Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He was probably whacked off his gourd on Colombian marching powder at the time, to be fair.

I think Shay Byrne was definitely taking something anyway... they should give him the show... He's a bit of craic..

Every Little Thing She Does IS Magic ffs.. are these people retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Tubs and Emma - the banter is back - from yesterday. Slowed down so they both sound like Alan!

partridge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

This is from the BAI
    Moratorium
    Radio and television broadcasters shall observe a moratorium on coverage of an election. The moratorium will operate from 2pm on the day before the poll takes place and throughout the day of the poll itself until polling stations close.

Electioneering and/or references to election issues and/or references by any on-air personnel, (including guests) to the merits or otherwise of the election candidate(s) and their policies shall not be broadcast while the moratorium is in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

SkidMark wrote: »
    I thought so too, it seemed very odd.

He also casually mentioned bumping into Eamon Gilmore and Ivana Bacik in Dun Laoghaire yesterday.

Tubridy seems to be ignoring the moratorium.

Self proclaimed politics junkie doesnt have a clue

He was thinking out loud there yesterday and had to ask the backroom team whether the moritorium covered TV3 and Newstalk ".............or is it just "us"?"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lempsipmax wrote: »
    Tubs and Emma - the banter is back - from yesterday. Slowed down so they both sound like Alan!

partridge.jpg

unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

lempsipmax wrote: »

partridge.jpg

Dear God...thats not banter. Thats just a load of verbal diarrhoea. :eek:

The man can't interact with anyone in a normal fashion. Its like he gets nervous or something and spews forth a load of rubbish that doesn't even make sense half the time.

Is he on the drugs himself I wonder?? (obviously not the Class A kind, thats not our Ryan. More like the jellybabies kind. The sugar is obviously rotting his brain...)

Apparently Tubridy has turned off the TV and radio, and taken down The West Wing boxset to see him through the rest of the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Anyone see today's article by Daragh McManus comparing and contrasting Ryan and ray darcy under a number of headings. Sorry to report that rd beat Ryan by a single point by scoring 72 points. I'll just put in some points about Ryan, none concern darcy

Broadness of appeal:has forged old fogey image. Adept at talking to people of all backgrounds. People dislike him because of his background 7/10

Intelligence of Subject Matter: mixes light and heavy. More of a focus on politics,history and books. Doesn't play dumb, expects listener to come around to his way, which is meant as a compliment 8/10

Best Slot: Nob Nation. offers a break from serious subject matters 8/10

Speaking Voice:Either love it or hate it. For some is deep, rich and commanding for others is harsh. Overall accent is inoffensive. 7/10

Campaigning Work:Promoted reading through gruelling works in book club such as brideshead revisted,white tiger, the road etc.Very subversive choices 9/10

Avoiding Controversy:Biggest controversy came in 2009 when he couldn't take pay cut due to legal reasons 6/10

Biggest Broadcasting Achievement: LLS part of Irish cultural history 10/10

Awards:Won best irish dj at 2004 Meteor awards. Won best male Tv presenter in 2009 + Dubliner of year 2010. 8/10

The Election:Self-confessed political anorak has had plenty on election, mostly from alternative angle. Particularly good piece on foreigners not being allowed to vote, + excellent interview with Sean O'Rourke on voting process 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

he has been on twitter i just follow him for this thread to red what crap he comes up with like the other day he was on the train and had a crossword to do and No pen and decides to tweet who will i ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ghiertal wrote: »
    Anyone see today's article by Daragh McManus comparing and contrasting Ryan and ray darcy under a number of headings. Sorry to report that rd beat Ryan by a single point by scoring 72 points. I'll just put in some points about Ryan, none concern darcy

Broadness of appeal:has forged old fogey image. Adept at talking to people of all backgrounds. People dislike him because of his background 7/10

Intelligence of Subject Matter: mixes light and heavy. More of a focus on politics,history and books. Doesn't play dumb, expects listener to come around to his way, which is meant as a compliment 8/10

Speaking Voice:Either love it or hate it. For some is deep, rich and commanding for others is harsh. Overall accent is inoffensive. 7/10

Campaigning Work:Promoted reading through gruelling works in book club such as brideshead revisted,white tiger, the road etc.Very subversive choices 9/10

Avoiding Controversy:Biggest controversy came in 2009 when he couldn't take pay cut due to legal reasons 6/10

Awards:Won best irish dj at 2004 Meteor awards. Won best male Tv presenter in 2009 + Dubliner of year 2010. 8/10

The Election:Self-confessed political anorak has had plenty on election, mostly from alternative angle. Particularly good piece on foreigners not being allowed to vote, + excellent interview with Sean O'Rourke on voting process 8/10

stoned_again.gif

• Advertisement

Anyone see today's article by Daragh McManus comparing and contrasting Ryan and ray darcy under a number of headings. Sorry to report that rd beat Ryan by a single point by scoring 72 points.

I think that is the most important line in your post and obviously indicates a very soft marking system akin to The All Ireland Talent Show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

Apparently Tubridy has turned off the TV and radio, and taken down The West Wing boxset to see him through the rest of the day..

He wishes for the rest of his pathetic life.

How this man has the neck to show up on tv and radio is actually beyond me.

I cannot listen,watch,or put up with him anylonger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

mikom wrote: »
    stoned_again.gif

Will i laugh,will i cry???
    Neither ,i will simply think the person is being paid to write such utter garbage.
    Although correct on nob nation,that is the only reason to listen to turbidy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Very poor article.

For starters, Who gives a flying fig about 'campaigning work' 'avoiding controversy' or 'awards'

And the Late Late Show being a part of Irish cultural history was achieved by Gay Byrne, not Tubridy.

Also "best male TV Presenter 2009"....

How many male presenters are there on TV, presenting a show on the scale of The Late Late Show? Should there really be an award for this?

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

macroboy wrote: »
    Will i laugh,will i cry???
    Neither ,i will simply think the person is being paid to write such utter garbage.
    Although correct on nob nation,that is the only reason to listen to turbidy at all.

Macroboy, all of that was transcribed from a piece by Daragh McManus(radio reviewer) in Saturday's Indo, so how is it "utter garbage". He spends most of his week listening to Ryan and better placed than anyone to give a fair judgement on the man.

Macroboy, all of that was transcribed from a piece by Daragh McManus(radio reviewer) in Saturday's Indo, so how is it "utter garbage". He spends most of his week listening to Ryan and better placed than anyone to give a fair judgement on the man.

its just garbage thats how:)

anybody hear the announcement this morning about tubridy

jimmynokia wrote: »

Caught the second half of it only. It related to 2 comments he made at the end of the paper review. They crossed the line between opinion and fact and were deemed literal statements. Don't know what they were in relation to for sure but from the but I heard I suspect it relates to something political. Doubt it will be available to listen back as it was at the end of the Hector programme and will probably be cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Nope. Is he gone?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what's happening?

has it anything to do with failure?

what's happening?

Gay Byrne is on. Not yet apparent why. Sounds like its to promote his Lyric FM programme or his TV Programme the Meaning of Life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

So what was the announcement about?

DarkJager wrote: »
    So what was the announcement about?

What I said earlier:
    Caught the second half of it only. It related to 2 comments he made at the end of the paper review. They crossed the line between opinion and fact and were deemed literal statements. Don't know what they were in relation to for sure but from the but I heard I suspect it relates to something political. Doubt it will be available to listen back as it was at the end of the Hector programme and will probably be cut.

To add to what I said earlier:
    It was a ruling from the Broadcasting Complaints Commission, stating that a complaint had been made against something Tubs said while reviewing the papers one morning and that the complain had been upheld. As I said earlier it was about 2 comments/sentences at the end of the paper review. They crossed the line between opinion and fact. They were referred to as 'Literal statements' and they broke the broadcasting guidelines. I have searched the BCC website but it is not published there yet - might have to wait for annual report.

Anyway I had just tuned in to see if there was banter with the news girl this morning and there was, and it was shiiiiiiiiiitte and it satisfied. Whoever she is she is deffo looking to make the lead from newscaster to broadcaster - mad for chat she was. Insisting repeatedly that Tubs introduce her next bulletin in elvish.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

All because her name is Arwen!

w
    That's actually a different complaint that was not upheld. The complaint this morning related to a child sex abuse case which Ryan Tubridy made reference to during the newspaper review which was upheld.

will remove it so:)

here is the BAI site

http://www.bai.ie/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dynamoshels

w

will remove it so:)

here is the BAI site

http://www.bai.ie/index.html

As far as I know the text of this morning's complaint should be online in a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I tuned in this morning for a bit of Partridge, sure enough he didn’t fail to deliver, he’s back trying to engage an obviously disinterested Emma.

Then a selective review of the papers avoiding the tabloid featuring himself.

I tuned out just after someone requested a song by “Keane”, Tubs refused to play it because he doesn’t like Keane.
    Really dreadful, self indulgent, directionless, poorly researched crap. I reckon they’ll drop him during the summer break

• Advertisement

Poly wrote: »
    I tuned in this morning for a bit of Partridge, sure enough he didn’t fail to deliver, he’s back trying to engage an obviously disinterested Emma.

Then a selective review of the papers avoiding the tabloid featuring himself.

I tuned out just after someone requested a song by “Keane”, Tubs refused to play it because he doesn’t like Keane.
    Really dreadful, self indulgent, directionless, poorly researched crap. I reckon they’ll drop him during the summer break

You don't really believe that Poly, do you??:eek:

The host of the Late Late remains RTE's golden child... and as long as this massive, loss-making enterprise is propped up by the taxpayer, thus leaving RTE accountable to NOONE, Tubridy will continue to spew forth his particular brand of verbal diarrhea to his hearts content.

Wishful thinking and I pray you are right...however the massive ratings of the LLS are the be-all and end-all in this matter. (Although I have stopped watching it because its plain awful, maybe others will start doing the same leaving his position untenable...)

Advertisement