Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Is everyone filling out the form in BLOCK CAPITALS? On some text boxes it won't allow the room for Block Capitals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

Is everyone filling out the form in BLOCK CAPITALS? On some text boxes it won't allow the room for Block Capitals?

They asked for block capitals so that's exactly what they are getting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

It's times like this I regret not getting a degree 😑

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

twinydavid wrote: »

Don't be thinking or worrying about what qualifications you have or don't have. Go in and do your best in the interview and that's what will really go for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

twinydavid wrote: »

It's at times like this I wish I scored enough in my application rather than having a degree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

This may be a stupid question but it says you can add additional information only on additional pages of the forms. How does one get additional pages of the form ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

This may be a stupid question but it says you can add additional information only on additional pages of the forms. How does one get additional pages of the form ?

I just printed out page 8 again and used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Yeah just copy and paste the format or whatever works like that. Try not to deviate from the format/layout used on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Does number 1 on the OOM after the interview stay at #1 provided they pass the CPAT and medical or is it rearranged again at stage 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Does number 1 on the OOM after the interview stay at #1 provided they pass the CPAT and medical or is it rearranged again at stage 4?
    I would imagine so. CPAT is pass or fail.

• Advertisement

Correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Correct

Arruabarrena, will there be shortlisting based on application forms or is everyone at this stage getting interviewed?

Everyone being interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

For those of ye with a degree what did he send away as proof, hardly sent origional parchment did ye?

shaunac93 wrote: »
    For those of ye with a degree what did he send away as proof, hardly sent origional parchment did ye?

You are not required to submit proof at this stage. A friend rang them with a similar query and was told to only submit the leaving/junior cert so they can verify your eligibility under the educational requirements for the job. They will seek proof of courses and degree at interview/after interview should they require them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

Alright guys, in the reference part of the form it asks for HR Managers. This maybe stupid but are we to give the HR Managers as our references or people who can actually talk about your work ethic and character? Because the HR people in the jobs I have been at would not even no I exist let alone give me a good reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Alright guys, in the reference part of the form it asks for HR Managers. This maybe stupid but are we to give the HR Managers as our references or people who can actually talk about your work ethic and character? Because the HR people in the jobs I have been at would not even no I exist let alone give me a good reference.

I just put down two people who directly managed me. If there's any problems on this they'll let you know and ask to provide someone else.

I dropped mine in today, so all done and dusted, hopefully all will be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Do you reckon I would get disqualified if I asked for an interview in the later half of the interview stages? Due to work commitments abroad I could be away for the first week of interviews

My understanding is that they will not facilitate requests whatsoever. Can anyone tell if the interviews will go by highest OOM numbers on the first day or alphabetically?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

My understanding is that they will not facilitate requests whatsoever. Can anyone tell if the interviews will go by highest room numbers on the first day or alphabetically?

I had it in my head it would be done by order of merit ?

• Advertisement

If I was to take a guess it would be alphabetically but this is just going on the supervised tests. I was in the very first group at 8am on the first day and my surname starts with Ab. My fingers are crossed that I am wrong and I get an interview late in the phase

derra_121 wrote: »
    Do you reckon I would get disqualified if I asked for an interview in the later half of the interview stages? Due to work commitments abroad I could be away for the first week of interviews

"Interviews (stage 3) will commence on Monday 29th February 2016 and conclude on Friday 18th March 2016. Once the interview schedule is complete, requests to change interview times / dates will not be granted due to the large volume of applications. Dublin City Council may, however, request candidates to re-schedule at short notice"

Not clear if you can put a request in previous to the schedule completion.

derra_121 wrote: »
    If I was to take a guess it would be alphabetically but this is just going on the supervised tests. I was in the very first group at 8am on the first day and my surname starts with Ab. My fingers are crossed that I am wrong and I get an interview late in the phase

Stage 2 was numbers. You were obviously in the 1-40 range going into Stage 2

"Interviews (stage 3) will commence on Monday 29th February 2016 and conclude on Friday 18th March 2016. Once the interview schedule is complete, requests to change interview times / dates will not be granted due to the large volume of applications. Dublin City Council may, however, request candidates to re-schedule at short notice"

Not clear if you can put a request in previous to the schedule completion.

Yep that is what I was thinking, I read it along them same lines. I would hate to think I was disqualified for potential canvassing if I popped a note in the application. I would guess they are looking for reasons to chop people

They want the best people - not reasons to chop people. You can't run a competition this big and allow people to dictate when they want to be interviewed. I know you have a genuine reason but you can see the potential

It will work on the order of merit I would say. Otherwise why issue an order of merit if it has no meaning. Going alphabetically doesn't make a lot of sense as those scoring highest in order of merit have gone first in stage 2 so why change that. Going first has it's benefits.

The first week will prob see 1-150 on the order of merit called for interview if they take 30 a day (it may be more it may be less)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

This might be a stupid question but here goes.. It says that we have to submit 3 copies of part 2. Part 2 requires us to affix a passport photo. So does this mean we have to have 1 photo for each copy or is it 1 photo for the 3 copies??

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but here goes.. It says that we have to submit 3 copies of part 2. Part 2 requires us to affix a passport photo. So does this mean we have to have 1 photo for each copy or is it 1 photo for the 3 copies??

Fair question. I re read the application and it doesn't say. It just says attach a photo to part 1 and part 2 so I will be attaching a pic on these 2 parts AND the 3 copies of part 2 so 5 pics all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »

I just photocopied the original with my photo stuck to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

If you know you are going to be away for the first week of interviews. Ring dcc hr in the next few days and they will facilitate you a later date Im sure. It's been done before.

Advertisement