Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

FHFC wrote: »
    Thining banking the transfer may be wisest option this week.

Currently have
    Forster (Hamer)
    Moore, Clyne, Chambers, Duff, Hutton
    Fabrega, Sterling, Siggy, Di Maria, Boyd
    Pelle, Costa, Ulloa.

8.1m in the bank, yes, 8.1m!

I have the money set aside to get Aguero but went with Ulloa first to make a bit of cash, and that has been quite successful. But given that Ulloa is still rising and has a good fixture this week, together with the slight chance Aguero will have curtailed gametime after last night and the big risk of getting him immediately before the international break, I may be wiser to stick as I am, and have two FTs for the Break. Aguero may punish me at Villa but hopefully not too severely.

My cheapie defence flopped last week and has pretty woeful fixtures this week, but then the likes of Saints, Leicester and Arsenal really pick up fixture wise for a while, and Villa and Burnley also have a few good fixtures for rotation. SO while I'm thinking I may have been wiser to go with Fabianski rather than doubling up on Southampton I don't see any need for an urgent switch in defence despite not expecting much in the way of clean sheets this weekend.

Any thoughts compadres?

Apart from this Southampton doubling up (I would have gotten Fabianski or Taylor - I think it'd be even cheaper -) I'd be happy with this team if it was mine.

Cheap defense alright but the big guns don't offer more guarantees yet. Actually I may get Wilson for Hutton. I haven't looked at the immediate fixtures coming but overall I'd fancy a Stoke defender in my team. I think you'd still gain cash out of a double Clyne -> Taylor / Hutton -> Wilson. It's obviously no priority but I think it'd improve a bit your defense.

Re Aguero I think you're making the right call. And he hasn't really run riot this season.

With the uncertainty between Dzeko & Jovetic I'm getting more and more inclined to get Pellè in for Rooney myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ulloa in for Rooney. Di Maria in for Ramsey. Taking the 4 point hit. Now to decide Ulloa or Costa for captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Welbeck -» Kun
    Ivanovic -» Azpi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sell Dummett and buy Moore and play him...good chance of a clean sheet.
    That was the transfer I said I'd do at the beginning of the week, so I just pulled the trigger there! That was relatively painless anyway.

Any thoughts on whether to start Welbeck or Schneiderlin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Just a minor defensive tweak - Pieters out for Duff

Keeping an eye on Walcott's expected return date - will probably drop Di Maria for him. United's fixtures getting harder as Arsenal's get easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Oops. Meant to swap Rooney out before his price drop but I've missed that boat. Thought it would happen tonight. Anyway, I can't afford Aguero until next week now so it looks like I'll be getting Pellé in. Least that makes the decision for me, I suppose. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The last time Rogers rested him it didn't work out too well for them!

Simply put, I don't think Rogers can afford to rest him again, especially with Sturridge injured and lacking minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone want to help me choose between Aguero, Dzeko, and Pelle?

Aguero and Pelle over Dzeko. If I was playing it safe and had a lot of money, id. choose Aguero. However, I think Pelle is the real deal. His goal scoring records speak for themselves. It would not surprise me if Pelle outscored Aguero over the next six games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Lads siggy, dyer, tadic or who should i go for instead of ramsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lads siggy, dyer, tadic or who should i go for instead of ramsey?

Siggy at home against Newcastle, Dyer too, but you don't want to be left behind when Siggy scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

current squad:
    guzan gilks
    ivanovic clyne hutton duff wisdom
    ADM sterling siggy fab
    costa aguero welbeck

team news pending i'll be doing a super exciting hutton to moore, boosting the ol' piggy bank from 0.2M to 0.3M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    current squad:
    guzan gilks
    ivanovic clyne hutton duff wisdom
    ADM sterling siggy fab
    costa aguero welbeck

team news pending i'll be doing a super exciting hutton to moore, boosting the ol' piggy bank from 0.2M to 0.3M

Don't underestimate this precious (biggrin.png) little £0.1m . Let's say you don't go for it, and in a few weeks you are £0.1m short to get e.g. Aguero in. Wouldn't you be like "we wants it. we needs it. we must have this precious £0.1m, Sneaky little Hutton. He stole it from us." :pac:.

iroced wrote: »
    Don't underestimate this precious (biggrin.png) little £0.1m . Let's say you don't go for it, and in a few weeks you are £0.1m short to get e.g. Aguero in. Wouldn't you be like "we wants it. we needs it. we must have this precious £0.1m, Sneaky little Hutton. He stole it from us." :pac:.

:D oh i'm not :D believe me :D

be a while before that analogy gets out of my head

ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

wonski wrote: »
    Siggy at home against Newcastle, Dyer too, but you don't want to be left behind when Siggy scores.

Siggy it is so thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Banking my transfer barring late injuries. Only big selection dilemma is whether to start Clyne or Bertrand. Probably will do Clyne because of his higher ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

pieters to Wilson
    did not want to lose a transfer as I have 2 and also needed to raise some cash for A big arrival after the international break ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Sterling & Dyer -> Di Maria & Jedinak....or stick?

I'm playing my WC this week and this is my last call (I hope).

Dyer/Jedinak will most likely be on the bench.

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Ramsey out Sterling in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

NeVeR wrote: »
    Ramsey out Sterling in

I'm actually tempted to get rid of Sterling. He'll have the odd decent score but Liverpool are struggling and Silva looks more attractive.

City not firing on all cylinders either but they have quality which Liverpool don't and I'd expect them to hockey somebody soon!

Edit: On this.

Would Sterling to Silva seem like a wise move to address my lack of City cover, while considering getting Aguero after the International break?
    Thinking banking the transfer may be wisest option this week.

Currently have
    Forster (Hamer)
    Moore, Clyne, Chambers, Duff, Hutton
    Fabrega, Sterling, Siggy, Di Maria, Boyd
    Pelle, Costa, Ulloa.

8.1m in the bank, yes, 8.1m!

I have the money set aside to get Aguero but went with Ulloa first to make a bit of cash, and that has been quite successful. But given that Ulloa is still rising and has a good fixture this week, together with the slight chance Aguero will have curtailed gametime after last night and the big risk of getting him immediately before the international break, I may be wiser to stick as I am, and have two FTs for the Break. Aguero may punish me at Villa but hopefully not too severely.

My cheapie defence flopped last week and has pretty woeful fixtures this week, but then the likes of Saints, Leicester and Arsenal really pick up fixture wise for a while, and Villa and Burnley also have a few good fixtures for rotation. SO while I'm thinking I may have been wiser to go with Fabianski rather than doubling up on Southampton I don't see any need for an urgent switch in defence despite not expecting much in the way of clean sheets this weekend.

Any thoughts compadres?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm actually tempted to get rid of Sterling. He'll have the odd decent score but Liverpool are struggling and Silva looks more attractive.

City not firing on all cylinders either but they have quality which Liverpool don't and I'd expect them to hockey somebody soon!

Would Sterling to Silva seem like a wise move to address my lack of City cover, while considering getting Aguero after the International break?
    I'm also starting to wonder about Sterling.

I think he'll always be one of Liverpool's biggest threats, but for him to have a really stellar season, he'll need those around him to be in form. Ozil is such a hot and cold player, but he played well last night and is relishing the number 10 role. I have enough in the bank to upgrade to him.

If Liverpool turn it around I'll always be able to get Sterling back in or re-evaluate Ozil when Walcott comes back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Krul --> Forster

Happy enough with the rest of my team for now so seems like a no brainer shifting Krul who got me a grand total of 0 clean sheets since i brought him in with my WC:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Ditto. I was actually looking at bringing in Silva for Sterling this week, but then Rooney went and got himself sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm also starting to wonder about Sterling.

I think he'll always be one of Liverpool's biggest threats, but for him to have a really stellar season, he'll need those around him to be in form. Ozil is such a hot and cold player, but he played well last night and is relishing the number 10 role. I have enough in the bank to upgrade to him.

If Liverpool turn it around I'll always be able to get Sterling back in or re-evaluate Ozil when Walcott comes back!

Haven't seen much of Liverpool in general this season. But he seemed more dangerous when Sturridge was fit at the start of the season. Sturridge is nearly fit again (apparently), so I'm going to hold off transferring Sterling out until Sturridge returns and I see how they get on with a decent fit striker.

Edit: that said, I have Aguero, so not worried about City coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Haven't seen much of Liverpool in general this season. But he seemed more dangerous when Sturridge was fit at the start of the season. Sturridge is nearly fit again (apparently), so I'm going to hold off transferring Sterling out until Sturridge returns and I see how they get on with a decent fit striker.

Edit: that said, I have Aguero, so not worried about City coverage.

This is exactly it they have been dreadful in an attacking sense since the spurs game the last game sturridge played. They look in trouble it remains to be seen if sturridges return will change things I do think it will help sterling though. I dont have sterling and am stuck with mario for this week but will be selling him this for wellbeck gw 8 and will be going without pool coverage for a few weeks as they have real madrid twice in the few weeks after the international break which will take a lot out of them and some possible rotation.

This is exactly it they have been dreadful in an attacking sense since the spurs game the last game sturridge played. They look in trouble it remains to be seen if sturridges return will change things I do think it will help sterling though. I dont have sterling and am stuck with mario for this week but will be selling him this for wellbeck gw 8 and will be going without pool coverage for a few weeks as they have real madrid twice in the few weeks after the international break which will take a lot out of them and some possible rotation.

Yeah they have a lot of games in that period (they have a LC game also) - though they do have some tasty PL fixtures up until the Chelsea game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ok now seems as good a time as any to reveal my thoughts on my 2 gambles to replace Rooney and Ramsey for -4 with the wildcard coming into play next week.

Rooney -> RVP
    Ramsey -> Kevin Nolan :cool:

I'd captain RVP too. I'd need assurances that Nolan would start otherwise it may be Downing and want to see how Everton get on tonight in the Europa. It could be genius or it could backfire horribly but for 1 week damn I'm getting excited. Any other outside the box alternatives for a 1 week role of the dice ye could recommend?

Ok now seems as good a time as any to reveal my thoughts on my 2 gambles to replace Rooney and Ramsey for -4 with the wildcard coming into play next week.

Rooney -> RVP

I'd captain RVP too. I'd need assurances that Nolan would start otherwise it may be Downing and want to see how Everton get on tonight in the Europa. It could be genius or it could backfire horribly but for 1 week damn I'm getting excited. Any other outside the box alternatives for a 1 week role of the dice ye could recommend?

Bolasie

Rooney -> RVP

The RVP one could be brilliant. I'm sure there's been exceptions, but Everton and Spurs seem to have under performed after playing midweek Europa games. Everton already seem leaky, and they are away in Russia tonight, with only 2 days recovery in between. Will be interesting to see their team tonight, but if they play a full strength team tonight, they could struggle on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rooney -> RVP

I got rvp in on my wildcard made him captain for gw 3 and gw 4.
    GW3 2 pts
    GW4 1 pts
    Sold him ahead of gw 5 he scores in gw 5 and 6. As a 1 wk punt id go for him even though he is the main cause of my dreadful september. As alternatives to nolan dyer or routledge could be worth a shout or a bit of a risky one llalana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm currently on a wildcard and have Pelle and Ulloa in the team for price rises. I'm keen to get Aguero in but one of the two lads has to make way. Thinking Ulloa but he's in great form as is Pelle. Tough one, anyone any ideas?

Advertisement