Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah, think it's something like 48 hours limit. I'm pretty sure they brought that in around the time they limited thread sizes to <= 10000 to cut stress on the database.

Nope, it's been 48 hours for much longer than that. Probably since 2008, if my memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lawliet wrote: »
    Some of us have to sacrifice loads of free texts for decent network coverage.

Mhmm I hear ya. Tis the one downside of 3 no network coverage . Like now :( . But that's why I text cause I can't make calls without them dropping but texts can slip through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Some of us have to sacrifice loads of free texts for decent network coverage.
    Hahaha, this. I used to have to run around my house to get a signal with 3. :|

Meteor. <3

So i finally got to prove what i always wanted to prove it only takes 11minutes from my home to Shannon. Im going to do it in 5 minutes like i said in German. They laughed i may die but its for a good cause :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I have Vodafone and the coverage isn't great here. I'm kinda glad about this though - I hate talking over the phone so whenever someone rings me and wants to engage in a conversation that exceeds the thirty second mark I just head to the left side of my room where I know the coverage is so crap that eventually neither of us will be able to hear one another very well causing a flurry of "hello? can you hear me?"-type remarks until the other person gets frustrated and hangs up. :cool: (Does that make me sound very anti-social?!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have meteor only because I thought it'd be cheaper and I think they're the only ones which had Blackberry's on PAYG at the time . I've been on meteor then o2 then 3 and back to meteor. I didn't like 3 it was too expensive for me and then o2 I had when I had a phone that I bought from o2 but then I lost the phone and since then it's been meteor. I'm thinking of switching back to o2. I only use my phone mainly for the internet I don't text people that often. I'm thinking of moving back to o2 .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I dunno 3 is unreal like..
    20 euro for free texts, free weekend calls, free internet for the month and then a tenner extra credit after like 2 weeks coz I signed up for something.
    I mean... Thats just beautiful, and theres decent coverage here too like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Meteor ftw lads <3
    Free meteor texts and internet for a fiver.

They understand student poverty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Meteor ftw lads <3

Not the biggest fan of meteor at the moment either, they switched my plan from 20 euro text and internet to 30 euro talk and internet without informing me. So I've been burning through my credit without realizing it, only figured it out when I went to their website. For feck sake meteor, you're a mobile network, send me a text if you're going to change things like that!

Meteor ftw lads <3

3 are now doing the same €5 and €10 deals there not letting meteor get away too easy. Tbh their like the Ryanair of mobiles lol... Or what ever u want to call them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

O2 4 lyf yo'.

O2 4 lyf yo'.

I miss O2, they were simply the best. And I would go back to them in a heartbeat if they only got their act together

Jhcx wrote: »
    I miss O2, they were simply the best. And I would go back to them in a heartbeat if they only got their act together

Been with them since I got my first phone, would never consider changing to another company unless O2 suddenly decided to start raising charges.

Oddly, this topic has reminded me that I need to register my new phone for some free credit. :)

I want to go back to o2 because you can do the presale get tickets earlier for concerts. I don't really text people that much so I wouldn't mind.

Jhcx wrote: »

Been with them since I got my first phone, would never consider changing to another company unless O2 suddenly decided to start raising charges.

Oddly, this topic has reminded me that I need to register my new phone for some free credit. :)

ya I was the only one in my family to be and stay with o2 only upto last year. Managed to move all my family to O2 . But for a smartphone their just not viable I would rather have internet anyday over texting and calling. And I'd never go to bill pay its for the snobs or so I always recall the big shots where bill pay the cool ppl where on speakeasy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Left o2 for 3 recently, 3 have better deals, that's really why I left. o2 were pissing me off a bit locking my account online after putting in my password wrong a few times too. Will miss o2s coverage, it's probably the best, 3s can be hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I got the death text off Meteor just there, I don't really think I'll bother topping up even though I have 20 euro credit lying around from last month that my dad got me...I never text people really. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I got the death text off Meteor just there, I don't really think I'll bother topping up even though I have 20 euro credit lying around from last month that my dad got me...I never text people really. :P

You mean like we shut off your service if you don't top up once every six months type of thing?

I got that once with my first phone but only because I got €180 free credit or something. I wouldn't use all of that in 6 months.
    €20 lasts me about 5 weeks.
    4 weeks free texts.
    Then another week to drain my credit:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Not the biggest fan of meteor at the moment either, they switched my plan from 20 euro text and internet to 30 euro talk and internet without informing me. So I've been burning through my credit without realizing it, only figured it out when I went to their website. For feck sake meteor, you're a mobile network, send me a text if you're going to change things like that!
    They sent out a text mentioning the offer, but not that they switched me :( At least all their top ups have internet packages available now, good stuff.

So are Meteor offering free internet with any top up amount now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

flyswatter wrote: »
    So are Meteor offering free internet with any top up amount now?

I'll give you anything you like free as long as you pay me for it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I like Meteor! :) Except all this free internet with every top up crap! I never got free internet D': </3

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I like Meteor! :) Except all this free internet with every top up crap! I never got free internet D': </3

Thats because you have to text meteor actually, check out their plans and services thing, no need for your mymeteor pin.

EDIT: attached a screeny, take a look to see what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Thinking of moving to 48 soon, anyone here ever been with them? I've heard a few bad things, but I think I'll switch for a few months anyway just 'cause it's only a tenner a month free calls and texts. Not being able to spend that tenner once the month is up will be annoying, but everything else should be grand as long as their coverage is okay.

Thats because you have to set it up at mymeteor.ie

Ah :/ That's a little awkward seeing I've been complaining about not getting my internet for the past three days :L

Togepi wrote: »
    Thinking of moving to 48 soon, anyone here ever been with them? I've heard a few bad things, but I think I'll switch for a few months anyway just 'cause it's only a tenner a month free calls and texts. Not being able to spend that tenner once the month is up will be annoying, but everything else should be grand as long as their coverage is okay.

I heard they're alright! My friends boyfriend has it, and he's non-stop calling her :L So I assume people enjoy the free calls :L Oh, do you not get to spend the tenner after? :confused: I didn't know that! That's kinda bad alright!

Wait just a cotton-pickin' second here!

48 is a phone network!?!? :eek:

I legitimately had no idea what those ads I kept seeing before H&A were for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

I know this is random but are the mod's still open to suggestions for the name of this thread?

Wait just a cotton-pickin' second here!

48 is a phone network!?!? :eek:

I legitimately had no idea what those ads I kept seeing before H&A were for!

I was the same :L I thought it was a new tv show :L Like wtf is that ad about :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I heard they're alright! My friends boyfriend has it, and he's non-stop calling her :L So I assume people enjoy the free calls :L Oh, do you not get to spend the tenner after? :confused: I didn't know that! That's kinda bad alright!

Ha yeah my friend kept calling me when she moved, 'twas great. :P No it's weird, you've basically got no credit at all, just free calls and texts for 30 days when you give them a tenner.

Oh nooo, I bet that means they don't do webtexts. :( I don't just love them for their freeness, I just far prefer to type rather than press buttons on a phone. :L

It says at the beginning to just pm them if you have a suggestion, so I assume so :L

Ah :/ That's a little awkward seeing I've been complaining about not getting my internet for the past three days :L

I was wrong! It was just a link from mymeteor all these years. go back and check my post again, I have a screencap of what you need attached.

Ha yeah my friend kept calling me when she moved, 'twas great. :P No it's weird, you've basically got no credit at all, just free calls and texts for 30 days when you give them a tenner.

Oh nooo, I bet that means they don't do webtexts. :( I don't just love them for their freeness, I just far prefer to type rather than press buttons on a phone. :L
    Yeah, it's kind of weird alright :L Like what's the story with mobile internet with them? And erm, does your phone have to be open? And do you need another number? :/

Haha yeah I suppose :L I love webtexts :P Get a blackberry maybe? :rolleyes: :P

I was wrong! It was just a link from mymeteor all these years. go back and check my post again, I have a screencap of what you need attached.
    Ah right :L Era, tbh anytime I use internet on my phone I'm usually near wi-fi so I'm not really chuffed tbh :P

Meteor is free 50mb for 5 euro, 100mb for 10 euro, 250mb for 20 euro top up it seems.

• Advertisement

Meteor is free 50mb for 5 euro, 100mb for 10 euro, 250mb for 20 euro top up it seems.

02, 700MB for 9.99.

02, 700MB for 9.99.

I feel cheated.

02, 700MB for 9.99.

I was always charged about a euro a day with them.

Me too. Then they rang me one day and said: "Yo' wnolan, you know the way we're currently ripping you off? Would you like us to stop?" and I said: "Hmmmm... I guess so bbz.", and the rest, as they say, is history.

So I top up by €20 a month, 9.99 goes to internet, free texts to every network and I make about 4-5 calls max a week.

Same, seemed to be the case with Meteor as-well.

• Advertisement

I can't get free internet on meteor I have to top up €10 a month for the BIS and that get's deducted then top up for more credit. I used to get any network text but I don't use my phone that much so the credit usually lasts. I'm thinking of getting a new blackberry the one I have annoys me and the battery drains fast even when I don't use it. I can't move to 48 I've heard it's good but only o2, meteor and vodafone support blackberry phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I was on 48 for a while, and by a while I mean two weeks. So after struggling with vodafone to unlock my phone I finally had my phone running, or so I thought. I couldn't receive calls or texts but could send them fine. Now seeing as 48 don't have a helpline you've got to email them and you never know when you'll get through. So my problem continued and then I changed back to vodafone. So yeah my 48 experience wasn't great but a lot of people I know with them are happy.

How do they prove that you're between 18-22 on 48? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

How do they prove that you're between 18-22 on 48? :confused:

It doesn't actually matter what age you are, that's just a marketing trick. But you can only stay with the network for 48 months. I think anyway!:P

_meehan_ wrote: »
    It doesn't actually matter what age you are, that's just a marketing trick. But you can only stay with the network for 48 months. I think anyway!:P
    Oh really! :O Maybe, I'll get it so, sure I'll be 18 when I'm done anyways :P :P

You know its actually nice to nearly get everyone's input in on their mobile company. The topic of texts,calls and internet gas been going for 4 pages . Just made me laugh a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I know this is random but are the mod's still open to suggestions for the name of this thread?

Always. We haven't changed it in a while actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I move for a return to the older and therefore more legitimate name of "The Davidius Appreciation Thread".

Davidius wrote: »
    I move for a return to the older and therefore more legitimate name of "The Davidius Appreciation Thread".

Second...

I'd a few ideas :p

"Meanwhile, In the Legion of Den"
    "Alriigghhty Den"
    "From Dusk till Den"
    "2 Den 2 Furious"
    "28 Dens Later"

• Advertisement
Advertisement