Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Great to see Nick Heidfeld is still racing. Go Nicky!!!!

He is in the points now as well :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Dec1CnIWkAE3OOB.jpg

Dec1Cn4WAAEfo9_.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Have watched a few of the races this year without really watching before. Very impressed. Good racing and I'm glad JEV is doing well for himself.

The cars sound brutal but as long as it's good racing I can get over that.

Ms

Next race is on tomorrow. I know right a Sunday not the usual Saturday that is normally on. It is in Zurich, Switzerland.
    This is the first time that circuit racing has returned to Switzerland in 60 years. Hopefully it is a good track and there is a good race there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

FCY really fúcked shít up today.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Thread for the race here and and a poll to rate it as well.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057880366

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

That was quite a good race. Very tight track. Took a little while to get going but once it did there was lots of good racing and action too. Well done to Lucas Di Grassi.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Eh, despite a decent opening 15 or so laps, I feel that it kinda died down once Di Grassi got into the lead and when the full-course yellow was used in the pit stop window, eliminating any strategic wild cards.

Still, at least it was better than the mediocrity in Montreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Not Formula E related but did anyone see the Electric GT car?
    DgPitV9WkAIPuH1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

AMKC wrote: »
    Very quiet in here. I see former Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa has secured a seat with Venturi to race in Formula E next season.
    I see they are also getting a new team boss, a certain Susie Wolff - link.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

So, New York doubleheader season finale this weekend. And 3e have no live coverage whatsobleedingever.

Apparently a repeat of the Catchphrase WC special and the Love Island weekly wrap up on Saturday; and a repeat of an episode of this year's Britain's Got Talent on Sunday are all far too important to not show live race coverage - instead relegating us to a single hour of highlights at 22.50 on Saturday and 00.10 on Sunday :mad:

Ms

TheChrisD wrote: »
    So, New York doubleheader season finale this weekend. And 3e have no live coverage whatsobleedingever.

Apparently a repeat of the Catchphrase WC special and the Love Island weekly wrap up on Saturday; and a repeat of an episode of this year's Britain's Got Talent on Sunday are all far too important to not show live race coverage - instead relegating us to a single hour of highlights at 22.50 on Saturday and 00.10 on Sunday :mad:

Well feck them anyway. There live coverage was terrible anyway actually there coverage was terrible even when it was not live.

What's the chance of Channel 4 or ITV getting the coverage for Formula E next year?

Surely with the new Gen 2 cars next year there will be more interest in it from other broadcasters.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd rather it came back to Youtube

It will if there's no alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Its Live on 5 Spike which is free to air (not HD though)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

^Yeah, but they'll cut to the ads as soon as the winner crosses the line. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Race start at 20.30 ladies and gents. It's a long race so will hopefully have some differing strategies.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Essentially Sam Bird needs to finish ahead of JEV to keep the championship alive going into the final race tomorrow.

J. VERGNE 163
    S. BIRD 140.

Difference, 23 points with 56 points up for grabs this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Cracking race. Plenty happening every lap. Big crash brings out a SC near the end.

An F1 sprint race at maybe 5 or 6 of the races with drivers in a standardised car would be great.

Ms

Seemed to be a good race alright. Lots of racing overtakes and the odd crash but once again the 3e coverage was just terrible. There was no highlights of the qualifying for the race, no build up to the race no grid walks or chats to ny of the drivers. It was basically this is where everyone is then race start and then a fecking break half way into it as well. They could not even fit all the highlights into the hour they had for it so it continued into the next program. I was just lucky I checked it and got the last 14 minutes too. Then as soon as the race ended that was it they cut to the program that was supposed to be on.

Today's races could be interesting do supposed to be rain in New York today.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

AMKC wrote: »
    Seemed to be a good race alright. Lots of racing overtakes and the odd crash but once again the 3e coverage was just terrible. There was no highlights of the qualifying for the race, no build up to the race no grid walks or chats to ny of the drivers. It was basically this is where everyone is then race start and then a fecking break half way into it as well. They could not even fit all the highlights into the hour they had for it so it continued into the next program. I was just lucky I checked it and got the last 14 minutes too. Then as soon as the race ended that was it they cut to the program that was supposed to be on.

Today's races could be interesting do supposed to be rain in New York today.

I have to echo the comments about the 3e coverage. They cut away so abruptly at the end, which would be bad any race weekend but more so this one given the championship being at stake. Very dismal effort from 3e

Ms

skipper_G wrote: »
    I have to echo the comments about the 3e coverage. They cut away so abruptly at the end, which would be bad any race weekend but more so this one given the championship being at stake. Very dismal effort from 3e

I really hope some other station gets it for next year and not 3e. I don't mind watching highlights sometimes if its done right like Channel 4 and F1. Sure they are not perfect and it does have ads but at least you know when they have ads and they do not abruptly cut to ads like 3e did in the middle and the end of the Formula e coverage. So if anyone from Channel 4 is reading this please bid for the Formula e coverage.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Race of attrition tonight. Three cars out already.

Vergne and Lotterer look to have jumped the start. We'll see if they get a penalty. This'll give Buemi a potential win.

Di grassi versus Sam Bird, Sam needs to stay close to Lucas to keep his second place.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,055 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Interesting that Vergne didn't get a penalty, very understanding of the stewards

I suppose it kept it close for the teams championship

Has been a good four years for the first generation car

Ms

I only watched the race yesterday evening myself. Found it to be quiet a dull race after the race on Saturday. As usual 3es coverage was just terrible. So I don't care who gets it for next year as long as its not the TV3/Virgin TV group. Maybe BBC or C4 or even RTE could get it for next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Vandoorne to drive for the HWA team in the 2018/2019 season.

Advertisement