Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

wonski wrote: »
    Quick look at last 4 Krul's games:

GW3 - Crystal Palace (H) - 3
    GW4 - Southampton (A) - 4
    GW 5 - Hull (H) - 2
    GW 6 - Stoke (A) - 1

10 goals in 4 games. Another 2 conceeded with City and 1 CS.
    I wouldn't look at the fixtures list in this case.

Terrible defence.

Swansea and Leicester like to score. Wouldn't surprise me if Swansea put 4 past them tbh.

If Pardew was sacked I would of hung on to Krul as new manager bounce could be rewarding in FPL terms.
    But looks like he is staying for now so I will probably get rid of Krul.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Yaya is playng as a holding or defensive midfielder this year and not an attacking one like last year. While this continues he's not going to score many goals at all. The same has happened to Ramsey for the last few games and thats why he has also dropped so much aswell. Rooney had started being put back into midfield before he was red carded.

Lots of big decisions and changes were made in the last two weeks! Finally teams are starting to look a bit different!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

power101 wrote: »
    Yaya is playng as a holding or defensive midfielder this year and not an attacking one like last year. While this continues he's not going to score many goals at all. The same has happened to Ramsey for the last few games and thats why he has also dropped so much aswell. Rooney had started being put back into midfield before he was red carded.

Lots of big decisions and changes were made in the last two weeks! Finally teams are starting to look a bit different!

Yaya spent a lot of time playing deeper last year aswell. He scored some unbelievable free kicks was lucky on a few occasions that Aguero was off the pitch when city got pens . He doesn't seem fit yet this year so hasn't really broke forward. What happened with Yaya last year was a freak occurrence points wise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No transfers for me until at least Wednesday.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If I get through European games without injury, will swap Krul out. Low priority transfer, but may as well dump if I can. Happy with my team otherwise.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

If I get through European games without injury, will swap Krul out. Low priority transfer, but may as well dump if I can. Happy with my team otherwise.
    Similar to myself. I've Heaton, problem is I also have Duff. A huge oversight on my part.

I'm thinking of Mannone or Speroni.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭G1032

Nib wrote: »
    Similar to myself. I've Heaton, problem is I also have Duff. A huge oversight on my part.

I'm thinking of Mannone or Speroni.

How much is Speroni. At work and FPL site is blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

G1032 wrote: »
    How much is Speroni. At work and FPL site is blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Dzeko or Welbeck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

djPSB wrote: »
    Dzeko or Welbeck?

Dzeko

• Advertisement

At 5 ish million I'd be going for Fabianski instead of Speroni.

I don't have Taylor so getting Fabianski would help negate Taylors points as a lot seem to have him.

Think I'll move on Fabianski in for Krul tonight. Fabianski going up in price tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any logic in selling Kun for Dzeko? Would give me 4.3 in the bank.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

dahat wrote: »
    Any logic in selling Kun for Dzeko? Would give me 4.3 in the bank.

I'd have Kun and a saved transfer any day of the week over Dzeko.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd have Kun and a saved transfer any day of the week over Dzeko.

I have him a few weeks now but returns have been ok if not spectacular, waiting for him to take off hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dahat wrote: »
    I have him a few weeks now but returns have been ok if not spectacular, waiting for him to take off hopefully.
    Yeah Kun is worth about 10m on current returns. Needs a few Costa-esque returns to justify 12.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Anyone want to help me choose between Aguero, Dzeko, and Pelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What are the chances that Newcastle will get beaten by Swansea, Pardew will get sacked, Pulis will take over and Krul suddenly becomes the clean sheet king thus saving me a transfer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Anyone want to help me choose between Aguero, Dzeko, and Pelle?

with jeovitic back tonight dzeko could be at risk of rotation, I have aguero for this reason alone and he's due a brace or hat trick pretty soon i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What are the chances that Newcastle will get beaten by Swansea, Pardew will get sacked, Pulis will take over and Krul suddenly becomes the clean sheet king thus saving me a transfer?!

Pardew won't be sack anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Love that scenario. Would save many troubles.
    with jeovitic back tonight dzeko could be at risk of rotation, I have aguero for this reason alone and he's due a brace or hat trick pretty soon i reckon.

Yah... I might ignore City and replace Rooney with Pellè then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Current front line is Costa, Welbeck and Falcao, was thinking of turfing out Welbeck and bringing in either Ulloa or Pelle but looks like Arsenal have some good(ish) fixtures after the Chelsea game.

Had also been thinking of getting rid of Falcao but now that Rooney is out of the picture for 3 games I'll likely hold off on that one for now.

What you folks reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Current front line is Costa, Welbeck and Falcao, was thinking of turfing out Welbeck and bringing in either Ulloa or Pelle but looks like Arsenal have some good(ish) fixtures after the Chelsea game.

Had also been thinking of getting rid of Falcao but now that Rooney is out of the picture for 3 games I'll likely hold off on that one for now.

What you folks reckon?

I had Falcao, and to be honest I'm glad I got rid, he doesn't look like he's going to score, he doesn't look match fit either, How many shots on target has he had in all his games?

Welbeck at least is getting chances, if only he could finish a bit better - he's the main man striker wise at Arsenal for the time being, Falcao has RVP, who would be on peno's with Rooney suspended - RVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I had Falcao, and to be honest I'm glad I got rid, he doesn't look like he's going to score, he doesn't look match fit either, How many shots on target has he had in all his games?

Welbeck at least is getting chances, if only he could finish a bit better - he's the main man striker wise at Arsenal for the time being, Falcao has RVP, who would be on peno's with Rooney suspended - RVP?

Yeah that was Welbeck's issue at United, he'd fly past 3 players then trip over his laces in front of goal.

Will see how Falcao goes this weekend, have a feeling he'll do better with Mata in the mix, and I'm sure he's still adjusting to the PL game but but he needs to start scoring soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't so much have transfer headaches this weekend, just selection headaches. Have two Arsenal players (Chambers and Welbeck) and two Chelsea players (Fabregas and Costa), so I don't really want to pit them against each other.

I usually play a 3-5-3, but could take out Welbeck and start Schneiderlin to make it a 3-5-2. My only option as a backup defender this week to start in place of Chambers is Paul Dummett, because Andre Wisdom can't play against Liverpool.

Even if I start these instead of the Arsenal duo, is there even any chance they'd outscore them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

AdMMM wrote: »
    I don't so much have transfer headaches this weekend, just selection headaches. Have two Arsenal players (Chambers and Welbeck) and two Chelsea players (Fabregas and Costa), so I don't really want to pit them against each other.

I usually play a 3-5-3, but could take out Welbeck and start Schneiderlin to make it a 3-5-2. My only option as a backup defender this week to start in place of Chambers is Paul Dummett, because Andre Wisdom can't play against Liverpool.

Even if I start these instead of the Arsenal duo, is there even any chance they'd outscore them?

Sell Dummett and buy Moore and play him...good chance of a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Thining banking the transfer may be wisest option this week.

Currently have
    Forster (Hamer)
    Moore, Clyne, Chambers, Duff, Hutton
    Fabrega, Sterling, Siggy, Di Maria, Boyd
    Pelle, Costa, Ulloa.

8.1m in the bank, yes, 8.1m!

I have the money set aside to get Aguero but went with Ulloa first to make a bit of cash, and that has been quite successful. But given that Ulloa is still rising and has a good fixture this week, together with the slight chance Aguero will have curtailed gametime after last night and the big risk of getting him immediately before the international break, I may be wiser to stick as I am, and have two FTs for the Break. Aguero may punish me at Villa but hopefully not too severely.

My cheapie defence flopped last week and has pretty woeful fixtures this week, but then the likes of Saints, Leicester and Arsenal really pick up fixture wise for a while, and Villa and Burnley also have a few good fixtures for rotation. SO while I'm thinking I may have been wiser to go with Fabianski rather than doubling up on Southampton I don't see any need for an urgent switch in defence despite not expecting much in the way of clean sheets this weekend.

Any thoughts compadres?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Looking at Sterling but anybody think he may be rested the weekend. Played 120 minutes in the league cup, full game last weekend, presume 90 tonight and i think at home the weekend he could get a rest in a handy fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Looking at Sterling but anybody think he may be rested the weekend. Played 120 minutes in the league cup, full game last weekend, presume 90 tonight and i think at home the weekend he could get a rest in a handy fixture.

The last time Rogers rested him it didn't work out too well for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Rooney to Pelle was my FT.

I'm a little short on subs though; Wisdom is ineligible, Mutch is injured and Pieters was dropped last weekend.

I don't think it's worth a hit to ensure I have a sub available. My first 11 should all play. The only doubt is whether or not Sterling is rested.

Should I stay put and hold out for the WC during the international break?

Advertisement