Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Irish CX Champs - all you need to know

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Really looking forward to watching this. Live close enough to walk up so bringing (dragging) the family along.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

del_boy13 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to watching this. Live close enough to walk up so bringing (dragging) the family along.

bring cowbells or anything that makes lots of noise...

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Beasty wrote: »
    Christ!! There's an M90 category:pac:

That's for you Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

mtbireland wrote: »
    bring cowbells or anything that makes lots of noise...

I'm bound to be making lots of noise (huffing and puffing and cries of 'Kill me now' count as noise, right?)

• Advertisement

Course is well mucky.Some puddles up to my axles earlier.Bike fairly covered in grass with a couple of minutes riding earlier.Will be even worse when chewed up by a few riders. Traction uphill non existent.Looking good for a tough race.

Folks, I hope nobody has been riding the course without prior approval from Fingal County Council :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jawlor

Is this start list final? I entered on the 30th December and received a verification email from paypal letting me know that my payment went through, but my name is not on the list. Can any of the organisers shed some light on what the reason might be for this?

John Lawlor

jawlor wrote: »
    Is this start list final? I entered on the 30th December and received a verification email from paypal letting me know that my payment went through, but my name is not on the list. Can any of the organisers shed some light on what the reason might be for this?

John Lawlor
    John, I answered your phone call 5 minutes before you posted this and said I'd get back to you, which I will.

For anybody else who has a problem with their entry, Boards.ie is not the place to be asking organisers to get in touch, we can't spend our day following boards looking for such issues.

You will have received an email after you registered containing the PayPal payment link, you can reply to that email to get in contact.

Thanks Glenn

Looking forward to getting this issue resolved.

cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I have to say fair play to the swords crew for putting this on - i was talking to glennamaddy a couple of times in relation to my mess up with licences and he was very helpful.

jawlor - hopefully you will get sorted. I would imagine we are in the same race. We can get that Eamonnator fella and push him into a bush or the river or something :)

• Advertisement

Lenny

I take my hat off to any club who take on organising a race as prestigious at the National Champs. Myself and Eamonn organised a few of the Downhill champs back in the day so we know how stressful it can be.

My entry still isn't confirmed yet so I may be shouting at the pair of you from the sidelines on Sunday.

see you then
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

John, I answered your phone call 5 minutes before you posted this and said I'd get back to you, which I will.

For anybody else who has a problem with their entry, Boards.ie is not the place to be asking organisers to get in touch, we can't spend our day following boards looking for such issues.

You will have received an email after you registered containing the PayPal payment link, you can reply to that email to get in contact.

Hi GlennaMadda,

Have a read of the title of this thread, "2015 Irish CX Champs. All you need to know."

Why is this not the place for people with problems to go to?
    Jawlor needed to know something, so he asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Hi GlennaMadda,

Have a read of the title of this thread, "2015 Irish CX Champs. All you need to know."

It's a thread title. Best to directly contact people, which he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I have a CX bike if someone needs a spare...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hi GlennaMadda,

Because this is boards and boards is not organising or running the race!

RobFowl wrote: »

Again, with respect, I refer to the title of the thread.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Again, with respect, I refer to the title of the thread.
    And with respect, this is Boards, not the organising committee. Information has been provided here, but it is in no way "official" as Boards would not permit anything like that

Hopefully, all will be sorted.
    On another note, I bought some studs today, I have about 8 spare. If anybody needs some, let me know.

RobFowl wrote: »

Hate to be a dick about this. but the last sentence in the first post of this thread, posted by Caroline.ie, says "any question, let me know"

Hate to be a dick about this. but the last sentence in the first post of this thread, posted by Caroline.ie, says "any question, let me know"

Why are you harping on about this? It's another persons issue and they ain't going on about it. Way to make your name to stick out for Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I have a CX bike if someone needs a spare...

Are u riding it in the support race

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

An interview with Irish living legend Robin Seymour in the Journal.ie

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/roger-seymour-cyclocross-interview-1869970-Jan2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I understand that there is no list for the support race and I should not worry as long as I got the original confirmation email ?

Alek wrote: »
    I understand that there is no list for the support race and I should not worry as long as I got the original confirmation email ?

Alek support race list is here... http://www.thebikecomesfirst.com/start-list-for-irish-national-cyclocross-championships/

last tab at the bottom...

If you're not on it contact the organisers.... <snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Alek wrote: »
    There is a section in the link provided above - "Support race" - I have a suspicion that you are on the list;)

RO 06 wrote: »
    Are u riding it in the support race

Nope.

Any riders using a go-pro for the race?

Alek support race list is here...

Thanks! I couldn't see it on my mobile, now it is fine when I check on the PC.
    I have a suspicion that you are on the list

And you're correct :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

mtbireland wrote: »
    Any riders using a go-pro for the race?

Not a GoPro but might be running a Virb.

• Advertisement

Two virbs then :)

Advertisement