Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,421 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A lot of renovation work been going on in the former Cuba premises the last cupla weeks.

Anyone have an idea who is taking it on? Is it going to be aimed at the student crowd again, like The Bentley?

Loved the old Cuba when I first moved to Galway, would love if it was a similar style club again, but for my own age this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

FitzShane wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea who is taking it on? Is it going to be aimed at the student crowd again, like The Bentley?

Loved the old Cuba when I first moved to Galway, would love if it was a similar style club again, but for my own age this time!

Its the Roisin Massimo crew taking it but have no idea of direction planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

The local produce shop(Molloys?) beside Coco coffee shop on eyre street seem to be closed, the unit is for rent on daft anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Galwayps wrote: »
    Its the Roisin Massimo crew taking it but have no idea of direction planned.

source?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Just saw this morning that Insomnia has gone in where La Croissanterie was in the Eyre Square shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Just saw this morning that Insomnia has gone in where La Croissanterie was in the Eyre Square shopping centre.

I saw it this morning as well, work seems to be nearly finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Noticed that internet cafe down from O'Connell's seems to be closed now when I passed today. Could have been the case for a while. Didn't notice before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's moved across to the Eyre Sq Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Noticed that internet cafe down from O'Connell's seems to be closed now when I passed today. Could have been the case for a while. Didn't notice before.
    It's moved across to the Eyre Sq Centre.

Yep since August.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Aldi have received planning permission from An Bord Pleanala to open a store in Knocknacarra. RGDATA had objected to earlier council approval.

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/243481.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

That baby shop (used to be babyworld) on the Tuam Road (towards the mail centre/kennys) is closed and has been replaced by a Christmas Shop. Just noticed it today driving past.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

The local produce shop(Molloys?) beside Coco coffee shop on eyre street seem to be closed, the unit is for rent on daft anyway.

Yes, it's all shuttered up. Pity, it was a lovely place. Great food

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Leave the pub talk in the pub folks

Gossip removed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Leave the pub talk in the pub folks

Gossip removed

Feck it I hate missing the gossip :-)

Bradley motors have taken over the old bill Cullen Renault garage. They are selling Renault and dacia from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Teshcos Galway now have:
    Click & Collect offers a free service with all the benefits of shopping online with the added convenience of picking up your groceries at a time that suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Anyone know what is going on with rouge?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MataofK

Close till Wednesday apparently ( note on the door) <unverifiable info removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What we can see

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

What we can see

I had a booking there for last Saturday to use a voucher I had gotten as a gift.

When they rang to let me know I asked them why and she said she's not allowed say? Very strange.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Apropos of nothing, here's the Revenue's list of premises (Excel Spreadsheet) who have renewed their licences in the normal way, as of November 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

snubbleste wrote: »
    Teshcos Galway now have: Click & Collect
    I've just realised this is for the Express store at Ballinfoile according to the website. Is that a mistake, anyone have inside info?
    Are the goods picked at the main store, then transferred to the express store?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Robbo wrote: »
    Apropos of nothing, here's the Revenue's list of premises (Excel Spreadsheet) who have renewed their licences in the normal way, as of November 4th.

That was a very interesting list, thank you.

Bit short of pubs in the Woodquay area though. Three missing, unless I'm mistaken. And I haven't noticed them closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Anton's to open another cafe at the Galway Business School/Cultural Institute, it is said. Arabica used to be in the same premises, iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I see the car shop in Galway Shopping Center is now replaced by a betting outlet. Did it move, or is it just gone? It's been there for as long as I can remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I see the car shop in Galway Shopping Center is now replaced by a betting outlet. Did it move, or is it just gone? It's been there for as long as I can remember...

Sign on the windows says they moved around the corner, near PTSB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Galway's second Burger King will open within the new Applegreen in Tuam Rd the beginning of February

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

D Trent wrote: »
    Galway's second Burger King will open within the new Applegreen in Tuam Rd the beginning of February

Where on the Tuam Rd is the new Applegreen being built?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Karbolt wrote: »
    Where the Renault garage was near Riverside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Karbolt wrote: »

Beside entrance to Riverside ;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

I was having a look online on justeat
    They have new fastfood place called tasty macs. After having a look i can't find where in Galway city the location is

Seem that they have shops in mayo, Limerick and Galway county

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement