Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Four weeks in. I'm down 18lbs! Dunno how the hell I managed that because I had a very bad day of wine and junk!

My sister is down 13lbs, and the youngest sister is down 9lbs.

I've noticed I'm trying lots of food I'd never have eaten before like peas, raspberries, strawberries, nectarines. I'm not keen on too many carbs anymore and veer towards speed foods instead, which is good I guess!

Bought some rocky road bars in group so we'll see what they're like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Down another 1 this week and considering the weekend I had I'm really pleased. One lb to go for my 2 stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

These are great for getting a speed snack in on the go, by the way! Two for three euro in Tesco at the moment :)
    I know the grapes aren't speed, the one I'm having now is apple and strawberry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Up 1lb this week :( Was deserved. My mum and her friend have started using My Fitness Pal to track their food as well as doing SW and I'm going to start doing it as well for a bit of extra motivation :)

Well done everyone on your weight loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Weigh in tomorrow. I need 2 lbs for my 5 stone award.. I am praying that I get it :o

• Advertisement

Hi everyone :) well done on all your losses so far :) could do with some advice please :) I'm currently following weightwatchers and have posted on that thread too but would love all opinions if ye don't mind, the last 2 weigh Ins I've stayed the same :( has anyone encountered this in their journey? I've followed plan and have a Fitbit so exercise is 10,000 steps minimum a day. What do ye think/do when any of ye have reached a standstill? Should I up my exercise? :)

Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Monife wrote: »
    Up 1lb this week :( Was deserved. My mum and her friend have started using My Fitness Pal to track their food as well as doing SW and I'm going to start doing it as well for a bit of extra motivation :)

What's your rationale behind using MyFitnessPal? I did it at the beginning of my SW journey and to be honest it held me back so much. It brings everything down to calories. I found as soon as I just followed SW plan and didn't think about calories that I started to really lose the weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    It brings everything down to calories. I found as soon as I just followed SW plan and didn't think about calories that I started to really lose the weight!

Totally agree with you dee. I found that counting calories with my fitness pal totally drove me crazy! I think counting calories is against what slimming world is all about. Obviously we count Syns but that seems to be the 'treat' calories. If I were counting calories of free foods I think I'd cry!

Have you considered doing a food diary again? I've had the funniest month ever with food but I started my 3rd weeks food diary yesterday and it just made me aware of what I was eating that I hadn't realised. The first one was a disaster but last weeks diary really helped and I was down 3lbs. They helped me motivate me again!

Down another 1.5lb today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What's your rationale behind using MyFitnessPal? I did it at the beginning of my SW journey and to be honest it held me back so much. It brings everything down to calories. I found as soon as I just followed SW plan and didn't think about calories that I started to really lose the weight!
    Wellyd wrote: »
    Totally agree with you dee. I found that counting calories with my fitness pal totally drove me crazy! I think counting calories is against what slimming world is all about. Obviously we count Syns but that seems to be the 'treat' calories. If I were counting calories of free foods I think I'd cry!

Have you considered doing a food diary again? I've had the funniest month ever with food but I started my 3rd weeks food diary yesterday and it just made me aware of what I was eating that I hadn't realised. The first one was a disaster but last weeks diary really helped and I was down 3lbs. They helped me motivate me again!

I'm not in SW but I try and follow healthy eating and I couldn't enjoy it when I was using MyFitnessPal. It was all so cold and numerical and I found myself worrying about amounts I was putting in and accuracy. I abandoned it and I'll know next week whether I was successful over four weeks without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Had an awful June in Sw. My own fault. Only lost one pound. Stayed the same for 3 week! My own fault.
    Breaky. Overnight oats, peaches,raspberries, strawberries and yoghurt
    Lunch smoked salmon,cous cous, lettuce, radish, tomatoes, peppers and cucumber
    Dinner chicken korma. Sw recipie
    Bowl of fresh fruit salad and yoghurt

Well done to everyone. Great losses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

After my 1lb gain last week, I upped my food intake this week. Thankfully it has paid off, was down 3.5lbs tonight. 15st 4.5lbs now, 1.5lbs to my next half stone loss, hope to get that in the next 2 weeks before I go on hols.

Total loss 3st 5.5lbs :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I don't know how to post a picture, but when I was updating my sw weigh in on the app, I noticed that my bmi is now down to 29.9, when I started my bmi was 36.8. I don't normally take much notice of my bmi due to my height and build but am so happy to see it below the 30 mark. Another milestone :)

I'm not worrying about the calories too much, it's more of an online diary that my mum and friend can see, so I'm accountable. I have it separated into breakfast, lunch, dinner, HEA, HEB, syn free snacks and syns.

I'm not worrying about the calories too much, it's more of an online diary that my mum and friend can see, so I'm accountable. I have it separated into breakfast, lunch, dinner, HEA, HEB, syn free snacks and syns.

Cool, anything that helps.
    I found I got really bogged down in calories and grams of sugar and that, if you see that happening just give it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Down another 2lb tonight and got my 1.5 stone award, all in 10 weeks! I'm delighted. I did a 10k walk at the weekend and it was definitely easier to move my body than a few weeks ago.

I don't think I can go back to counting calories ever again. I'm eating tons of fresh food limited only by my appetite. It feels like I'm eating towards health as opposed to cutting food and restricting. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Afternoon all.
    So for various reasons yesterday I fell (jumped) off the SW wagon and overindulged.
    BUT I didn't really enjoy it, and I even threw some food out rather than force feed myself.
    How times have changed.
    I am out for dinner tomorrow night, usually a fall off the wagon on a Wednesday would have resulted in a bad day today & tomorrow AT LEAST in fact usually stretched out till Monday.
    But I pulled it back last night, and started afresh today.
    I think I have had a personality transplant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I weighed in tonight, lost 1/2 lb which I am really disappointed with. I really tried this week. I feel like I have ground to a halt :( The only thing I can pin it to was a lack of water.. I felt like crying at the scales if I am honest, really wanted my 5 stone award.

I am going to dust myself down and try again. I think I will try SP this week and will give that a try as I feel I am stuck in a little rut.

Vahevala wrote: »
    I weighed in tonight, lost 1/2 lb which I am really disappointed with. I really tried this week. I feel like I have ground to a halt :( The only thing I can pin it to was a lack of water.. I felt like crying at the scales if I am honest, really wanted my 5 stone award.

I am going to dust myself down and try again. I think I will try SP this week and will give that a try as I feel I am stuck in a little rut.

Give yourself a big pat on the back - you are so dedicated to this plan, you're doing so well, and you're beating yourself up on a week when you had a loss!!
    Try to focus on the positive :)
    You're working hard on your fitness too with the couch to 5k thing, and according to my consultant exercise can impede weight loss with the Slimming World plan - but at the end of the day, if your fitness level is increasing and your weight is decreasing, isn't that a win-win all round!
    Hope you're not too upset or being hard on yourself, because looking at the bigger picture you've achieved such a lot in a short length of time - you're certainly an inspiration to me, and I'm sure to many other posters (and no doubt lurkers!) on this thread too!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

2lb on today but I'm quite happy with that, ended up in A&E AGAIN all day Sunday, I'm allergic to something they just haven't figured out what yet, quite scary when you can't breathe though, anyway been on steroids all week and I've felt horrible, still been on plan so I know next week it'll be off again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

2lb on today but I'm quite happy with that, ended up in A&E AGAIN all day Sunday, I'm allergic to something they just haven't figured out what yet, quite scary when you can't breathe though, anyway been on steroids all week and I've felt horrible, still been on plan so I know next week it'll be off again

God hope you're feeling better! Staying on plan when you're not well is a great achievement. Hopefully they'll figure out what's wrong soon and you won't be unwell for too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

This week was my first week on slimming world. Lost 3lbs, I am delighted but sort of feel like I don't deserve it. Was really good all week, but ended up drinking last night and eating pizza, really did the dog on it, the only saving grace was that I was so good all week. I'm well and truly back on the wagon already and ate loads of speed foods today and will be working towards my half a stone award for the week. Nothing is going to stop me or tempt me. Even though I am not a huge drinker I do like to indulge and go mad with my friends every once and a while, it's going to be really hard to say no to nights out and in but I am just going to have to suck it up. No drink until an event I have at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Up a half pound last night but was delighted! Time to get the head back in gear and get back under this stone barrier next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Vahevala wrote: »

I was the same last week - really pi$$ed off when I'd put up .5 because I could only think of one meal that could have possibly put me over in syns but i stuck to plan every other day.. Anyways back in this week and I was down 2. So my new routine seems to be sts, up .5 and down 2. Frustrating but that 2 makes it worth it!

Anyways NSV victories for me - my jeans, trousers and undies are too big - which is great!! ...But the thought of having to go shopping for jeans lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I'm officially joining SW on Monday but I'm hitting the butcher today as they do great fiver Friday deals. Can you please tell me the most frequent meats you eat?? I assume a lot of chicken, but should I stock up on anything else? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

highly1111 wrote: »
    I'm officially joining SW on Monday but I'm hitting the butcher today as they do great fiver Friday deals. Can you please tell me the most frequent meats you eat?? I assume a lot of chicken, but should I stock up on anything else? Thanks

For me it is mostly chicken and mince. If you are getting mince make sure it's at least 95% lean.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Lean mince beef- ideally 5% fat. I also use beef a lot for making stews, and gammon/ham joint to make pulled pork and things..

Sirloin steak (fat removed), turkey steaks (chopped up and stir fried - yum), like the others said 95% lean mince and make burgers :) And lots of chicken, but I like chicken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Our local butcher does a "protein pack" for €20

1kg Steak mince with 5% fat (any more than 5% and you have to syn it),
    2 sirloin steaks
    5 large chicken fillets
    4 turkey steaks
    24 large eggs

We add another kg of mince (€5) and 5 more chicken fillets (€5) and that does three of us for a week. (The 2 adults would have meat twice a day most days). We've added Salmon and cod to the mix recently

Mince is used for Bolognese, taco chips, burgers, chilli, sloppy joes and even the odd SW kebab.
    Chicken or Turkey is grilled, made "KFC style", in curry, in a kind of Arrabiati sauce or stir fried with noodles

If your butcher does bacon medallions, you might pick them up too. (We get ours in Aldi).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Turkey burgers are really, really nice too. Much easier to stomach than a turkey fillet IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement