Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The best weapon was definitely the pimp slap hand, especially when you're in Co-op and have the damage cheat on. SR2 was probably the most fun I've ever had online and definitely in Co-op in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Bought SR2 for 15 euro for my ps3 cause of reading this thread (and other stuff I heard).

Great craic so far, now I just have to convince one of my mates to grab it too for coop.

While I did enjoy a decent amount of GTA4, SR2 does all the things GTA4 did badly, brilliantly.... you know what I mean :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

bough the first for a tenner on the 360 anyone know where i can get the second one shops wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

id say try the 2nd hand shelves in xtravision, gamestop and smyths, you should be able to pick it up for 10 - 15 euro.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    id say try the 2nd hand shelves in xtravision, gamestop and smyths, you should be able to pick it up for 10 - 15 euro.

turns out me mate had it and thought it was **** never played it past the prison mission:confused: got it for free though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

:eek:

Not a fan of GTA style games is it? Cause like, if you are and you didnt even make it out of the prison , you really need to give it another shot.

Its also brilliant on coop and I've only played a little coop so far.

Always was disapointed with the mp in GTA4 and one thing I always wished for was the ability to play through the single player game with a friend.

Class, enjoy man! One tip for ya, you unlock shop locations on the map by driving near them. Then they always show up on the map. Google the shopping mall and head straight there and buy the Borat mankini. Nothing like doing serious gang missions in a mankini! Think I might blow the dust off this and give it another go next week!

img_4217_19699042.jpg

Sisko wrote: »
    :eek:

Not a fan of GTA style games is it? Cause like, if you are and you didnt even make it out of the prison , you really need to give it another shot.

Its also brilliant on coop and I've only played a little coop so far.

Always was disapointed with the mp in GTA4 and one thing I always wished for was the ability to play through the single player game with a friend.
    he just hated the graphics.....yes seriously hes one of them :rolleyes:
    Class, enjoy man! One tip for ya, you unlock shop locations on the map by driving near them. Then they always show up on the map. Google the shopping mall and head straight there and buy the Borat mankini. Nothing like doing serious gang missions in a mankini! Think I might blow the dust off this and give it another go next week!

img_4217_19699042.jpg

i had the game before but i never knew where the mankini was :pac:cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Go one further and choose "remove all clothing" in the safehouse.

Nothing funnier than gunning down hordes of rival gangs in the nip.....cold though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I'll pick up the 2nd one if its cheap somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmmmmm intriguing ....

I heard it is very fun game. Yatzeee one of the favourites too...

It should
    Be going for pennies these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Absolutely loved Saints Row 2. It was like GTA, but less polished and MOAR FUN.

Saints Row 3 will definitely be a day one purchase for me. So much WIN.

I can't recommending picking up Saints Row 2 enough, especially for the knock off price you'd pick it up for now.

I loved the 2nd game (Still play it now since my mate bought a copy for co-op) so ill definitely be picking this up.

The activities were the best in saints row 2. Insurance fraud, trail blazing, crowd control and demolition derby being my personal favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

what a shiit trailer haha, looks like THQ is already having a laugh with this! I remember their ad campagin taking the piiss outta gta4.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭irishmadboy

Please God bring back Protect tha Pimp form SR1. If so, insta buy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

graphics look class!
    And the lights!!!!!! game world looks so detailed.

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Replaying tru SR2 on pc thinking maybe now i have a beastier pc than last time it would improve the game. Man was i wrong forgot what a pile of ****e this port was. Need a mod for W7 to slow the game down and then the lag during the game is terrible.

Still tho when it smoothes out brilliant game in Coop :D

CVG have a 1st look article at:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/298964/previews/saints-row-3-first-look/

Sounds like everything I loved about SR2. Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wow SR3 sounds much better than SR2 or a lot more improved. its going to be one hell of a game

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

GOTY, Game Of The Mother-F***ng Year. That looks insane, plus they are expanding the customisation to include BUILDINGS FFS.

Probably gonna be one of the best co-op games ever made.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was really looking forward to it and having seen that game play, I'm now at the stage where I cannot wait! Must start into SR2 again for the lulz!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That looks hilarious. The Suck-It-Up van is genius. I had stuff planned for later, but I think I'm going to have to reinstall Saints Row 2 to get in the spirit.

The guy who won that Rim Job competition had his honda civic stripped down and pimped up. I wouldn't like a purple car but have to say this is daycent!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.190048487713000.55803.158667724184410

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lmao airstrike attack :D

SR 2 was an amzing game (reinstalling next week if anyone is on for co-op, my PSN is sheehy83) but so many people havn't played it because its 'just a cheap gta clone'. I really hope SR 3 gets the recognition it deserves!

Really don't know whether to start a new game or buy the DLC that was released. Anyone even get this?

I mean where else can you run naked down a street with a traffic cone on your head!

img_46533_saints-row-2-insurance-freud-part-2.jpg

SR 2 was an amzing game (reinstalling next week if anyone is on for co-op, my PSN is sheehy83) but so many people havn't played it because its 'just a cheap gta clone'. I really hope SR 3 gets the recognition it deserves!

Really don't know whether to start a new game or buy the DLC that was released. Anyone even get this?

I mean where else can you run naked down a street with a traffic cone on your head!

img_46533_saints-row-2-insurance-freud-part-2.jpg

I actually never played any games in series,not because I thought they were gta clones,just because I had no interest in them but I'm considering buying sr 2 now :).

the gta clones line was actually from some of the lads who chose to ignore it. But anyone I did persuade to buy it loved it.

You should be able to get it dirt cheap now, I saw it ages back 2nd for 7 euro. Enjoy Dude!

• Advertisement

the gta clones line was actually from some of the lads who chose to ignore it. But anyone I did persuade to buy it loved it.

You should be able to get it dirt cheap now, I saw it ages back 2nd for 7 euro. Enjoy Dude!

Is sr2 a big open world?

Advertisement