Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistdirect.co.uk

Options
  • 03-01-2009 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi there,

not sure if it's a bargain, I'll post this anyway...

Just found this website www.chemistdirect.co.uk and they seem to have pretty good deals compared to my chemist...

Shipping is 7.49 sterling.

Cheers,

Magic

MOD EDIT: Potential bargain-hunters BEWARE!

Please read this thread in full before ordering as there seems to be a number of posters who are having nothing but trouble with this particular site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Had to lol at one section of their site.

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/itchy-anus_2_3285.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have to second this recommendation.I've bought from this site many times (everything from vitamins to computer cables!) and they've generally been around 50% cheaper to what I'd pay locally.They sell a huge range of stuff from TVs to medications.You can even get a perscription filled by them rather than buy here.I always found delivery very prompt and I've seen them recommended several times in Newspapers.The have a 10% refund price promise if you find an item cheaper elsewhere.
    Anyone who wants things like Nicorette etc should have a look.

Price compare : http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/price_check.php

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Thanks OP. Just placed an order for £40 worth of meds for the family. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen products particluarly cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bigkev49 wrote: »

What's funnier is the photo at the top..
    Itchy Anus:

embarrasing_itchy_anus.jpg

So that's where my anus is....! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Holy embarrassing afflictions batman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

chilly wrote: »
    You can even get a perscription filled by them rather than buy here.

How can the above be true if their website reads as follows:
    Under UK law we are only able to dispense prescriptions written by practitioners who are registered in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

I don't believe you can fill an Irish prescription with them. Prescription drugs are heavily regulated in UK and Ireland and so there's probably too much red tape.

On a side note, they also sell a large selection of pet products including worming tables which are pretty expensive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

wow! can't believe that ... pregnancy test 79p! including postage its still a lot cheaper than here ... 8.99 in tesco for a single and i thought that wasn't too bad - once again - rip off ireland!

edited to say ... see postage is more than i thought but you'd obviously buy more than one item

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

tregan wrote: »
    wow! can't believe that ... pregnancy test 79p! including postage its still a lot cheaper than here ... 8.99 in tesco for a single and i thought that wasn't too bad - once again - rip off ireland!

edited to say ... see postage is more than i thought but you'd obviously buy more than one item

Take a look at the cost of generic hayfever / antihistamine tablets - got my whole supply for next summer for 35p a packet !!! :D

Has anybody ever ordered anything using a perscription ? My medication costs me 95 per month on that website its for 15 pounds :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

Wow, that's a massive difference. You should definately contact them and find out.

Or, perhaps you could see a doctor up north and get a prescription.

joeswatch wrote: »
    How can the above be true if their website reads as follows:
    Under UK law we are only able to dispense prescriptions written by practitioners who are registered in the UK.

I haven't actually issued a prescription to this website so I am not sure if they do dispence to Ireland.

However Re the info on the site:the legal status of presciptions issued in EU countries has changed within the UK very recently(November 2008). UK pharmacies can now dispence prescriptions writen in most EU countires provided they are writen by a qualified doctor or dentist.This provision was enabled by The Medicines for Human Use (Prescribing by EEA practitioners) Regulations 2008.
    There is some information here :
    http://www.psni.org.uk/documents/136/Dispensing+European+Economic+Area+prescriptions.pdf

It was noted within the regulations that this change has particular relevance for people in the Republic of Ireland who may want to get prescriptions in the North.
    Has anybody ever ordered anything using a perscription ? My medication costs me 95 per month on that website its for 15 pounds :eek:

If this website choses not to service Irish customers I'm sure another will pop up soon that will. Also going to NI to fill a prescription is a possibility now for anyone getting regular expensive medicine. It is at the discretion of the pharmacist if they chose to serve you or not but there is money to made here so I'd say some will be happy to do it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

bigkev49 wrote: »

how did you come across that section as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

jayteecork wrote: »

Maybe he had an itchy anus.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

ian_m wrote: »

Usually from not wiping properly. Forget about those creams.
    Have a shower if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

After ordering a substantial amount from this company last night, I read loads of bad reviews about the place on various review sites. I then couldn't cancel the order last night-thankfully I got a email this morning to tell me that the order had not gone through successfully. The pet items were a definite bargain compared to what I pay for them in the local chemist but it turns out you needed a prescription for them(which you don't here). I'd leave well enough alone, despite some stuff being a fraction of what they'd be in your local chemist. Hopefully a better site, with lower shipping and a better reputation will be recommended here instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

lindtee wrote: »
    After ordering a substantial amount from this company last night, I read loads of bad reviews about the place on various review sites. I then couldn't cancel the order last night-thankfully I got a email this morning to tell me that the order had not gone through successfully. The pet items were a definite bargain compared to what I pay for them in the local chemist but it turns out you needed a prescription for them(which you don't here). I'd leave well enough alone, despite some stuff being a fraction of what they'd be in your local chemist. Hopefully a better site, with lower shipping and a better reputation will be recommended here instead.

Have ordered from them several times without any problems - prices can't be beaten on some items - 15 Berocca tablets in Boots at the weekend €9.99 - Chemistdirect £3.87 stg - go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

After ordering a substantial amount from this company last night, I read loads of bad reviews about the place on various review sites.
    What were they saying?

Just google chemistdirect reviews and you'll see what the story is. I reckoned something was fishy when I did not receive a confirmation email, so I googled the name(wish I had done this before hand:().
    Basically lots of people had placed orders which mysteriously disappeared from their account on the website and they did not receive a confirmation e-mail either...yet then they were charged for items....which they never got(or by the site, never even ordered) Just checked my online account and yes, the money has been debited from my card, within 24 hours ffs. I contacted chemistdirect who do not have a record of my order, they reckon that its because of a "slight" computer error....and on the very,very,very rare occurance that they charged me in error, I am to contact THEM by PHONE to rectify this. I am livid, I tells you....especially reading that some people never got their money back. GGRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just google chemistdirect reviews and you'll see what the story is. I reckoned something was fishy when I did not receive a confirmation email, so I googled the name(wish I had done this before hand:().
    Basically lots of people had placed orders which mysteriously disappeared from their account on the website and they did not receive a confirmation e-mail either...yet then they were charged for items....which they never got(or by the site, never even ordered) Just checked my online account and yes, the money has been debited from my card, within 24 hours ffs. I contacted chemistdirect who do not have a record of my order, they reckon that its because of a "slight" computer error....and on the very,very,very rare occurance that they charged me in error, I am to contact THEM by PHONE to rectify this. I am livid, I tells you....especially reading that some people never got their money back. GGRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ring your credit card company straight away and report it as a fraudulent transaction, its a pity this crowd are a let down, anyone use any other online chemists?

• Advertisement

Just checked my online account and yes, the money has been debited from my card, within 24 hours ffs. I contacted chemistdirect who do not have a record of my order, they reckon that its because of a "slight" computer error....and on the very,very,very rare occurance that they charged me in error, I am to contact THEM by PHONE to rectify this. I am livid, I tells you....especially reading that some people never got their money back. GGRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you don't recieve your order or it isn't sorted out between you and chemistdirect.co.uk you can contact your credit card issuer and get them to do a charge back.

That's a pity to hear they have a bad reputation.I've used chemistdirect.co.uk on several occasions and everything arrived as ordered in good time.I've seen them highly recommended by the Sunday Times and some other publications too.

Ring your credit card company straight away and report it as a fraudulent transaction, its a pity this crowd are a let down, anyone use any other online chemists?

Will I say I made the order and the money was taken and no record of my order on site or do I say card details were stolen? Nothing like this has happened to me before....

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews166261.html
    ^just one of the sites I checked for reviews for the palce

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Will I say I made the order and the money was taken and no record of my order on site or do I say card details were stolen? Nothing like this has happened to me before....

Explain how it happened, did you get any email confirmation back from them? Just tell them you feel you have been scammed by this crowd and you want your money back, it might take a few weeks while your credit card investigates but you should be fully refunded.

Just explain it to whoever you speak to as it happened. Most CC places have a 24 hr service so you can probably do it now.

Explain how it happened, did you get any email confirmation back from them? Just tell them you feel you have been scammed by this crowd and you want your money back, it might take a few weeks while your credit card investigates but you should be fully refunded.

No email confirmation. Thanks for the advice. Will ring CC company in the AM. Sent an email to chemist direct a little while ago, we'll see do I get any joy from that-will try and contact them by phone too. Its nearly 100 euros of an order(silly me). They are not doing themselves any favours by treating new customers so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

ian_m wrote: »
    Usually from not wiping properly. Forget about those creams.
    Have a shower if need be.

Right funny men aren't we? :rolleyes:

After a few days of very strongly worded emails by myself and contact with my Credit Card Company, money appeared on my online statement today. (minus 2 euro though because of exhange rate). Phew. I will be looking for reviews of new sites BEFORE I order from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

I never received my order from them though I do have a confirmation email and an order number.....

I honestly thought the website was genuine, never imagined it would be a scam ( I would have never posted it this here otherwise)...sorry about that...

I never thought to google it before I posted the order and it was 77 sterling in my case...

I'm gonna ring the bank now and see what the story is...

Cheers,
    Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCcxmXkcf8

Mitesh Soma is the guy you need to complain to :)

I suspect they may be having difficulty dealing with the influx of new orders after the BBC report. Avoid them until such a time as the reviews become more positive (if ever)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Ah crap I put in an order too almost €100 but haven't heard anything back yet, was taken off my card

Advertisement