and sometimes to replace Primus himself.

• Advertisement

This is also true.

There's soooo many different continuities of Transformers there's no one true way of looking at it.

The way I look at it is taking into account the retcon that Primus and Unicron are singularities and constants around which the universe revolve, primeval forces pitched in constant battle across the multiverse.

Generally the Transformers are designed to protect the universe from the entropic oblivion of Unicron et al and sometimes to replace Primus himself.
    Thus is the balance between order and chaos both maintained and perpetuated.

This is also true.

Here's where it gets tricky; apparently there is only one Unicron and one Primus in ALL of the multiverses (busy buggers). Unicron can traverse freely through the multiverses. In fact all instances where he appeared destroyed are (retcons) he simply phased into another dimension. thats why Primus has several agents (so to speak) who can cross dimensions in order to combat the forces of Unicron. Vector Prime is one of the most well known of these agents.

Thus is the balance between order and chaos both maintained and perpetuated.

Exactly.

Primus = Wyld

Transformers = Weaver

Unicron = Wyrm (Corrupted)

Deathbringer = Wyrm (Uncorrupted)

... Now THATS nerdy. :)

Exactly.

Primus = Wyld

Transformers = Weaver

Unicron = Wyrm (Corrupted)

Deathbringer = Wyrm (Uncorrupted)

... Now THATS nerdy. :)
    No, that is freaking sweet.

No, that is freaking sweet.

There's a dude called simon furman who came up with alot of this stuff writing transformers. It's amazing though how organically some of it grew from fan idea to canon- like sparks, the term seeker, et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There's a dude called simon furman who came up with alot of this stuff writing transformers. It's amazing though how organically some of it grew from fan idea to canon- like sparks, the term seeker, et al.

Simon Furman is an absolute legend. Who else could come up with Ratbat being a Decepticon Leader and make it work.

Everyone should read all the current IDW stuff as it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Got the WWH comics. AWESOME

Seriously re-evaluated my view of hulk.

I spit on most other Marvel characters now.

EDIT: More so than before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pter wrote: »
    Got the WWH comics. AWESOME

Seriously re-evaluated my view of hulk.

I spit on most other Marvel characters now.

EDIT: More so than before

Did you also read Planet Hulk?

It's just as good, if not better. I have the really nice hardback edition.

I didnt....its only been one day after all. WWH gave alot of snap shots of what happened though. I dont like how much escalation there has been in the marvel universe lately though. It seems everyone is either a martial arts expert or an unstoppable power house, with very little in between.

It was the same with Civil War imo. One of the heavy hitters should have died.

I mean Spiderman was TOTALLY marginalised in WWH. Fair enough he would not stand a chance against Hulk, but he is one of the flagship characters.

Everyone should read all the current IDW stuff as it's amazing.

Now that you mention it, Sixshot would be a good character foe one of these tournaments. Imagine that, a Decepticon whose very job title is 'world breaker'.
    IDW_Spotlight_Sixshotshootsstuff.jpg

Basically he roams around looking for mighty warriors to fight. Poor old Ultra Magnus found himself on the recieving end of this particular habit:

He killed all the Aerialbots in 20 seconds flat! :eek:

• Advertisement

Veto on account of dual nationalities (American and Japanese)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Sixshot seem like a bit of a dick move.

Wuh???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've run one of these things with LZ and he's the least shenanigansy person here. Let him do his thing people.

Sniff, thanks boss.:(:D

Yeah, I know LZ is gonna play fair. Really it comes down to luck of the draw for what opponents contenders will face. One thing though for the next tourney (if there is one), NO GIANT ANYTHING,OR PLANET MUNCHING ALIENS a.k.a. Galctus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah, I know LZ is gonna play fair. Really it comes down to luck of the draw for what opponents contenders will face. One thing though for the next tourney (if there is one), NO GIANT ANYTHING,OR PLANET MUNCHING ALIENS a.k.a. Galctus.

Ha ha true enough.:pac: I was actually a bit relieved that Galactus was drawn against Dr. Manhattan, because if there is anyone who can beat him it's him.

I'm really beginning to regret those last minute additions. Megaprime, Doctor Invisible and now Galactus; they've all caused trouble for me.:mad::pac:

Some of the late additions are a bit more powerful than the usual competitors. I'm really looking forward to Bateman-Bates versus MegaPrime, Iron Galcatus, or Neohattan though. That should be an awesome fight. Hope I don't blink and miss it.;)

Some of the late additions are a bit more powerful than the usual competitors. I'm really looking forward to Bateman-Bates versus MegaPrime, Iron Galcatus, or Neohattan though. That should be an awesome fight. Hope I don't blink and miss it.;)

I actually think there should be divisions in the next one. Voltron vs Optimus would be something I'd mark for.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ha ha true enough.:pac: I was actually a bit relieved that Galactus was drawn against Dr. Manhattan, because if there is anyone who can beat him it's him.

I'm really beginning to regret those last minute additions. Megaprime, Doctor Invisible and now Galactus; they've all caused trouble for me.:mad::pac:

Optimus can beat Galactus by opening his chest. He's got a kinda jedi "only the necessary power needed" thing going on. He can't really use the Matrix to, like, open a tin of beans.

So he can kill Galactus but still be hurt by normal fire.

• Advertisement

I actually think there should be divisions in the next one. Voltron vs Optimus would be something I'd mark for.
    So divisions would be something like:
    1.Human
    2.Meta/Super human
    3.Holy Jeebus
    4.Head between legs, kiss yo ass goodbye.

Advertisement