Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

user2011 wrote: »
    Got the heatsink delivered this morning, secured it with electrical tape put on Sky Sports News not a peep out of it (ran for an hour and a half). :cool:

Will look at getting something else to secure it instead of the tape though.

Would agree with the no air getting into it on Boxing day when watching the footie through web browser the stream started skipping the nephew was near it (no seating :pac:) got him to wave a newspaper to get the airflow going and it stopped.

Would love to get a quiet fan to sit near it, on top of it and for the mk908ii to.

The Amlogic is pretty good at staying cool anyway, but the prometheus has no room.

You could secure it with a mix of Toothpaste and Vaseline temporarily. It will work as a good alternative to Thermal Paste.
    Toothpaste on it's own works well, but it dries out quite quickly. I don't know if there is any, anymore, but make sure that the toothpaste isn't coarse.

Thermal paste is roughly €6 for a tube, and you only need a tiny bit.
    Thermal Paste
    Thermal Pad

apply_1.jpg

New boxes out yesterday. Same hardware (S802-H, Mali 450, Bluetooth 4 etc.) And a LOT of Roms going to be available. On top of that, they sell for a lot cheaper than any of the S802 or S802-H boxes currently available.

There's a 1GB/8GB version and a 2GB/8GB version.

Soft Power on/off (standby) and a hardware power off...

I got one today, as I had ordered 11 for the vans, and they threw in one of these free.. :D:D:D

I'm not sure if they waited for the prices of the other ones, or what they were doing, but I have a feeling these will do well..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭randombar

Allyall wrote: »
    New boxes out yesterday. Same hardware (S802-H, Mali 450, Bluetooth 4 etc.) And a LOT of Roms going to be available. On top of that, they sell for a lot cheaper than any of the S802 or S802-H boxes currently available.

There's a 1GB/8GB version and a 2GB/8GB version.

Soft Power on/off (standby) and a hardware power off...

I got one today, as I had ordered 11 for the vans, and they threw in one of these free.. :D:D:D

I'm not sure if they waited for the prices of the other ones, or what they were doing, but I have a feeling these will do well..

Linkage?

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Linkage?

I don't have a direct link yet, and I'm using phone now. I'll post a link when I'm at home. I think they're $60USD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I don't have a direct link yet, and I'm using phone now. I'll post a link when I'm at home. I think they're $60USD.

:eek:

Website name? quick quick I want one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Name of box or website and google will be fired up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Can anyone recommend some of the better apps for sports or is that a bit taboo? I have navi-x setup but find it a bit useless as it's not sorted and don't really know what lists to use. Any help here?

Oh and anyone managed to get the likes of SkyGo working? Maybe using some sort of Spoof and HDMI virtual switch?

Thanks

s.welstead wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some of the better apps for sports or is that a bit taboo? I have navi-x setup but find it a bit useless as it's not sorted and don't really know what lists to use. Any help here?

Oh and anyone managed to get the likes of SkyGo working? Maybe using some sort of Spoof and HDMI virtual switch?

Thanks

It is a bit taboo:p

Any chance of link?

Hi Guys

Have any of you with the Minix 8-H ran Atutu on it? could you post the results here please? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Lads,

Can't find developer options under settings on the Minix 8, any ideas?

Thanks,
    Gary

I helped get my sis get a box, it landed in Dublin sorting office last Saturday 2/8/14 and then moved to customs on Tuesday 5/8/14. Got her to ring on Tuesday afternoon (thinking she could speed it up by paying over the phone) she was told she would have to wait for it to be showing as moved from customs. She hasn't had any email or post from customs asking for how much it cost and a screen shot of it. :confused:

She's getting worried that she'll lose the box altogether, I'm trying to reassure her that'll not happen but yeah she's still worried and I'm beginning to second guess myself that it could happen :o

0e99bb12f51473d56f3a414f81945502.png

So could it happen?

Any other way to speed this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

There may be delays but she should get it. I have seen delays for over a week in customs.

Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do other than to wait. Hopefully it will get through next week.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    There may be delays but she should get it. I have seen delays for over a week in customs.

Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do other than to wait. Hopefully it will get through next week.

So zero risk of her not getting it. :cool: That makes me happy. One thing when it's your own money completely diff when it's other peoples money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So zero risk of her not getting it. :cool: That makes me happy. One thing when it's your own money completely diff when it's other peoples money.

I've bought loads of them boxes, and customs have never kept one.

You'll be charged vat alright and asked for a receipt of purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Would the MX2 still be a decent option, can get it for €55 delivered.

Any other better options available?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-PC-Smart-TV-BOX-Media-Player-2GB-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-RK3188-EU-Plug-/141343872058?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item20e8c0543a

are these reliable enough for 56E delivered?

there seems to be a lot of them for sale in various places

i only need the basics for SD streaming on xbmc

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-PC-Smart-TV-BOX-Media-Player-2GB-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-RK3188-EU-Plug-/141343872058?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item20e8c0543a

are these reliable enough for 56E delivered?

there seems to be a lot of them for sale in various places

i only need the basics for SD streaming on xbmc

I have same box only it is called K-R42 but same spec as above, it has no problems playing SD and most HD.

I have used non stop since I bought in Jan but I have just bitten the bullet and bought Minix New X8-H as an upgrade.....going to bring this box up to Kitkat 4.4 and put some new firmwares on it and then use as secondary box in another room.....will take some playing around with ROM's to get to what I want from it so with Minix up and running I have time to play around.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Would the MX2 still be a decent option, can get it for €55 delivered.

Any other better options available?
    yes the mx2 is a great box once flashed with linux

• Advertisement

Any update on this?

Can anyone find developer options under settings on the Minix 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Tap build number a a few times maybe ?

Anyone know what would make a device completely stop playing flash content?

I've put on 3 different roms on the mk908ii and all of them will not allow me to play flash content. :confused:

Two finless roms 1.6, 1.5a and lewy hfw 2.0.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

zweton wrote: »

Seems ok for the money

Anyone know what would make a device completely stop playing flash content?

I've put on 3 different roms on the mk908ii and all of them will not allow me to play flash content. :confused:

Two finless roms 1.6, 1.5a and lewy hfw 2.0.3

Updated to finless KK, flash only working with dolphin+jet pack and a new hacked flash apk from xda.

Hi Guys

So got my Minix X8-H last night. Looks a nice box so far, but came via parcel motel so only got at 10 last night. Cost with parcel Motel €138.57 so not too bad, bought off Fuketo.....

Anyway something that has annoyed me since I turned it on, I have UPC BB which is beside the TV. I had the old K-R42 plugged directly into the UPC Horizon box as I don't think the wireless is great on some of these boxes.

I put on the wifi as well and this was muck at the start, I had the minix sitting direct on top of the Horizon box, moved it to one side and after a reboot seems to be ok now but every so often google play won't connect, think I will have to move some stuff around this evening.......

Anyway was looking to do the same setup on the Minix box. So plug in, check all cables, click on ethernet and it says it find ethernet but no IP address assigned. Have rebooted everything twice and still nothing. Checked the setting and set up for DHCP. Any idea's? Would rather have it direct connect to horizon box.....I haven't tried a new network cable but the cable etc all worked with old box. I did swap ports on the Horizon.......

Hi All,

Looking for a dc extension for the power supply. Any recommendations?

Trying to find the dimensions for the socket online but can't seem to find them.

Also to get to developer mode you do actually have to click on "build number" under settings several times. V strange.

// Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Got an MXII and its great for xbmc and most of what I want however struggling to root it. Ideally if I could root I might be able to rootcloak, devicespoof and hdmi bypass to play skygo?

Someone mentions flash with Linux what are the advantages of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Guys

So got my Minix X8-H last night. Looks a nice box so far, but came via parcel motel so only got at 10 last night. Cost with parcel Motel €138.57 so not too bad, bought off Fuketo.....

Anyway something that has annoyed me since I turned it on, I have UPC BB which is beside the TV. I had the old K-R42 plugged directly into the UPC Horizon box as I don't think the wireless is great on some of these boxes.

I put on the wifi as well and this was muck at the start, I had the minix sitting direct on top of the Horizon box, moved it to one side and after a reboot seems to be ok now but every so often google play won't connect, think I will have to move some stuff around this evening.......

Anyway was looking to do the same setup on the Minix box. So plug in, check all cables, click on ethernet and it says it find ethernet but no IP address assigned. Have rebooted everything twice and still nothing. Checked the setting and set up for DHCP. Any idea's? Would rather have it direct connect to horizon box.....I haven't tried a new network cable but the cable etc all worked with old box. I did swap ports on the Horizon.......

You may need to disable Wifi, perhaps the wired and wireless cannot coexist

or if this does not work, assign an ip, ie no dhcp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement