Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I didn't use a photo for our thank you card but I did include one with each card.
    Our photographer hadn't given us the full set of photos yet, but he had given us a sneak peek so I asked him for a high quality version of one of the images and used that.

Even if you haven't gotten your official set of photos yet, ask your photographer for two or three of the best and just use one of those for the cards if you want to get going on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Faith wrote: »
    For thank you cards, did you wait to get the professional pictures and send them then, or just send ones without a picture? Our pictures won't be available for another month or so, and I'm afraid I'll totally lose motivation to do thoughtful, individualised cards by then.

Definitely wait for a professional photo. You spend so much on the photographer and get so little use out of the end result....... getting photos for the thank you cards is one of the benefits of paying for a photographer in the first place.
    so IMO it would be a total waste to not use some of the professional photos for the thank you cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CorkClaire82

We're using one of the professional photos as well, which we got about 2 weeks after our wedding in April and we STILL haven't picked one :S I've been assured that this will happen "after festival season", which is after the picnic. I feel bad though 'cause I don't think I'll remember all the things people got up to at the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

We are married!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    We are married!

Congrats!! Hope you had a fab day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Robyn_14 wrote:
    We are married!

Congrats. Love the pic. Can't wait to hear all about the day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Congrats Robyn!! Looking radiant...

Well ladies I'm back... Just about feeling normal now... I was so worried everyone didn't have a good time but I was dying of a cold for the most part of it which really put a downer on it for me..

Ok so from start to finish... I would say any lady out there who does not like the attention don't go there.. We had a wonderfilled day but I was just to like OMG everyone is looking at me...

The photos went great (no professional) we have loads of them whether I like it or not haha... We printed out little cards and left them scattered around the place so people knew what to do...

One thing I will say too if going for wedding like our own which was mostly diy, having a wedding planner or someone outside of the family who you trust is such a good idea (even it is just for the day itself).. I cant thank my family enough for what they done for us on the day and the day beforehand, we, I mostly was very let down by someone we got to do the chair covers and to set the tables up.. I mean she ruined it for me really, I wish I had not let her do this to me but she did... we had a few gut instincts with her from the get go and I wish we had gone with them... She was crap really anyone who takes two days to put chair covers one and to set 15 tables to me, is just baffling.

But other than that we had a fab time, things ran a little later than normal, and I was all stuffed up for the day and the buggered the day after but everyone was saying what fun they had and they loved the relaxed feeling about it.... If anyone wants any tips etc on Blackwater feel free to pm me...

I think there will be something for all of us that we will feel ruined the day if we dwell on it too much. But sounds like your guests had a great day.

How did your dress turn out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Congrats Milly.

Sounds like it was a great day. I think it's human nature to dwell a bit on something that annoys us, but it sounds like everyone had a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Congrats Robyn, lovely photo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Congrats Robyn love the photo.

Milly it's a pity you weren't in the best of health. It sounds like everyone had a lovely day and I would focus on that.

I agree with you that for a wedding like yours where there is a lot of diy involved a day of co-ordinator is a great investment. We did loads of diy and luckily we were able to leave it to the hotel to arrange on the day. If they hadn't been so accommodating I would have been stressed to my eyeballs.

I hope you got lots of nice pictures and will share one or 2 with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yeah its easy to dwell on things that didnt go perfectly but i think with time it will gade and you will be left with the good memories. Well done! Sounds like it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

I have never been through such a paradox of emotions if that makes sense-from stress to pure happiness and everything in between! We had a destination wedding which meant what I'm sure is a lot more emotional upheaval the perhaps at home, with families and friends and all the drinking in between. I have never felt that I could not eat-that is the last thing that affects me ! However I barely ate at all the three days running up and two days after.
    That said I am making up now!
    It all went perfectly, despite many things looking like they might go wrong, and it was so touching for everyone to make such an amazing effort for us.
    My one regret is not getting a videographer, as the day went by in such a blur, but the memories are fantastic and I have no doubt the photographer got thousands of photos-she stayed long into the night.
    Milly, you need some relaxation time to process everything, it sounds like no doubt everyone enjoyed it so rest assured!
    I'll post some more photos up for a bit if anyone wants to see.

Thanks all x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Congrats Milly and Robyn. I'm sure there's a rollercoaster of emotions afterwards too which you process everything. Thanks for the feedback as each report I read makes me think of little things for ours.

• Advertisement

I was the same robyn with the emotions.. I went for wow we can do this and it will be perfect. To oh no here comes the sicknss and everyone is going to staring at me.. Then pure joy to downer time.. even himself was looking at me going what is wrong..normally I would be very positive and fun but sure it sounds like it goes with weddings

Im totally on a downer after ours. It was such a focus for us for so long and now we have to think about real life again and well, things arent perfect at all. Blech.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Stay positive ladies - I know it must be really awful (I am dreading January post wedding and 3 weeks in the sun) but as someone said to me on the honeymoon thread - we'll be married and not having to save all the time anymore!

I am trying to not get down in the dumps myself...I've hurt my back. I've been in bed for a week. Which means no exercise!! Disaster. I lost my appetite with the pain so eating was fine but now the pain is going, I'm struggling as I'm so bored!

On the upside, I have ticked off a good few more things off the wedding to-do list. Thank god for online shopping. Got my clutch, some signage, personalised thank you cards to give bridemaids, parents and parents-in-law on the day and a unity candle. If anyone is looking for nice, plain candles, the best I found were specialpressie.com - as we didnt want anything with a design.

Congrats Robyn, looking great in the photo. Milly congrats to you too and can't wait to see a photo of the big day.

Milly I also found being the centre of attention - namely walking down the aisle - unbelievably overwhelming. I was like a rabbit in the headlights and I'm never flashing a Phone in a bride's face again walking down the aisle as it's sooooo intimidating! I plastered on a smile but inside I was feeling terrified. So I know how you feel.

One thing I hate about the church wedding (and i know this didn't apply to you) is the fecking lighting of the candle, it comes SO soon after walking down the aisle so you're just getting your blood pressure back down after the walk down the aisle and next thing you have to walk up and around the altar, try not to crash into/walk ahead of your finace and you have to light a bloody candle !! You could do with at least a 10 min recovery from walking down the aisle before having to do that !!

SUCH a balls you got a cold for your wedding, how unlucky is that!! You can do all the planning in the world but there are some things you just can't prevent or plan for.

I would say that I had negative thoughts circling for probably a fortnight after the wedding but they have all receeded now. I only remember all the good parts now - well obviously I remember everything but I don't dwell on any of the negatives anymore.

None of my beeswax obviously but if you and Mr. Milly are planning a family I advise you to get obsessed with that ASAP........ it will take your mind off all wedding-related thoughts pretty fast !!! ;o)

None of my beeswax obviously but if you and Mr. Milly are planning a family I advise you to get obsessed with that ASAP........ it will take your mind off all wedding-related thoughts pretty fast !!! ;o)

Yeah I completely understand why people get to that straight away now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

You're all looking stunning in the new pics uploaded. So funny to see people's time being "up" in this thread as such. More nerve wracking when I used to think mine was not too long after yours milly.

I have a week and a half till mine now. And I just started making the table plan last night l. I never wanna see a paper guillotine, burlap and ribbon again. Hahaha
    I had my final fitting last week but had lost weight due to stress and running around. So I now have my final fitting 3 days before the wedding . :o
    Its down on the 14 day forecast to lash rain on my day too. Lol. I'm trying not to look into it.

Yeah I can totally understand why people go straight into planning a family or another big life event. It's gonna feel so weird not having anything to plan

Milly I also found being the centre of attention - namely walking down the aisle - unbelievably overwhelming. I was like a rabbit in the headlights and I'm never flashing a Phone in a bride's face again walking down the aisle as it's sooooo intimidating! I plastered on a smile but inside I was feeling terrified. So I know how you feel.

This bit I am hating the thought of. I only asked my brother to walk me down the aisle a couple of weeks ago, as I start crying everytime I even think about that part and not having my dad with me. Actually haven't had any happy occasion in that church in a while. And it's a really long aisle. Oh feck!

Anyway only 68 days to go!!!!!!

kildareash wrote: »
    This bit I am hating the thought of. I only asked my brother to walk me down the aisle a couple of weeks ago, as I start crying everytime I even think about that part and not having my dad with me. Actually haven't had any happy occasion in that church in a while. And it's a really long aisle. Oh feck!

One of the reasons we went away. My mum walked me in. I was just excited to see everyone and himself so I enjoyed it actually. Thought I would be crying mess but wasn't at all.

The only thing I'll say to make you feel better is I was far too scared to feel any other emotion :eek:
    My Dad has a terminal illness and having him there to walk me down the aisle was a huge deal but I didn't take in/appreciate the significance of it one bit (or him giving me away) I just kept thinking ''f*ck that flower girl/page boy/bridesmaid walk sooo didn't go how it was supposed to, ok don't trip, don't fall, 'don't [EMAIL="fu@ck"]fu@ck[/EMAIL] up, please people stop flashing cameras at me, is my lippy ok, is it going to get on grooms lips when I kiss him, oh no my popsock has fallen down, ooh nice pew ends, oh sugar there's no mass booklets there for the bride & groom...argh best man how could you have forgot!' etc etc
    haha

That will be loverly kildareash I am sure your brother will love walking you..

Believe me though you have no need to worry about this part. No matter how long or small the aisle is, in your head you see him and that's it and wow you there next to him.

This was the one bit of the day I had no problem with at all.. The thought of just feck it put the dress on, shoes done and lets see Bob! not a bother..

haha emzolita, the happiness of the table plan..Make sure to check them all 10 times. We had ours done perfect so we thought and nope sure we missed one name. Which was grand. But be sure and have someone there to check over the tables beforehand to make sure all is as it should be...

The daft lady we had there to do the tables couldn't even get this right from a print out I gave to her...

I am still really shocked about how I felt for the hole thing. Back to work today and everyone who went said they thought it was great but im just like yeah im sure it was.. Wish I could go back again and start it all over

while I have it in my head too ladies.. This malarkey about not wearing any spf products as it does something in pics.. Don't go for it.. I got under my eyes all burnt on the day and I wished I had worn the spf now. I put sun cream on my chest as such but left the face as I was advised not too and I so wish I had

Milly33 wrote: »
    while I have it in my head too ladies.. This malarkey about not wearing any spf products as it does something in pics.. Don't go for it.. I got under my eyes all burnt on the day and I wished I had worn the spf now. I put sun cream on my chest as such but left the face as I was advised not too and I so wish I had

Some SPF's can give that washed out look in pics, it would be a good idea to try it out and take a pic with the flash on to see how it reacts.

I really need to organise my hair trial...totally slacking on that. She only does wedding trials on Thursday and Friday evenings and I don't want to miss bootcamp to get my hair done! Might save it for my hen weekend, when I'll be missing training anyway.

Slightly freaking out now it's officially September...only two more full months to go.

Hope to have the invitations ready this week. Kinda getting pissed with my friend who's doing them...she's leaving us hanging a lot.
    The invites are going to need a little bit of assembly, nothing major but I can only work on them when the kids have gone to bed at night so it's going to take a few nights to do them. And I need to send them out in two or three weeks.

Hope to have the invitations ready this week. Kinda getting pissed with my friend who's doing them...she's leaving us hanging a lot.
    The invites are going to need a little bit of assembly, nothing major but I can only work on them when the kids have gone to bed at night so it's going to take a few nights to do them. And I need to send them out in two or three weeks.

Could you address and stamp the envelopes while you are waiting for your frined to finish the invites? That way when you have the invites you just need to assemble and pop into envelope.

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Could you address and stamp the envelopes while you are waiting for your frined to finish the invites? That way when you have the invites you just need to assemble and pop into envelope.

Never thought of that! I just gave her all the blank cards and envelopes! :rolleyes:

Never thought of that! I just gave her all the blank cards and envelopes! :rolleyes:

I printed my addresses onto labels. Luckily I sometimes have to make labels in work so I knew the templates and where to get the labels in the secretary's office ;) but it was sooo helpful. It was actually an idea I stole from a wedding invite I got a few months before my own.

It's so much easier to type the addresses out, print them off on sheets of labels and then go through them to make sure you have everyone, and all address details are correct, it also means you can give the job to someone else (my mother & sister sent out my invites for me) coz you just give them the labels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My sis got a girl from FB to write and address all the invites. They were fab - getting her to do mine too!

afaik the spf thing only applies if there is going to be a lot of flash photography in low light. Not that it mattered our day with the feckin rain :rolleyes:

Really pesky advice so it was. My cheeks were raw the next day.. the things I would do different haha..

I have a template if anyone wants for the labels or you can just download direct from the avery website too.. It is very handy to just peel and stick..

Youll get them out kildareash don't worry. Maybe give your friend a cut off date with 2 extra days added to it.. Thinking we had ours out nearly 4-3 months in advance just to get them out of the way with...

Feeling much better now after a loverly email from extraplus :) and after himself showing me videos last night..

On that note too if people cannot afford the video, we just had a few set up and got some lovely memoirs. A camera on tripod, a phone, lots and it was perfect...Also the photos we have piles of them

I have a template if anyone wants for the labels or you can just download direct from the avery website too.. It is very handy to just peel and stick..

Youll get them out kildareash don't worry. Maybe give your friend a cut off date with 2 extra days added to it.. Thinking we had ours out nearly 4-3 months in advance just to get them out of the way with...

I wouldn't mind the template if you don't mind Milly. At least I would feel like I'm doing something.

Her deadline has passed. We told her we wanted to send the international invites by the end of August! I've about 3 weeks (including this week) before I need to send them out, but we've our hen and stag in the middle of all that too. I think I'll give her a text this eve

I wouldn't mind the template if you don't mind Milly. At least I would feel like I'm doing something.

Her deadline has passed. We told her we wanted to send the international invites by the end of August! I've about 3 weeks (including this week) before I need to send them out, but we've our hen and stag in the middle of all that too. I think I'll give her a text this eve

really awkward when it's a friend, eek!

This is why I never get OH's Dad do any jobs in our house (he's a plumber)...

Sorry I should have said I can also send you my label templates and tell you which Avery label they are (you can buy the Avery labels or steal them from work)

I just pmd there about an email, I think you did give it to me already but the brian isn't working yet..
    If not if you go here http://www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/Templates-%26-Software/Templates/Blank-Templates/?No=20 and the typical one is the fourth one down..

If you problems let me know I can do you do you too and send them onto you...

Oh no shame now that she is so late with them. Does she have to do a lot to them or is it just print...

On that note too if people cannot afford the video, we just had a few set up and got some lovely memoirs. A camera on tripod, a phone, lots and it was perfect...Also the photos we have piles of them

That's great to hear. OH is planning on borrowing a camera from work and setting it up for the ceremony. Might give it to one of the nephews for the first dance too.
    Oh no shame now that she is so late with them. Does she have to do a lot to them or is it just print...
    Thanks Milly, just sent you my email.

She came up with the original design about six weeks ago. And we were absolutely delighted with it. I changed the wording on the invites, but that was the only change I made. She didn't want to even take the blanks last week, but I just gave them to her. She text me on Saturday for some details, that we had given to her the very first night she came over with the proof! I think I'll give her a text tonight on the pretence that I'm just confirming the number I need her to print or something.

Oh no she sounds like she is being a bit frustrating.. Well if she lets you down now or anything you should try Jim Morrish for printing he will have it done in a day once there is nothing complicated. I sent you on the template just there, anything I can do to help let me know.. Ive nought to do now but sell stuff since ours is all over haha...

The cameras really did work perfect I must saw they are great quality.. My new sis had hers on a tripod just behind the register so it got everything us walking up, signing the entire ceremony. And we have recordings done on mobiles for speeches and they are great I have to say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

hahaha was wondering why my photographer wanted to meet me a week AFTER my wedding to discuss details.... I have just realised I booked her in for October not Sept... my wedding is next week and shes goin on holidays that day. feckin hell. She's very nice though, said she'll stay as long as she can, hopefully till dinner, but not first dance.
    I cant believe i did that... I booked her a year and a half ago :p

• Advertisement

emzolita wrote: »
    hahaha was wondering why my photographer wanted to meet me a week AFTER my wedding to discuss details.... I have just realised I booked her in for October not Sept... my wedding is next week and shes goin on holidays that day. feckin hell. She's very nice though, said she'll stay as long as she can, hopefully till dinner, but not first dance.

Ah i can imaginet he chills you must have gotten when you realised that.

im so glad its worked out to some extent for you. maybe ask a few people with good cameras to take photos of the first dance.

emzolita wrote: »

:eek::eek:Oh no :eek::eek: You're lucky your photographer is understanding and accommodating.
    As Sticky said, make sure and ask some friends to get some first dance shots.

Phew lucky you caught that one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

We just got the proofs of our photos! All 1622 of them. Cannot wait till next week when we get the high res images.

Ohh how nice I hope ye got some loverly snaps... Was thinking we have loads of them now so we do, but was half thinking after getting over the doom and gloom aftermath that I might ask this photographer Berit Atlis how much she would charge to take some professional shots down by the geragh would love some just to have...

nosietoes wrote: »
    We just got the proofs of our photos! All 1622 of them. Cannot wait till next week when we get the high res images.

My crowd won't give me the high res ones til I get back to them with the 80 that I want in the album.
    Probably a good idea so there's a carrot to actually get back to them.

• Advertisement

Ohh how nice I hope ye got some loverly snaps... Was thinking we have loads of them now so we do, but was half thinking after getting over the doom and gloom aftermath that I might ask this photographer Berit Atlis how much she would charge to take some professional shots down by the geragh would love some just to have...

Where's geragh?

The Geragh is down just before you come into Macroom.. It used to be a village and the council flooded it years ago. Beautiful spot so it is. If you have kids of anything or like bugs and wildlife it is a gem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

My crowd won't give me the high res ones til I get back to them with the 80 that I want in the album.
    Probably a good idea so there's a carrot to actually get back to them.

We went with a high res only package so thankfully he doesn't have any excuse. I'm going to leave the album for a bit... plus we need to have an argument over whether to make a photobook online or just print photos and put them into albums... I'd probably do both if left up to me but I think husband would prefer the print and stick option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

nosietoes wrote: »
    We went with a high res only package so thankfully he doesn't have any excuse. I'm going to leave the album for a bit... plus we need to have an argument over whether to make a photobook online or just print photos and put them into albums... I'd probably do both if left up to me but I think husband would prefer the print and stick option.

We are doing that too. We'll decide what we want to do about an album later. I'm sure there are places that do albums for less than what we were being quoted!

Malari wrote:
    We are doing that too. We'll decide what we want to do about an album later. I'm sure there are places that do albums for less than what we were being quoted!

There are often deals on Groupon and livingsocial type websites for albums.

I think it's no harm to sit on the pics for a few months before deciding on what u want in an album

• Advertisement
Advertisement