Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I have a cat and two dogs - beasties who come down to floor level have a short life expectancy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

javagal wrote: »
    girls i am so fed up and bored now waiting around.

give me something to do please!

I`m feeling a bit like this. Backs too sore to do much apart from hang about (even thou I`ve loads of jobs to do :mad:). Could go Belfast or Dublin shoppin but not so keen to go alone just in case. BORED!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

theg81der wrote: »
    I`m feeling a bit like this. Backs too sore to do much apart from hang about (even thou I`ve loads of jobs to do :mad:). Could go Belfast or Dublin shoppin but not so keen to go alone just in case. BORED!!!

I thought I'd feel like this too but four days into maternity leave I'm absolutely loving it! Cleaned the place for the first day and since then my days have been filled with napping, aqua aerobics, meeting people for dinner and more napping! I've enjoyed this week so much! But I guess this life could wear thin too after a week or so ;)

On another note, have to go for a family lunch tomorrow with OH's family - first time in months that we'll see his brother & sister in law who lost a baby during the year. It's not going to be nice. And his mother can still be awkward about us having a baby. And his sister only managed to tell her kids (12 year old!) that we're having a baby about 2 weeks ago.... they can be very backward about the fact that we're ONLY 28 and not married! None of them ask about us now but they will all be up on top of us visiting once the baby gets here - most likely to say how tired we look & how we're not coping etc etc! So a great day all round planned for tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Oh Mamaheidi I feel for you...that's not gonna be easy!
    Like seriously what were you thinking having a baby at 28...sure you're only a child yourself :D people are mad sometimes :)
    I thought I might be asked to explain our baby to my nieces (we told them we were getting wed) but they did it fairly early on :) the youngest one is very excited about the bump & has a feel everytime she sees me! they haven't yet asked any "how did that happen" type questions but I'm sure the older one is pondering it & will ask eventually :)

2mums - that's exactly what they're thinking - we're just kids! But I think the whole not married thing doesn't go down well with the uber-religious mother-in-law (who thinks that by going to mass she's a good person & therefore has a licence to be horrible to everyone - the irony!)...

How old are your nieces? I'm sure they're delighted to have a little cousin / doll on the way to play with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Aww there is pics of baby Kildare ash on Facebook. such a beauty!looks like she was a good weight too!

ok so today i have cleant up, done all my washing and ironing, made dinner. just had sex out of pure boredom lol

Mamaheidi they are 6 & almost 10 :) ours will be the fourth cousin so not a new thing for them but they are excited all the same :D

Lol well I'm sure you would look better to the MIL if you told her about us ;) we are wed and older but I bet we still wouldn't pass her criteria :D Don't let it worry you...enjoy your family & ignore the begrudgers!

Javagal you need to learn the art of relaxation...having been unemployed for some time I'm pretty good at it these days ;)

Haha java-just burst out laughing at that one!

2mums - I think your situation would be on par with ours actually in her eyes... Oh's sister is gay and she & her ex-partner tried for kids & eventually fostered some a few years back and it was received better than our situation as far as I can remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Haha Javagal I might just go jump on OH now. Although he's in a really pissy mood so not sure if he'll be up for it! :D

MH god what an awful situation to be in. MIL sounds dreadful......ah well as long as you don't have to put up with her on a regular basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Java... Sitting in docs and just burst out laughing so now they all think I'm a nutter... Thanks :D

• Advertisement

Mamaheidi I was sure we would help your case but I guess not :D

I guess Kildareash has pic on her own page as I can't find it on our page :( was looking forward to seeing another cute newborn :)

Cyning hope the docs go well for you today :)

Ugh I feel like someone is sitting on my head! OH wasn't interested but he did say maybe later :D Now I have a horrible headache, feels like a weather/pressure headache. I was in the Dr's earlier because my hands swelled up something mad this morning so she wanted me straight in to check my urine and BP. Thankfully nothing wrong, she just reckons it's getting closer and closer and these things just happen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Java you made my day :D

I'm resting today. I wasn't able to do anything done today except dinner.
    My sister is coming next week with her kids and apartment is a mess.
    need to speed up process of setting everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Java you make me think of that Pulp song "they dance & drink & screw... cos there's nothing else to doooooooo!"

Mamaheidi, at all costs, try not talk about the baby with this family or change the subject. None of them seem to be able to deal with it in a sensitive & mature way so why get that negativity. As Mrs Doyle says, try steer the conversation towards happy things like puppies & cushions :cool:

I still can't get over the fact that another one of us had a baby today, it's really made my day :)

Where do I get the Witch Hazel and Arnica 200? Will a big chemist have them or do I need to go to a health food shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'd say a big chemist would, but definitely a health food shop.

God Kildareash's baby is the absolute picture of health. She already looks cherubic 12 hours after birth. I certainly won't be worrying if mine comes a couple weeks early.

lol sorry for my crudeness ladies! dunno whether its in my head but ever since ive been crampy and gettin back pain so i Will keep it up.

you all should go home and get rogered silly :-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Boots should have them, you can get different strengths of Arnica too.

Yeah I think the strongest Arnica is the 200 and is the one that helps after childbirth. No point in getting anything less, apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

mamaheidi wrote: »

On another note, have to go for a family lunch tomorrow with OH's family - first time in months that we'll see his brother & sister in law who lost a baby during the year. It's not going to be nice. And his mother can still be awkward about us having a baby. And his sister only managed to tell her kids (12 year old!) that we're having a baby about 2 weeks ago.... they can be very backward about the fact that we're ONLY 28 and not married! None of them ask about us now but they will all be up on top of us visiting once the baby gets here - most likely to say how tired we look & how we're not coping etc etc! So a great day all round planned for tomorrow :rolleyes:

god you've lovely in-laws! yikes.

i do feel for your brother in law and his wife though. We lost our first baby at full term 18 months ago and there's really no words to describe the pain. All i can say is that they might seem un-interested or a bit distant but it isn't jealousy or bitterness or anything like that. But it's probably the only way they can still participate in the get together without crying. If you feel you could it would be nice to mention their little baby when you have one of them on their own. People are very afraid to talk about the death of a baby, but often, the grieving parent would be touched and might be delighted to talk about their son or daughter.

kildareash, congratulations! another july baby already! looking forward to hearing all about your experience. :)

i had the doppler this morning and everyhting good. back in next tuesday and friday again and diabetic clinic monday but i'm finished work on weds. can't wait. :)

ps, did someone mention sex. i seem to remember what that is but will need to look it up in the dictionary..

• Advertisement

minibear wrote: »
    mamaheidi wrote: »

god you've lovely in-laws! yikes.

i do feel for your brother in law and his wife though. We lost our first baby at full term 18 months ago and there's really no words to describe the pain. All i can say is that they might seem un-interested or a bit distant but it isn't jealousy or bitterness or anything like that. But it's probably the only way they can still participate in the get together without crying. If you feel you could it would be nice to mention their little baby when you have one of them on their own. People are very afraid to talk about the death of a baby, but often, the grieving parent would be touched and might be delighted to talk about their son or daughter.

kildareash, congratulations! another july baby already! looking forward to hearing all about your experience. :)

i had the doppler this morning and everyhting good. back in next tuesday and friday again and diabetic clinic monday but i'm finished work on weds. can't wait. :)

ps, did someone mention sex. i seem to remember what that is but will need to look it up in the dictionary..

yeah i think my virginity grew back,maybe that's why im sore!

Mamaheidi that's so awful... I hope when baby gets here they get over it... dunno how they'd cope with me being "only" 26 :D maybe try and do something nice after (go out for desert yummy) to relax after it?!

Doc went fine: pulse 110 which is high but nothing to worry about either... He advised I walk up and down the stairs a lot :p he's seeing me again next week to do more bloods. So hosp Tues, and doc Fri but I would love if babs would make an appearance by then.... doubt it though!

Saurelin you should be resting: I think someone's going to have to tie you to a chair to get you to relax :o

Minibear you have as many doc appts as me!

I got two nursing bras for €18 in Mothercare today: and they actually have ALL sizes on sale which is shocking! I only had 5 minutes but they had loads of stuff on sale for anyone who needs things :D

How do you know what size nursing bra to get?

Thanks ladies. I fully intend to keep my mouth shut about all things baby-related - I'll just literally be the elephant in the room ;)

Minibear I'm so sorry for your loss. It's really awful. I couldn't imagine the pain you've been through. My bro-in-law & his wife miscarried early on after ivf. They are so lovely & would be fantastic parents so it's really not a nice time for anyone involved but hopefully things won't be awkward- the girls usually just have a good cry about it while the boys ignore the situation.

Notsobusy - I got arnica tabs in a health food shop after trying 3 different branches of boots. Just about 5 euro for a little jar.

Java- that's hilarious! I'm actually afraid that the next time will actually feel like that ;)

2mums - M&S fit from 36 weeks onwards & gave good advice. They take into consideration if you're planning to breast feed & keep space for pads etc. A bit pricey though but don't know what size I would have bought otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cyning I'm really trying to rest
    it is so difficult as I'm very active person :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

lol sorry for my crudeness ladies! dunno whether its in my head but ever since ive been crampy and gettin back pain so i Will keep it up.

you all should go home and get rogered silly :-)

I was like that yesterday after <ahem> making boyfriend late for work, being upright was horrible even so just threw myself down on my side on the bed for the day, kinda wanted to be dead for a while, full sure I was in trouble there on my own with the zombie gates closed and no way in hell I was walking down to open them, think I was just out of practice though, and soon forgot about my own sense of personal doom when that little squashedy mousey distracted me!

mamaheidi, we're the same as ye, "only" 28 and not married, (and not planning on it either, or christening the child, the shame like) but god help anyone to make a deal of it near either of us (and there have been some!) My golden ticket though is that my own parents have been "living in sin" this whole time and actually only got married there in April so they could sort out their pension, 6 month preggy me and boyfriend were the witnesses, confused ALL the registry office, some laugh though!

I finally gave in and bought my first ever maternity clothes today, h&m have some lovely maternity sun dresses pretty cheap if anyone's looking! I must be the only one here hoping to go over due now so I get some wear out of them! :D

how did you manage getting to now without maternity clothes. im near grown out of mine

how did you manage getting to now without maternity clothes. im near grown out of mine

Me too: my jeans are not comfie at all! Nyquist I dunno how you did it!

Twomums theres a calculator here: you measure under your bust and around the fullest part http://www.apeainthepod.com/shop_apeainthepod/nursingbrasizefittingguide.asp or mothercare measure you if you want :)

Saurelin I had noticed you were an active person :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

penneys :D apparently I have a pretty small frame so was getting away with bigger sizes in things for ages (jokes on me though, physio couldn't get a support belt small enough for me.) I have a couple really comfey elastic waist band hippy skirts (expandy!) that have done me and had a few short stretchy t-shirt type material dresses that I've been using as tops, stealing boyfriends clothes...basically I stopped giving a sh*t what I look like! had to give up work in the theater (light & sound tech/rigger type - tis only seasonal work anyway) pretty early on over not being able for the ladders and heavy lifting, so its not really been an issue that I've been looking like nobodys child! I've not worn pants in months, I kinda like it :D
    On the other hand, absolutely sickened this weekend over missing body and soul, usually have my own stage and minions and The Craic above, but :( this year all I have is mousey! Lads I still feel so guilty and rotten about the poor little thing last night, I think I've become slightly unhinged!

• Advertisement

On the other hand, absolutely sickened this weekend over missing body and soul, usually have my own stage and minions and The Craic above, but :( this year all I have is mousey! Lads I still feel so guilty and rotten about the poor little thing last night, I think I've become slightly unhinged!

That's the maternal instinct kicking in :D

Also I totally get it: I'm missing Westlife's last ever concerts this weekend: I think I have bawled at least 5 times this week over it: gutted I can't go :( And like it isn't the end of the world but I really am gutted :mad:

And yes I have crappy taste in music :D

Advertisement