Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options
  • 18-01-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Announcement on Friday, any ideas on who'll play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

JamieHP wrote: »
    Announcement on Friday, any ideas on who'll play?
    A lot of bands that people will say "they're not big enough to headline", followed by complaints that "it's not as good as the first year".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hopefully either prodigy, chemical Bros or both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Shedite27 wrote: »
    A lot of bands that people will say "they're not big enough to headline", followed by complaints that "it's not as good as the first year".

And just general complaints of "this lineup sucks".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just looking at MCD's upcoming gigs, Jungle have a sold out Olympia show, so they're probably booked for this too, as they did EP last year and those are MCD's only festivals that would suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

There seems to be a bit of a switching around between Longitude and Electric Picnic where the small bands that played Longitude that no one knew about and have gotten a lot bigger go to EP the next year to be bigger billed (London Grammar, SOHN, Flume, Laura Mvula), and vice versa, lesser known acts play EP get popular and go on to do Longitude (Disclosure, le galaxie, CHVRCHES, Sam Smith, 1975).

So yeah for Longitude I'd see the lineup including Jungle, Clean Bandit, Wolf Alice, Rustie, Walking On Cars, maybe a Dimitri From Paris?

A sneaky Damon Albarn headliner or The Black Keys (we can dream!) would be awesome though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Alt-J would be a good shout. Their gig in September was MCD I think and they're playing some festivals over the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hozier, Alt J and The Chemical Brothers are the three headliners. Caribou, Wild Beasts, SBTRKT, Kaytranada, Little Dragon, Jungle, Young Fathers, Hudson Mohawke all announced also. Not a bad line up to be fair, don't think I'll be here for it this year though. Was hoping one or two of them would be announced for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hozier, Alt J and The Chemical Brothers are the three headliners. Caribou, Wild Beasts, SBTRKT, Kaytranada, Little Dragon, Jungle, Young Fathers, Hudson Mohawke all announced also. Not a bad line up to be fair, don't think I'll be here for it this year though. Was hoping one or two of them would be announced for EP.

Is it entirely inconceivable that one or two could not play EP? Still think the likes of hozier and alt j might play EP. Fingers crossed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There wasn't much crossover last year as far as I can remember, Greg Wilson, Krystal Klear and Le Galaxie are the only ones I can think of who played at both although there might be one or two more. There seems to be more crossover with the picnic of previous years, i.e acts who played at EP '14 go on to play Longitude '15. Was hoping to get Caribou and The Chemical Brothers at Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

Wolf Alice and Chem Bros will sate me for now. Hope Wolf Alice play the Sunday too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

How much are tickets for the weekend usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mongo wrote: »
    How much are tickets for the weekend usually?

Usually about 150 I think.

Think I'll go on the Saturday this year. Been wanting to see Alt-J but kept missing them, and plus it's very handy for me to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Here's the poster with ticket info

B8CbGvuCEAEy5U2.jpg?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

I was really hoping that chemical brothers would play EP.
    still il be there for them sunday. great live act

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

will wait until there's some sort of day breakdowns before deciding to go.
    if I could avoid having to go the Friday, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

avoid hosepipe like the plague. scruffy git

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Disappointed with the headliners, especially Alt-J.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

As by-the-book as lineup gets. Pure chancers putting that gob****e Hozier as a headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think I can safely say that I'll be giving this festival a miss again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Like the look of that line-up. Would really love to see the Chem brothers, Alt J and Wolf.

When do they announce the day breakdown?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

God that's a terrible lineup so far ..not one band I would like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

For contrast , I am super excited about this line up.

Chemical brothers are the best electronic band ever.

Alt-j were so impressive in the point last year. It was their biggest gig at the time and both audience and band appreciated it. By July they will be accustomed to it but I think they will still give an excellent rendition of their past two albums

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Should it not be The Chemical Brother rather than brothers, as its only one touring kinda like Leftfield in 2010 EP and RockNess.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

happy enough with that line up. more to come also. cant see the breakdown being announced till few weeks before festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Saruwatari wrote: »
    As by-the-book as lineup gets. Pure chancers putting that gob****e Hozier as a headliner.

He'll get a serious crowd though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Caribou are playing the Saturday. A real shame that they aren't on with that single Chemical Brother character.

I'm more impressed with the lineup that last year.

Reckon I'll get a weekend ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

For people thinking of going to this the expression ´Fools are easily parted with their money´comes to mind.

Seriously what a crap line up. Especially Hozier headlining :confused::confused:
    That´ll be a lively end to the evening. He´s playing support for the Foo Fighters in an afternoon slot....and that´s where he belongs I reckon.

For people thinking of going to this the expression ´Fools are easily parted with their money´comes to mind.

Seriously what a crap line up. Especially Hozier headlining :confused::confused:
    That´ll be a lively end to the evening. He´s playing support for the Foo Fighters in an afternoon slot....and that´s where he belongs I reckon.
    This be the Grammy award nominated Hozier yeah?

Typical Irish begrudger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This be the Grammy award nominated Hozier yeah?

Typical Irish begrudger

So what if he was nominated for a Grammy, they're not the most adventurous crowd.

I and many others find him insufferably boring and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he is Irish.

Advertisement