Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really, reeeeeally hope that the argument with Trips doesn't wind up harming Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Angron wrote: »
    I really, reeeeeally hope that the argument with Trips doesn't wind up harming Bryan.

I don't think it will. An argument with Vince, maybe. Someone like Triple H if anything would respect Bryan for trying and wanting to carry on. He's done the same thing himself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, good point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Angron wrote: »

It won't going by subsequent reports. Hunter likes and respects Bryan to the nth degree and has major plans to push him.

I kind of held off posting about it as I know what exactly I make of it but with all the on screen injury talk and discussion it seems like WWE is creating a new kayfabe of sorts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Thats the first time ive heard anyone mention guerilla in kayfabe in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Wonder is this somehow tying into they concussion angle Hunter had a few weeks ago.

WWE have us guessing again at least. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Can just use it in the storyline of Bryan thinking everyone see's him as a weak link,now even WWE management!

Tinie wrote: »
    Thats the first time ive heard anyone mention guerilla in kayfabe in WWE.

Michael Hayes usually isn't shown in the role of backstage dude. Usually it is a referee or Teddy Long. Also RAW had Hunter making digs at Creative via Maddox and Vickie mentioning Christian had been cleared to Wrestle for six weeks.

In other words Russo is back. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Can just use it in the storyline of Bryan thinking everyone see's him as a weak link,now even WWE management!

Ooooh that's good!
    I really hope that Trip doesn't hold it against him. He's a fantastic talent and it would be horrible to see him be thrown to the side because of a small argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

An argument like that could really help Danielson, imo, they like guys who stick up for themselves in that kind of way, confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

This is all one big work to make it look like WWE give a crap about the welfare of their Superstars.

Theres a push going on at board level to improve their image in terms of Wrestler welfare, and they will highlight the crap out of any instance where they "protected" one of their guys from injury.

Ziggler, HHH and now Bryan have all been sat out, in their own best interests.

WWE are probably aware of the sh*t storm they will face once the results of this research being carried out is released, regarding concussions. They are being proactive before the event, even funding the research.

Anything you see now is damage limitation to a certain extent, trying to paint the company in the best possible light.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This is all one big work to make it look like WWE give a crap about the welfare of their Superstars.

Theres a push going on at board level to improve their image in terms of Wrestler welfare, and they will highlight the crap out of any instance where they "protected" one of their guys from injury.

Ziggler, HHH and now Bryan have all been sat out, in their own best interests.

WWE are probably aware of the sh*t storm they will face once the results of this research being carried out is released, regarding concussions. They are being proactive before the event, even funding the research.

Anything you see now is damage limitation to a certain extent, trying to paint the company in the best possible light.

So do you think they faked all those concussions or something?

Riddle101 wrote: »
    So do you think they faked all those concussions or something?

no not at all. Dolph seemingly had a legitmate injury.

HHH's "concussion" will more than likely be a work though in order to show how serious they take it now.

Amazing how they care more about welfare when the reputation of the company will come under the spotlight from the mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

At the end of the day they are looking out for their talents welfare now,which can only be a good thing no matter what the reason is for them doing so.

RVD broke his silence on his RVD Live Podcast concerning his return to the WWE on July's, Money In The Bank pay per view. During his podcast he took one last parting shot at TNA for allegedly not promoting him properly. He said:

"I read this yesterday on some story. It said, 'With one 48-second video, WWE can make RVD mean more than he's meant in the last several years.' I think it's true,"

"The reason I think that's true is because like over the last several years I've had so many people say, 'RVD, you got to get back in the ring. What did you do, retire?'"

"You know, and I'm always promoting, 'No, no, Thursday nights on Spike every week.' And I've done that for three years. I don't know about you, but I get that all the time. All the time. And that's the difference between this and this,"

RVD motioned with his hands that the WWE was at a higher level than TNA.

I've decided to like RVD again. :P

RVD in previous interviews post TNA said they treated him first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

From MCD facebook
    tune into The Last Word with Anton Savage Today fm tonight round 6.30pm. Anton will be chatting to TNA president DIXIE CARTER about TNA Wrestling's triumphant return to The national stadium on the 29th of January!

Tickets from €34 go on sale Tomorrow morning at 9am from ticketmaster- TNA have such an impressive roster with Wrestling greats like Bobby Roode, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle plus many more!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    According to sources, WWE officials are very concerned with Fandango’s recent concussion. He suffered the injury at a SmackDown television taping two weeks ago. Although he initially passed his imPACT test at RAW last week, he is still undergoing WWE’s secondary testing and has not been cleared to return as of this writing.

For those unaware, Fandango has suffered several previous concussions in WWE prior to debuting on the main roster. This was when he was working in NXT/developmental as Johnny Curtis.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not glad he is hurt but i'm happy enough he is off tv. I find the Gimmick painful at this stage. Hate saying it, I always liked Curtis on NXT.

Expect a lot of staff changes as NXT moves from Florida to Orlando.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Expect a lot of staff changes as NXT moves from Florida to Orlando.

Orlando is in Florida :confused:

Orlando is in Florida :confused:

I am used to saying Florida sorry. The current NXT school is in Tampa and the new Performance Centre is in Orlando.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Do they still have billy gunn working there?

Haven't heard anything to indicate otherwise. The Outlaws wrestled on the house shows the past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I was going to say I'd take Lawler over Taz but stopped myself. As bad as Taz is, he is still better than Lawler. But pretty much anyone else will do :pac:

Would you prefer pigeons or puppies?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Would you prefer pigeons or puppies?

In regards the commentators, neither. It has no place on TV as it makes the girls out to be little more than eye candy. We all know they are hot, we dont need the commentators to be verbally **** over them every week but Taz has improved in that regard since he turned heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I don't mind Lawler.. Still hate Michael Cole.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Still hate Michael Cole.

He's infinitely better than he was a year or two ago. Still not great, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/the-rock-and-arnie-team-up-for-terminator-5-598154.html

Don't know if it has been covered. Hopefully not going to be pure fruity pebbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

I would like to remind everyone that i predicted the Zigler face turn, now watch how god it will be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement