Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

40 pts Saturday off 10 in Mallow. Three birds, nine pars, three bogies and three doubles. Played well but ironically a couple of iffy drives (normally the best part of my game) put me in trouble in trees on 15 and 17. Down to 9.2 though which is my lowest yet so onwards and upwards (or downwards I should say). Would love to maintain playing off 9 for a bit. Have had a bit of consistency over the last few rounds. So enjoyable when you are hitting the shots you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Haven't posted my last few rounds. Reasons for that... I've been awful.

Hiding from the handicap reduction thread, I know I've a good score hiding in me waiting to get out lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

First round in about 3 weeks on Saturday in Dundrum, was delighted with a gross 86 (off 15) with a double and a triple on the 10th and 11th, after going out in 39, but otherwise really consistent and showing good signs off moving in the right direction, couldn't have been more of a different story yesterday, 99 gross in the intermediate scratch cup in MacCreddin, must have lost at least 6 balls to the gorse, the wheels completely fell of the wagon, such a punishing course!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

10 over in Boards outing (Dundrum).

Played well - but just got away on me in middle of round. Got in trouble trying to hit irons and driver too hard off tees (cost 2 bad doubles). Daft. Also - had 3 bogies from 100 yards or less out - very poor.

Couldn't hole anything - tend to over read greens when away from home.

Loved the course. Very interesting holes, like 4, 5 - (6 a bit silly in my opinion), 7 , 9 also good
    Then a great run of holes from 10. With an interesting change of elevation in holes.

17 and 18 brilliant holes - made 17 with a drive and 8 and again couldn't make bird - would have been my best birdie of year.

Noted my wedge control still poor from 100 yards down - a little improvement , but much more work needed.

Also - was a little OTT at times when swung too fast, shouldn't be swinging too fast.

Anyway - happy enough , just don't know when a good score will come , feel it will be soon, hopefully for a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Good form is continuing. Had a great round tonight, 1st round of our club four ball matchplay and against last years winners. We won 4:3 but what was really nice was that we were level par gross as a team and I managed to hit 5 over for 15 holes.

Won't get to play until late next week, itching to get back out.

J

* I should add that there were some gimmes in there but nothing too generous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

38 points off 23 in the monthly in canberra and forgot to sign my card and leave the $30 2nd place behind me. My aussie mate are getting some milage out of the silly paddy on this one😒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

First of 3 rounds to make the musgrave team to play in Killarney golf and fishing club.
    Played st Margarets had 34 pts good enough for second had 15 front 19 on back with a lost ball felt robbed just lost in rough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Got in a final practice round in Corballis before playing there with the society on Saturday. Solid 15 points. May as well have stayed in bed.

Had a meeting in Roganstown yesterday and was press ganged into playing in their open. Had to borrow shoes and played in a work shirt.

Lipped out on 17 and 18 for 38 points, another .6 cut so very happy. Now on the good side of 11.

BTW the course was in great shape and only took a little over 3 hours to play. €25 for the Tuesday open was great value IMO.

BTW they only post their results on Howdidido, how do I signup so i can see the results ? Seems to be only for players in clubs that use Club2000 software?

J

Got in a final practice round in Corballis before playing there with the society on Saturday. Solid 15 points. May as well have stayed in bed.

:D

Here is a start.

A good tip is to play the club you play on 1 - as the club you play on 2 aim in middle of two mounds on hill. Do not go for green on 2.

on 3 play as a 3 shot-er

on 4 be short with a 3/4 SW

on 5 hit a 200 yard club only - take the right side.

on 6 - a full PW as a test next day , but wind the key.

on 6 hit a 7 or 6 don't be a hero.

That is a start and 12 points.
    There is a full guide by PARlance somewhere , a master there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Played an enjoyable 18 with shaunac93 and charlieIRL last night. It was our Thursday open.

For the second time in a week, started off really well. Was +3 for the front nine (same as Sunday). Only +4 after 13 (9 pars and 4 bogies), but then had the first double of the evening on 14, bogies followed on 15 and 16, then another double on 17 ruined a great card. Ended up +11 for 37 points.

Managed to sneak a 0.2 cut so I'm delighted :) especially as I had to sink a tricky putt on the 18th to get it! Also managed to win the competition but it was a very small field so not getting too excited about that. That's 2 qualifying comps in 2015 and 2 cuts!

Game is in very good shape at the moment, just need to keep it together for the 18. That said still plenty of room for improvement.

Long may this continue :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Played an enjoyable 18 with shaunac93 and charlieIRL last night. It was our Thursday open.

For the second time in a week, started off really well. Was +3 for the front nine (same as Sunday). Only +4 after 13 (9 pars and 4 bogies), but then had the first double of the evening on 14, bogies followed on 15 and 16, then another double on 17 ruined a great card. Ended up +11 for 37 points.

Managed to sneak a 0.2 cut so I'm delighted :) especially as I had to sink a tricky putt on the 18th to get it! Also managed to win the competition but it was a very small field so not getting too excited about that. That's 2 qualifying comps in 2015 and 2 cuts!

Game is in very good shape at the moment, just need to keep it together for the 18. That said still plenty of room for improvement.

Long may this continue :D

Well done, serious golf for 99% of your round. Great crack and the less said about my round the better!!! It'll click yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Life as a 10 hcapper has begun. Played in a society outing in Ardee. Played quite well today yet come anyway with 26points. Still trying to come to terms with say 5 for 1 :-(

5 pars
    8 bogeys
    3 doubles
    2 trebles

3 scratches in total unfortunately the two trebles where on holes I had a shot on

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

92 strokes in medal today. Oh the putting was so bad 41 in total. It's either hit or miss with my putting lately

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

3 over in Carton's O'Meara this morning. 1 bogey, 1 double and the rest pars. putter gone cold again after a few decent weeks with it. Numerous putts missed inside 10 feet which was frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

:D

Here is a start.

A good tip is to play the club you play on 1 - as the club you play on 2 aim in middle of two mounds on hill. Do not go for green on 2.

on 3 play as a 3 shot-er

on 4 be short with a 3/4 SW

on 5 hit a 200 yard club only - take the right side.

on 6 - a full PW as a test next day , but wind the key.

on 6 hit a 7 or 6 don't be a hero.

That is a start and 12 points.
    There is a full guide by PARlance somewhere , a master there .

Cheers for the pointers. I actually played quite well from tee to green but the bread and butter was all over the place. Ended up with a disappointing 21 points. Think I missed 8 putts from less than 3 feet. Playing Deer Park next month which should be a little more suited to my style. I feel a little battered and bruised by the links golf over the last few weeks :P .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

38 points in a society outing to Dunfanaghy, good enough for a win. Wind was brutal, par 3 down wind was a 9 iron, same length par 3 into the wind was a 3 wood that need to be hit perfect.
    Got to love links golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

88 Strokes in Headfort Old

First time playing the old since the beginning of the year and the speed of the greens was killing my putting, couldn't believe how fast they were.

Couple of pars and holed a chip for birdie on the 9th and holed a 7i on the 11th for Eagle. Spent 5 minutes convinced someone robbed my ball until I took the flag out for the other player and found mine in the bottom of it.

Few doubles and one triple on the first par 5 aswell, still happy with the result considering how little im getting to play lately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

+8 gross playing off 5 on Saturday. Played really well, I still need to cut out the few really poor mistakes, knocked down a tee shot on a very short par 4, I was only hitting 3 wood and tried to keep it low in the strong wind but I made a terrible swing, made double bogey there, then 2 holes later with 80 yards into a par 5 for my 3rd shot and I make bogey. I went on a run on 7 straight pars then when putts just wouldn't drop for me and I was getting frustrated, and then 4 straight bogeys on 14, 15, 16 and 17, most probably would have been avoided had I not missed from inside 2 feet on the 14th and let my head drop. I can feel my game really starting to come together now though. Loads of golf this week, playing comps on Thursday, Saturday and 36 hole comp on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

82 strokes (nett 69) in stroke play comp yesterday in Castleisland in windy enough conditions. Had a poor start, lost my tee shot on the par 3 3rd and knocked down my tee shot on the 4th and had to take an unplayable. 8 over after 6 but then played some golf and was 3 over for my last 12 holes. 27 putts and 50% scrambling were the main contributing factors. Good enough for second place and my first cut of the year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

89 off 15 yesterday.

42 putts says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Christ why did I agree to play today. Absolute misery out there. Amazingly managed to string 35 points together playing with a handicap 2 shots lower than last week. Very hard to hit a green with that wind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

zuutroy wrote: »
    Christ why did I agree to play today. Absolute misery out there. Amazingly managed to string 35 points together playing with a handicap 2 shots lower than last week. Very hard to hit a green with that wind.

Few of us from here out in the worst of it this morning as well, need our heads examined!! Only i knew it would be good crack I'd have left it for another day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

1st round of golf in 20 months, shoulder operation in there too.
    No range practice or anything. Last handicap was 14

So was delighted with 6 pars, a birdie and only 1 scratched hole around millicent

350750.png
    350751.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

AHHHH, time to start pulling my hair out!

So out in the medal in my home place last Sunday. Playing with 2 random members that I didn't know. Was a strong cross breeze blowing so scoring was tough.

Anyway, so I was 3 down on strokes after 9 holes, not great, but could be made up without too much difficulty.

10th hole is a short par 4, about 255 yrds off the medal tees. I hit a hybrid down to leave me about a 70 yard pitch. Had to go in a little lower than I would have liked due to an overhanging tree, but was left with a tricky put of about 20 feet. One of my playing partners put the flag down & was standing beside it. Soon as I hit it I knew it was too hard & had putted through the break. Ball was heading towards the flag on the ground, so I let a shout at my partner standing beside it to move the flag. He stared dumbly at me & watched my ball trickle down & hit the flag. GREAT, 2 shot penalty.

Played around the rest of the way in a bit of a mood which the same guy compounded by apparantly trying to drop a ball from his pocket on a potentially lost ball. He claimed to have found it only for the 3rd of our group to find it under the trees 40 yards further back, 10 seconds later.

Anyway, I ended up shooting Gross 91, Net 79 after the 2 shot penalty. I see the CSS today was 75, so without the penalty I would have hit 77 & my buffer. Needless to say I'm not in a fantastic mood about it today. I know its partly my fault in that I overhit the putt, but there was ample time for him to move it given he was standing beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Played 9 holes at the short R&R public course in Dunboyne on Sunday. Hit 4 over par but with some proper putting it could have been 1 over, I pushed three putts inside 5 feet. Tee to green was good though on a windy day.

79 gross in Portmarnock links this morning for 40 pts. Now only one good score from single digits.

J

Great round J - about time too (near single figures).

Had 36 points (78 strokes) - got away on me in middle with 2 doubles , both with 3 putts. One double from 100 yards out.

Had a level par front nine - and back to a little bit of form.

Doubt it is a cut as - perfect out there. Class day for golf.

Looks like we will have a high CSS today, there is a 41 one, which is quite rare in our place.

Looks like my scratch from 180 yards on 7 will cost me a win. Beautiful day today, got out at 7:30 and done in 3 hours.

J

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Casual round in Palmerstown this morning, weather perfect, course in great nick, no sign of any recent rain anywhere.
    Played muck, either short off the tee or horrendous approach shots but one hole away from a unique round, one treble and 17 bogeys, 4 lips outs, can't remember the last time I didn't have at least a good few pars :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement