Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Dolmio ads. I'd love to know what Italian people think of those ads.
    Imagine the equivalent ad in Italy, for Irish stew in a jar, with a family of redheads sitting around going "jaysus mammy, dats great stew beggorrah" "toorah loorah to be sure"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Irish newspapers that describe some woman their photograph as 'stunning' when she clearly is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

People who say tree when they mean three.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Big bushy beards annoy me. Surely they can't be very hygienic? Don't get me wrong, some beards look really good on some men, but the majority of beardy guys I see around and about have unkempt beards that look ridiculous.

one guy I know in particular is about 30 but his long hair and beard makes him look about 50 and filthy, really wish his wife would just grow a pair and tell him to cut the thing off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Dolmio ads. I'd love to know what Italian people think of those ads.
    Imagine the equivalent ad in Italy, for Irish stew in a jar, with a family of redheads sitting around going "jaysus mammy, dats great stew beggorrah" "toorah loorah to be sure"

I would say most Italians wouldn't feed it to the dog. Seriously how hard is it? Fry some onion, garlic and some pesto in a little olive oil, add a carton of passata and some basil, salt and pepper and a few mushrooms. Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

LordSutch wrote: »
    People who say tree when they mean three.

Irish people...?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not finding out that your flight is delayed until after you go through security. Opportunity for Diep completely lost. :(

A bit TA'd at BA too because this is my second delayed flight this weekend with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Irish people...?

Some Irish people, and west Indians :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

my life

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

What really annoys me is when people who pass you by walking and they aren't even going any faster than you. A couple ran past me and slowed to the same walking pace as myself and also cut right in front of me. I don't see the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Floppy liquid eye-liner brushes that have no stability as you run it across your eyelid-line.
    You know what I mean; flimsy floppy little brushes that just don't draw a line.
    This is why I'm all about the gel-liner pots and brushes.
    No treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Tomorrow's Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Heartburn. I am close to tears here
    Drinking gaviscon like it's going out of production, milk, toothpaste in milk after someone suggested it.

I genuinely feel like I'm about to breathe fire. It's so bad, this will probably last til September :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

drinking a **** ton of water and having to run to the toilet every half hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

wtf happened to the gorilla vs tiger thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Can't sleep, head is full of fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bugs the sh*t out of me trying to get anything on a Sunday!

Wanted to buy a product yesterday. Tried Argos; two "Extra" stores (which are supposed to have all stock) - both of them - product out of stock.

Telephone Power City - one communal number for ALL stores.

Rang Harvey Norman - left on hold for ages before I checked online and found out they weren't actually open until 12 (which is a pain in itself) but they kinda failed to mention that on the phone recording - just asked you to keep holding.

Called up - don't have it - and (this is a real pet peeve) told me this line " Em, we don't have it in stock at the moment, but we should be getting it in stock soon. Could you call back on Thursday or Friday?" I reply - can you check and see if you are definitely getting it in? The reply is a classic.... "We don't know what stock we get in week to week, but we should have it though"... Yeah - that's ok - I'll just keep calling up here until you DO have it...

Finally tried Power City - not open until 1pm - ffs! 1 pm! Do they only hire p*ss heads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Irish newspapers that describe some woman their photograph as 'stunning' when she clearly is not.

Or when a celebrity who is larger than a size 4 steps out and they put a picture with a caption "X shows off her curves". She's still skinny! Hello!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Or when a celebrity who is larger than a size 4 steps out and they put a picture with a caption "X shows off her curves". She's still skinny! Hello!!!!!!!

or the whole "plus size model" thing >>

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/news/a18375/plus-sized-models/

In the fashion industry, "plus size" is a term for models who are size 8 and up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

bjork wrote: »
    or the whole "plus size model" thing >>

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/news/a18375/plus-sized-models/

In the fashion industry, "plus size" is a term for models who are size 8 and up.

Jaysus....... Over a size 8? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

bjork wrote: »

US size 8, so a UK size 12. A very healthy size for someone who is the height of a catwalk model!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

US size 8, so a UK size 12. A very healthy size for someone who is the height of a catwalk model!

UK size 10

Certainly not plus size

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The modern phenomenon of getting upset far too easily.

Latest example, Irish Water sent out a letter to a dead person
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/irish-water-sent-bill-to-woman-six-years-after-death-31155428.html

OK so it would be nice if that didn't happen, but all systems are computerised now, and often things like this happen. But is it the end of the world if it does? To some it seems like the worst thing ever, with it being the main headline on a website, complete with family members standing holding a copy of the water bill like idiots. And it wasn't even IW fault, as the name was taken from the electoral register.

Now my own father is dead, but if a letter came in through the door for him, I would likely smirk and think how silly IW is, perhaps call them to let them know their error.

I definitely wouldn't run off to a major newspaper and pose with the offending letter.

They'll probably be looking for compo for emotional stress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

NIMAN wrote: »
    The modern phenomenon of getting upset far too easily.

Latest example, Irish Water sent out a letter to a dead person
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/irish-water-sent-bill-to-woman-six-years-after-death-31155428.html

OK so it would be nice if that didn't happen, but all systems are computerised now, and often things like this happen. But is it the end of the world if it does? To some it seems like the worst thing ever, with it being the main headline on a website, complete with family members standing holding a copy of the water bill like idiots. And it wasn't even IW fault, as the name was taken from the electoral register.

Now my own father is dead, but if a letter came in through the door for him, I would likely smirk and think how silly IW is, perhaps call them to let them know their error.

I definitely wouldn't run off to a major newspaper and pose with the offending letter.

They'll probably be looking for compo for emotional stress!

+1

My father passed away over 9 years ago nearly now and every now and again the bank would send some marketing info to him even though all his accounts are closed etc. I certaintly dont get upset when that happens I laugh at it,

This compo culture is something that bugs the sh#te out me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

NIMAN wrote: »

My TA is those photo's that 'newspapers' take of people outside their house, holding up the offending letter, or the chipped milk bottle, or the whatever it was that has ruined their life this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

what happened to the ginger thread since yesterday? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When a new checkout lane is opened in Lidl or Aldi and the people behind you in the queue rush over to it even though you've been waiting longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That fcukin rag the "Sunday Wurreld"

"Murder in the Mountains".....................Jeesis Christ!! Leave the poor woman and her family alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    That fcukin rag the "Sunday Wurreld"

"Murder in the Mountains".....................Jeesis Christ!! Leave the poor woman and her family alone.

The Daily Star have a fooking book out today with all the details of "the perfect murder, and how he nearly got away with it".

Ghouls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

grundie wrote: »
    When a new checkout lane is opened in Lidl or Aldi and the people behind you in the queue rush over to it even though you've been waiting longer.

Oh yes, jeez this does my head in big time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement