Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I like the fact that in this event, the burglars aren't zipping around the place like the gremlinaliens and the snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That f*cking notification sound when someone reports a crime in your town.

Lads, I'm not even kidding, when I heard that last night I legitimately thought an air raid siren was going off in the student village I live in.

I was sitting in an open plan office on Friday, after playing during my lunch break, this air raid siren went of my good Jesus it's so loud the office started to evacuate.

The shame of telling 20 people it's ok that was my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chick7

As usual... No timed event no trouble visiting neighbours..... Timed event and visiting neighbours makes the game crash... I wonder is it intentional

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Guide to what you need to be collecting and when to get all prizes

http://tstoaddicts.com/2015/02/22/superheroes-calendar-updated/#more-24548

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I got Clownface this morning - bit disappointed that you can't do anything with him until tomorrow. I'm just trying to get 3000 more carbon rods now to get donuts.

• Advertisement

Bored with this already, none of the townsfolk are doing tasks, I seem to spend the whole day tapping on criminals and fighting felons.
    Lots of potential but dull as dishwater

Collected all the prizes, currently on 16528 pies and Superior Squad HQ is at level 12

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bored with this already, none of the townsfolk are doing tasks, I seem to spend the whole day tapping on criminals and fighting felons.
    Lots of potential but dull as dishwater

Collected all the prizes, currently on 16528 pies and Superior Squad HQ is at level 12
    Same. I suspect the developers erred on the side of 'make this one completable'. And inadvertently made it a bit dull...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just got an update. Helen Lovejoy as part of the quest along with Jessica Lovejoy and the Bartcave as Premium items. Probably more but that's the important stuff I noticed.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just got an update. Helen Lovejoy as part of the quest along with Jessica Lovejoy and the Bartcave as Premium items. Probably more but that's the important stuff I noticed.

Canyonero!!!

Thank god for level 50 I'm already 4 days ahead of schedule in the superhero tasks, glad of something to do

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

coolisin wrote: »
    I was sitting in an open plan office on Friday, after playing during my lunch break, this air raid siren went of my good Jesus it's so loud the office started to evacuate.

The shame of telling 20 people it's ok that was my phone.

D'you reckon they got legit complaints about it? Now it's changed to Homer saying in a very drab voice "Push Notification" :pac:

This event is fun, but I just wish the townspeople had more to do. It'd be cool if you could have them catch criminals for piebombs and stuff.

It also feels a little cluttered. Like, right now I'm collecting piebombs, toothpicks, handcuffs and two other types of stuff, along with the usual cash stuff. It's a tad annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    This event is fun, but I just wish the townspeople had more to do. It'd be cool if you could have them catch criminals for piebombs and stuff.
    QUOTE]

Agreed. Nobody else has anything to do so I just keep putting them on long jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sooooooooooooo tempted to buy the crap silo.

I have 137donuts built up. Can't decide!

EDIT: imagine posting or saying that anywhere else..... :D

I don't understand what the upgrade thing is for? What currency am I getting extra? Why only two super heros?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭corkie

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I don't understand what the upgrade thing is for? What currency am I getting extra? Why only two super heros?

The HQ payout increase's by a small amount each upgrade (10 pies i think), plus when your tapping criminals (the radius of your tap is bigger) more criminals close together get tapped. That is the only difference I have noticed.

I am at level 16 with a payout of 185 pies and 1 bat wing.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

I had to buy spider pig!!
    Also decided to get Bartman's hideout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

coolisin wrote: »
    I had to buy spider pig!!
    Also decided to get Bartman's hideout.

Was he worth it? Very tempted.

Whispered wrote: »

He has a couple of tasks first before he becomes spider pig so not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I only have 55 donuts otherwise I'd love to get him!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

Whispered wrote: »

I got him. Defeats felons in 3hrs instead of 4

• Advertisement

74223 pie bombs and and still have to wait another 2 days before I progress

boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

74223 pie bombs and and still have to wait another 2 days before I progress

boring

jeez you must play it too much, i only got dr. colossus yesterday and others i know playing it are still 4,000 pies away,

its nice being able to take your time on this one and still get the prizes!

Same here. Have dr colossus for a while now. Really just tapping for the collector stuff. The event itself is kind if a sideshow...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm on >74k as are quite a few of my friends, there's one on 84k. I haven't really bothered visiting friends as it's not needed (apart from getting the phones). Getting the collector items and the free donuts are the only thing that bring me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Same here, I've collected a good few donuts at this stage.

I have a disproportionate number of phones that I don't need and hardly any handcuffs. Is defeating felons the only way to get handcuffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I have notifications turned off but I'm still getting homer shouting at me at 3am and in the middle of meetings. FML
    Anyway to completely turn them off?

Also, what's the quickest way to get XP? I'm guessing building stuff? What has the most xp for building?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I have notifications turned off but I'm still getting homer shouting at me at 3am and in the middle of meetings. FML

Also, what's the quickest way to get XP? I'm guessing building stuff? What has the most xp for building?

Volleyball courts give a good XP return for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

The_B_Man wrote: »

Maybe try turning off sounds in the game?

Also weather stations give good XP, not sure how much but they're what I use to level up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sitting in a lecture last semester and in a quiet moment Homer shouts out, 'Visitors, better put on pants'. From the lecturer's phone.

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »
    Maybe try turning off sounds in the game?

Also weather stations give good XP, not sure how much but they're what I use to level up quickly.

Turning sounds off in game makes no difference. Homer will still shout at you if your phone is on loud. It's stupid.

And now they have given us a building we can only put on the boardwalk but not allow us to build any more boards. :rolleyes:

Advertisement