Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I had one inserted.

I liked it

To strengthen your core?:p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

He wants to be a Pink Lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,157 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adam Richman from Man vs Food has lost quite a bit of weight

He wants to be a Pink Lady.

granny smith.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Anyone trying vinegar with meals? 1 tbsp is supposed to have all kinds of benefits (lower blood sugar [not that I care about that :)], more useable energy etc), but I'm getting a localized pain in my left arm (tendon) after a few days of 3 tbsp/day. Is vinegar leeching minerals, and would I need to get some supplements, or any other explanation? Noone else reports this side effect.

I've a pretty nutritions diet (e.g. ox tail soup tonight, eggs etc) otherwise, and tried the vinegar a few times, and every time I get this side-effect...

rocky wrote: »
    Anyone trying vinegar with meals? 1 tbsp is supposed to have all kinds of benefits (lower blood sugar [not that I care about that :)], more useable energy etc), but I'm getting a localized pain in my left arm (tendon) after a few days of 3 tbsp/day. Is vinegar leeching minerals, and would I need to get some supplements, or any other explanation? Noone else reports this side effect.

I've a pretty nutritions diet (e.g. ox tail soup tonight, eggs etc) otherwise, and tried the vinegar a few times, and every time I get this side-effect...

Vinegar in rat models can aid glycogen replenishment after excercise so maybe you're trying to stuff a bit too much glycogen in the bicep. :)

Seriously though no idea, why 3tbsp? Does it not tear the throat off you?

1 tbsp with each meal... ACV 5% diluted in water

1. Stop taking it and see if it stops
    2. Start taking it again and see if you observe the same effect
    3. ????
    4. Nobel prize

• Advertisement

As I said,
    and tried the vinegar a few times, and every time I get this side-effect...

I meant I started and stopped about 4 times, and got the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Then stop taking it?

Insightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dat Alan Aragon

7AN7p3.jpg

Check out the latest cover of TIME:
    Bp7StlGCMAEqwuK.png

Aww yiss..

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Didn't want to start another thread but I was wondering, is something like chicken liver pate something that is ok to eat fairly regularly? I find it addictive...I know liver in itself is meant to be very nutritious.

ciara1052 wrote: »
    Didn't want to start another thread but I was wondering, is something like chicken liver pate something that is ok to eat fairly regularly? I find it addictive...I know liver in itself is meant to be very nutritious.

That depends on how much of it you eat and what you eat the rest of the day. There's no one food item that is good or bad. It should be looked at in the context of your day/week as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

That depends on how much of it you eat and what you eat the rest of the day. There's no one food item that is good or bad. It should be looked at in the context of your day/week as a whole.

It's just as a snack 2/3 times weekly. Every other bit of my diet is grand (I think - followed instruction from this thread :pac:) I'm not trying to lose weight either - more just trying to vary what I eat.

Unless you're eating industrial quantities of it, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I haven't posted in ages, but I have been reading some threads. I've noticed two justifications for eating/doing less than healthy things that have increased in popularity in the past year.
    The first seems to be an attitude of 'well it's better than x so I'm going to eat y instead' which sounds fine until you read some of the x's and y's
    The second is a more complicated replacement relationship where the person seems to use things that they don't have/do or never did/had(at least so far) and use it as positive so that they can do a negative.

I loled.

In case any of you do either of these things and are now getting heated up for a reply, stop for a minute, breathe/chill, think a bit and realise it doesn't matter partly because I don't care how anybody else eats and it really shouldn't matter to you what other people are thinking. The part I'm interested in is how the mind works and why.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the 'just let me starve myself because being thin = automatic health' crowd are getting more prevalent.

And boy do they get touchy when you suggest MAYBE that's not the best way to go about things.

I'm confused.

If I replace meals with a thimbleful of marvellously-marketed liquid, will I not have a bikini-body like the hottie in the ad?

*sad face*

I'm confused.

If I replace meals with a thimbleful of marvellously-marketed liquid, will I not have a bikini-body like the hottie in the ad?

*sad face*

That stuff needs regulation. I honestly feel these fads are fuelling the weight problem.

It takes hard work, there's just no other way, it doesn't have to be torture, and there are definitely things you can do to make it easier (eat filling, healthier foods for one) but there is DEFINITELY no easy way. I would have found it. I would have sold it and I'd be typing this on my Carribbean island right now. :)

That stuff needs regulation. I honestly feel these fads are fuelling the weight problem.

They also fuel the continuous promotion of themselves.

Meal-replacement for X weeks -> back to 'normal' eating -> weight goes back on -> meal replacement package is purchased again.

And the beat goes on.

But healthy eating isn't sexy. It's green-and-wilted/grey, it's bland and it tastes like cardboard, obvz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

You mean there's no quick fix? It takes work?

........but I'm not patient and I don't like work.

One of the best quotes I read on the subject is 'People will do ANYTHING to lose weight...except eat healthy and exercise.'

Also, the emphasis is always on losing the weight, that's all anyone wants the hear about, when the real hard part is maintaining. Maintaining is at least 3 times harder. You have no 'yay I lost a lb' feeling to sustain you, 'oh, I'm the same weight, yay?' doesn't quite give the same buzz.

One of the best quotes I read on the subject is 'People will do ANYTHING to lose weight...except eat healthy and exercise.'

Also, the emphasis is always on losing the weight, that's all anyone wants the hear about, when the real hard part is maintaining. Maintaining is at least 3 times harder. You have no 'yay I lost a lb' feeling to sustain you, 'oh, I'm the same weight, yay?' doesn't quite give the same buzz.

so dont maintain, constantly cut and bulk in smaller and smaller increments.

I lost 9 grams, awesome, time to bulk again. I gained 12 grams beast mode. cut time!

so dont maintain, constantly cut and bulk in smaller and smaller increments.

I lost 9 grams, awesome, time to bulk again. I gained 12 grams beast mode. cut time!

LOL, sounds like a great way to get an eating disorder. Plus water would be out on a cut :)

LOL, sounds like a great way to get an eating disorder.

indeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Didn't see it posted here so here goes. Apart if pasta is cold, you absorb less calories from it. Even less if it is reheated! It going cold makes your body treat it more like fibre apparently, and even more so if you reheat it.

www (dot) bbc (dot) com/news/magazine-29629761

I don't really like pasta myself but thought it might be of interest! Can't help but feel dubious myself.

Advertisement