Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

bp wrote: »
    Wahoo - coming into week eight here....well really 8 plus six but sounds better than 9!!! Just waiting for my toodler to lie down and sleep....this will not be in a few weeks!!!!

9 +5 left for me, crazy to be down to single digits, the time has absolutely flown by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I've 6 weeks left from tomorrow, this pregnancy has flown by. Bellybutton is so sore cos the skin is so stretch, can't imagine how it's going to feel in 6 more weeks:eek:
    Have had a busy few days, got up with the little man at 7:30 this morning & went back to bed at 10am when hubby got up & slept until 1pm. Haven't done that since J was a newborn & I was doing night feeds. Didn't realise how exhausted I was!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

5 weeks and three days for me, can't wait... Moved my 14 month old into her new room tonight, she s very unsettled at the best of times, so hoping she won't be too bad tonight. Wanted to get her sorted and moved before the baba comes along. I had a scan today and the baby is measuring 5 pounds and 6 ounces.... average... still you never know...My first was 9 pounds, so I d say this little one will be the same if not bigger....

I don't go to the hospital for check ups so I never get estimated weights, I just get my bump measured. Be interesting to see what weight this baby will be, my first was 8lbs even. They say your second is bigger but they also say girls are smaller so I don't know.
    I know my bump is smaller this time round but I think it's more because this baby is lower & lying a different way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I was told my first was small to average... I didn't believe it and rightly so - it was over 9 pounds :-)

Took crib etc from attic last night - time to start washing baby clothes in preparation...smelly from being in a box for two years

I've all the clothes washing done, just a few bits left to get for my bag.
    My main focus atm is trying to arrange my sons birthday party as he turns 3 2 days after I'm due so I'm trying to get everything done for that while I have the time & energy!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I've all the clothes washing done, just a few bits left to get for my bag.
    My main focus atm is trying to arrange my sons birthday party as he turns 3 2 days after I'm due so I'm trying to get everything done for that while I have the time & energy!

Oh wow - I am sure it will be a lovely birthday either way :-)

Just back from the midwives. Baby is nice & deep in the pelvis, wonder if that means I could go early?!
    Not back with the midwives for 4 weeks, I'll be 38 weeks then, can't believe it's getting so close :eek:

Just back from the midwives. Baby is nice & deep in the pelvis, wonder if that means I could go early?!
    Not back with the midwives for 4 weeks, I'll be 38 weeks then, can't believe it's getting so close :eek:

Probably not (sorry!) Well not from what happened with me - head down for 12 weeks and came on time

• Advertisement

Probably not (sorry!) Well not from what happened with me - head down for 12 weeks and came on time

Damn, a girl can dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

An update on the diabetes, unfortunately despite a good diet, I was having trouble controlling the blood sugars. Today they started me on insulin, four injections a day! I've also got to keep testing the sugars seven times a day, I'll be like a pin cushion in no time.

Separate to that does anyone else get pains down low, like baby is pressing down hard on your insides. I've been getting that a lot lately, sometimes it's enough to make me go ouch out load��

nirvana78 wrote: »
    An update on the diabetes, unfortunately despite a good diet, I was having trouble controlling the blood sugars. Today they started me on insulin, four injections a day! I've also got to keep testing the sugars seven times a day, I'll be like a pin cushion in no time.

Separate to that does anyone else get pains down low, like baby is pressing down hard on your insides. I've been getting that a lot lately, sometimes it's enough to make me go ouch out load��

Oh you poor thing, sorry to hear that.

On the pains, yep I get them too. Just mention it and your next appointment or ring the hospital for reassurance

On the pains, yep I get them too. Just mention it and your next appointment or ring the hospital for reassurance

I'm back at the hospital next week, so I'll mention it then. Just realised I'm booked in for my section eight weeks from today, woohoo

I'm back at the hospital next week, so I'll mention it then. Just realised I'm booked in for my section eight weeks from today, woohoo

Wahoo :-) it will fly by!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Sorry to hear you've had to go on the insulin, it's tough going having to inject yourself and then check your bloods too...Thank god you only have 8 weeks to go, hopefully it ll fly by for you....

My readings haven't been great in the last two days, but non are over 8 or under 3, so I met my consultant yesterday thats looking after the baby side of things and he was very happy. Said there was no indication of diabetes, baby measuring average (probably wont be though again its born, my first was 9 pounds)... and there isnt excessive fluid around the baby etc.. My diabetic consultant may not be happy with my numbers though, we ll see.. I have a prescription for an insulin pen and will have to inject 2mil twice a day if I need to go on it.. Im trying my best to not have to, but getting fairly fed up of the restrictive diet...

I now realise the insulin is a good thing for me, it's just an extra inconvenience. I have to take two different types of insulin, so two different pens and I have to eat no later than five minutes after I inject. This Saturday I'm meeting some friends for lunch, I don't fancy injecting in the toilets but nor do I fancy doing it in the restaurant. It's things like that that make it frustrating, plus I agree the restricted diet can get to you.

Getting some Braxton Hicks pains tonight & bump is like a rock.
    Never had anything like this last time, hoping it's a good sign for me going into labour myself this time :)

I dreamt my husband was pregnant and gave birth last night (who knows how as he was how men are meant to be down there!!) But wouldn't it be nice for men to be 8 months pregnant for a day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Hi all due 13 April just wondering if anybody heard back re their maternity benefit yet? Got the acknowledgment that's all so far. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

traineeacc wrote: »
    Hi all due 13 April just wondering if anybody heard back re their maternity benefit yet? Got the acknowledgment that's all so far. Thanks

Yeah I got a letter about a week after the acknowledgement saying I had been approved and would receive it from the date I finish work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

So far I've just gotten the acknowledgement too, hopefully I'll get the next bit soon. Got sent home from work today because I somehow managed to wallop my bump off a shelf? Loads of movement from baby since so Everything seems to be fine but I got an awful fright and I couldn't help but get a bit upset, I'm so scared I've hurt him or her because I read at the weekend they can feel pain by now :-( :-(

So far I've just gotten the acknowledgement too, hopefully I'll get the next bit soon. Got sent home from work today because I somehow managed to wallop my bump off a shelf? Loads of movement from baby since so Everything seems to be fine but I got an awful fright and I couldn't help but get a bit upset, I'm so scared I've hurt him or her because I read at the weekend they can feel pain by now :-( :-(

They are so well protected in there....my toodler head butted my bump recently. Call your midwife for a chat if you are worried

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Thanks bp, that does help. logically I know there's so much fluid and padding that no harm was done but it's hard not to panic sometimes. I actually did call the midwife and she was v reassuring, she said once there's no bruising or bleeding and I feel ok in myself then everything's grand. Gonna keep the feet up and mind myself for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

On my first I bumped my stomach off my desk and was in such a panic at the time the midwife said same re bleeding and brusing. I was quite close to due date at time and there wasn't a bother on my wee man

It takes a lot of force for any sensation to get through the amount of fluid and protection to them, women can fall quite forcefully on their bumps and still have not a bother on the baby, so a small wallop wouldn't do much. My cat walks across my stomach the whole time with her needle like paws and he/she/it doesn't even notice!

They are so well protected in there....my toodler head butted my bump recently. Call your midwife for a chat if you are worried

My little fella did something similar a few weeks ago while rough housing with his Dad on the couch beside me. I got such a fright (plus it really hurt) I jumped up & let out a yell at both of them. J started bawling & I felt terrible as it was only an accident but it's frightening all the same.
    Baby was kicking away a few minutes later not a bother on her, leaving me to make it up to her brother :o

I am having the absolute crap kicked out of me, all evening every evening. I nearly laugh when the midwife/gp ask "feeling movement?", yes! ALL THE MOVEMENT! :P There cannot be enough space for 8 more weeks of growth, my pesky ribs and organs are just in this baby's way.

My poor baba hasn't even got any room to kick anymore, movement is more of a squirmming/stretching feeling now but she'll do it quite suddenly & make me gasp sometimes.
    Can't imagine where another 4.5 weeks of growth is going to go, my bump already sits on my lap when I'm sitting down :D

• Advertisement

Yeah bump and my ribs are having issues - I don't know how I will get through the next 7+ weeks!!!!

How the hell are you supposed to get any sleep when your stomach is twitching and moving all over the place?? Urgh, makes me feel like puking or getting up and just standing against a wall at 5am :(

I lost my phone today while sitting on the couch, I searched everywhere but to no avail. After the standard struggle to get off the couch, the phone fell onto the floor. The poor thing had been consumed by my rather oversized bump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I lost my phone today while sitting on the couch, I searched everywhere but to no avail. After the standard struggle to get off the couch, the phone fell onto the floor. The poor thing had been consumed by my rather oversized bump!

That made me laugh - I've done something similar with my debit card while online shopping! :o

I keep losing my phone down the couch and can't lie on my belly to save it from underneath, I have to stop putting it on the couch!

I started a bit of a bag for the hospital today, just because I was unpacking the bag I'm going to use from a trip over the weekend so thought I might as well get it started now as I don't need it again. Just some loose tops, pj shorts, towel, maternity towels, breast pads and baby wipes and a toothbrush in it so far. It's a great bag, it's carry on luggage size but weighs 500g by itself so you can fit a ton of stuff in it!

Yeah I have two bags on the go, adding bits and pieces as I go along. It's scary to think that our bundles of loudness will be here next month. I'll be glad to get rid of this diabetes I'm sick of it. I'm having a day of overwhelming feel sorry for myself. My ten year old says "I look depressed" cheers! I thought to myself.

• Advertisement

Yeah my husband had a moment earlier when I put the buggy together of "omg we're going to have something to put into that". I'm that fed up of heartburn, swelling and brutal movements that late April/May can't come soon enough, despite how massively unprepared I am mentally/emotionally for all of this!

I packed my bags and have washed my toodlers baby grows.....cannot believe how small babies are!

I had my hospital checkup today and despite the diabetes, baby is measuring exactly as it should be. My weight is the same as it was a month ago, so that shows the diet is working. I also got the big reveal, two registrars strongly agreed it's a boy. I'm delighted, it's good to get all positive news.

Baby4 wrote: »
    My ankles & feet are swollen for the first time today. It's slightly concerning. Are any of you experiencing this?? I have Cankles 😞

It's pretty common, extra fluid causes swelling. Just elevate them when you can and drink plenty water.

• Advertisement

Baby4 wrote: »

I had this pretty bad during my last pregnancy, not so much on this one (so far). So long as it's not accompanied by headaches or spots in front of the eyes it usually more annoying than dangerous but as always you should mention any concerns you have to your GP/midwife.

Heartburn, hunger, feeling like I'm going to puke, all of these are getting very old now. The massive kicks are not helping!

Anyone else suffering from being too warm atm?
    My feet especially so. My greatest pleasure right now is walking bare foot in the cold kitchen tiles, it's heaven :)

Anyone else suffering from being too warm atm?
    My feet especially so. My greatest pleasure right now is walking bare foot in the cold kitchen tiles, it's heaven :)

I'm normally a cold creature so I'm enjoying this unusual warmth :) It's very warm outside too though, probably not helping you. I'm sitting here with 2 tops, a hoodie, tracksuit pants, thick socks, slippers and a blanket, you'd probably hate it :P

Couldn't sleep much at all last night, between my husband breathing (how dare he!), heartburn, aches and pains, hunger, dodgy tummy, ugh.
    Had a small bit of pink spotting
    and for a few seconds I awfully hoped it was the start of something, I'm such a bad person :o I'm just finding it all so difficult, can't do much of anything without suffering for it in some way :(

Oh God I think I had a hot flush just reading what you are wearing!!! I'm lying, spread eagle across my bed, in shorts & t-shirt pjs, under the ceiling fan & I still can't cool down. Think a cold shower might go down well now :P

I'm due in 4 weeks, by next week I'll be considered full term so every little ache or pain I feel I keep hoping it's the start of something :D

I still have 7 weeks left, when I get to 36-37 I'll be seriously counting down! I surely have to run out of space before 40-42 weeks. Going by family history of the last two generations of women 38-40 is the usual, none overdue, and with very very small bumps, lack of space definitely drives them out!! :p Looks like I'm going to be the 3rd generation with a teeny tiny unnoticeable bump, so if the genetics could stay the same for delivery that'd be great :)

We seem to be over cookers in our family, I was 9 days over last time, even an induction couldn't get him out, he had to be forcably evicted by c-section in the end :D
    My sister was 13, 11, & 4 days over on hers. I've a feeling I may be still sitting here miserably in mid April waiting for something to happen :rolleyes:

I'm back to work late July regardless of when this baby is born so that's another reason that early would suit me :o If I go 7-10 days overdue that's one of the big things that I'll be disappointed about (quite irrationally I know, small in the grand scheme of things), but I'm just so miserable and uncomfortable now I can't even imagine going over. Hopefully though I'll eventually get a proper bump and ease some of the pressure on my organs and the severity of the movements, that would make it more tolerable.

How do I seven weeks to go.....how can I get any bigger!!! Ahh - I felt the same way last time too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement