Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eh, Mary Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sana charity shop have opened in Abbeygate St, where Olga's Repairs was before going two doors up the street. Sign on the door says they're support orphans in ... ahh, Bosnia? somewhere like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

swiftman wrote: »
    I was having a look online on justeat
    They have new fastfood place called tasty macs. After having a look i can't find where in Galway city the location is

Seem that they have shops in mayo, Limerick and Galway county

There's one out in Clarinbridge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

There's one out in Clarinbridge anyway.

One in Gort as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sana charity shop have opened in Abbeygate St, where Olga's Repairs was before going two doors up the street. Sign on the door says they're support orphans in ... ahh, Bosnia? somewhere like that.

They were already beside the former Sweetie Pies shop on Middle St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Fahy Foto are closing down at the end of November according to their Facebook page. They have been trading for 37 years.

A ladies shoes shop is going to open there in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Paddyfield wrote: »
    Fahy Foto are closing down at the end of November according to their Facebook page. They have been trading for 37 years.

A ladies shoes shop is going to open there in the New Year.

I've seen that unit up for rent on daft for ages, didn't know they were still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

swiftman wrote: »
    I was having a look online on justeat
    They have new fastfood place called tasty macs. After having a look i can't find where in Galway city the location is

Seem that they have shops in mayo, Limerick and Galway county
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Eh, Mary Street.

It's one company using different names on the just eat website to try and garner more business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Sofa King wrote: »
    It's one company using different names on the just eat website to try and garner more business.

And there food is pure muck

paconnors wrote: »
    And there food is pure muck

The fact they actually have three different names on the just eat website for one premises in order to gain extra business says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

The fact they actually have three different names on the just eat website for one premises in order to gain extra business says it all really.

Just eat shouldn't allow it, only one site per premises

The Tasty Macs in Gort seems to be closed.

I had a look on the just eat website and it's gone from there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I noticed a Suit Republic Outlet in Liosban today, beside Elvery Sports.

This might be just a relocation, since I think they were in Briarhill before, so not sure if this is a second outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I noticed a Suit Republic Outlet in Liosban today, beside Elvery Sports.

This might be just a relocation, since I think they were in Briarhill before, so not sure if this is a second outlet.

They moved from briarhill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The Connacht Sentinel newspaper is to cease publication. The other publications in the newspaper group are not affected. Staff were informed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

ErnieBert wrote: »
    The Connacht Sentinel newspaper is to cease publication. The other publications in the newspaper group are not affected. Staff were informed yesterday.

Wow. When is this happening?

Wow. When is this happening?

Not such a wow, IMHO.

Sentienal = small paper that comes out on Tuesday. The one that the council etc use to bury news and announcements that they have to put out but don't want people to see.

Not the Tribune = bigger paper from the same company that comes out on Thurs/Friday, with separate city and county versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Haven't taken to the Tribune since it went tabloid. It's like an expensive advertiser. I had reverted back to buying the sentinel. It had great coverage of local sport and will certainly be a loss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Not such a wow, IMHO.

Sentienal = small paper that comes out on Tuesday. The one that the council etc use to bury news and announcements that they have to put out but don't want people to see.

Not the Tribune = bigger paper from the same company that comes out on Thurs/Friday, with separate city and county versions.

This is a great shame, have been a regular reader for 25 years plus. Sentinel a great paper always loads of reading in it ,news and sport, not selling enough ads probably. It was doing 8000 copies a week maybe 10 yrs ago but thats probably halved .
    A sign of the times
    Would it not make more sense just to have one Tribune ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

youngrun wrote: »

Not really, different target markets.

• Advertisement

youngrun wrote: »

Nah, the culchie version has more regional news in it, the city one more city / arts info.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sad to see the Sentinel go, it was always nice to have a compact local paper without seeing Pat Joyce's gurning head on every second page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Pat Joyce employs a lot of people and helps pay a lot of mortgages .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

The Tasty Macs in Gort seems to be closed.

I had a look on the just eat website and it's gone from there also.

I spotted it for sale on Donedeal the other day alright, 14k they were looking for it.

What you reckon would we make a go of it? Make a few quid and retire early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Wompa1

spurshero wrote: »
    Pat Joyce employs a lot of people and helps pay a lot of mortgages .

So does Michael O'Leary, a lot more, in fact....Pat Joyce is not above criticism because??

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/shop-fined-4000-for-keeping-rotten-meat-26439074.html

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/shops-forced-to-pay-the-price-for-overcharging-customers-26361901.html

That's just a couple of the cases against them...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Lets not ruin this thread, we'll draw a line at Wompa1's post above and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Lets not ruin this thread, we'll draw a line at Wompa1's post above and move on.

Sorry for sidetracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Another jewellers opening Beside Claddagh jewellers.... Sparkle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The Anglo Irish building turning into a hostel subject to planning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Does this count? Or is it so momentous it needs its own thread? :)
    End of an era as last ever Connacht Sentinel is published

This week marks the end of an era in Galway’s newspaper history – and it equally marks the beginning of a whole new dawn. Because today’s is the last ever edition of the Connacht Sentinel, a newspaper that has been part of the fabric of Galway for close on a century.

The final Connacht Sentinel front page. The paper has been published since 1925 and ceased publication tonight. Content will be incorporated into sister paper the Galway City Tribune.

Final-Connacht-Sentinel.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement