Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Nally is attacked again!

Options
  • 26-01-2015 11:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Shocking story you would think any robber would know better than to try and rob Padraig Nally.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/padraig-nally-on-traveller-gang-confrontation-all-the-bad-memories-came-back-58205/

FARMER Padraig Nally was forced to call in gardai after confronting a three-man Traveller gang who he believes were about to rob him.
    Mr Nally (70) — who shot dead intruder John ‘Frog’ Ward on his Cross farm in Co Mayo in October 2004 — said the confrontation left him shaken and brought up “a lot of bad memories”.
    Speaking with The Star, Mr Nally — who has campaigned for increased protection for homeowners — said it took gardai half an hour to arrive after he chased the trio out of his yard.
    “It shook me up. I didn’t like seeing them there — it brought up bad memories,” he told The Star.
    Smart

“I was after coming back through the fields and the three of them were there interfering in the yard.
    “I’d no doubt if they’d got more time they’d have started taking stuff — they were there for no other purpose.
    “I told them to get off the property, that they’d no business here. They were trying to act smart and they were humming and hawing about leaving until I called the Gardai.
    “They were looking for trouble.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

He'd want to keep that shotgun of his to hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Poor man has been tortured and driven demented by these scrotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Shocking story you would think any robber would know better than to try and rob Padraig Nally.

Wha? Thats Johnny Giles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sh3m

Wasn't exactly "attacked" now was he ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

and the three of them were there interfering in the yard.

Dirty feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

Mr Nally should be allowed to carry an uzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They should be sentenced to transportation to Australia. Leave decent people alone.

Oh..

No...

Wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Sh3m wrote: »
    Wasn't exactly "attacked" now was he ?

There's a good reason why they didn't get close and evasion of property is an attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

fcuking medal he should have got that time.
    .....there nothing I hate to see more thsn old people living alone getting terrorised.....there was a spate of them around here last weekend:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

Surprised the word "Nally" hasn't triggered thread auto-shutdown yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Poor man, should be left in peace.

Never have sympathy when someone is killed invading a persons house, especially when they are isolated elderly people.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

a series of well placed fox traps around the yard......maybe half hidden in muck and dirt arranged around a pile of copper in the middle of the yard. place warning signs around in case neighbours call, pretty sure the scobies cant read anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hopefully this time nobody will shed a tear when he blasts them back to the pond they came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Hopefully they give him his gun back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The man is a legend.

I'd be surprised if this is the first time he has had hassle from the travellers since the infamous incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Patsprat

Watched crime line tonight and another man of 80 was attacked some scum out there . We all have to watch out for the elderly in our area . Sad state we live in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I just hope one of his neighbours 'forgot' their shotgun at his place and he uses it on scum that try to terrorise/rob him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

a series of well placed fox traps around the yard......maybe half hidden in muck and dirt arranged around a pile of copper in the middle of the yard. place warning signs around in case neighbours call, pretty sure the scobies cant read anyway

Exactly, and then do a Dexter Morgan style job on them afterward!

Filth like them never learn no mater how many times they are convicted or jailed.

case885 wrote: »
    I just hope one of his neighbours 'forgot' their shotgun at his place and he uses it on scum that try to terrorise/rob him again.
    Yes but our think law would have him in jail. Also he is a good man pushed to breaking point forced to loss the head . I would never want that man to be pushed into that state as he said himself he has to meet his God on the other side like the robber . Poor man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

WTF.

Leave the elderly alone! (Except for help & care)

Go for bear traps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

If he was not convicted then he can still own a
    gun, yes/no ?

But his conviction was quashed just 11 months later when the Court of Criminal Appeal ruled that the judge had erred in law by not allowing the jury to return a not-guilty verdict and he was later acquitted of manslaughter following a retrial.

The case was regarded as a decisive factor in the introduction of a home defence bill in 2012.

The Criminal Law (Defence and the Dwelling) Bill permits a tenant, homeowner or visitor to stand their ground when attacked in a home and specifically states that there is no requirement for a person to retreat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

gun, yes/no ?

But his conviction was quashed just 11 months later when the Court of Criminal Appeal ruled that the judge had erred in law by not allowing the jury to return a not-guilty verdict and he was later acquitted of manslaughter following a retrial.

The case was regarded as a decisive factor in the introduction of a home defence bill in 2012.

The Criminal Law (Defence and the Dwelling) Bill permits a tenant, homeowner or visitor to stand their ground when attacked in a home and specifically states that there is no requirement for a person to retreat.

He said in that interview/show with charlie bird that he's not allowed own a gun. Pretty stupid as it was self defense, how will he defend himself from an intruder again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

gun, yes/no ?

You were always entitled to defend yourself.
    Nally's problem was that he followed the guy off his property and even went back to his house to get more ammo and went out again. Or more to the point Nally's problem was that he volunteered that information in a statement to the police.

He said in that interview/show with charlie bird that he's not allowed own a gun. Pretty stupid as it was self defense, how will he defend himself from an intruder again?

Wow, I wonder what the grounds were to deny him a gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

It truly sickens me to hear this poor man is being tormented yet again. He and those like him deserve a bit of peace and security in their last years....the spineless bastards seeking out "weak" elderly victims ought to be hanged.

no Garda presents in the countryside some areas haven't even got police cars

Buzz Meeks wrote: »
    You were always entitled to defend yourself.
    Nally's problem was that he followed the guy off his property and even went back to his house to get more ammo and went out again. Or more to the point Nally's problem was that he volunteered that information in a statement to the police.

I would imagine this information was presented in the original trial ?
    He was till found not guilty - I'm really curious as to why he was denied one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I would imagine this information was presented in the original trial ?
    He was till found not guilty - I'm really curious as to why he was denied one.

Mc Nally is a hero to me, but come on now. Surely you realise if you shoot a man dead in Ireland, the chances of renewing your gun licence is zero.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was one judge ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

the poor poor poor knackers. Will no one think of the knackers!!!!!

Advertisement