Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

During the first propaganda mission i blew up two pick up trucks, they started floating and dancing around the place. I then fell through the floor and died. Some weird glitches in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

it really is far cry 3 thats been polished alot and got new kinds of missions and side missions. in my opinion, thats a good thing though. anyone going for platinum?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

During the first propaganda mission i blew up two pick up trucks, they started floating and dancing around the place. I then fell through the floor and died. Some weird glitches in it.

Fell tru the floor too on an outpost on a mission where i was destroying radios or something, wasnt paying attention ....go here blow stuff yup.....fell tru the floor with the wingsuit on took forever to die.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MarkY91 wrote: »
    it really is far cry 3 thats been polished alot and got new kinds of missions and side missions. in my opinion, thats a good thing though. anyone going for platinum?

I hope to plat this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

In co op you can grapple hook onto the chopper your friend is flying. So good.

• Advertisement

Guess these lads were more than just squad mates.

10258620_809799402392848_2519188309226318883_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can you only play for 1 hour if you get the keys to kyrat or can you rejoin after the hour is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Can you only play for 1 hour if you get the keys to kyrat or can you rejoin after the hour is up?

I think it's 2 hours and you get 10 so technically a person could play for 20 hours. Obviously you'd have to invite after every 2 hours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In order to get a supressor, I'm guessing you have to unlock the towers? I want to get one for the sniper rifle but it has an x on it.

I'm loving this game. It's one of the only open world games where I get easily distracted and try and go to all the ? area's, unlock things. Just a load of fun. playing in co op is great too.

On a random note.. saw an eagle carry a goat off. Just the wonderful random stuff that goes on. Actually have it recorded somewhere.

• Advertisement

In order to get a supressor, I'm guessing you have to unlock the towers? I want to get one for the sniper rifle but it has an x on it.

Think the AMR is the only one with a suppressor on it, im miles away from getting it.

X means it has no attachment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Think the AMR is the only one with a suppressor on it, im miles away from getting it.

X means it has no attachment.

I've got a suppressor on a sniper rifle since quite early on in the game, not sure which one it is off hand.

There's a 623MB update on PS4, anyone know what that's for?

I've got a suppressor on a sniper rifle since quite early on in the game, not sure which one it is off hand.

Can yah check I have the SVD and its brutal :pac:

tok9 wrote: »
    On a random note.. saw an eagle carry a goat off. Just the wonderful random stuff that goes on. Actually have it recorded somewhere.

And here it is with some poor language!:)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can yah check I have the SVD and its brutal :pac:

M-700. It's not the most powerful but it's quiet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

20 bucks extra for the gold ed. Is it worth it? I saw that and Im begining to think I should wait for a sale as 80 seems a bit steep.

So I had to assassinate this guy and send a photo on to confirm his identity...

329228.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My driving is shockingly bad, so those little choppers are a gift. I find I could easily spend an hour or two on this without actually getting anything done.

I love this game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

7MyMzQ_thumb.jpg

This guy self immolated.

There was a karma mission to release a prisoner. I approached the building, and could see the prisoner but no guard. I wandered down to him, but wasn't prompted to release him. He sat down on his own, began moving the gas can all over himself. I looked away at a distant enemy, only to hear him say "all things must end", causing me to glance back and find he had set himself on fire.

I'm guessing this won't quite be in the Chinese release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Help!

I lost my bow and I don't know where to buy a new one!

Morbert wrote: »
    Help!

I lost my bow and I don't know where to buy a new one!

one of the many trade posts

one of the many trade posts

That's what I thought but I can't see a bow as an option anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

That's what I thought but I can't see a bow as an option anywhere.

Scroll down on the weapon menu, its on the bottom line.

Scroll down on the weapon menu, its on the bottom line.

Wow, thanks! I didn't know you could scroll down.

They also sell an improved bow. A Godsend.

Wow, thanks! I didn't know you could scroll down.

They also sell an improved bow. A Godsend.

Took me a while to realise that too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ffs this is evil

so everybody loves letting a wild tiger or leopard loose in a camp. Well there is a medium level camp where they have a few hunters and a few captured tigers.

naturally I thought I'll free the tigers and let them cause havoc while I sneak around the back and takedown the heavy.

suddenly all the alarms trip and I got jumped by the two tigers and everything and anything is trying to kill me.

I thought my game bugged out cause it was telling me the tiger was a hunter by the tag over it.

then it dawned.

Hunters can tame animals, I freed the tigers but until I kill the hunters they were more of a danger to me then to the soldiers.

awesome twist on the tried and tested route of far cry 3.

Still enjoying it, still doing side quests over the main campaign. One annoyance to add.

sometimes on pc the picking up of objects or reading of notes is very fiddly requiring stupidly accurate aiming to activate.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    sometimes on pc the picking up of objects or reading of notes is very fiddly requiring stupidly accurate aiming to activate.

Same on console, trying to pick up something from a dead body and you start throwing guns around the place. I had to pick one up and move it because he was beside the door of his vehicle and I kept opening the door and hopping in :rolleyes:

Im having too much fun doing all the side stuff instead of campaign.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm getting sidetracked an awful lot. I had to get stuck into the story a bit earlier, it's actually a tricky enough game, much tougher than FC3 IMO. I'm trying to do as much of it as stealthily as I can, there was one mission, kill or be killed I think it's called, I was killed... a lot :pac:
    In my defence I was being ripped off by the game, I'd kill one lad with a throwing knife, there's nobody anywhere near him yet they all somehow know I'm there, it can be a right pain in the arse like that.

Advertisement