Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Funny enough, there's a vacancy just popped up in TNA as well. Mind, I'd take Father Paul Stone himself over listening to Tazz.

I was going to say I'd take Lawler over Taz but stopped myself. As bad as Taz is, he is still better than Lawler. But pretty much anyone else will do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He's infinitely better than he was a year or two ago. Still not great, though.

He's much better than he was as a heel. He's just completely unlikeable as a person and makes it much harder to enjoy his commentary.

Not an easy job to follow in Jim Ross's footsteps, but surely there's someone better than Michael Cole/Josh Mathews out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/78676/tna-releases-ongoing.html?p=1
    Apparently a few Tna releases are incoming. I hope its Knux, Anderson and a few losers they hired in GutCheck.
    Knowing Tna they will gut the X-division further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article/78676/tna-releases-ongoing.html?p=1
    Apparently a few Tna releases are incoming. I hope its Knux, Anderson and a few losers they hired in GutCheck.
    Knowing Tna they will gut the X-division further.

Please be Brooke and Hulk Hogan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Amusingly hardcore TNA fans denied the feck out of Meltzer's report last week of incoming budget cuts due to the low attendances their TV tapings are getting.

Don't be shocked if Matt Morgan is on the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

rovert wrote: »
    Amusingly hardcore TNA fans denied the feck out of Meltzer's report last week of incoming budget cuts due to the low attendances their TV tapings are getting.

Why do you say that?

It was obvious to be coming sooner than later with them going on the road fulltime.
    Wouldn't kill me if Morgan he just offers nothing for me.

EdK wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

What Meltzer wrote last week:
    The cost of taping on the road with a lack of revenue stream is said to be a cause for concern. At this time, TNA is mostly flying in the Bound For Glory Series competitors, the Aces & Eights, some Knockouts, three X Division wrestlers and a few others.

and how expendable Morgan was made look the last time he was on TV.

Crimson, Christian York, Joey Ryan and Taeler Hendrix have been deleted from TNA's roster page as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

Taylor Hendricks and Sam shaw realesed

• Advertisement

If Morgan does leave TNA I'd say he'd be able to get a job in WWE

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: Pwinsider
    As noted earlier here on the website, TNA releases are ongoing right now. We can confirm that Taylor Hendrix has been released from the company. She joins Sam Shaw and Madison Rayne as those who have been released thus far.

Hendrix was signed after she competed in the Gutcheck segment. She also challanged Mickie James on iMPACT! several weeks ago.
    More releases are coming so stay tuned.
    As noted earlier here on the website, TNA releases are ongoing right now. We can confirm that former ECW star Christian York has been released from the company. He joins Taylor Hemdrix, Sam Shaw and Madison Rayne as those who have been released so far.

More releases are coming so stay tuned.
    As noted earlier here on the website, TNA releases are ongoing right now. We can confirm that Joey Ryan has been released from the company

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Only loss there is Crimson. None of the others should've gotten contracts in the first place.

Only loss there is Crimson. None of the others should've gotten contracts in the first place.

Crimson should of been kept, thought he looked better on impact two weeks ago. The others seem to suggest GutCheck was a waste and they are cutting back at OVW. I will miss Joey Ryan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're keeping the guy from gutcheck they never wanted?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They're keeping the guy from gutcheck they never wanted?

Alex Silva?
    He got sacked a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Madison rayne?i thought she was a top diva in tna?

MrMac84 wrote: »

She is pregnant and her contract ran down.

MrMac84 wrote: »

She's currently at home heavily pregnant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Alex Silva?
    He got sacked a few weeks ago.

Ah okay. I think I might've actually commented on that at the time. :)

PWInsider:
    The ongoing TNA releases are due to budget cuts within the company, something that has been ongoing.
    The talents released were being paid a monthly guarantee with an additional fee when they were booked for TNA events. The feeling was that with the talents not being used regularly by the promotion, there was no need to keep them held under contract.

There's been a lot of talk of cost-cutting of late in the company with the added expenses of producing Impact on the road, including the departures of different executives, including execs in the marketing and public relations end of the company.

There has also been increased grumbling among some wrestlers about pay coming late, with one talent claiming he has heard stories of talents being two months behind and others confirming they are behind but not wanting to confirm how far behind they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if pay is an issue, just get rid of Hogan & Sting, and that's probably the payroll cut in half.

if pay is an issue, just get rid of Hogan & Sting, and that's probably the payroll cut in half.

Sting is their storyline Hornswoggle in the sense. They always have him starting things like groups, getting beat up, going home for 3 weeks and getting constant title shots.

Sam Shaw has not been released apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

sting will be in WWE before the year is out or very shortly after it to set up a wrestlemania match

not against the taker this year but probably next

EdK wrote: »
    She's currently at home heavily pregnant

Lucky so & so whoever done that too her

Sam Shaw isnt gone but the rest are. Madison's contract expired. I didnt expect her back anyway.

As for the attendences, they apparently make $20 a head now. Getting rid of Hogan alone would likely mean they are making money.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Getting rid of Hogan alone would likely mean they are making money.

Think of what you would save on getting rid of the Hogan Ramp & his pyro alone.

dont forget once hulk goes you can get rid of that god forsaken daughter of his too

I think Brooke will be gone before Hulk. She's just there to try and get noticed since the reality TV thing didnt do much for her.

Wouldn't be so sure for whatever reason Dixie fawns over Brooke like she's her daughter or something,Great job girl and all this nonsense

• Advertisement

The boy is good:
    Matt Morgan is telling colleagues that TNA released him from his contract on Tuesday. It was well known within the TNA locker room that Morgan asked company officials for his release a month ago.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10032275.shtml

Wasn't it only a few months back he was saying things on twitter like "wgere will I end " and stuff suggesting he was going back too wwe then too stay in tna?

There's a difference between being released and asking to be released

Glad they let him go after saying no the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

He's popular enough in Mexico,hopefully he heads down there FT instead of turning up in WWE.

It's been bizarre booking of Morgan. His previous two appearances:

Dominating a four way BFGS qualifier before being dumped out of the ring for Magnus to sneak in and take the spot.

Passing out in the Scorpion from Sting. Specifially not tapping out or getting pinned.

He disappeared after each without another word.

Wouldn't kill me if Morgan he just offers nothing for me.

With him and Robinho leaving I feel like a genie is granting my wishes.

isn't Matt Morgan a Paul Heyman guy? ;)

his wife is currently pregnant so may be out for a while depending on the family circumstances etc

just enjoying himself for a while with his free time

TNA "released" Tara

The pricks

• Advertisement

TNA "released" Tara

The pricks

The cuts continue, you'd think all the gutcheck guys, Morgan and not rehiring Blob Van Dam would of saved a few quid.
    I'd of cut Jessie before her thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

A real shame. I remember watching her feud with Trish when I was growing up. She's one of the best model-turned-wrestlers in today's business. Unlike Taeler Hendrix, I doubt she left of her own accord. It's sad that she had five reigns with the belt and only the most recent one was in any way meaningful. Imagine if she popped up in WWE again - not likely but perhaps she could be hired as a trainer?

A real shame. I remember watching her feud with Trish when I was growing up. She's one of the best model-turned-wrestlers in today's business. Unlike Taeler Hendrix, I doubt she left of her own accord. It's sad that she had five reigns with the belt and only the most recent one was in any way meaningful. Imagine if she popped up in WWE again - not likely but perhaps she could be hired as a trainer?

She has a Wrestling Themed restaurant in Chicago she just opened: https://twitter.com/theSQDcircle

TNA "released" Tara

would love to see a feud with AJ over use of the Black Widow name.

So that leaves the Knockouts division as Mickie James, Gail Kim, Taryn Terrell, the MIA Velvet Sky and the MIA Brooke Tessmacher. Only other one is ODB who hardly wrestles these days.

Odd that they had Tara get injured, come back for a couple of manager appearances and then release her. Surely it'd have made more sense to skip the manager part and let Gail claim to have ended her career?

• Advertisement

Just seen that myself. Was going to say I hope they recorded something to explain it, but I dont think they have any more shows recorded. Next taping I think is this Thursday. I'm guessing they'll say he walked away after losing the election thing last week.

Easily the biggest one yet but if it's to save money, they are cutting the wrong people. Hogan's wage for a year would likely have covered all the released guys/girls for easily a year, probably more. Roster is starting to get small.

According to Pro Wrestling Dot Net is that D'Lo Brown was recently fired after agreeing to re-structure his deal into a per night agreement. D'Lo could not be reached for comment
    Pro Wrestling Dot Net is reporting that Bruce Prichard was asked to restructure his deal (much like the many other TNA personnel) but he rejected the deal. It is believed that his days in TNA are numbered barring an unexpected twist.

All getting very Game of Thrones here.

So they sacked D'lo for agreeing to it, but kept Prichard for not agreeing to it?

Prichard should have been the first out the door with his ever growing list of screw ups and close calls. Roode, Velvet, Devon, Bully, Taz, RVD and now DOC in the recent past.

That was kinda poorly word wasn't it?
    MORE ON TODAY'S TNA DEPARTURES
    by Mike Johnson @ 10:53 PM on 7/16/2013

The situations surrounding the departures of Tara and Doc were each a completely different series of circumstances, according to TNA sources.

While Tara was a release planned by TNA as a cost-cutting move, sources indicate that the company lost Doc because his contract negotiations went on too long and finally his deal expired. He had been figured into creative plans going forward with an eventual babyface turn, something that had been teased.

The blame on Doc's exit was placed on Bruce Prichard, head of Creative and Talent Relations by some. There were several different sources this evening that contacted PWInsider, claiming that this was just the latest example of contract negotiations going down to the wire or resulting in talents exiting this year under Prichard's watch.

The most noteworthy of those exits were Rob Van Dam. On his Twitter, Van Dam explained his departure from TNA as, " Contract expired. So did professionalism, courtesy and respect." One source claimed that Van Dam stopped getting his calls returned by the company.

It should be noted that is in the case of Doc, it is entirely possible the two sides could still come to terms of a new deal (as happened with Devon in the past), but as of now, he is gone and free to go anywhere he pleases.

In the case of Tara, sources claim she was far and away the highest paid female wrestler on the roster and the decision was made to shift that money elsewhere. The belief is that there could be more releases to come as well down the line.

Other recent TNA departures have been Matt Morgan (release request granted), Madison Rayne (contract expired), Doug Williams (released), Taeler Hendrix (released), Christian York (released), Crimson (released), and Joey Ryan (released).

And yet Garet Bischoff and Briscoe is still employed:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement