Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ye have outstanding cian lynch at senior some consolation though
    Going to be awesome if he gets coaching required at senior to get him next level as he's got it all imo

No doubt if he keeps his head. He lacks a bit of strength and aggression which he will develop over time but he's one of the "wristiest" hurlers i've seen a while. When he made his senior debut against Na Piarsigh a few years back they didn't know what to do with him. He would have been 16 or just turned 17 at the time and he came on and scored 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Colemania wrote: »
    . When he made his senior debut against Na Piarsigh a few years back they didn't know what to do with him. He would have been 16 or just turned 17 at the time and he came on and scored 3 points.

The Kilkenny minors did not that trouble last year

The Kilkenny minors did not that trouble last year

Jesus aren't they great altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Jesus aren't they great altogether

Just keeping a bit of reality in it. Young Lynch is a fine prospect but that is all he is yet. Limerick have a choice of playing and damaging him like they did to Andrew O'Shaughnessy at too young an age or let him develop for a year or two at under 21 and by the way yes they were great. Young John Walsh scored 2-5 in that final but you don't hear of him being bandied about in Kilkenny.

Just keeping a bit of reality in it. Young Lynch is a fine prospect but that is all he is yet. Limerick have a choice of playing and damaging him like they did to Andrew O'Shaughnessy at too young an age or let him develop for a year or two at under 21 and by the way yes they were great. Young John Walsh scored 2-5 in that final but you don't hear of him being bandied about in Kilkenny.

We damaged Andrew O'Shaughnessy? You'd want to read up on why he left the panel. Give the man some respect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Disappointing result for us this evening :(

Silly red card for two yellows within ten minutes as well as conceding a scrappy goal inside a minute and it was an uphill battle for the entire game. Glenroe hit another scrappy goal, almost directly from a long puck-out and we didn't have the firepower to match them, they used their extra man well. It was fairly comfortable for them really.

Our two county minors- Kyle Hayes & Darren O'Connell never really got into the game, Mark O'Connell was the most dangerous forward on the pitch. Stephen Fox and Stephen Walsh did well for them. Our backs mostly did well but the ball kept coming back really.

Conditions awful too, didn't help anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

Ignoramus.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

Oh ok sound. Probably biased here but surprised there's no Patrickswell lads on the panel. Have won a lot underage and would have won more if it wasn't for meeting Na Piarsigh or Doon in any final they got to :P

Not this year's group Colemania. Well off the level of Na P, Murroe Boher and Doon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Well if Alan Dempsey isn't added to the county panel my head will fcuking explode. The only problem with him is to work out if he's a corner back, midfielder, sweeper or man marker for tony Kelly.

Na P won by 2 will do a proper report tomorrow or monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Well if Alan Dempsey isn't added to the county panel my head will fcuking explode. The only problem with him is to work out if he's a corner back, midfielder, sweeper or man marker for tony Kelly.

Thought I saw somewhere that he was off to the US for the summer....should be on the limerick panel though...never got a proper chance at all

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Thought I saw somewhere that he was off to the US for the summer....should be on the limerick panel though...never got a proper chance at all

That would be depressing, best player out there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

I agree. He was good last night then? Flights are booked though. Teege seems to have made it clear he doesn't rate him, despite the fact that he regularly outplays county starters at club level and the fact that he is clearly highly rated for Fitz level at LIT. He has a great attitude too. I don't get it, it's the only major thing I can put my finger on and say TJ has called it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I agree. He was good last night then? Flights are booked though. Teege seems to have made it clear he doesn't rate him, despite the fact that he regularly outplays county starters at club level and the fact that he is clearly highly rated for Fitz level at LIT. He has a great attitude too. I don't get it, it's the only major thing I can put my finger on and say TJ has called it wrong.

I'll try and answer this for you seen as you did ask the question
    Just to say advance it's not repeat old stuff as you will say but imo I can't change the answer so it will be repeated but not for choice in its the only answer available and imo dempsey not their the reason is is simple as proven by other calls this management there perception of players is at times questionable
    To say it's only one thing imo is wrong in as many said after niall moran shouldn't been recalled when he even left mid season himself on the panel

Best of luck limerick ladies footballers v offaly league final today
    Coached by cork Eddie Murphy
    They win or loose deserve great credit for their achievements to date

Mehapoy wrote: »

I agree with all that totally

Was a dire night for a hurling game, so hard to read too much into it.

Na P had the breeze and had an 8 point lead at one point, they went in at half time 5 up. Doon's touch and passing was very poor and they really struggled in the conditions, ref was over fussy and there wasn't a lot of good hurling done in the first half.

Second half was a better game with done twice getting it to a 2 point game but Na P goals kept them ahead.

Not sure doon have a county player, they've lots of good players but no star, darragh O'Donovan might have been best for them especially when he moved to Centre forward.

For Na P, james o' brien played at half forward and was anonymous, not sure where he goes from here. Ronan Lynch was at 7, and looked very accomplished to me, played well. Still don't think cathal king is good enough, started centre back went half and then to full. David breen got 2 goals before going off injured, nothing serious. He's runs that go nowhere are fcuking ridiculous at this stage, he received two hand passes for his 2 goals petty he cant learn the lesson and get his fcuking head up to pick out a team mate himself. Dowling didn't really do much at FF and was well marshalled on the half, looked fit. Downes came on and caught two puckouts, well be well able for 3 weeks time imo.

Dempsey was excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Waterford beat everyone in the league but they couldn't beat us :pac:

Was a dire night for a hurling game, so hard to read too much into it.

Na P had the breeze and had an 8 point lead at one point, they went in at half time 5 up. Doon's touch and passing was very poor and they really struggled in the conditions, ref was over fussy and there wasn't a lot of good hurling done in the first half.

Second half was a better game with done twice getting it to a 2 point game but Na P goals kept them ahead.

Not sure doon have a county player, they've lots of good players but no star, darragh O'Donovan might have been best for them especially when he moved to Centre forward.

For Na P, james o' brien played at half forward and was anonymous, not sure where he goes from here. Ronan Lynch was at 7, and looked very accomplished to me, played well. Still don't think cathal king is good enough, started centre back went half and then to full. David breen got 2 goals before going off injured, nothing serious. He's runs that go nowhere are fcuking ridiculous at this stage, he received two hand passes for his 2 goals petty he cant learn the lesson and get his fcuking head up to pick out a team mate himself. Dowling didn't really do much at FF and was well marshalled on the half, looked fit. Downes came on and caught two puckouts, well be well able for 3 weeks time imo.

Dempsey was excellent.

Was Richie English marking Dowling? If not, how did he do?

Would you be worried about Dowling's lack of top form in recent times or do you think he'll step up when it matters? Downes to start wing-forward?

Waterford beat everyone in the league but they couldn't beat us :pac:

One encouraging thing from our league campaign maybe :pac:

Didn't have a program, couldn't say where English was, wouldn't recognise him

On Dowling class is permanent Im not concerned about him

Id pick downes on the half just to secure some possession alright

• Advertisement

Didn't have a program, couldn't say where English was, wouldn't recognise him

On Dowling class is permanent Im not concerned about him

Id pick downes on the half just to secure some possession alright

Just had a look at the programme (which was excellent btw, well done county board), he was named as number 22 and wasn't in the starting lineup. Neither were Dean Coleman or Pat Ryan... did Doon line out 1-15? Must have been carrying injuries, those are 3 big players for them.

Would NaP not be better off putting James O'Brien in the half-back line once Downes is fit, he's really not a forward at all. How did Dave Dempsey do actually?

It would have been nice to get promoted, or to win silverware in the league. Waterford winning it shows that there is no excuse for being in 1B really, if you're a good enough side. I guess it's fair enough being a 'Championship team' and Championship performances since 2012 despite poor league campaigns show that, I guess, but it's a bit unfair on supporters. I mean I don't really mind myself but there are a lot of more casual fans who aren't going to go to games if the team aren't going to give 100%... there's not that many games in the year. It's all focus on Clare now, I think we can beat them, but the performance would want to be hugely hugely improved from the Dublin game... and I still don't know how we're going to win clean possession against the strongest teams.

Yeah either 22 or 23 started corner back for doon, cant recall which. Yeah JO'B should move back. Dave Dempsey was ok, conditions were very bad.both edit, 22 and 23 started one corner back the other in the forwards

Yeah either 22 or 23 started corner back for doon, cant recall which. Yeah JO'B should move back. Dave Dempsey was ok, conditions were very bad.both edit, 22 and 23 started one corner back the other in the forwards

Conditions were awful in Ballyagran too, really was a very bad night for hurling.

Number 23 was Thomas Hayes, the current minor, according to the programme.

Just back from Patrickswell Effin. 3-24 to 1-7 to the well. Effin definitely favourites for relegation. Only 3 points from play for them. Patrickswell hit about 15-20 wides so can't afford to keep doing that. Thomas O'Brien scored about 1-4 and Kevin O'Brien got 2-2. Two great goals

Nicky worth about 6 points to effin, they'll really struggle without him. couple of other players missing from last year too.

Bruee had a good one over blackrock, bruee huge side be very close to promotion id say.

Just back from Patrickswell Effin. 3-24 to 1-7 to the well. Effin definitely favourites for relegation. Only 3 points from play for them. Patrickswell hit about 15-20 wides so can't afford to keep doing that. Thomas O'Brien scored about 1-4 and Kevin O'Brien got 2-2. Two great goals

How did Seanie O'Brien & Cian Lynch do?

That's a huge scoreline alright, without Nicky, they're not half the team but even a player as good as him wouldn't make much dent in a 23-point victory.

Senior
    Kilmallock 2-14 Ahane 1-13

South Liberties 2-12 Murroe/Boher 1-14

Na Piarsaigh 3-13 Doon 2-14

Ballybrown 0-14 Adare 0-14

Bruff 1-13 Croom 1-10

Patrickswell 3-24 Effin 1-07

Premier Intermediate
    Knockainey 1-12 Pallasgreen 2-8

Bruree 1-20 Blackrock 0-16

Monaleen 2-15 Dromin/Athlacca 0-16

Garryspillane 2-13 Granagh/Ballingarry 1-5

Intermediate
    St. Kieran's 1-11 Caherline 0-10

Feenagh/Kilmeedy 2-8 Knockaderry 2-8

Feohanagh 1-15 Claughaun 1-3

Glenroe 2-13 Kildimo/Pallaskenry 0-7

Newcastlewest 1-7 Hospital/Herbertstown 1-6

Mungret 3-16 Cappamore 0-16

Fireball07 wrote: »
    How did Seanie O'Brien & Cian Lynch do?

That's a huge scoreline alright, without Nicky, they're not half the team but even a player as good as him wouldn't make much dent in a 23-point victory.

Seanie, byrnes and carmody were the half back line. All played great especially byrnes and seanie. Seanie got a point or 2 from half back. Lynch played in midfield and had a great game. Scored about 5 points and was the playmaker in the team. Dunno how he'd cope against someone like kilmallock but promising all the same. TJ was there watching on but hard to know what to take from that kind of game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Loughnane's spies are bang on the money... big questions over Limerick's fitness. Clare to romp home I reckon.

• Advertisement

I actually can't wait; we might have had a poor league but I can't wait for a crack off Clare; I'm sure the lads will be up for it. They've got just under three weeks to get preparations right, hopefully there will be no more interruptions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement