Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Didn't work for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, a couple of people said the same.

Either the code had to be used yesterday or it could only be used X amount of times.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aenaes wrote: »
    Yeah, a couple of people said the same.

Either the code had to be used yesterday or it could only be used X amount of times.

I used it about 1800 yesterday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/mission-may-2015/

30 gold a day for winning random battles for the month of May.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aww, the Berlin vehicles are only for sale, the mission reward is just a Tetrarch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Spear wrote: »
    Aww, the Berlin vehicles are only for sale, the mission reward is just a Tetrarch.

Are they premiums then? Have you any more information about them or a link?

I notice they still haven't released the news regarding the special beginning tomorrow.

I notice they still haven't released the news regarding the special beginning tomorrow.

They are premium but do not get premium matchmaking. It appears that WG are ending Prem MM. No info on pricing yet.

Here are some reviews:

Cromwell: Apparently more maneuverable than the current Cromwell.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zPEGaOmrgI

T-35 Rudy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkN4b1SZLkM

IS-2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVJHGq4CDo8

I've bought the pack of all three.

So far I've only tried the Cromwell B. It doesn't have preferential MM, and does see tier 8s. But to compensate for it having the real world QF 75mm, they boosted the penetration to the same as the otherwise elite gun, the 77HV.

So it's got 145 pen, 130 damage. It's still got Cromwell speed, mobility and gun depression, along with more traverse apparently.

Playing it, it feels aking to the E-25 for me at least. You're nippy, but fragile, and you peck targets to death with a rapid fire, okay pen gun.

It doesn't seem to earn that well though. A reasonable win only nets me 30k or so.

All of the tanks in the pack have a female crew style zeroeth skill of BIA.

I haven't touched the IS-2 and Rudy yet.

But with the x5 XP mission for each of them, they just rake in the crew XP or convertable XP.

This is the actual Cromwell that's modelled in game:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the x5 is only 5 times per tank per account btw.

wanted the cromwell, but not giving them 30e for some gold and a t6 premium.

and DEFFO not gonna spend 60 on the good deal. no way am i givn these useless kunts 60e.

game is gone so bad, anyone seen the 9.7 bug with invisible tanks. couple replays on reddit and youtube, fookin unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I was temped by the IS-2 with the goal to have the crew end up being the IS-7 crew but it's one loader short for that :(

Considered the Rudy to use the crew for the 430 but I hate mediums in general so not really worth it for me.

A mate sent me these photos...he was flying to the US and had wifi onboard so decided to try play WoT.
    17243233030_9195059c9a_z.jpgWorld of Tanks on a plane!! by tearbringer, on Flickr
    He logged in no bother, here you can see the inflight map and the time to arrival.
    17404783586_dc69037066_z.jpgWhich server should I select? by tearbringer, on Flickr

He thought to play a heavy as he knew he may have issues with ping and FPS.....bugger!
    17244552619_bfa3db500f_z.jpgOh thats not good,even in a Churchill by tearbringer, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Is the Cent 7/1 a largely under-appreciated facehugger?

I seem to be coming out on top most of the time anytime a T-54 or WZ-120 slams into me ina facehugging match.

I guess it sort of makes sense as the Cent 7/1 has a very shallow commander's cupola, in comparison to the T-54 or WZ-120 whose cupolas are relatively easy targets at point blank range for the Cent 7/1's cannon.

Yet again and again T-54s and WZ-120 seem hell bent on facehugging me if we're dueling at close range:).

Aw, still no Cent AX or Chieftain even in 9.9.

"very soon"

wouldnt hold my breath!

They just released the ASAP/KTTS video, so the patch must be essentially ready to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aw, still no Cent AX or Chieftain even in 9.9.
    Well I'm 180k away from unlocking my 215b so I'm happy to have more time for that one (but the T9 heavy is really annoying; way too much medium disguised as a heavy for my taste; anything goes through it turret or bottom) :)

I really liked my time in the Conqueror. No, you can't put any faith in the armour, but the great gun and DPM was satisfying to use.

I really liked my time in the Conqueror. No, you can't put any faith in the armour, but the great gun and DPM was satisfying to use.
    I'm more an armor person; I loved my time in the T95, E3 etc. because you can properly push rather than bush hug with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Started this the other day. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I learned quickly that it's more about tactics and stealth to a degree, rather than guns blazing. Right now I'm just kinda upgrading anything I can and moving onto the next tank in a line. No idea what type suits me yet.

• Advertisement

The game seems to be about wearing you down grinding between tiers until you give in and spend money to get what you want. There's too many games in the matchmaking where you are completely out classed. I dunno what the ratio is but there's too many games where your just cannon fodder for the bigger tanks. You might be able to scout in a Stuart, or use the mega cannon in a P1z but a KV1 is useless 2 tiers above its tier.

Maybe I've no patience.

Something good to keep in mind perhaps is this mantra:

never give a sucker an even break.

If you find yourself in a fair right in this game, you've done something wrong. Track enemies when they're half way round houses and get see you. Track enemies with poor gun depression when they try and come over hills. Ram fast movers to track them and deprive them of their mobility. In short, be a complete bastard. And bring premium rounds for when that's not an option.

If you find yourself in a fair right in this game, you've done something wrong. ......And bring premium rounds for when that's not an option.

I would agree. I always have 10 rounds of premium ammo (and 4-6 HE) in all my tanks for when I run into higher tier tanks. I might still die but at least I will ensure that I deal some damage. Ignore the rage in chat, use credits to buy the Premium ammo....shooting Gold is silly.

And dont be afraid to use your teammates hitpoints instead of your own....let him go first and when the enemy shoots your teammate rush around and shoot.
    Caution will give you more wins than agression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

One of the biggest things I've learned is to not be the dude at the front...

Also and this is tricky behaviour to break out of but don't be afraid to take a shot and leave or alternatively just stay in cover. All too often you can get hung up on a peak a boo fight. You can win but with no hit points left. It can be just as useful to take a shot and leave to shoot again from somewhere else. All too often the noob will just drive back and forth in and out of cover at the same spot and never stop to wonder why he was shot by everyone...

I think all the tactics in the world won't help you if the MM leaves you outmatched and the other guy is using gold all over the place.

beauf wrote: »
    I think all the tactics in the world won't help you if the MM leaves you outmatched and the other guy is using gold all over the place.

*shrugs* if that's the attitude you want to take then sure. But I'd ask if you're facing a tank that outclasses you then why are you staying there and fighting the tank that outclasses you?

I've played thousands of games at this stage and I don't find the game overly unfair in terms of matchmaking. For me the biggest deciding factor in a match are the team mates and whether they all drive about like headless chickens or not. No amount of gold improves stupidity.

I wasn't replying to you.

It was a general comment. In the last few weeks, something changed when playing mid tier, you get matched to tier +2 much more often now. Also arty has been come much more deadly. Its made playing mid tiers a real chore. If you are playing higher tiers its not an issue for you.

I'm taking a break so haven't played for a few weeks but I play 7-10 and mostly US tanks. Can't say I noticed any massive changes before I left but maybe you've answered yourself a few days back when you said maybe you've no patience...

I wasn't replying to you.

It was a general comment. In the last few weeks, something changed when playing mid tier, you get matched to tier +2 much more often now. Also arty has been come much more deadly. Its made playing mid tiers a real chore. If you are playing higher tiers its not an issue for you.

Thats a subjective statement, haven't see any discussion about this change to MM online.

And MM affects all tiers, arty are still deadly at tier 9-10 (I hear)

• Advertisement

A few others agreed with me on another forum. I don't see how you'd see a change , if you aren't playing for weeks, and/or not at that tier. By lack of patience I meant I don't have the patience for grinding if they've sucked all the fun out it. I guess the idea is to wear you down so you buy a premium. Today I got matched with my own tier about 50% of the time. Last couple of weeks its been like 10% of the time. Before that it was about 40% of the time.

best advice i can find is to find a tank you actually enjoy playing and play that over and over.

personally, i have a lot of fun in my t6 german medium, vk3001d, i have or did have about 92% towards 3rd moe few weeks ago, its a great little tank.

when you find a tank you just gel with the game is so much fun! at the moment im loving the e50 too, and its well able to hold its own in t10 games, so i dont automatically feel like a waste of space, like say some tanks do when theyre thrown in a +2 matchup.

*edit* quick question, how do you go about getting the CW reward tanks? do you only have to play a certain amount of cw battles, or does wins, provinces etc come into it?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    *edit* quick question, how do you go about getting the CW reward tanks? do you only have to play a certain amount of cw battles, or does wins, provinces etc come into it?
    With the recent versions it's a point based system with the top X players getting a tank or choosing a tank. For example winning a specific province is worth Y points (or a randomly moving train has to be captured and held and each hour gives the clan X points split among all players) while another is Z points; or dealing certain amount of damage etc. in CW gives you a certain amount of points. The total points are then added up and there's your answer basically. The last round had the top 10.000 on points get their pick of one of three CW tanks if memory serves. Here's actually the link I found via google to the system in question.

best advice i can find is to find a tank you actually enjoy playing and play that over and over..... i dont automatically feel like a waste of space, like say some tanks do when they're thrown in a +2 matchup....

+1 I hear yah.

The Pzr IV H I like because it works well at its tier but has the speed, so can act as scout at higher tiers. The KV1 was ok for a while, lately though its just outclassed in higher tiers to often, and too slow to scout. I was having fun in the light tanks, Stuart and T50 for a while. But suddenly they seem to easy meat for arty in every game. They get one-shotted on the move anywhere on the map. DW2 seems ok, but terrible gun.

+1 I hear yah.

The Pzr IV H I like because it works well at its tier but has the speed, so can act as scout at higher tiers. The KV1 was ok for a while, lately though its just outclassed in higher tiers to often, and too slow to scout. I was having fun in the light tanks, Stuart and T50 for a while. But suddenly they seem to easy meat for arty in every game. They get one-shotted on the move anywhere on the map. DW2 seems ok, but terrible gun.
    As an active arty player (leveling my final two lines to have all the tier X arties) I can comfortably say that hitting a moving tank is almost as easy as hitting a tank standing still. The reasons are:
    1. Moving tanks tend to go at a static speed (this simply means I need to estimate how far you'll move to fire)
    2. They move in a predictable pattern (the S turn approach); once again makes it relatively easy to adjust for fire as with moving tanks
    3. As a light tank you're among the first things to show up for me to fire on so why not take that shot anyway (and you're a threat to me with medium tanks as possible line breakers)

If you want to really annoy arties instead do the following:
    1. Randomly slow down or stop before starting going again; this completly throws off shots on a regular basis even on tanks not expecting to be hit
    2. Do not go at 100% speed all the time but random increase and decrease the tank speed; going at 40km or 60km per hour will make no difference in hitting you for normal tanks (to low shell travel time) but completely throws off arties
    3. Don't make a pattern in your movement; make a circle, turn 90 degree and drive that way for 10s before turning going back etc. rather than the S approach of going left & right for a few seconds while going straight ahead
    4. Retreat back behind your own lines so you're completely out of sight and make a 90 degree turn for 10s before continuing back
    5. Never, ever ram an arty as you will die from it and arty will remain alive; instead drive up next to it and make sure it can't suicide shell you while killing it

Thanks for the tips. I see the physiology of it now, why arty seems to target the lights when you want them to take damage points off the heavies. I generally Zigzag, but there probably is a pattern to it, and I never thought of varying the speed. Just went flat out. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement

i have to admit to being an avid arty hater. so many times i have 'found' a tier 9 or 10 arty and as soon as we spot each other he shotguns me at any range.. so annoying.

arty doesnt miss enarly as much as the tomatoes on the wg forums would want you to believe. theyre deffo gonna change it, looks like they might remove the 1 shot possibilities.

so, doesnt look like i will get a cw reward tank, playing cw matches maybe 3/4 times per week. .grrr.. is5 want

i bought the elc a few weeks ago to see what the hype was all about, crew were only 90% towards first skill/perk, so no 6th sense and i didnt enjoy it. played 20 games and sold it.

re bought it last night and put a female crew in with sos,6th and camo for commander and sos, smooth ride and camo for other crewman.

so much fun!! first game in it, 2k damage, wn8 of like 12k..

must be a LOT of bad elc players out there, its actually so much fun...

i have to admit to being an avid arty hater. so many times i have 'found' a tier 9 or 10 arty and as soon as we spot each other he shotguns me at any range.. so annoying.

arty doesnt miss enarly as much as the tomatoes on the wg forums would want you to believe. theyre deffo gonna change it, looks like they might remove the 1 shot possibilities.
    Arties have the worst performance in average damage of any tank type on any tier; add in the fact you basically deal the same damage in a T92 as a JagdPzE100/The 183 yet you have twice the reload and no armor for the "benefit" of being arty with the longest aiming times (5s+) with the highest dispersion possibility. If anything the arties needs to be buffed in their exp & credit earning possibility; I've had many games doing top 3 in damage on tier above me only to come in the bottom 7 on exp and money (and I'll be very happy once I'm done with my last two lines).

Arties may catch a lot of hate but the reality is the problem is they are far to influenced by the RNG (i.e. you can miss 5 shots in a row perfectly zoomed in on a static target which would never happen in any other tank) and even good players will suffer from poor streaks. The best bet would be this mythical rework they talked about (I'd like to see bigger splash, less damage, faster reload to make more a suppression style) but knowing WG it will be a knee jerk fix like the proposed "can't one shot a tank" yet it's perfectly fine for other tanks to do so...

9.8 tomorrow (today)

Just in time as I formatted my laptop over the weekend and needed to reinstall xvm anyway!!

Looking toward to trying it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Anyone get the Su 100 y? from the log in bonus? I have to admit i never though about buying it, but its truly fun to play with

• Advertisement

That was NA only, there won't be many about here that qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

The majority of people seem to hate the Chi-Ri but for me it's not necessarily a bad tank. It just can't carry as well as other tanks (e.g. if half your team disintegrates in the first 2 minutes of the fight) and does suffer immensely in T9 battles.

That said if you play conservatively and pick your moments well you can often swing the battle in your team's favour. It's just challenging to get the most out of it compared to stereotypical mediums.

Champ wrote: »
    The majority of people seem to hate the Chi-Ri but for me it's not necessarily a bad tank. It just can't carry as well as other tanks (e.g. if half your team disintegrates in the first 2 minutes of the fight) and does suffer immensely in T9 battles.

That said if you play conservatively and pick your moments well you can often swing the battle in your team's favour. It's just challenging to get the most out of it compared to stereotypical mediums.
    So in essence you've said it's a bad tank because a good tank would not have those issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

I started off hating the Chi Ri.... and seeing it as a necessary evil...my win rate was around 45%... and now I got it fully upgraded I do see some benefit...but let me tell you as soon as I get the STA-1 I am off

HD tanks.... How long does it take to reskin a tank in HD? Or to put it another way, why is it taking so long to upgrade all the tanks? Why do we only get a handful per patch?

HD tanks.... How long does it take to reskin a tank in HD? Or to put it another way, why is it taking so long to upgrade all the tanks? Why do we only get a handful per patch?
    To keep the patch sizes down; they only want to release a maximum of 5 per patch :/

They're not jsut reskins, the models are entirely redone from scratch. Plus the armour zone modelling is also reviewed.

Sure but don't they have a massive staff? Can it really take that long? Also some of the other ingame textures could do with a spruce up as well.

they would rather bring out more premiums and try milk the cash cows

Hit a personal milestone on Sunday evening when I could go out in my fully crewed FB215; that was the last normal Tier X heavy tank I had to train up and buy. I spent 3 days doing missions in ToG to finish the crew training to unlock the third skill etc. :)

Next up is the final TD (250k away) and then start up the Japanese heavy line once it's released later this year (I'm also working on my final two arty lines to wrap up all my goals for this year).

• Advertisement
Advertisement