Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trinity Hall thread

Options
  • 01-12-2005 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Are you in Trinity Hal l/ Thinking of going / Tad any experiences of it,
    then this is the thread for you.

Here we can discuss ;

Who we are,

In which house we live,

What our flat-mates are like,

What we think of the presidents weekly e-mails'

News on upcoming events'

Our disgust at the breaking of Phantomdcc,

The Room-checks

Who is doing who etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me watches tumbleweed pass by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

That is extremebly uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

why are the presidents weekly emails in a trinity hall thread? surely they relate to all and including them there is silly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Actually..there's a girl across the way from my apartment, and two floors down, who's a bit of an exhibitionist. She likes to prance around her room naked and let everyone see, and apparently she was having sex yesterday, also with the blinds and the window open. Fair play to her I say.
    In which house we live,

What our flat-mates are like,

What we think of the presidents weekly e-mails'

News on upcoming events'

The Room-checks

Who is doing who etc.

I'm not saying which house I live in,
    My flatmates are all cool,
    President's weekly emails are funny but annoying in an "I'm paid to do this really cushy job" kind of way,
    The open mic night was last night, it was quite good,
    Phantomdcc was good while it lasted, I'm glad I downloaded as much as I could fit on my harddrive,
    The roomchecks were fine, my room was a tip and they didn't really care,
    I don't know/care who's doing who (except for exhibitionist girl, she's the talk of our entire block).
    why are the presidents weekly emails in a trinity hall thread? surely they relate to all and including them there is silly?
    He's talking about the president of the trinity hall jcr.

ah well see that could've been made clearer. also i'm coming over to see exhibitionist girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well you left out one important detail, is this exabitionist girl hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

Pet-- i think (but I could be completely wrong...) that you live in the flat that was playing the cool loud Christmas music last night? If I'm wrong...there was a flat playing loud cool Christmas music last night..its got me all festive and in a good mood. What house does the exhibitionist girl live in???c'mon i wont know what flat but give me a direction??

I live in 89...its cool. Flatmates are lovely--we get on great.
    I love John's weekly letters...always makes me giggle.
    Everyone going to the Christmas Ball monday? Is 4 Dame Lane good? I've never been.
    My room check is today and I spent last night cleaning my bathroom so I better pass!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

4 Dame Lane is nice, especially if it's not too packed. But is an odd place to find - it just has burning pretend-torches outside, and no sign or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I love the way Roro complains about his cold showers and room checks when he has entertainment far superior to television. All I've got to look at is houses with no naked chicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

/me watches tumbleweed pass by

lol

totally called for, i mean, this is an internet thread for people who live in halls? a bit sad really, why dont you just go get a bottle of bucky and make some new friends!

and anyway, doesnt it really contradicte the lovely sense of security you have when you remain anonymous?

• Advertisement

Pet-- i think (but I could be completely wrong...) that you live in the flat that was playing the cool loud Christmas music last night? If I'm wrong...there was a flat playing loud cool Christmas music last night..its got me all festive and in a good mood. What house does the exhibitionist girl live in???c'mon i wont know what flat but give me a direction??

Yes, you are correct! How did you know? I wasn't there at the time (being at the open mic night), but my flatmates got very drunk and danced to christmas music (and apparently one of them put on a striptease too). And the three apartments across from ours were watching, and one (on the first floor) wrote a load of stuff on the window to them (like "eat before drinking" and "keep a bin by your bed tonight"). Exhibitionist girl is in 91 on the first floor, btw.
    I love the way Roro complains about his cold showers and room checks when he has entertainment far superior to television.

Hey, the cold showers cancel out any effect exhibitionist girl might have..

Pet wrote:
    Yes, you are correct! How did you know? I wasn't there at the time (being at the open mic night), but my flatmates got very drunk and danced to christmas music (and apparently one of them put on a striptease too). And the three apartments across from ours were watching, and one (on the first floor) wrote a load of stuff on the window to them (like "eat before drinking" and "keep a bin by your bed tonight"). Exhibitionist girl is in 91 on the first floor, btw.

Wow..ye have some sound system in ye're flat! I know because ye were throwing the water balloons the last week. I went over to put out the recycling(we had our inspection today, putting out the recycling at 10.30 isnt that normal for me...) and your flatmates were staring at me doing it...I think they were saying something but I couldn't make it out over the loud music. I didnt see any striptease though....awh...

I know because ye were throwing the water balloons the last week.

Oh yeah..heheh, that was fun..Yeah there's a big ****-off cd player in the kitchen, I imagine they had it turned up to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Sandals wrote:
    Ixnay on the arez-way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

But, is exhibitionist girl using a water based lubricant?

She's being confident, and being herself ;)

I dunno, I'd have to get binoculars to check that..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pics tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

How have the room checks been going>? do they happen the day they say?

Bad, and yes. A gob****e in my flat who will remain unnamed (not me) didn't clean the cooker and we failed, but apparently it's been sorted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Our apartment was checked last week. We were instructed to clean the floor. We didn't do it. The inspectors came back, and we passed. Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Ours didn't happen till the Wednesday, and they were supposed to be checked on monday. As you can imagine, we hadn't taken out the bin, and the place was not as clean as it had been on Monday - washing up not done, surfaces not wiped down..
    We passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Wtf!?
    Didn't realise they did this.

Bleedin saps (admin, not you's). I'd not pay to live in college accomodation after hearing that.. Get a flat next year. Closer to town for same price and good standards.

Look, for all the people that love to moan about the rules..It's a small price to pay for living in what is (as far as I can see) the best student residences in Dublin. They're new, modern, well-tended, the onsite facilities are great, they treat you well and it's all very well-thought-out. If you don't like the rules, either stop being a ****ing dirty immature slob and move back home to mammy who will do all your cleaning, or shut the **** up and get on with it.

Pet - have you seen the griffith college apartments? pretty much on par with halls (fewer people, smaller kitchen/ living room) and security are dead on. i prefer em to halls tbh.

Did anyone read the article about Halls in the TNT? I was pretty pissed off! I love living here...she called it a prison instead of her home and practically complained for the entire article. Look if your going to be loud when you have unsigned guests in your flat, your going to get found out! A bit of cop on and its all grand!

My room inspection was a bit of a joke--the two ladies literally peered in from the door and said grand and walked out. We passed with no bother and no fuss really. And my room was clean for a while-whats there to complain about that???

I agree. I read that article..that moany bitch needs to shut the **** up and join the real world.

Neil: yes I've seen Griffith college apts, but do they have music rooms and games rooms and a gym and such onsite? I doubt it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

While i was reading the piece in TN i was wondering - how on earth did she get caught so often? I lived in House 7 in Front Square, about as close as you could get to security when they all used to be based out of front arch and i never had any bother having people over and the like. Don't bother them and they don't bother you....

But, i did agree with her annoyance at the sometimes cavalier attitude college staff have to letting themselves into your room. I came back one day to find a man (yes, mum, i lied to you. there was a man, just once, in my room in college that year), hanging curtains. It was hardly an emergency situation, and if i'd known someone would have been coming in that day/week i'd have given the place a bit of a tidy. The poor guy had to clamber over a pile of washing that was resting in that corner, and navigate his way around the mini mountains of notes i had arranged all over the floor.

Also, i think that having maintenance wandering unannounced and singly through rooms is putting the staff themselves in an unfair situation - they're left open to accusations regarding money/stuff going missing and potentially hysterical students ('man! in my room! where's the pepper spray mum gave me for times like these!').

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

I don't get the houses in Trinity hall. Is there really more than 90 and why are some called after people like Cunningham?

• Advertisement

No, it's a continuation of the numbering scheme used for on-campus residences. And Cunningham House predates the numbers (because the building was there before the major expansion in the last ten years), so the name has stuck.

Advertisement