Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Far Cry 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So can someone fill me in on a Co-op question?

When a friend joins your game does he spawn with his own single player gear or is it just what the host has access to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

the only stuff you can make progress on is money / items / skills / craftings. Any progress otherwise (collectibles, missions, outposts, ect) isn't saved for you. You aren't in your game, you are in the Hosts, so you are helping him with his game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do I craft syringes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

How do I craft syringes?

Press R1 on the weapon wheel to bring up the syringe wheel, if you have the required flowers there will be an option to craft them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Press R1 on the weapon wheel to bring up the syringe wheel, if you have the required flowers there will be an option to craft them.

huh?

on the pc syringes are autocrafted after you've unlocked the skill for the specific syringe and pick the flowers.

pretty much gives you infinite medkits if you harvest a tonne of green flowers as they'll autocraft everytime you use a medkit.

So far I'm torn on it

It's buggy as hell in a lot of areas. I had to restart the first balance of power mission a few times because the game would get confused when I did a nearby outpost or tower and lose the marker for the actual mission and nothing would happen when I arrived at the location (and all the enemy soldiers on the map disappear).

I've also had odd deaths where i've been launched into the sky while using the wingsuit or grapple on numerous occasions.

But bugs aside there are little things that I like and some that I dislike.

The variety of animals initially looks appealing but it's ridiculous how quickly you can find them all and level up all your gear. With the exception of the ones needing snow leopards I have gotten all the gear to the final stage (where it's a unique quest chain) and I've barely travelled past the first outpost.

Also they can be too plentiful in some ways and interact too much with the local forces. Trying to hunt a rhino using only a bow constantly gets ruined by local rebels attacking it with guns.

Eagles are the worse though. Not for attacking you, no they just constantly agro anyone with a gun near them. So I am constantly reacting to a potential attack every time I spawn in a camp or driving along only to find it's some idiots shooting at an eagle. Including one time when I was trying to take a camp undetected and thought I got spotted cause the whole camp started shooting in my direction.

because there was an eagle over me.

f*cking eagles are everywhere and constantly draw attention.

Tigers are great though. They are fairly rare and in specific areas and they actually act right. Coming in quick killing someone/thing and then sprinting away stupidly fast. Every other animal can be chased down but tigers you need to actually either trap or get in close (where you'll take a tonne of damage) to kill.

Overall the animals feel less like wildlife in far cry 3 and more specifically like a whole faction to themselves, they are over abundant, suffer mostly from bad a.i (most of them will get hit by an arrow and run a short distance away then stop if they dont see you. You can kill rhinos and elephants by stalking them and putting an hour into them every 20 metres til they go down) Also despite being more, they feel less varied then 3. There's not a lot I'd put on par with the crocs or sharks from FC3 and the birds are just a nuisance.

Aside from that the bell towers are better then the propaganda towers, mostly because they're treated more like little bases then just climbing puzzles. So you got to fight through a few guys (just 1 or 2 initially, later snipers, jeeps, morters etc) before you do the climbing part. I still like the climbing part, it's oddly relaxing and a much needed break in both games.

I love the grapple it adds to the climbing which is one of the few satisfying climbing mechanics in a fps. When it doesnt bug out it can be a lot of fun.

It's become more GTA jungle with the side missions, they now have *more* to them with there being your standard do this for money and gear side missions and then side missions with full on intro cutscenes with some cooky character/s The side characters are fun and ott which is a welcome to the far too serious and far too unlikeable main mission givers. But the missions themselves are also bigger, the propaganda camps in particular are like extra basecamps.

As for the main meat, the camps and campaign missions. The camps are still as fun as they were in 3. The new hunters add a great mix to the variety of soldiers, did feel a bit of a deja vu with some camps feeling very similar to the ones in 3. But I feel the difficulty has been massively spiked if you dont opt for a stealth approach. I've only not stealth on one base and the second the alarm got hit I got swarmed by the reinforcements and died a quick death.

Main campaign missions I have little to say as of right now because despite putting a fair chunk of two days into the game I've not gotten very far in the main game. Only up to the 2nd balance of power choice, instead I've been exploring which is the game's biggest strength with all the dynamic events (and awesome convoys to attack) I've very slowly edged across the map.

The other factor delaying my progress is...

well the game runs like a dog

My computer struggles to keep 60fps, even with the settings toned down massively. Its weird too as if I am in a gunfight the fps is solid as a rock, it's only when driving or trekking long distances does it take a kicking. Which has made me reluctant to make long journeys and to go slowly across the map camp by camp, village by village. And I dont have a sh*te machine. It can handle BF4 without issue and I've been able to go solidly this whole year without needing to do any tweaking with any of this year's major releases. The only other game that gives my machine as much of a kicking as far cry 4 is arma 3 multiplayer (singleplayer is fine).

it's actually getting silly how badly the game runs. I cant use gun turrets as it turns into a slideshow when I do (also weird, cause it doesnt feel like a framerate issue, it's just how the movement seems to be coded. I should record a video so people can see).

Overall it's a solid time consuming fun game. It's not as much of a giddy wow factor as fc3. But I think it would be hard to recreate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I miss Vaas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Found out while playing co-op (and I imagine the single player) that you can grapple onto the gyrocopter which is brilliant fun! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spent 4 hours reinstalling it last night after a BSOD

Uplay said it had no internet(200mb UPC) to download it, no space on SSD (150Gb free).
    Finally downloaded it, wouldnt run after I click new game.(saves lost)
    Crashed, removed HIDs, Ran as Admin, Verified game files ( wouldnt verify)

Around 11pm it verified and worked, so back to start for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Overall it's a solid time consuming fun game. It's not as much of a giddy wow factor as fc3. But I think it would be hard to recreate that.

I pretty much agree with everything you said there, in particular about the animals. FC3 made you feel a bit more like a hunter, where as now you're just culling an over abundant animal population.

But it still has it's moments. There aren't many games where you can say you took out an entire enemy encampment with a single arrow to an elephant's arse. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya the green health potions craft themselves which is nice, I had a load of red/blue leaves farmed yesterday and a rhino appears from no where and kills and when I restarted all the leaves were gone :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

During the first propaganda mission i blew up two pick up trucks, they started floating and dancing around the place. I then fell through the floor and died. Some weird glitches in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

it really is far cry 3 thats been polished alot and got new kinds of missions and side missions. in my opinion, thats a good thing though. anyone going for platinum?

During the first propaganda mission i blew up two pick up trucks, they started floating and dancing around the place. I then fell through the floor and died. Some weird glitches in it.

Fell tru the floor too on an outpost on a mission where i was destroying radios or something, wasnt paying attention ....go here blow stuff yup.....fell tru the floor with the wingsuit on took forever to die.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    it really is far cry 3 thats been polished alot and got new kinds of missions and side missions. in my opinion, thats a good thing though. anyone going for platinum?

I hope to plat this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

In co op you can grapple hook onto the chopper your friend is flying. So good.

• Advertisement

Guess these lads were more than just squad mates.

10258620_809799402392848_2519188309226318883_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can you only play for 1 hour if you get the keys to kyrat or can you rejoin after the hour is up?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Can you only play for 1 hour if you get the keys to kyrat or can you rejoin after the hour is up?

I think it's 2 hours and you get 10 so technically a person could play for 20 hours. Obviously you'd have to invite after every 2 hours.

In order to get a supressor, I'm guessing you have to unlock the towers? I want to get one for the sniper rifle but it has an x on it.

I'm loving this game. It's one of the only open world games where I get easily distracted and try and go to all the ? area's, unlock things. Just a load of fun. playing in co op is great too.

On a random note.. saw an eagle carry a goat off. Just the wonderful random stuff that goes on. Actually have it recorded somewhere.

• Advertisement

In order to get a supressor, I'm guessing you have to unlock the towers? I want to get one for the sniper rifle but it has an x on it.

Think the AMR is the only one with a suppressor on it, im miles away from getting it.

X means it has no attachment.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Think the AMR is the only one with a suppressor on it, im miles away from getting it.

X means it has no attachment.

I've got a suppressor on a sniper rifle since quite early on in the game, not sure which one it is off hand.

There's a 623MB update on PS4, anyone know what that's for?

I've got a suppressor on a sniper rifle since quite early on in the game, not sure which one it is off hand.

Can yah check I have the SVD and its brutal :pac:

tok9 wrote: »
    On a random note.. saw an eagle carry a goat off. Just the wonderful random stuff that goes on. Actually have it recorded somewhere.

And here it is with some poor language!:)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can yah check I have the SVD and its brutal :pac:

M-700. It's not the most powerful but it's quiet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

20 bucks extra for the gold ed. Is it worth it? I saw that and Im begining to think I should wait for a sale as 80 seems a bit steep.

So I had to assassinate this guy and send a photo on to confirm his identity...

329228.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My driving is shockingly bad, so those little choppers are a gift. I find I could easily spend an hour or two on this without actually getting anything done.

I love this game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

7MyMzQ_thumb.jpg

This guy self immolated.

There was a karma mission to release a prisoner. I approached the building, and could see the prisoner but no guard. I wandered down to him, but wasn't prompted to release him. He sat down on his own, began moving the gas can all over himself. I looked away at a distant enemy, only to hear him say "all things must end", causing me to glance back and find he had set himself on fire.

I'm guessing this won't quite be in the Chinese release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Help!

I lost my bow and I don't know where to buy a new one!

Morbert wrote: »
    Help!

I lost my bow and I don't know where to buy a new one!

one of the many trade posts

one of the many trade posts

That's what I thought but I can't see a bow as an option anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

That's what I thought but I can't see a bow as an option anywhere.

Scroll down on the weapon menu, its on the bottom line.

Scroll down on the weapon menu, its on the bottom line.

Wow, thanks! I didn't know you could scroll down.

They also sell an improved bow. A Godsend.

Wow, thanks! I didn't know you could scroll down.

They also sell an improved bow. A Godsend.

Took me a while to realise that too :D

ffs this is evil

so everybody loves letting a wild tiger or leopard loose in a camp. Well there is a medium level camp where they have a few hunters and a few captured tigers.

naturally I thought I'll free the tigers and let them cause havoc while I sneak around the back and takedown the heavy.

suddenly all the alarms trip and I got jumped by the two tigers and everything and anything is trying to kill me.

I thought my game bugged out cause it was telling me the tiger was a hunter by the tag over it.

then it dawned.

Hunters can tame animals, I freed the tigers but until I kill the hunters they were more of a danger to me then to the soldiers.

awesome twist on the tried and tested route of far cry 3.

Still enjoying it, still doing side quests over the main campaign. One annoyance to add.

sometimes on pc the picking up of objects or reading of notes is very fiddly requiring stupidly accurate aiming to activate.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    sometimes on pc the picking up of objects or reading of notes is very fiddly requiring stupidly accurate aiming to activate.

Same on console, trying to pick up something from a dead body and you start throwing guns around the place. I had to pick one up and move it because he was beside the door of his vehicle and I kept opening the door and hopping in :rolleyes:

Im having too much fun doing all the side stuff instead of campaign.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm getting sidetracked an awful lot. I had to get stuck into the story a bit earlier, it's actually a tricky enough game, much tougher than FC3 IMO. I'm trying to do as much of it as stealthily as I can, there was one mission, kill or be killed I think it's called, I was killed... a lot :pac:
    In my defence I was being ripped off by the game, I'd kill one lad with a throwing knife, there's nobody anywhere near him yet they all somehow know I'm there, it can be a right pain in the arse like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Get side tracked alot myself. The Shangri la missions are awesome.

Have to agree that stealth seems really screwed up with how the enemy AI handles it. That and animals being bullet sponges are my only gripes tho.

there are a lot of minor nitpicks

like the radio is incredibly repetitive. If I hear about the dj's clean as a whistle arse one more time I'm going to go and shoot him instead of doing his missions.

Also on stealth, there is a cool hostage rescue mission later on where I tried to take out the two guards at the entrance by doing a takedown from above on one and throwing a knife at the second. But no matter how I did it they'd get alerted when I threw the knife.

Opted just to bolt the two of them with arrows and that didnt set anything off.

really enjoying this, got killed bya ****ing honey badger earlier. Completed a mission and in bits and a ****ign honey badger looked at me and killed me.

i will end the life of every ****ing one of them i come across.

bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd say 90% of my deaths were because of animals.

Rhinos are bastards

• Advertisement

Also I entered my blood ruby code into the ubisoft website or where ever your meant to donanx they said theyd email me with further instructions and they still haven't, this happen anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Rhinos are bastards

I got the 'shredder' sub machine gun. Makes short work of all animals. It's nearly like a cheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have a spare code (PS4) for Hurks Redemption and a Harpoon Gun.
    PM me if anyone wants it.

Code now gone to a good home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

anyone know what it means when theres a little area shaded in blue/turquoise on the minimap?

i look around and cant see anything.

anyone know what it means when theres a little area shaded in blue/turquoise on the minimap?

i look around and cant see anything.

You have to find a mask in the blue area, when you start hearing a kinda huming noise your close to the mask and when you find it destroy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement