Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Should be a tight enough game. Won't be much in it, I'd take a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

They played us off the park in the cross, I'd take a draw now, can't see us getting anything thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Our conquers from Iceland in Europe got stuffed 4-0 in aggrete to Rosenberg in EL.

Not saying much for us is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

wouldn't read into that result much. Kr are a poor side and to be fair it was out first season back. We have become competitive with the big teams but in order to topple them and get huge wins we need to go up another level but again it takes time and more quality signings. This game vs Dundalk friday is a must get a result a loss and titles gone realistically bar a miracle. Dundalk might have lost a bit of confidence after being knocked out or europe might struggle to motivate themselves for this game after that huge game Wednesday great opportunity for us i saw it'll be a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

KR well comfortably better than us over 2 legs. To say anything else is blinkered.

If CCFC can't get themselves motivated for a euro game with huge prize money at stake I despair. Not to mention why should CCFC not view KR as a big game? We are hardly giants ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Are we on tv today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's a farce no wonder the league gets so little support. A time when the major leagues are over, the national broadcaster can't be bothered showing a top of the table clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

rob316 wrote: »
    It's a farce no wonder the league gets so little support. A time when the major leagues are over, the national broadcaster can't be bothered showing a top of the table clash.

I'd be very critical of RTÉ, but to be fair, this match was officially only confirmed at about 10pm on Wednesday. It was only set as the interim date about a week ago. That's very short notice to organise a broadcast. especially with RTÉ having other sports coverage today. Setanta might have showed it if they hadn't already pledged to show Sligo v Pats on Friday.

I think the real issue is RTÉ and the FAI not allowing clubs to stream matches domestically. RTÉ have exclusive coverage of matches and won't allow clubs to show footage until after Soccer Republic on Mondays. Rovers used to stream all their home matches, but were stopped from doing it. They don't even allow First Division sides to stream/show highlights, even though Soccer Republic doesn't cover that (except for one match, I think, since it started as MNS in 2008). They're very protectionist and hoard the rights, even when granting them for matches they don't show wouldn't really make a difference. It wouldn't cause them any damage if they allowed teams to stream their own matches when RTÉ weren't televising anything and suspend all streaming across the league when they were, to divert all LoI traffic to their channel. It'd be a fair compromise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with the draw. Dundalk looked tired apparently but given our results against the in the defence past, a good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Very happy with the draw. Dundalk looked tired apparently but given our results against the in the defence past, a good point.

Listening to it on Rebel Radio, it seemed like end-to-end stuff. We didn't win, but very happy that we went up to Oriel and attacked them for 90 minutes. After we played Dundalk the second time last season, we were six behind, and it's the same here. 13 games left instead of 11 then, so we're well able to gain four points on them before we play them again.

Roll on Bohs on Friday, now. Big crowd, on Setanta, hopefully we put on a good show for the fans and the telly. Really need to kick on now. This time last year, we got nothing from consecutive matches against Bohs and Dundalk. If we could get 4 from 6 this time around, it'd be a huge boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Dundalk started dropping points this time last year and we have them home 2nd last game.
    Bohs are really not a fun side to play against really struggle to them for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

Is it ok to park in woodies for the match. I heard they close the barriers and lock cars in.

Awesome performance!! Beattie gives us great options going forward, something we were missing !! Delighted for Morrissey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Holy **** that was unvelievable, the first half in particular was one of the best displays of football I've ever seen from a City team. For the first time in a long time I left Turners Cross tonight feeling like we could have taken on any team in the world tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Billy who?

Wilberto wrote: »
    Billy who?

Dare I say its the best thing that has happened to City in a while? The last three games certainly back that up.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Billy who?

The players looked like they were enjoying them selfs before and after the game. They all were laughing and joking with marky. It seems to have united them. This must of came from management so I take my hat of to John and his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

CHealy wrote: »
    Holy **** that was unvelievable, the first half in particular was one of the best displays of football I've ever seen from a City team. For the first time in a long time I left Turners Cross tonight feeling like we could have taken on any team in the world tonight.

Yes up there with beating Shels 4-1 in 2011 and 3-0 on Georgie & Flynn's debut. It doesn't get much better than this.

Nice of Dundalk to get a 0-0 tonight, even against 10 men for the second half!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

a glimmer of a chance for city, but need dundalk to drop more points and quick

These are the chances that we need to take, tonight is a must win, and the biggest game of the season by far.

Yup. Tonight is 3 points or bust. It will really crank up the pressure on Dundalk.

cork leading now

0-2, another 3 points in the bag, Sully and Gaynor doing the damage!

Onwards and upwards !!!

Some handy home games this month. Away to shams is bloody huge.

dundalk slip up again even a draw makes things interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get in !!

Disgusted with soccer republic tonight. All talk about Sligo. Showed none of city's football, put up a stat and spouted out a few cliches. Marky after scoring in the last 5 games is an incredible record he didn't even get a mention. Another clean sheet not a mention. I really hope we go on and win the league now. Might get the respect we deserve.

• Advertisement

Pos087 wrote: »
    Disgusted with soccer republic tonight. All talk about Sligo. Showed none of city's football, put up a stat and spouted out a few cliches. Marky after scoring in the last 5 games is an incredible record he didn't even get a mention. Another clean sheet not a mention. I really hope we go on and win the league now. Might get the respect we deserve.

...no one likes us, no one likes us, we are City from the X !!!

Advertisement