Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Agreed, I See yes people everywhere with their badges and leaflets but only once did I see any no people handing out leaflets.

I think it will be a lot closer than people think

1) most people are too busy liking rants about equality and pics on facebook to actually bother voting yes
    2) Similar to the Scottish referendum where it appeared Independence was a foregone conclusion due to all the noise from the yes crowd.

Being silent with your views in public does not mean you havent got one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

OSI wrote: »
    I've had people knocking on my door all week, and getting in my face every time I exit or enter the train station. They can all **** right off at this stage.

This is my point, sorry to anyone involved in this campaign this was just an observation by me and I hope you get the results you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

This is my point, sorry to anyone involved in this campaign this was just an observation by me and I hope you get the results you are looking for.

No need for apologies! Could ye imagine if this was a vote to halve motor tax rates? Imagine the campaigning being done in here :D

* although surely nobody would vote no

environmentalists, eco warriors would vote no

environmentalists, eco warriors would vote no

There'll always be someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Well, nobody from the Motors forum would vote no.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Well, nobody from the Motors forum would vote no.

The cycling forum however....

You never know

Part of the reason huge cars are so affordable and cheap is due to the tax rates. If the tax were to go down significantly the chances of owning a second hand high specced large car would go out the window to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

You never know

Part of the reason huge cars are so affordable and cheap is due to the tax rates. If the tax were to go down significantly the chances of owning a second hand high specced large car would go out the window to most.

Unless you already own one, can these cars not be bought in the UK for cheap?

dont know, probably

• Advertisement

Unless you already own one, can these cars not be bought in the UK for cheap?

No doubt the VRT would be bumped up at the same time tax goes down.

On a different note. My traction control has been faulty since I bought my car in November. Diagnosed it myself as a faulty pressure sensor on my ABS unit. This was confirmed by my mechanic. So I left it off until I could afford the repair, but lo and behold, the traction control is back working fine since last week! Any idea how this could have magically fixed itself?

I managed to lose my licence between home and the polling station. Can't find it at all. You'd swear I voted no!

Edit: Was found and returned! That was quick. Was convincing myself I dropped it into the ballot box :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I managed to lose my licence between home and the polling station. Can't find it at all. You'd swear I voted no!

I didn't get a card and need to figure out which polling station to go to

Stheno wrote: »
    I didn't get a card and need to figure out which polling station to go to

Its usually the closest primary school isint it?/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ours varies between two different ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

dorgasm wrote: »
    On a different note. My traction control has been faulty since I bought my car in November. Diagnosed it myself as a faulty pressure sensor on my ABS unit. This was confirmed by my mechanic. So I left it off until I could afford the repair, but lo and behold, the traction control is back working fine since last week! Any idea how this could have magically fixed itself?

BMW's. They're like the tide, it comes in, it goes out. You can't explain that :pac:

well you can really, its caused due to the moons gravitational pull

BMW's. They're like the tide, it comes in, it goes out. You can't explain that :pac:

Think that's what I'll put it down to before it breaks again.
    well you can really, its caused due to the moons gravitational pull

You need to brush up on your Bill O'Reilly!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lads I've a 2011 pessat cc up for the nct Monday, warning came on last night for one of the lights above the reg plate at the back

Assuming Halfords is the best bet for getting this? could do without failing on a poxy light!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Lads I've a 2011 pessat cc up for the nct Monday, warning came on last night for one of the lights above the reg plate at the back

Assuming Halfords is the best bet for getting this? could do without failing on a poxy light!

Its a fail advisory :)

• Advertisement

Ugh, hopefully Halfords have the bulb, could do without going to a VW dealership and paying through the nose last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Not this year for me anyway. There is a old primary school(community centre now) 200 meters down the road from me and this year with the polling card was a letter saying we have to vote in a place 2 miles away when the community centre is still open for other people. Fúcking countrys fúcked with that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

D'Agger wrote: »
    Ugh, hopefully Halfords have the bulb, could do without going to a VW dealership and paying through the nose last minute

I think Steno meant a fail advisory which afaik means you will still get a cert if that's all that's wrong.

Think its a fail refusal if they are saying it needs testing again (with fault fixed) to pass

Open to correction though

Can someone confirm if im wrong or right????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

It will pass if the reg plate lights are not working, but yes, you will get an advisory.

Old diesel wrote: »
    I think Steno meant a fail advisory which afaik means you will still get a cert if that's all that's wrong.

Think its a fail refusal if they are saying it needs testing again (with fault fixed) to pass

Open to correction though

Can someone confirm if im wrong or right????
    Ahhh

You'll have to excuse my ignorance....this is my first NCT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well, la de da :pac:.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Well, la de da :pac:.
    Last time I was due for the NCT I ended up having a cast on my hand for 4 weeks - gave the mother the car for the month, told her to drive safe and ring me when she got home

Soon as I got the call I told her the NCT was due in a weeks time :D Poor mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Stunning restored e30.

fxyP5BG.jpg

The life of a mechanics baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Spotted a 2009 Ford Focus ST in town today. Noticed 'L' plates on them, thought to myself how lucky some young lad must be.. Then I looked closer and seen that the guy was doing his driving test!!

When I went to do the test in the Mondeo the first thing he said was "this engine is too powerful for a Learner driver" .. I can only imagine what he said to him :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement