Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Punta del Este starts in half an hour.

I feel for those of you who are burdened with having to watch on 3e...

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

TheChrisD wrote: »

What other channel is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

17larsson wrote: »
    What other channel is it on?

Eurosport

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

TheChrisD wrote: »

Reddit is your friend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Good race at the front. Kept things interesting. I am amazed how they managed to drive it down to 0% energy just making it over the line.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote: »
    Good race at the front. Kept things interesting. I am amazed how they managed to drive it down to 0% energy just making it over the line.

I guess it is rounded, so below 0.49% it is shown as 0

Harika wrote: »
    I guess it is rounded, so below 0.49% it is shown as 0

Nope, they are absolute integer ceilings. Zero is having completely used up all 28kWh of available energy. They get away with it because you have five seconds after hitting zero to shut down the car, so you'll often find drivers hitting zero coming out of the last turn and crossing the line before having to shut down.

It used to be in early seasons that you got DQ'd immediately after hitting zero, but that was changed after Sarrazin's DQ from the win in London 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Mitch Evans was the driver of the day for me. He came all the way from 17th up to 4th and made a stunning pass as well. The racing between Jean Eric Vergne and Lucas Di Grassi was great to watch too.

Ms

Next race is on Saturday and it's in Rome. Its inaugural event. It's on 3e from 2.30pm race start a bit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,090 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

This is starting shortly

• Advertisement

Good race, shame Evans had to back off due to no energy left.

Rome is a good Street track giving lots of overtaking opportunity.

Ms

A very good race. Hard luck to Felix Rosincroft but he should have stayed of the kerps. A very exciting ending. The 3e coverage was actually good this time too with no add breaks at all.

Good to hear Mercedes and Porsche (and BMW) looking to join the series.

Ms

Good to hear Mercedes and Porsche (and BMW) looking to join the series.

Nico Rosberg is going to be the first driver to drive the new Formula e car and some are speculating that he will drive one of the cars for Mercedes when they join.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Managed to miss the race after making a mental point about it since yesterday - having lived in Rome, I wanted to check how the familiar places came through in TV, but I forgot there's an hour difference with Italy.

Going to watch it now on the player and I have to say, it's quite difficult to find Formula E on the TV3 site as it doesn't even show up in the listings for programs at the "F" letter; the only way is to search via the text. It shows more or less nowhere on their site and when I switched on today, some 10 minutes after the race had ended (when I remembered), there were already showing some random general programming. All in all, it looks to me like TV3 doesn't value having FE in the least - doing the series quite a disservice.

Watched the race, decent action...

...but I don't understand why everyone seems to be raving about the track - I found it simply horrendous. Twisty, tight, weird changes of surface and to be honest it's in an area of Rome that is far, far, far from good looking; The EUR is a fascist-era built office buildings district which, aside for the obelisk, looks extremely drab and grey compared to other areas of the city.

Ms

Next race is on Saturday week. So less than two weeks now. Its Paris. Be a good weekend for motor racing as the Azerbaijan F1 race is also on that weekend.

Ms

Very quiet in here. I see former Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa has secured a seat with Venturi to race in Formula E next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

DdeEauWV0AEt0Gm.jpg

Rosberg took the new car for a spin in Berlin.

AMKC wrote: »
    Very quiet in here. I see former Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa has secured a seat with Venturi to race in Formula E next season.

That is excellent news indeed - especially if Rosberg ends up driving as well.

For all the fanfare, Formula E still looks a LOT like a "Formula Rejects" series, with drivers that either failed to make the final step into F1 or that raced in it but never really made it big. Having a F1 World Champion and a Runner-Up with multiple race wins and pole positions under his belt in F.E. can be a massive boost in terms of credibility and popularity.

• Advertisement

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    That is excellent news indeed - especially if Rosberg ends up driving as well.

For all the fanfare, Formula E still looks a LOT like a "Formula Rejects" series, with drivers that either failed to make the final step into F1 or that raced in it but never really made it big. Having a F1 World Champion and a Runner-Up with multiple race wins and pole positions under his belt in F.E. can be a massive boost in terms of credibility and popularity.

We had that with Villeneuve and that didn't go too well.

Harika wrote: »
    We had that with Villeneuve and that didn't go too well.

Forgot about that one...but in all fairness, Jacques had left F1 for 10 years back then and even worse - the last time he had been competitive was 1998ish. Both Massa and Rosberg are relatively fresh off the circus; Heck, Nico's actually only 32...

Ms

Race on this weekend on Saturday from 16.30 and its in Berlin at the Tempelhof Airport track which can have some good races.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It should be fun seeing how the unique concrete surface mixes things up. Techeetah struggled here last year because of the testing they had to miss due to their customer status.

Coultard is commentating this weekend. His debut weekend. I actually enjoy his commentary. Looks like a look of F1 assets taking interest in F.e.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Coultard is commentating this weekend. His debut weekend. I actually enjoy his commentary. Looks like a look of F1 assets taking interest in F.e.

I thought it sounded like him, kept telling myself it must be Franchitti (even though he sounds very different)

I thought it sounded like him, kept telling myself it must be Franchitti (even though he sounds very different)

Dario's at Indy ;)

Hopefully a good race, starting shortly

Looks very dusty off line

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That's one long terminal at the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Great to see Nick Heidfeld is still racing. Go Nicky!!!!

Advertisement