Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Jesus 53, my heart goes out to you there. I can't even imagine what you have faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

How's the weekend going for ye all so far?

going well for me, lot better than where i was last weekend.
    have loads to get sorted out next week but i can deal with that on monday morning. just watching the ireland football game and relaxing and looking forward to a middle of the night mcdonalds coffee.yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

That's awful. How did that happen?

shezer wrote: »
    That's awful. How did that happen?

do you mean the getting robbed shezer?
    was sleeping rough a night and two fellows just came and took my stuff.
    i wasn't in a position to put up any resistance as i was wrecked and exhausted.
    could have been worse but the main thing all is good now. i somehow knew it would be in the end.

Jesus 53, my heart goes out to you there. I can't even imagine what you have faced.

thanks hugo stiglitz.
    it was rough alright but i am ok now, feel very very lucky to have got somewhere to live
    for a while and i appreciate it. feels luxurious but still sinking in, the contrast between today and last saturday night!might take a while still..
    hope your weekend is going ok and all the other posters' weekends too. thanks everybody

• Advertisement

Where are you now? Are you ok? Did you call the cops? Did they get caught?

Where are you now? Are you ok? Did you call the cops? Did they get caught?

i'm totally fine now. i am in belfast. i didn't even think of calling cops at the time.
    like i said i was so exhausted and couldn't think of anything but sleeping at the time.
    had a huge bag with me i couldn't carry any further so tried to get a few hours sleep
    in some doorway. i did not know what else to do.
    next morning was ok i was able to check into a hostel when i got up and they let me hang around inside til rooms were ready.
    thankfully the bag was too heavy for them and my laptop was in there too so they didn't rob everything!
    have got a place to stay now and i can start building things up from here.
    i'm honestly totally ok now, thanks a lot for the concern.

fiftythree wrote: »
    i'm totally fine now. i am in belfast. i didn't even think of calling cops at the time.
    like i said i was so exhausted and couldn't think of anything but sleeping at the time.
    had a huge bag with me i couldn't carry any further so tried to get a few hours sleep
    in some doorway. i did not know what else to do.
    next morning was ok i was able to check into a hostel when i got up and they let me hang around inside til rooms were ready.
    thankfully the bag was too heavy for them and my laptop was in there too so they didn't rob everything!
    have got a place to stay now and i can start building things up from here.
    i'm honestly totally ok now, thanks a lot for the concern.

You seem to be very positive. Fair play to you. How did you find yourself becoming homeless? (Don't answer that if it is too private a question)

I have to be honest with you and say I find the idea of becoming homeless absolutely terrifying. There really shouldn't be one person on the entire island finding him/herself in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

You seem to be very positive. Fair play to you. How did you find yourself becoming homeless? (Don't answer that if it is too private a question)

I have to be honest with you and say I find the idea of becoming homeless absolutely terrifying. There really shouldn't be one person on the entire island finding him/herself in that position.

Amen. Look at the UK too, especially London...bloody disgusting the amount of money in such a country and city and still plenty of homeless. Inhumane.

i'm relatively positive today. things can turn around quickly.
    it is somewhat private but more that it is a very long story to explain.
    to be honest a lot of the reason is on myself for this, moved at short notice, no back up plan etc. i felt i had to move here for the sake of my sanity..i do have a goal i will reach eventually.
    but yes it is terrifying, happens for lots of different reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I've no money, no real friends and have had two kicks I could have done without this week.

My best friend, housemate and also person I am completely in love with announced today that a foreign girl he met a week ago will be moving to Dublin to be with him and my heart is just broken over it. I thought my feelings for him had subsided but no, they're stronger than ever and I'm completely petrified that I'm going to lose him over this random girl. In too deep to say anything so I just have to pretend I'm delighted for him.

Then to top it all off, another guy I met a few weeks ago and went on a date with last week has gone completely radio silent and I'm crippled with anxiety over it. I didn't sleep with him because I wanted to get to know him first for a change and looks like it worked to my detriment. I quite liked him and thought he might help me get over my housemate but obviously something has just freaked him or he can't be bothered with me for whatever reason and feel completely worthless as a result.

So now I'm broke, forever alone sitting here trying to resist the urge to spend my food money on wine and my whole life is about to fall apart in front of me and I can't stop it.

Sorry guys I don't usually post here but I need a rant. Yous are all great, the support you give each other is admirable.

I've no money, no real friends and have had two kicks I could have done without this week.

My best friend, housemate and also person I am completely in love with announced today that a foreign girl he met a week ago will be moving to Dublin to be with him and my heart is just broken over it. I thought my feelings for him had subsided but no, they're stronger than ever and I'm completely petrified that I'm going to lose him over this random girl. In too deep to say anything so I just have to pretend I'm delighted for him.

Then to top it all off, another guy I met a few weeks ago and went on a date with last week has gone completely radio silent and I'm crippled with anxiety over it. I didn't sleep with him because I wanted to get to know him first for a change and looks like it worked to my detriment. I quite liked him and thought he might help me get over my housemate but obviously something has just freaked him or he can't be bothered with me for whatever reason and feel completely worthless as a result.

So now I'm broke, forever alone sitting here trying to resist the urge to spend my food money on wine and my whole life is about to fall apart in front of me and I can't stop it.

Sorry guys I don't usually post here but I need a rant. Yous are all great, the support you give each other is admirable.

A cliche you probably don't want to here - it's a very big world out there and plenty of years ahead (I presume :p)

Allandanyways,
    Rant to your heart's content here. I do it the whole time and they put up with it so you'll be grand! :)

yes it's a great place for a rant here allandalways.
    i'm only here recently but it is a great place.
    could you compromise and get half food half wine?!
    sorry to hear things are rough for you at the moment

@allandanyways....Don't get any wine. Worst time for wine. You'll lose a night with negative thoughts and you'll be nursing a hangover in the morning. The alcohol will only make it worse.

This is a time for positive constructive thinking and reflection.
    1.You're in love with a dude
    2.You didn't get a call back from another dude
    3.You're broke
    4.You're feeling down

Start there.Is that everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Thanks for all of the replies guys, I'm overwhelmed

I wish this was all but there's a lot going on at the moment and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I won't go into it too much for the sake of your brains but the last two years have been horrific with death, heartbreak, money troubles, abandonment, self harm, legal problems, drug addiction and other things really bringing me down and I'm only 25.

I feel like I'm holding on by a thread but I don't know how much longer this will last. I've told so many lies to so many people to cover up my own habits that I cant talk to anybody about how I'm really feeling.

Not going to drink though. I already feel a bit trigged by how I'm feeling, the drink will just push me over the edge.

If you ever need a chat, my PM is always open allandanyways..

I'm also 25 and planning to start over again asap. Just got to picture where we can be eventually - so much potential in this life. (Hope I'm not sounding all hippy and religious - I feel it's true though) Got to make the past struggles worth it somehow.

Thanks for all of the replies guys, I'm overwhelmed

I wish this was all but there's a lot going on at the moment and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I won't go into it too much for the sake of your brains but the last two years have been horrific with death, heartbreak, money troubles, abandonment, self harm, legal problems, drug addiction and other things really bringing me down and I'm only 25.

I feel like I'm holding on by a thread but I don't know how much longer this will last. I've told so many lies to so many people to cover up my own habits that I cant talk to anybody about how I'm really feeling.

Not going to drink though. I already feel a bit trigged by how I'm feeling, the drink will just push me over the edge.

Honesty and the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Get up outta that bed ya lazy article ya. I'll trade you a 4 hour marathon of Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom and a head cold if you wish? :pac:

Just a general fear or something specific?

Hah :)

Not feeling 'myself', reading up on this depersonalization symptom of anxiety, it really sucks. Like that feeling you get when you come back to your own home having been away from it a long time, almost seems like it's not your own home for the first hour or so, its a bit eerie. This feeling tends to come after having nightmares the night before. Other fears like will I ever get better, am I truly in control of this condition, could this get life threatening.

I know the mind tends to be catastrophic with anxiety but still, I do wonder and it get pretty fearful. I'm strongly considering the anti D's now too. I've decided to improve my diet, take probiotics, join up with the football team again this week. Hopefully these actions will take effect on the system. Thanks shezer :)

god that's a lot to deal with allandalways.
    good idea and well done not having a drink if you know that would make things worse.
    i can relate to feeling like you have presented a side of yourself to people that isn't the real one and
    it is now hard to tell the truth as it might mean exposing some lies. but if there is anyone you'd trust it might be nice
    to have a chat with them if you can.
    very best of luck anyway let us know how you are getting on.

• Advertisement

There's something about the weekend that really drives home the whole "Forever Alone" feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Couldn't agree more mr Hugo.

It's nothing as bad as the issues others are having. I should be grateful for that.

I dunno...there are many people I'm glad to be alone from :D

fr336 wrote: »
    I dunno...there are many people I'm glad to be alone from :D

Such as me?! *runs off bawling*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Uh oh..what did U do Hugo?

handbagmad wrote: »
    Uh oh..what did U do Hugo?

If only I knew! :D

Such as me?! *runs off bawling*

My screen lights up whenever I see your name.

fr336 wrote: »
    My screen lights up whenever I see your name.

What a charmer! :D

• Advertisement

All joking aside, I find when I get bored that my mind turns to all that is negative and that bothers me. Anyone else get like that too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement