Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

flutered wrote: »
    due to the fact that i had to get a wheelchair acess vehicle, my 01 passat estate redi is for sale, i got it last dec and i have babyed it, the tax is up at the end of nov, tested until june, i think the milage is around 177k, i never went over 60 in it, my milage would be around 6k for the year, it was imported in 06 i think, i am the second owner since. no pics as yet due to 0.12 broadband upload, its nice and clean, needs a valet, and the air directional thingy above the radio, sound system, and climate control, no skylight which is a pity imo, had the fuel and air filter changed last month, the oil and filter for the test, any one interested let me know.

I don't think anybody is gonna be interested until you get a price and some pics up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

That's really bad broadband!
    due to the fact that i had to get a wheelchair acess vehicle, my 01 passat estate redi is for sale, i got it last dec and i have babyed it, the tax is up at the end of nov, tested until june, i think the milage is around 177k, i never went over 60 in it, my milage would be around 6k for the year, it was imported in 06 i think, i am the second owner since. no pics as yet due to 0.12 broadband upload, its nice and clean, needs a valet, and the air directional thingy above the radio, sound system, and climate control, no skylight which is a pity imo, had the fuel and air filter changed last month, the oil and filter for the test, any one interested let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

This is not how you sell a car;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

2007 C5 1.6 hdi with NCT 4/15 for 1950 euro

Too cheap?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c-5-1-6-hdi-nct-15/7740495

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Something fishy about that. Buying a 2007 diesel for less then 2k should not be possible.

NCT is legit anyway. The fact the back is hidden away so well suggests something wrong there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Same seller has same car as damaged/repairable with no price!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

wonski wrote: »
    seen as i am on a hospital trolly its the best that i can do, so please instead of the critism and the smilie, leave things alone, there is an old saying if one cannot praise then one should not critise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

seen as i am on a hospital trolly its the best that i can do, so please instead of the critism and the smilie, leave things alone, there is an old saying if one cannot praise then one should not critise.

Not here, it doesn't! But no worries, if it's good, it'll sell and while feedback here can be a bit direct, it's usually well meant.
    Get well soon.

wonski wrote: »

Then you shouldn't be posting here looking for opinions. As unhelpful as that particular post was, criticism has to be expected and accepted when it's fair.

Basically, the key to a good car ad is:

Lots of pictures, be honest about the cars condition. Avoid useless slogans(first to see will buy blah blah blah), include any relevant information(service history, owners, NCT, etc).

I wish you all the best in your recovery, focus on that and then come ask us car nerds for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

CianRyan wrote: »
    I really want this, the original roof rack, dog gaurd and boot liner just do it for me!
    It's also AWD and turbo.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7724128
    Subaru forester s turbo

+1 That's a very nice car/4x4 for smallish money. Definitely a Bangernomic. I have one with about the same miles on it, they are great yokes. Super reliable and decent poke from the Turbo engine as well.

Some interesting facts that you may not be aware of

Same Engine as the legendary Subaru Impreza Turbo .. except detuned slightly for less top end Bhp but more torque through the power band. This is to help off-roading, towing etc.

They are absolutely excellent off road and very capable at towing as well. Voted Best Tow car by a Caravaning magazine a couple of years ago (forget the full details).

Timing belt kit lasts 100k Milies

They are absolutely bulletproof reliability-wise and can do huge mileage. The fact that there is a special edition Turbo STI model in the range, with somewhere about 300bhp .. suggests that a regular turbo version is far from the limits of the vehicle.

A used Forester is less likely to be modded and abused by boy racers, than for example an Impreza, although they are basically the same car.

They are not a big seller in this country due to being mainly Petrol powered, so you get rally-bred technology at bargain basement price, servicing etc. is the same as an ordinary car.

They are hugely popular in other countries with different road tax regimes to us eg. UK and the USA.

Downsides ..

- They are a pretty thirsty car especially if you are a 'spirited' driver. I get mid to high 20's MPG.
    - Turbo version is a better road driver but does not have a low ratio gearbox (like the non turbo versions). Serious off roading is best tackled with a low ratio box.
    - Handling isn't quite upto Subaru Impreza handling standards (The Forester suspension is a bit softer and is jacked up a few inches as well to give it better ground clearance, this obviously affects the handling). Forester is still a better handler than practically any 4x4 and will put most Saloon cars to shame too.

**Note : Most Subaru Forester turbo models had full leather interior, this one does not .. bargaining point !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

also the dash is like a nissan almera

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

also the dash is like a nissan almera

These cars are very spartan and won't win any beauty contests, that's for sure. I doubt most Subaru Forester owners care though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Great looking car here :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-primera-td-sri/7920186

34217402.jpeg

Would love to see it go to someone who'll look after it :)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

34217402.jpeg

Will you give me the price of a bottle of vegtable oil off so I can fill the tank?

:pac:

Looks astonishing for the mileage. Why getting rid?

You'll miss it.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Will you give me the price of a bottle of vegtable oil off so I can fill the tank?

You'll miss it.

It was always to be a stopgap car until I got the 166. It's just surplus to requirements now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You'll miss it.

It's got an electronicly controlled bosch pump, veg oil without preheating could be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Then you shouldn't be posting here looking for opinions. As unhelpful as that particular post was, criticism has to be expected and accepted when it's fair.

Basically, the key to a good car ad is:

Lots of pictures, be honest about the cars condition. Avoid useless slogans(first to see will buy blah blah blah), include any relevant information(service history, owners, NCT, etc).

I wish you all the best in your recovery, focus on that and then come ask us car nerds for advice.

Much agreed. I do sympathise with your circumstances flutered but having said that I think your response to wonski was a bit harsh and uncalled for really. He was after all just being honest and giving his opinion on what you need to do or change in the ad to help sell the car. nothing personal intended towards you I'm sure.

To be honest I think there is very little relevance in you saying you minded it like a baby if you only bought it last December. A potential buyer realises thats a short enough spell considering how old the car is. I think its a bit of a pointless expression anyway that only creates unwanted noise. Would you pour diesel into or sit on your baby?

Also a thing I really like to see in an ad is if there are any marks or dents in the car take photos of them and put them in the ad. To me it sort of signifies that the seller is being straight and honest and highlighting the worst aspects of the car ultimately endears me to the seller. Much better that I reckon than saying its mint condition when we all know a 13 year old car is not going to be mint irrespective of how good a condition its in.

Anyway back to bangers...my contribution for the day

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-1-3-nct-04-15/7897928

Cheap and not overly cheerful but looks clean and would expect that basic 1.3 engine to be good for a few miles yet

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

'07 Mondeo, full Ford service history, asking €2k

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nct is legit and all. I know mondeos aren't worth a shoite second hand but that strikes me as cheap.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

colm_mcm wrote: »

No pics inside or could it possibly worse looking inside that it is outside.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If you don't mind an auto focus then this is for you. Claims of a comprehensive service history.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/2002-ford-focus-2-0i-automatic/6360518

Nct: 8/15
    €1500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Inflation is alive and well i see:p
    Although it was a **** heap with deck all tax and enough mud to grow a field of grass on when you got it. Looks totally different now, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

unkel wrote: »
    '07 Mondeo, full Ford service history, asking €2k

Linky

That's a bargain if it checks out OK. Good spec too. You'd pay double that at least for an 07 Focus or Fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Hal1 wrote: »
    If you don't mind an auto focus then this is for you. Claims of a comprehensive service history.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/2002-ford-focus-2-0i-automatic/6360518

Nct: 8/15
    €1500

Shame it's a 2.0 auto and that the ad isn't better with better pics., also a shame that it's missing the leather that some 2.0 ghia models had. It made the focus a much nicer place to be imo. Still for €1500 it's hardly a deal breaker

Inflation is alive and well i see:p
    Although it was a **** heap with deck all tax and enough mud to grow a field of grass on when you got it. Looks totally different now, fair play

It's best to be optimistic! You can always put the price down if needs be but very hard to put it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

It's best to be optimistic! You can always put the price down if needs be but very hard to put it up!

Fair play to you for keeping her going. The new owner will have a few years out of her thanks to you. What you replace her with?

• Advertisement

Fair play to you for keeping her going. The new owner will have a few years out of her thanks to you. What you replace her with?

40AA2CDC12D343E4AC078EEFC3208429-0000363222-0003681302-00800L-BEC6AC8038C648C3B3B8BBF6D48F6EFF.jpg

Alfa 166 2.5 V6 :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement