Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Albection wrote: »
    Suit up! :cool:

damn right I will :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm moulting.

I swear I'll have no hair left at this rate. It's more than after I was pregnant, but at least it's even this time.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Albection wrote: »
    Bake a load of cupcakes with a cream filling.

Commence Operation: Acoshla learns to juggle; Quickly!

Huh? More baking is the last thing I need!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Acoshla wrote: »
    Huh? More baking is the last thing I need!

But the funny juggling fails. :( With the mess. :( And the funny.... :( No?

No. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm moulting.

I swear I'll have no hair left at this rate. It's more than after I was pregnant, but at least it's even this time.

:(

Have you seen anyone about it? GP could send you to a dermatologist if you wanted?

bluewolf wrote: »

I can't see that properly because I'm not registered with groupon, I wouldn't buy it, I'd say some of the things like cases etc might be poor quality, and it says syringe, them things are useless.

Had an interesting call with Living Social yesterday, told them all the reasons I didn't want to be featured on it, he didn't seem to be used to people saying no to it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've heard they can be very nasty when you tell them no.

Friend of mine said they were hounding her for weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I can't see that properly because I'm not registered with groupon, I wouldn't buy it, I'd say some of the things like cases etc might be poor quality, and it says syringe, them things are useless.

Had an interesting call with Living Social yesterday, told them all the reasons I didn't want to be featured on it, he didn't seem to be used to people saying no to it :p

yeah i think a piping bag is better ??
    ah well :D
    thanks for saving me from the shiny things

do LS just ring up people out of the blue? i wouldve thought people sign up to be featured on it

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Woke up feeling a little dizzy & nauseous this morning. Boyfriend made tea and went to get me breakfast :) Feeling a lot better now resting on the couch.

Went browsing in Debenhams yesterday, any of the bras I liked weren't in my size, I'm sad that La Senza closed, it's not easy to get nice ones now.

• Advertisement

Nope they left a voicemail last week and then I got caught on the hop and answered yesterday, I just said I'd heard nothing of the good about small businesses signing up for it so no way in hell was I doing it :)

It's roasting here today!

Woke up feeling a little dizzy & nauseous this morning. Boyfriend made tea and went to get me breakfast :) Feeling a lot better now resting on the couch.

Went browsing in Debenhams yesterday, any of the bras I liked weren't in my size, I'm sad that La Senza closed, it's not easy to get nice ones now.

i hated la senza
    m&s is nice
    i hear arnotts recommended too

might be going to see Snow White this evening, could be good

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Nope they left a voicemail last week and then I got caught on the hop and answered yesterday, I just said I'd heard nothing of the good about small businesses signing up for it so no way in hell was I doing it :)

It's roasting here today!

Don't they usually take a cut from whatever profits you actually make from it too?

Avox wrote: »
    Don't they usually take a cut from whatever profits you actually make from it too?

Dunno, I didn't let him get that far in the conversation :) Must do I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

i hated la senza
    m&s is nice
    i hear arnotts recommended too

Must give M&S a try, hadn't thought of them. Thanks :)
    I only get the chance to check those places out these days when I go to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Avox wrote: »

They take a huge cut, over 50% iirc.

Think I might try to give blood tomorrow before the bank holiday weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I'm rejoining weight watchers - again - tomorrow.
    I've been putting it off for ages but i'm the heaviest i have ever been and feel siht about myself so it's time for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I remember the first time I went to give blood, I was looking at what I called 'the fainting beds' and laughing to myself, thinking "Haha, what kind of a wuss faints after giving blood?"

Yep, I fainted. Nurse practically force fed me Guinness afterwards and I felt like a right plonker. The shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

sarahbro wrote: »
    I've been putting it off for ages but i'm the heaviest i have ever been and feel siht about myself so it's time for a change!

Why don't you pop over to the Health & Fitness forum? It's free !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Oooh that looks very tempting. But that's probably just because I'm suffering from baking withdrawal :(

Susie_Q wrote: »
    I remember the first time I went to give blood, I was looking at what I called 'the fainting beds' and laughing to myself, thinking "Haha, what kind of a wuss faints after giving blood?"

Yep, I fainted. Nurse practically force fed me Guinness afterwards and I felt like a right plonker. The shame!

me too!!!!

I was sitting there going "wtf is this sh!t, I feel fine I'm not going to... woooo *faint* "

they kept me there half an hour and fed me sweets :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

me too!!!!

I was sitting there going "wtf is this sh!t, I feel fine I'm not going to... woooo *faint* "

they kept me there half an hour and fed me sweets :o

One of the first times I gave blood was in University. I left feeling all kick-ass and cool. Got to my next class and promptly had to lay face down on the tile floor so I did not pass out or throw up :o

The professor had someone go get juice and biscuits from the canteen for me. I was mortified :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Why don't you pop over to the Health & Fitness forum? It's free !
    I've been lurking over there for a while but I need the "judgement" of someone weighing me? If that makes sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I almost always end up on the wusses beds. I'm not the best with blood or needles anyway, but I donate because they use my blood for baby bags, the nurse told me before. Otherwise I don't think I'd bother given that I'm weak after most donations. A few years ago, something happened during the actual donation, i think I passed out during it on the bed and I remember the machine alarm beeping. Ever since that the doctor lady has to start my donation.
    But, it's worth it. You never know when you might need some back.

Sarah, weightwatchers is great!! I totally get needing the judgement of someone else seeing your weight.

In other news; I picked a cows nose today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

One of the reasons I give blood so regularly is that I always feel fine afterwards, still there's a first time for everything :pac:

I cant give blood cos of my arthritis, used to be terrified of needles but after dozens of blood tests they dont bother me at all now

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've never given blood... I feel like I probably should at some stage, but after being pretty much floored for about 6 weeks by iron deficiency anaemia less than a year ago I don't really want to take the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I've been lurking over there for a while but I need the "judgement" of someone weighing me? If that makes sense?

You'll get plenty of judgment over there lol :p

The dog was snoring and woke himself up and then farted loudly and jumped up haha

Happy National Fish and Chips Day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Susie_Q wrote: »

I've been loads of times without ever feeling woozy, but the last time I went I hit the deck afterwards. After they took the needle out, two nurses were guiding me out of the donation room because I looked weak and my blood "took ages to come out" :confused:, and I was like 'Im grand, sure I've done this a million times'. Got a 7up, sat down to ring my boyfriend to come pick me up and suddenly, down I went. Morto :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement