Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

dubstarr wrote: »
    Love Aaron and Paddy together.They really come across well.

Chrissie will have to get Robert to leave there is no way she can forgive that.And Megan sneaking around implicating Jai.Im surprised he doesnt notice but probably thinks nobody could be as low as him.

Love the Megan and Jai story.

Ross has revenge in mind as Lachlan meddles with Lawrence's madication

It's the day of Debbie & Pete Wedding meanwhile Cain is asked to sort Ross as Chrissie causes the biggest disaster in Emmerdale history

Chrissie blows up Robert's car with Adam asleep in another car at the scrapyard

Devastation hits the dales while the emergency services are called elsewhere Adam is alarmed when he wakes as some villagers have lost there life's

As the death toll rise more villagers are still in grave danger as fears spreads inside & outside

Devastation is apparent as sad news spreads as there is blood on people's hands

It's the morning after as the villagers are left struggling to cope & comprehend what has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Love the Megan and Jai story.

Me to, shame they didn't show Racehel in court last week, big disappointment

Pete’s suspicions are aroused when Ross offers to help with the wedding. At the stag do, Ross becomes even more bitter when James presents Pete with his grandfather’s watch.

Then everyone is stunned when Ross reveals that he is the father of Debbie’s baby, Moses. For her part, Debbie begs Cain to stop Ross from ruining her big day.

On the day of the wedding everything seems to proceed smoothly – until Sarah inadvertently places Debbie’s break-up letter to Pete among cards and telegrams of good wishes to the happy couple.

Rodney has organized a small fair to celebrate with helter-skelters and carousels, but disaster soon strikes.

Lawrence finds his pills but Chrissie is worried when he shows up unsteady on his feet and loses his balance while dancing with Bernice. Lachlan has been tampering with Lawrence’s medication, convinced that any blame will lead to Robert.

Diane tells Val that she has received a court summons and will have to testify against her.

Chrissie takes Lachlan’s confession calmly, not realizing that Robert has heard every word. Chrissie is not finished, however. She douses Robert’s car in petrol and sets it alight, not realizing how close it is to some gas canisters next to another car where Adam is asleep.

James and Emma sprint through the village to the site of the disaster and the emergency services are summoned. Most of the villagers gather round the injured at the hospital, but someone is putting a lifeless body into the boot of a car......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It'l be interesting to see how Val will fake her own death and convince the insurance company to pay out. I dont think an insurance company will pay out unless there's a body or have human remains that are identified as Val's, they wont pay out if someone's just missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fin12 wrote: »
    It'l be interesting to see how Val will fake her own death and convince the insurance company to pay out. I dont think an insurance company will pay out unless there's a body or have human remains that are identified as Val's, they wont pay out if someone's just missing.

That probably depends on how much carnage next week entails - maybe she'll be able to pass off one of the victims as herself or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why hasn't Chrissie told Lawrence yet that Robert also planned the break in at Home Farm with Ross and Aaron whom he recruited

That probably depends on how much carnage next week entails - maybe she'll be able to pass off one of the victims as herself or something...

I just dont think it can be done nowadays not with all the advancements in DNA.

Rumor
    Finn dies next week is one of the victims

• Advertisement

Rumor
    Finn dies next week is one of the victims

I hope this isn't true, he is one of the better Bartons

I know since twice I've posted spoilers and they are all similar but in each one there is some extra bits of gossip so I just thought I'd share x

First off Emmerdale disaster is not one event is its several & promise the episode form August 3rd to 7th will be Hollywood-esque
    Pete is suspicious when Ross offers to help with the wedding. At Debbie's hen party, she is secretly hoping that nothing will get in the way before her big day. Over at Pete's stag party, Finn and Cain are on edge when Ross arrives. James proudly gives Pete his grandfather's prized watch as a gift, which causes Ross's bitterness to increase further.

The two parties collide when the hens arrive at the pub. Ross is about to storm out when Pete stops him, and soon they are in a heated argument. Everyone is left stunned when Ross snaps and reveals himself as the father of Moses. Debbie fights her panic whilst trying to cover her emotions.

Later, an anxious Debbie panics to her father about Ross, admitting that they were having an affair. Terrified that Ross will ruin her big day, she begs Cain for his help. He agrees - wanting to do anything to protect his daughter.

Over at the church, Ross takes out a memory stick, which should have contained the ceremonial music. When he tests it, Debbie's voice echoes round the church, revealing her confession to Ross of how she was going to give up everything for him. He presses stop and smiles with bitter delight. The stage is now set for their affair to be exposed...

Meanwhile, Lawrence searches for his mislaid pills but is pleased to finally find them. Later, Chrissie is confused by his behaviour when he shows up at Debbie's hen party unsteady on his feet. Lawrence dances with Bernice but loses his balance and drops her. Chrissie is concerned and gets him home. Soon afterwards, an edgy Lachlan phones the police and reports that someone has tampered with Lawrence's medication, knowing the blame will be put on Robert. Will it work?

Elsewhere, Diane informs Val that she has a court summons and has to testify against her.

Also today, the locals are horrified by the sight of a convoy of fairground trucks rolling into the village.

t's the day of the wedding, but the threat of Ross looms large. Debbie is concerned when Cain privately tells her that he hasn't warned Ross off yet. At the same time, Finn is alarmed when Ross and Pete get in a heated argument over Debbie. Finn throws an empty hold-all at Ross and asks him to leave, but Ross refuses. Once alone, Finn is doing some final preparations in the church when he clicks play on the sound system and hears Ross's damning recording. He quickly stops it and wonders if he should leave it or not.

Soon everyone is at the church preparing for the ceremony to start when Debbie intercepts Cain, urgently warning him that she thinks Finn is going to do something. The music begins to play as Debbie and Cain walk down the aisle arm in arm. Debbie beams at Pete, relieved that she seems to have managed to avoid disaster.

Later, the congregation flood out into the village where Rodney has organised a small fair, complete with a helter-skelter and carousel. There are smiles all round, but unbeknownst to Cain, he accidentally knocks Debbie's break-up letter addressed to Pete out of his pocket onto the floor. Sarah helpfully picks it up and puts it on the pile of cards addressed to the happy couple.

In the village hall where the reception is being held, a happy Debbie and Pete open the cards together, but her heart stops when he opens up her letter.

This is a bad omen as soon disaster strikes at the heart of the wedding reception. A terrified Dan runs into the village hall shouting for everyone to get out, but is it too late?

Meanwhile, Chrissie is shocked when Lachlan confesses to meddling with her father's medication. Worryingly Robert has overheard the whole confession and knows he now holds all the cards. Chrissie privately does her best to stay calm, but later on learning more evidence regarding Robert, she sees red and douses his car in petrol as they argue at the scrapyard. She throws a lighter at it and suddenly it's engulfed in flames.

Robert desperately tackles the fire and once he thinks he has put it out, he carries on pleading with Chrissie. He does not realise the un-extinguished fire is creeping closer to some gas canisters that stand next to a car which Adam is asleep in...

Elsewhere, Ross rejects Cain's offer, but before he can finish speaking, Cain cracks him over the head hard and he falls to the floor unconscious. It's much later when Ross's eyes flicker open and he realises his hands and feet are bound together and he is trapped somewhere in the back of a van. Can Ross get himself out of this? At the same time, Cain dashes back to the start of the wedding.

It's eerily quiet as the dust settles on the wedding reception - and the village has changed forever.

James and Emma sprint through the village to the site of the disaster and it's chaos as the emergency services are contacted.

Meanwhile, at the scrap yard, Adam has woken to find the car he has been sleeping in is alight with a fire raging.

Emotions run high inside the hospital as visitors gather round one of the injured.

Unbeknownst to everybody, outside the hospital, another resident is bundling the body of a lifeless villager into the boot of a car...

Meanwhile, villagers are still in danger whilst others place themselves back in harm's way.

The devastation continues as the emergency services are now on the scene.

Sad news spreads, while one resident who has blood on their hands realises the impact of their actions.

It's the morning after Debbie and Pete's disastrous wedding day and the villagers are left reeling as they struggle to comprehend what has happened.

Looks like the disasters continues for 5 episode from Tuesday hour long episode, Wednesday episode & finally Thursday double episode. I just hope they can keep up momentum.

I cannot wait for next week :D Go Emmerdale best soap

Digital Spy users have said London Burning is the inspiration for the disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

^^ Wow! I'm looking forward to next week's episodes!

Pete and Debbie do get hitched but could be shortest wedding in Dales history or do Chas and Dan take that crown :p

Not gonna post them all over here individually, but there's a good few interviews now up over on Digital Spy Soaps News about next week to whet the appetite. No major spoilers, they're not giving much away, but interesting reads all the same. There's one with Exec Producer Kate Oates, one with Stunt Week Director Duncan Foster, one with Head of Design Gillian Slight, and one each with Louise Marwood (Chrissy), Charley Webb (Debbie) and Anthony Quinlan (Pete)...

I'm so excited for next week. It's like being a kid and waiting for Christmas... 6 More Sleeps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not gonna post them all over here individually, but there's a good few interviews now up over on Digital Spy Soaps News about next week to whet the appetite. No major spoilers, they're not giving much away, but interesting reads all the same. There's one with Exec Producer Kate Oates, one with Stunt Week Director Duncan Foster, one with Head of Design Gillian Slight, and one each with Louise Marwood (Chrissy), Charley Webb (Debbie) and Anthony Quinlan (Pete)...

I'm so excited for next week. It's like being a kid and waiting for Christmas... 6 More Sleeps!!!

Lol !! Was going to post the same comment re it being like Christmas without half the stress :D Am so looking forward to next week , see it all playing out . Always read the spoilers but love watching it play out on screen.

We'll all be watching with bated breath I think :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol !! Was going to post the same comment re it being like Christmas without half the stress :D Am so looking forward to next week , see it all playing out . Always read the spoilers but love watching it play out on screen.

We'll all be watching with bated breath I think :)

There was no stress to Christmas when you were a kid though - it was just full on excitement for the preceeding month...

As a grown up I can't stand Christmas whatsoever... If anything, as a grown up, it's filled with dread in the lead up to Christmas day when it's like "Oh no 2 more sleeps until I have to get up stupidly early and spend the entire day with relatives and not be able to watch anything I want on TV!" I usually have to wait until Stephen's Day to watch my Soaps, so that's the one I look forward to... Go on call me a Grinch, I'm used to it... :D

There was no stress to Christmas when you were a kid though - it was just full on excitement for the preceeding month...

As a grown up I can't stand Christmas whatsoever... If anything, as a grown up, it's filled with dread in the lead up to Christmas day when it's like "Oh no 2 more sleeps until I have to get up stupidly early and spend the entire day with relatives and not be able to watch anything I want on TV!" I usually have to wait until Stephen's Day to watch my Soaps, so that's the one I look forward to... Go on call me a Grinch, I'm used to it... :D

Ha who ever said Grinches were a bad thing !!!! Secretly I don't like Christmas either tbh , actually , not so secret now ha !

All we'll miss next week watching is our Christmas Dinner , best part of Christmas :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ha who ever said Grinches were a bad thing !!!! Secretly I don't like Christmas either tbh , actually , not so secret now ha !

All we'll miss next week watching is our Christmas Dinner , best part of Christmas :)

lol, I'll be just as content with getting a Take Away in from the Chipper next week... Now if only you could get Take Away Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day, stay at home and watch the soaps and not have to visit your family, I'd much prefer Christmas... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Let's hope Pete/Ross and Debbie are axed. Insufferable the 3 of them.

• Advertisement

lol, I'll be just as content with getting a Take Away in from the Chipper next week... Now if only you could get Take Away Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day, stay at home and watch the soaps and not have to visit your family, I'd much prefer Christmas... ;)

Now that's not a bad idea at all , both for next week and for Christmas :pac:

Second thought , no , can't give up my Christmas dinner , not even for Emmerdale :mad:

walshb wrote: »

:eek:

You don't like Ross! The other 2 fair enough, I can take 'em or leave 'em, but you don't like Ross? How can you not like Ross?

:eek:

You don't like Ross! The other 2 fair enough, I can take 'em or leave 'em, but you don't like Ross? How can you not like Ross?

I hate Ross as well. He's good looking but that's all.

fin12 wrote: »
    I hate Ross as well. He's good looking but that's all.

As a straight man, his looks don't interest me, I just think he's a great antagonistic character and Michael Parr is one of the best actors in any of the soaps at the moment. I just assumed everyone loved him...

As a straight man, his looks don't interest me, I just think he's a great antagonistic character and Michael Parr is one of the best actors in any of the soaps at the moment. I just assumed everyone loved him...

haha, oh right. :):)

walshb wrote: »

Pete could go no real loss but not Ross or Debbie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

One of the soap magazines has spoilers for the week after the big event. Mentions characters that are not dead. 2 of them I was surprised by as I was certain they would be killed off.

I think at least one Barton and one Dingle will die

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think at least one Barton and one Dingle will die

Ah I like all the Dingles really , I hope not :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think joanie will die

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement