Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Davei141 wrote: »
    Link? Great news if true but all the special gear in the beta seemed to be unlocked at level 20, nothing above showed up.

it was on the post before mine. Here is the video

Gandalph wrote: »
    Pretty sure 20 is the cap. Just read an article by a Bungie developer saying that once you hit 20 the game opens up to endgame material which is way different than anything else experienced in story mode.
    In the video I mentioned from IGN he was talking about level 22 strikes, and raids starting at level 25 . I think you get to level 20 by exp and after that its using motes of light and armor to increase level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

In the video I mentioned from IGN he was talking about level 22 strikes, and raids starting at level 25 . I think you get to level 20 by exp and after that its using motes of light and armor to increase level.

Just watched it there, that sounds so fricken sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

The beta was awesome! Got to level 8 and fought on the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

crazydom wrote: »
    The beta was awesome! Got to level 8 and fought on the moon!

I am still on the moon :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Has it been mentioned that the 6 player raid can only be done with people on your friends list :eek: :confused:

Ok I'm normally the 1st to complain about playing with randoms but this is nuts, I'b lucky to have 2 or 3 pal on at the same time that might want to help out , you then fill a lobby with randons and kick any who don't respond to voice chat.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18831-Destiny-s-Six-Player-Raids-Can-be-Tackled-Only-With-Friends.html

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's silly. Should be the same system as for the strike in the Beta where it matches you up with randomers if you're alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

calex71 wrote: »
    Has it been mentioned that the 6 player raid can only be done with people on your friends list :eek: :confused:

Ok I'm normally the 1st to complain about playing with randoms but this is nuts, I'b lucky to have 2 or 3 pal on at the same time that might want to help out , you then fill a lobby with randons and kick any who don't respond to voice chat.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18831-Destiny-s-Six-Player-Raids-Can-be-Tackled-Only-With-Friends.html

Im on most afternoons count me in as a 4th :D can see this been reversed to playin with anyone, hard enough getting 4 on at the same time never mind 6 ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

calex71 wrote: »

I'm sure we will be able to sort out boards runs or something, if not I'll be fecked too. Only mate I have playing it on ps4 will be on the Australian servers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Would it be worthwhile having a separate thread for best value Ghost editions, Limited Edition, Game Bundles with Consoles? There's a lot of info here but maybe collectively we could all save some good coinage closer to 09/09/2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Would it be worthwhile having a separate thread for best value Ghost editions, Limited Edition, Game Bundles with Consoles? There's a lot of info here but maybe collectively we could all save some good coinage closer to 09/09/2014

I don't know, if a separate thread would be required.

The best prices for where we are able to get the limited versions are

Ghost:
    GameStop €209
    Game £150
    Amazon Germany is Sold Out but if they get more stock will be €160

Limited Edition
    Gamestop IE €130
    Gamestop UK & Amazon £80

PS4 Console Bundle
    Gamestop €450
    Game £390

level 29 character walkthrough

level 29 character walkthrough

Level 29, still in Old Russia ;)

very good fan made trailer, not sure about song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How are people getting Destiny?
    Going with ordering off PSN, but interested in other peoples ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Probably digital download on Xbox One :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got the ps4 limited edition ordered from Amazon for around €105.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Physical copy from Amazon, won't matter if it doesn't arrive on the day as I won't be available to play until the 15th. Vanilla version for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pre-ordered on amazon. Don't care if I get it on the day either but would like it for the weekend probably definately.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Preordered standard edition from Gamestop. Won't bother with the midnight launch (or their stupid Level 3 loyalty "get in 90 minutes early for pizza and games"), will just go up the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered on amazon. Don't care if I get it on the day either but would like it for the weekend probably definately.

Normally gotten all games I pre order on Amazon day of release, sometimes a day or two early.

Penn wrote: »
    Preordered standard edition from Gamestop. Won't bother with the midnight launch (or their stupid Level 3 loyalty "get in 90 minutes early for pizza and games"), will just go up the next morning.

What was the quoted price? When I checked in there I was quoted €70, absolutely baulked and smiled. Don't know why I go in there, knowing in advance that it will always be a rip.

TheDoc wrote: »
    What was the quoted price? When I checked in there I was quoted €70, absolutely baulked and smiled. Don't know why I go in there, knowing in advance that it will always be a rip.

I think they said €70 too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes €75 on the day.

It's €65 on the PS3 and 360 and €75 on the PS4 and the One. I asked about the PC version yesterday and was told it would most likely be €60. It's a good €20 cheaper for the normal edition on amazon and €30 cheaper for the special edition. Gamestop are really pulling the piss when it comes to pricing, more so than ever before, there's been a number of titles for which they charged more than the RRP and the worst thing is that they are actively getting involved in the production of titles.

I think they said €70 too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes €75 on the day.

Jesus....

€50 for me on Amazon and probably have it launch day.

Are people fearful that if they buy online they won't have it launch day or what's the story?

It's €65 on the PS3 and 360 and €75 on the PS4 and the One. I asked about the PC version yesterday and was told it would most likely be €60. It's a good €20 cheaper for the normal edition on amazon and €30 cheaper for the special edition. Gamestop are really pulling the piss when it comes to pricing, more so than ever before, there's been a number of titles for which they charged more than the RRP and the worst thing is that they are actively getting involved in the production of titles.

I've made it an active habbit to pre-order games on Amazon WELL in advance. They typically put titles up for well below RRP, and when you pre-order, you get it at the lowest price it ever goes too, while your on pre-order.

I got the latest Batman for €36 euro on PS3, and had it the day before general release, and GTA5 I got for like €40 and delivered day of launch.

You only get charged once the title ships, so you can cancel typically up until a few days before release.

I alwyas keep a wishlist populated with stuff, check in on pricing after maybe checking a review or two, and then decide if I will cancel or not.

Alien Isolation, Batman and The Division sitting on my pre-order list alongside Destiny.

*Edit

Just did a check of my Amazon pre-orders there. Alien Isolation is showing now as unpriced, I had it pre-orders at the original £45 listing. The Division has gone up to £59, but I pre-ordered at £50. Batman there at £45. The Order £49.

I've made it an active habbit to pre-order games on Amazon WELL in advance. They typically put titles up for well below RRP, and when you pre-order, you get it at the lowest price it ever goes too, while your on pre-order.

I got the latest Batman for €36 euro on PS3, and had it the day before general release, and GTA5 I got for like €40 and delivered day of launch.

You only get charged once the title ships, so you can cancel typically up until a few days before release.

I alwyas keep a wishlist populated with stuff, check in on pricing after maybe checking a review or two, and then decide if I will cancel or not.

Alien Isolation, Batman and The Division sitting on my pre-order list alongside Destiny.

Build a PC and you'll get them even cheaper. I got Origins for €16 on release day and a copy of Watchdogs for €12 earlier this week. It's rare that I would preorder a game but if I do it's always with amazon or VGP where you can generally get two new games for only slightly more than one over here. Gamestop to me is a store for parents and those with no idea how the internet works, how else can you explain people paying way over the odds for titles and then trading in their game for a quarter what Gamestop resell it at.

Jesus....

€50 for me on Amazon and probably have it launch day.

Are people fearful that if they buy online they won't have it launch day or what's the story?

That can be part of it alright. I know that Tuesday morning, I can go to Gamestop and get the game. With Amazon, putting in an Irish address gives 11-13 Sept. delivery date. Putting in a Parcel Motel address gives 9th, but then you don't know if it'll be where you want to pick it up that same day. I've seen in plenty of threads when games are released where people are essentially waiting to see if their game will be delivered, and sometimes it's not. I'm pretty sure I've even seen some instances of the game not coming on the Friday and the following Monday being a Bank Holiday meaning they don't get the game until the following Tuesday.

There's just an element of convenience to it. That being said, I might try the Parcel Motel route for Madden or something and try it out. Want to start ordering games online.

That can be part of it alright. I know that Tuesday morning, I can go to Gamestop and get the game. With Amazon, putting in an Irish address gives 11-13 Sept. delivery date. Putting in a Parcel Motel address gives 9th, but then you don't know if it'll be where you want to pick it up that same day. I've seen in plenty of threads when games are released where people are essentially waiting to see if their game will be delivered, and sometimes it's not. I'm pretty sure I've even seen some instances of the game not coming on the Friday and the following Monday being a Bank Holiday meaning they don't get the game until the following Tuesday.

There's just an element of convenience to it. That being said, I might try the Parcel Motel route for Madden or something and try it out. Want to start ordering games online.

I've preordered games through Amazon using parcel motel twice and both times Amazon sent them so they would arrive at parcel motel on release day and this was with free first class delivery. As I'm in Limerick, I wouldn't get them til the next day . I have the standard edition pre ordered in Gamestop since October but am half tempted to just buy it in Amazon and save at least €15.

The only other way is seeing as Gamestop had a trade in Game, pay €9.99 for last of us deal last week, they might have something similar for destiny.

• Advertisement

This question haunts me more than it should :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement