Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time 10th March 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

What kind of frickin gun was the big thing with the torch?? An assault automatic gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pbthevet

John_Rambo wrote: »
    What kind of frickin gun was the big thing with the torch?? An assault automatic gun?

Converted .22lr ruger 10/22

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭clawback07

Can someone enlighten me as to Mr Egans' points on semimauto shotguns - it sounded like the shooting fraternity would be happy to cut them out of the Irish shooting scene ? It came across in that way to me , tell me I'm wrong please !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I've been tweeting away to Finian, Miriam & Prime Time using the hashtags #rtept and #guns.

Get tweeting lads!

pbthevet wrote: »

Looked like something you'd see on a SWAT team member. Do you know why someone would want one of them? Target practice?? It looked fairly bad ass sitting their on the table. Overkill. Do you fellas/girls own converted guns like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Strider wrote: »
    Look at Sparks' post...this is one of the best spokespeople out there for the sport and he's telling you he couldn't have countered the freedom that McGrath was given.

Actually I'm saying they wouldn't have let me into the interview segment.
    McGrath is very counterable, but they weren't about to interview someone who would do it.
    That program was rigged from the get-go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

And brevik used a ruger mini 14 in .223. But just because it was tricked up like the one on primetime the assocation is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

clawback07 wrote: »
    Can someone enlighten me as to Mr Egans' points on semimauto shotguns - it sounded like the shooting fraternity would be happy to cut them out of the Irish shooting scene ? It came across in that way to me , tell me I'm wrong please !

You are wrong,he was trying to make a point and wasshouted over by Mc Grath and O Callaghan.
    Buthen again I did say this afternoon........t

For those who have seen Wille in action in a court room, he goes into minuete details...The credits will be rolling before he gets halfway to answering the first question..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Sparks, he got lost in his notes at one stage. Sorry if he's a friend of yours, but he faltered and didn't get to make his points.

I don't know him personally, but I find it very hard to blame him for the way Prime Time acted.

Twitter is seriously kicking off over the last twenty minutes or so. My keyboard doesn't know what's going on...

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    I don't know him personally, but I find it very hard to blame him for the way Prime Time acted.

Fair enough. It was fairly hammed up. The deer hunters were great. I'm starving now.

Heckler wrote: »
    And brevik used a ruger mini 14 in .223. But just because it was tricked up like the one on primetime the assocation is made.

Right I see. Who modifies/dresses up a gun like that though? It looked bad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

OzCam wrote: »
    When you're up against someone like McGrath, who will say anything to scare people into voting for him, you need to be a lot sharper. And you have to interrupt to challenge fantasy numbers if necessary.

You could excuse somethings but when you know you are goingg up against someone that centres on three main issues:
    • Mass shooting
    • Amount of firearms (legal or therwise)
    • Public safety
    You go prepared to focus on those. I mean we know how McGrath has acted in review meetings so none of what he said was new to us or should have been to someone that was preparing to go into an interview with him.

I've never loss faith in our ability to withstand this attack on our sport, till now.
    John_Rambo wrote:
    It was fairly hammed up. The deer hunters were great. I'm starving now.
    Had no relevance to the topic and they should have reused to bring them. Cunningham my arse. Deer hunting is not something that is going to be adversely affected (if at all) and they (RTE) merely wanted the "kill shot" for the program.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

what a complete load of fcuking sh1te.... this was rigged typical rte you couldnt make that stuff up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Twitter is seriously kicking off over the last twenty minutes or so. My keyboard doesn't know what's going on...
    i see your getting an awful hard time over there. So many trolls.

also folks , I have the primetime downloaded and will post on youtube later , so it will keep after it is taken off the rte player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Very few I would guess. And I don't know why. It was simply used by RTE to show a scary black "assault" looking rifle and make the public think they were everywhere.

Heckler wrote: »
    Very few I would guess. And I don't know why. It was simply used by RTE to show a scary black "assault" looking rifle and make the public think they were everywhere.

Well, it worked. I mean it really stood out.

Surprised they didn't march out an AK47 or one of the stolen Grenades (you know, the firearms that were stolen) :rolleyes:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭mrbrianj

Actually not as bad as I was expecting.

CS Healy - did he lie or just misrepresent the truth? Olympic standard makey uppy again.

McGrath just told lies - and his argument makes no sense, 150,000 illegal guns so let's ban 1200 legally held and secure handguns

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

pbthevet wrote: »

I'm independent and that weapon will have been the cruncher for the ordinary joe soap!

• Advertisement

Got to ask if it was liscensed...wHy is it in Garda custody???? And if it was restricted it is irrevelant whats its mag capacity is or what silly bells and whistles are on it.Thats the whole point of having a restricted liscense....Scare tactics by AGS.
    Second point a counter attack on Mc Grath.Mention that this guy as a smoker wants to repeal the cigg ban in pubs and allow him and his fellow nicotine addicts to pollute us with seconfd hand smoke. his cancer sticks kill more people per month here than guns ever did,and he wants to lecture to US about the danger of guns???

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Cass wrote: »
    Had no relevance to the topic and they should have reused to bring them.
    Apparently the WDAI did, so Prime Time went with someone else, if I'm reading the WDAI facebook page right.

mrbrianj wrote: »
    150,000 illegal guns ....
    Not directed at you, but NO THERE IS NOT.

They cannot say because:
    • As illegal firearms there is no way to track the amount
    • As illegal firearms they are not registered
    • PULSE cannot keep track of legal firearms
    • PULSE cannot distinguish what is a real gun

there was one more, what was it it, oh yeah. The figure came from WIKIPEDIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

McGrath the toerag is just one on a panel who are not all opposed to us. He has shown himself to be a mouth piece who isnt too worried about facts. Healey is the organ grinder and McGrath is his dancing monkey.

There are those on the committee who are will listen to out points and have enough gumption to see that AGS are bending the facts and that RTE are state funded and run

Apparently the WDAI did, so Prime Time went with someone else, if I'm reading the WDAI facebook page right.

And the fact that a deer association refused did not set off alarm bells, or are people really that anxious to have their faces on the telly? :mad:

mrbrianj wrote: »
    CS Healy - did he lie or just misrepresent the truth?
    That would be the question for the judge in the defamation case if you said he was lying.
    Olympic standard makey uppy again.
    Yup. Doesn't exist. (Said the qualified ISSF judge for feck's sakes).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Got to ask if it was liscensed...wHy is it in Garda custody???? And if it was restricted it is irrevelant whats its mag capacity is or what silly bells and whistles are on it.Thats the whole point of having a restricted liscense....Scare tactics by AGS.
    Second point a counter attack on Mc Grath.Mention that this guy as a smoker wants to repeal the cigg ban in pubs and allow him and his fellow nicotine addicts to pollute us with seconfd hand smoke. his cancer sticks kill more people per month here than guns ever did,and he wants to lecture to US about the danger of guns???

Will be interesting to see if the shooting story (hatchet job) has legs.

IMHO vastly overshadowed by IRA sex abuse/ mortgage arrears stories.

All due respect, it's not the point. If only shooters watched the program i'd still be pissed off that those in "authority" thought that was their best face, their best chance to counter the falsehoods, etc.

It was a shambles. Chances are it's only served to turn more people against us and however unfair it was is irrelevant. It went as it did and unless someone can turn back the clock it's out there now.

yubabill1 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if the shooting story (hatchet job) has legs.

IMHO vastly overshadowed by IRA sex abuse/ mortgage arrears stories.

PRECISELY!!! What is more important in Joe Publics mind ,guns or keeping a roof over their heads or a lot of sacandals attached to an up and coming political party that could possibly become a one party majority dictatorship in this state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

NARGC's take on it from FB;
    Cannot believe this from RTE Primetime .A very bias report

As if the rest of us didn't see how it would go down.

Advertisement