Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was waiting for beaker but if he wants more/less I can change it again anyway. The option reads

Close poll ___ days after 11-09-2015

and I put in 4. Honestly can't recall if it's 4 days after the time on the 11th it was posted or from when the 11th started (00:00) but either way it's back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Was waiting for beaker but if he wants more/less I can change it again anyway. The option reads

Close poll ___ days after 11-09-2015

and I put in 4. Honestly can't recall if it's 4 days after the time on the 11th it was posted or from when the 11th started (00:00) but either way it's back up.

Its usually 4 days from when the poll is posted. id say the weekend had a hand in the voting turn out, as the polls that went up all had low voting turn out. I know myself, I was very busy the weekend myself.

In the interest of fairness, with the poll reopen on TSC v Gerry and the lower voter turn out Ill have a mod re oprn my match with Hashtag. and Hulk and Liz for 1 more day.

So far we have one QF set with Bounty Hunter taking on MNG and ill pop up the reaining first round matches in the hour.

Welcome back to MrKiscool..... the final matches are up guys. have at it and vote if you can on other matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Welcome back to MrKiscool..... the final matches are up guys. have at it and vote if you can on other matches
    Thanks, also is this just current wrestlers or anyone at all?

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

Anyone at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone at all.

I took it to mean anyone active at the moment but the question has been blown wide open now. I'll get on this this evening. Welcome back MrK

Oh its anyone, doesnt have to be WWE roster restrictive too. Theres many internet darlings through out wrestling at the minute and in history, choose who you think doesnt the deserve all the praise and hoopla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Good to see everyone putting in such an effort on this. It's really enjoyable I must say even after I've been eliminated. Some pretty good ideas floating around. Start a promotion!

Risky decision going for Ziggler. There were two other guys I could have picked that I may not have believed in but would have helped. Picking Ziggler could go against me, but I truly believe what I wrote.

• Advertisement

The picture you used is perfect....

Risky decision going for Ziggler. There were two other guys I could have picked that I may not have believed in but would have helped. Picking Ziggler could go against me, but I truly believe what I wrote.

Was gonna pick him myself, f*ck!!!!! Now I've to argue against my instincts. Balls.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Was gonna pick him myself, f*ck!!!!! Now I've to argue against my instincts. Balls.

Ah theres so many great answers IMO, lots of scope

So what way are the brackets looking after this round is over and done with, who faces who?

So what way are the brackets looking after this round is over and done with, who faces who?

QF1 :Bounty Hunter vs MrNiceGuy
    QF2 : MrKiscool/Omackeral vs Imnothulk/ Jp Liz
    QF3 :Lord TSC/GerryBBadd vs Hashtag Heel/Beaker Joe
    OF4 : ChessieWagstaff/ BrianRegan vs WinnieThePoo/ TBC

Ah theres so many great answers IMO, lots of scope

Oh I know, it's just I was formulating reasons why I think he's overrated, now I've to go against myself ha! I've someone in mind, will do it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Hey just home from work now. Hopefully have mine up in the next couple of hours. Awesome question.

I'm not long in from work myself chaps so getting down to doing up my opening post. Have my choice made..

My first post up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My last reply up this was alot harder than i thought best of luck Cheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'll have my choice up around lunch time tomorrow

I'm in with my choice for overrated Internet darling.

I'm in with my choice for overrated Internet darling.
    Yep, he was one of the ones I considered. Him or Christian would have been good, but if you had chosen Wyatt you would have won as I love the chap too much haha.

I never even thought of Christian, that's a good shout. The Scott Hall vs Roddy Piper for Best to Never Hold the World Title is a cracking match. Cheese and BrianRegan have brought the fight and it's getting a bit heated too, check it out if you haven't. I could go either way on what I've read so far but there is one more rebuttal to come.

QF2 : MrKiscool/Omackeral vs Imnothulk/ Jp Liz
    QF3 :Lord TSC/GerryBBadd vs Hashtag Heel/Beaker Joe
    Cool, cheers for posting.

2 hours left to go in the GerrybBadd v Lord TSC match..... voting is tight so vote if you havent.....

Also Im laughing at BrianRegens line of "Vince had teh horn for him" in reference to Hogan. It just made me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,538 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian overrated no way :p

Congratulations to GerryBBadd and commiserations to Lord TSC, a very good argument dished out and it was only 2 votes in it in the end.

• Advertisement

I'll start on my rebuttal later tonight as I'm in work til 8pm and have a soccer match at 9. Congrats Gerry and hard luck TSC , that was neck and neck as far as I could see.

The argument for Dolph Ziggler being one of the most overrated internet darlings is a compelling one. I probably would have written something very similar if I had gotten that question.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, I'm just glad anyone voted Cesaro at all. Thought it was a shakey arguement, and I lost a bit of faith as I kept going, so thanks to everyone who voted for me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm enjoying the one about best never to be world champ. Kinda funny how pretty much all the names that spring to mind for that one are Hogan era :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ah, havent been on here all day! Delighted to have won, many thanks to all the voters.

Commiserations Lord TSC, that was some battle!

Myself and ImnotHulk go into the next round after 2 great match ups.

Great eforts by both Liz and Hashtag, who I personally though had me beat. A match worthy of the final and I feel my choice of Sandow won rather than my arguement as Hashtag had one hell of a point in Adam Roses miss use.

Poll up in the Cheese v Regan battle, and cheese has one more rebuttal left if he wants to use it.

The brackets are now -
    QF2 : MrKiscool/Omackeral vs Imnothulk
    QF3 : GerryBBadd vs Beaker Joe

I face Gerry again in the Q-Final, in a rematch from last year which Gerry Won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You did me proud Liz.

Of course, I'm not going to come out when the tournament is over and claim I was never actually eliminated and start a big clock for the era of Castormania

No just cash in instead!

This storyline writes itself. Liz goes on an amazing run and goes and wins the whole tournament. Then a spiteful CastorTroy returns out of nowhere and batters her declaring himself the Real World's Champion. They face off in a title vs title match, winner is undisputed champion.

I predicted this lads, get of your high horse! Anyway, my reply is up vs MrKisCool

I predicted this lads, get of your high horse! Anyway, my reply is up vs MrKisCool
    Touch of real class in your opening two sentences. I appreciate that man, I knew when I drew you it was going to be a very good debate. Should have my reply up by early evening.

I had hoped to get it up last night (ha so did she, not so classy now :P) but had a soccer match straight after working 12 hours and was just wrecked so hit the shower and bed pretty much straight away. It's a good debate so far, cant wait to shoot straight with ya after and see what we really think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,538 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well debated and congrats Imnotthehulk

My choices when I saw the question were Rollins, Bryan and Kane. Three very different situations but I think Seth was 100% the best of the 3.

surprised nobody went with Sting, yeah it's obvious but it's obvious for a reason. Rollins vs Angle, this will be interesting

surprised nobody went with Sting, yeah it's obvious but it's obvious for a reason. Rollins vs Angle, this will be interesting

My problem with Sting is my problem with Angle; where do you from there?

My problem with Sting is my problem with Angle; where do you from there?

To the bank! Nostalgia sells baby $$$$

nah seriously you have a point and it'l be interesting to see how it's countered by Winnie

Hey TBC. Great post. Hopefully get my reply tomorrow morning. My choices in my head where Angle, B.Wyatt(possible tag match) and Seth Rollins myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

no retirement match vs Kane ppppffffffffff and the brothers of destruction leave together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'd be in favour of that. Anything to get rid of Kane!

Can't wait for Kane to make his heroic return to save The Shield Sunday! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

My final rebuttal is up now. Possibly the most thrilling one so far, perhaps because it's been so drawn out. May the best man win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement