Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Zerks, you get your machine yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vicwatson wrote: »

Not yet,expecting it any day now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Item sent to customs 15th aug.

Anyone know what's the next step and turnaround for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

@howardmarks which customs? If it's Dublin, email dmc@revenue.ie with the paypal invoice, your An Post tracking ref, and your postal address.
    Otherwise, you'll be waiting for them to post a letter to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Just got my package today.
    Arrived in Ireland on 30July. I got a letter from customs on 31st July asking to declare value.
    I emailed according to instructions with paypal receipt.
    2 weeks later no reply or package
    I called anpost, who put me onto customs who claim no receipt of email.
    I told em 60.75EUR value which yielded 19.75EUR charges.. quite alot I thought.

I'm happy with the device.. I have/had 2 issues.
    1) Touchscreen didn't work well on first boot, was acting randomly. Reboot fixed it
    2) Doesn't seem to connect to WPA networks easily..

Otherwise I'm happy with it.
    Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

harryd2 wrote: »
    Just got my package today.
    Arrived in Ireland on 30July. I got a letter from customs on 31st July asking to declare value.
    I emailed according to instructions with paypal receipt.
    2 weeks later no reply or package
    I called anpost, who put me onto customs who claim no receipt of email.
    I told em 60.75EUR value which yielded 19.75EUR charges.. quite alot I thought.
    I'm happy with the device.. I have/had 2 issues.
    1) Touchscreen didn't work well on first boot, was acting randomly. Reboot fixed it
    2) Doesn't seem to connect to WPA networks easily.. Otherwise I'm happy with it.
    Thanks OP

6euro of that charge was An Post's extra handling fee.

It's in the country,got a text from my friend in NI who I used for delivery to avoid customs,I'll probably have my hands on it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Great thread guys, very informative - very keen on one purely for web browsing but thinking now I may hold out for a 'cheap' 10" tab instead as my eyesight is crap to begin with :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone try the xbmc for android pre release?. Does it work?.

• Advertisement

Anyone try the xbmc for android pre release?. Does it work?.

Seemingly XBMC on Allwinner chips is not going to be happening any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

getoday wrote: »
    i ordered the Aurora II from here:

Link

€ 97 Free shipping, if you can, you also can wait for the ainol new model: Novo 7 Flame.

Did you get caught for customs with that? If so how bad was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

i stupidly threw out the charger thinking o i dont need it as ill just charge off the usb port, hassle of using adapter and irish plug adapter.don't ask!!

i know need an adaptor for it because i use the micro usb port for the keyboard so if i want to use tablet and keyboard i wont be able to charge it at same time!

does anyone have a link to an adaptor that will charge it off the power socket , not the usb port

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

i stupidly threw out the charger thinking o i dont need it as ill just charge off the usb port, hassle of using adapter and irish plug adapter.don't ask!!

i know need an adaptor for it because i use the micro usb port for the keyboard so if i want to use tablet and keyboard i wont be able to charge it at same time!

does anyone have a link to an adaptor that will charge it off the power socket , not the usb port

regards

Email them saying the charger stopped working, they might send you a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Email them saying the charger stopped working, they might send you a new one.

This might be the only solution, as the connector on the adapter is not a standard one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

INEEDANID wrote: »

You probably should have asked BEFORE you bought it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

eamonnq wrote: »
    You probably should have asked BEFORE you bought it!! :D

Haha, I can still cancel it as it hasnt been dispatched.

I did a bit of research too though and it seems to eb good for the €€

Got my tablet & have been fiddling around with it,great little machine & the price was a bonus.Cost about €72 with all the extras such as a case,extra memory card etc.

The young lad is playing a bmx game on it as I speak,tried streaming a movie on it & had no problems.I've a feeling my friends will be putting in orders as they used me as a guinea pig seeing as I'm the techie one among them.

http://www.mcbub.com/item/-Clearance--7-Inch-Cambridge-Sciences-Android-4-0-MID-Tablet-PC-AllWinner-A10-1-5GHz-512MB-RAM-8GB-HDD-Camera-HDMI-Wifi--CP147068--147585/

This one is sold out now but there's other ones which are very similar for around the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

zerks wrote: »
    Got my tablet & have been fiddling around with it,great little machine & the price was a bonus.Cost about €72 with all the extras such as a case,extra memory card etc.

The young lad is playing a bmx game on it as I speak,tried streaming a movie on it & had no problems.I've a feeling my friends will be putting in orders as they used me as a guinea pig seeing as I'm the techie one among them.

http://www.mcbub.com/item/-Clearance--7-Inch-Cambridge-Sciences-Android-4-0-MID-Tablet-PC-AllWinner-A10-1-5GHz-512MB-RAM-8GB-HDD-Camera-HDMI-Wifi--CP147068--147585/

This one is sold out now but there's other ones which are very similar for around the same price.

I saw you posting about that one earlier in the thread and was disappointed to see it was sold out, any one in particular you'd suggest?

I saw you posting about that one earlier in the thread and was disappointed to see it was sold out, any one in particular you'd suggest?

http://www.mcbub.com/item/7-Inch-Ainol-Novo-7-Tornados-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-Cortex-A9-Amlogic8726-M3L-1GHz-1G-RAM-8GB-White-147370/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Did you have any trouble with customs with your delivery from McBub?

Macca07 wrote: »
    Did you have any trouble with customs with your delivery from McBub?

Mine came via NI so no trouble for me,they had it marked as "gift, value $20" on the package also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Does anyone have anyone good links for customs roms for this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Anyone with an Aurora II that can give me some feedback?

I need to order something soon for my 9 y.o. birthday. Don't have the money for a Nexus 7 but reckon the Aurora II should do the job. It will only be used for watching Youtube, light gaming and Skype.

My main concern is battery life, what's it like in real world use?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Original link doesn't work?!

I just bought one of these http://www.mcbub.com/item/Super-Flytouch-7-10-2--Allwinner-A10-Android-4-0-4-RAM-1G-HDD-16G-GPS-WIFI-HDMI-Camera-Dual-USB-Port-Tablet-PC-Silver-151891/

Just over €100 before customs, I wanted a 10 inch screen, will post once received, fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I just bought one of these http://www.mcbub.com/item/Super-Flytouch-7-10-2--Allwinner-A10-Android-4-0-4-RAM-1G-HDD-16G-GPS-WIFI-HDMI-Camera-Dual-USB-Port-Tablet-PC-Silver-151891/

Just over €100 before customs, I wanted a 10 inch screen, will post once received, fingers crossed

Resistive touch screen so wouldn't go near it.

manu2009 wrote: »
    Resistive touch screen so wouldn't go near it.

I got it for web browsing and watching movies etc. Will pick up a smaller 7 inch for the kids for games etc, but the above suits what I need it for

I got it for web browsing and watching movies etc. Will pick up a smaller 7 inch for the kids for games etc, but the above suits what I need it for

Unfortunately this will most likely break your heart, I would advise not buying the 7inch until you receive this, as you most likely will want to get rid of this as soon as you get it, and you might give it to the kids and try again with getting one for yourself.

The resistive touch screen on the Flytouch pads are horrendous, worst pad I have ever come across was the Flytouch (have it on adverts for 60euro, and anyone that has looked at it would not even give me that for it!!!

http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/flytouch-3-superpad-10-2in-8gb/1639006

• Advertisement

Unfortunately this will most likely break your heart, I would advise not buying the 7inch until you receive this, as you most likely will want to get rid of this as soon as you get it, and you might give it to the kids and try again with getting one for yourself.

The resistive touch screen on the Flytouch pads are horrendous, worst pad I have ever come across was the Flytouch (have it on adverts for 60euro, and anyone that has looked at it would not even give me that for it!!!

http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/flytouch-3-superpad-10-2in-8gb/1639006

Having taken the above into consideration I got onto them this morning and changed my order. I've gone for the new novo flame, cost an extra few quid but seems to be the pick of the bunch (I hope!!)

http://www.mcbubstore.com/item/Ainol-NOVO-7-Flame-Dual-Core-Amlogic-M6-7--IPS-HD-Screen-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-1280-800-Bluetooth-Dual-Camera-5000mAh-Battery-Metal-cover-1G-16GB-Ainol-NOVO-7-Fire-152130/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Having taken the above into consideration I got onto them this morning and changed my order. I've gone for the new novo flame, cost an extra few quid but seems to be the pick of the bunch (I hope!!)

http://www.mcbubstore.com/item/Ainol-NOVO-7-Flame-Dual-Core-Amlogic-M6-7--IPS-HD-Screen-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-1280-800-Bluetooth-Dual-Camera-5000mAh-Battery-Metal-cover-1G-16GB-Ainol-NOVO-7-Fire-152130/

Nice!

Anyone know of any problems with this one? I was thinking of following you and getting the other one. Thank god boardsies came to the rescue!!

Nice!

Anyone know of any problems with this one?

They are not on general sale yet, so you won't get any feedback from actual users (They are due to start shipping in the next few days).

On paper it should be good, higher spec than Aurora II and Elf II with most importantly (for me at least) a 5000maAh battery so it should have decent battery life.

Need to buy something for my kid's birthday soon and it will probably be the Flame.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I bought the Flame on Friday, the initial reviews and youtube videos look really promising. Could be a further delay in shipping though as the Ainol factory is closed this week to address the issue of dead pixels in the IPS screens.

stevire wrote: »
    I bought the Flame on Friday, the initial reviews and youtube videos look really promising. Could be a further delay in shipping though as the Ainol factory is closed this week to address the issue of dead pixels in the IPS screens.

Did you pay the $159 as well? They have it in the page that it'll ship by september 15th, fingers crossed. Not much comeback if there's a dead pixel I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

hi guys how is the screen responsiveness on the original tablet.

i purchased the hannspad before and the screen is complete crap on that
    i want to use it for web browsing and reading comics
    many a bit of gaming also

Did you pay the $159 as well? They have it in the page that it'll ship by september 15th, fingers crossed. Not much comeback if there's a dead pixel I suppose

I paid $177 on dealsprime for the "Deluxe Package", just has a few nice little extras. If you buy it off an authorized reseller you will get a replacement if you have a unit with dead pixels....

I paid $177 on dealsprime for the "Deluxe Package", just has a few nice little extras. If you buy it off an authorized reseller you will get a replacement if you have a unit with dead pixels....

Were they willing to mark the price lower? - EDIT I see they will mark it as gift and value of usd25.00

Was it stopped by customs?

What did you have to pay?

Is it a good machine?

Their returns policy suck though, if there is a problem with it you have to pay to have it shipped back to Hong Kong, that could be costly - http://dealsprime.com/return-policy.aspx

Cheers

• Advertisement

Were they willing to mark the price lower? - EDIT I see they will mark it as gift and value of usd25.00

Was it stopped by customs?

What did you have to pay?

Is it a good machine?

Their returns policy suck though, if there is a problem with it you have to pay to have it shipped back to Hong Kong, that could be costly - http://dealsprime.com/return-policy.aspx

Cheers

As above they're only on preorder now. There's risk involved with buying any of these tablets in from china if something goes wrong, just gotta keep the fingers crossed

Another NO NO as far as I am concerned!! Dealsprime is just Chinagrabber operating under a different name, Chinagrabber are an absolute disaster if you run into any problems as they will just not want to know. Best of luck with it but I would not buy ANYTHING from Chinagrabber (or any of their other trading names, Gadgetgreats, IG8 etc.).

They regularly put crap about being 'an authorised reseller' etc on their website but if you check with the manufacturers there is usually no such thing!!! They will promise the sun, moon and stars to get your money (pre-orders is a favourite of theirs, but then they keep pushing back the delivery dates or offering you a different model, which is invariably either a bit dearer or substantially inferior to what you ordered).

Cheers

I would not worry about their returns policy, or any of their other 'policies' as as soon as they have your money their policies go out the window. If you have a problem with your unit they will just fob you off and eventually stop replying to your emails, or they may send you to their sham forum (apad.tv) for help but when you start giving out about the unit (or them!!) they will just ban you and remove any posts you have made.

Steer clear and stay clear!!!

Actually just came across this, so can you see what to expect..................

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37932-ainol-7-fire-release-date-set-to-september-10th/page__p__416421__hl__dealsprime__fromsearch__1#entry416421

I would not worry about their returns policy, or any of their other 'policies' as as soon as they have your money their policies go out the window. If you have a problem with your unit they will just fob you off and eventually stop replying to your emails, or they may send you to their sham forum (apad.tv) for help but when you start giving out about the unit (or them!!) they will just ban you and remove any posts you have made.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37932-ainol-7-fire-release-date-set-to-september-10th/page__p__416421__hl__dealsprime__fromsearch__1#entry416421

Can you therefore recommend somewhere to buy one of these? legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

You could try merimobiles 'facebook' coupon code should give you 5% off they used to offer yanwen shipping too which may be worthwhile ask them about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Futeko

McBub

Futeko deliver from UK, So while the McBub version *might* pass customs undetected, Futeko is the full price.

LINK
    Will I have to pay tax / customs duty?
    We are located in the UK, which is a member of the European Union and therefore benefits from free movement of goods inside the EU. So any customers ordering from within the EU will have no import duty or any other taxes to pay. Customers ordering from outside the EU may have local taxes to pay.

• Advertisement

I paid via Paypal so any issues will be going through them. Not expecting too many issues, I realize there are problems in the Ainol factory with getting the units out so I'm willing to wait a few weeks for them to dispatch it.

That poster on slatedroid overreacted, there is obviously a limited amount of units coming from the Ainol factory in dribs and drabs. If you read further down the thread you can see that he has a tracking number and the item was dispatched??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Keeping an eye on this thread, as although I have a HP Touchpad, these seem to be a better product (HDMI out + SD card slot), so may pick one up to be used by the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I held off buying the Playbook. I'm kind of glad about it. It has good spec, but at €175, there are plenty more.
    I'm going to Purchase the Eken w70pro today. When i can find it at a better price.

It's lower model (Eken w70) Can be bought for around €45 delivered, depending on where you look.

But i want the (at least) 8GB and 1GB RAM version, and it's after going up in price on a few sites.. :( I should've got it, and then pottered over the Playbook.

The cheapest i can find it for now is €69 - €89.
    Going to look a little harder and will post back if i find it.

Or if anyone else knows somewhere at a better price, would love it if they'd post a link :D

Allyall wrote: »
    Futeko

McBub

Futeko deliver from UK, So while the McBub version *might* pass customs undetected, Futeko is the full price.

LINK

Cheers, I'm gonna wait a few weeks also in order for Ainol to get their Sh1t sorted out ! Cheers.

Got an email from Dealsprime:

Hello,

We are now waiting for the next batch of Ainol units to come in and it is expected at the end of the week.

You will receive an email notification with tracking as soon as it the unit ships.

Thank you for your patience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement