Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

hi girls,just a quick post,i was kept after my clinic app on monday,baby is very small,measuring at 34weeks (im 38†1) and wighing 5lb so im having a section next wednesday.
    my 1st section so any advice appreciated

Hi Tinkerbell,

I had an emergency section on my daughter. From the time they decided to do the section to her being born it was about 20 minutes. Super fast and they talk you through every step. Was bed bound for a few hours after the birth but hubbie was there to hand her to me. You'll be a bit groggy from the drugs and the next day your tum will be tender. The nurses will make you get up the next day and advise you to try n stand as striaght as possible so the wound doesnt tighten. Just take it slowly. Don't be afraid to ask for more pain medication if you need it. You'll feel a bit sore, but you would whichever way baby comes out :-) Every day makes a huge difference and once you're up on your feet you'll be very taken up with your new little one:):):)

One small piece of advice, bring a cushion of your own pillow to put against your tum when getting in and out of bed.

Oh yes, bring something for going home in that doesn't have a seam or band that will rest just above knicker line.

That's all I can think of at the moment...if you've any questions ask away
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

best of look ash!!! oohh so exciting wer not even into july and we will soon have our second due july baby.... i say we and our ha ha obviously babs is all urs and ur oh:D:D:D

good luck wednesday tink... never had section so cant help you on that but im sure you and babs will be fine, one thing i know is it will be quick:)

OH was already saying i was addicted to boards but now im addicted to the facebook group 2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kildareash what are you trying to do to me...we are due on the same day!!!!

Best of luck and I hope all goes really well for you over the next day or so :) Not sure re the room but it's worth asking!

Tinkerbell good luck for Wednesday - I can't tell you anything about a section but it's looking like I'll be having my own experience soon enough :)

Mink muslin cloths do get more absorbent once you have washed them but I do think the burp cloths will be better for burping baby :)

Had my consultant visit today & baby is still 2 weeks ahead size wise! All looking good but although head down she is still up. He is looking at a section on July 10th depending on how things look in two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kildareash: here I know (because I asked) you can't use your health insurance for a private room if you've gone public for the consultant... there's no semi private option it is either private or public so that might make a difference?

And oh my god I'm so excited for you: it's all starting now :) When visiting hours are over you might find people are a bit more inclined to be a bit chatty... but often they aren't :( Get someone to bring you in books/magazines/puzzlers anything to keep you entertained. And earplugs if its not too late: they do make a difference at night.

I've realised I never got my proper antenatal appt because they admitted me: so now I still don't know when they are planning to induce/section me, if they've changed their minds (and if they have there will be cross words), the plan to have doc there when baby born just in case: one thing I've learnt over the last fortnight is notes aren't read at all. GP tomorrow and back there again next Tues so I 'll see then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Woo! Best of luck Ash, I'll be thinking of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Good luck Kildareash and Tinkerbell!!

Hey girls - how do I join the facebook group?

Send Mink a PM with your Facebook name & the email associated with it & she will add you as a friend & then add you to the group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

You have to be friends with one of the members and be invited. If you ppm me your Facebook details, I'll add you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

baby 2 is here!

Kildareash had her baby girl last night! without any pain relief !what a woman!Congrats to Kildareash and her oh!

ah you guys,its so exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Wow I haven't been here for a week or so and suddenly 2 babies are born!
    how exciting!
    Congrtaulations Barrimec and Kildare Ash!
    A boy and a girl aahhhhh...
    Makes ya wonder.... who's next!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

theg81der wrote: »
    Good luck Kildareash and Tinkerbell!!

Hey girls - how do I join the facebook group?

As above, just PM me your facebook name (not your email) & a description of your profile photo (there's often lots of people with same or similar name!)

Here's the updated due date list with births noted, let me know if any changes or additions :D

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July (section due 27th June) - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June,
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Well that's two of us gone 3 weeks early on our first babies, so I guess so far the general idea of going 2 weeks over on your first has been abolished ;)

OH had a small freak out when I told him another girl gone 3 weeks early, I told him that'll be me in 2 weeks time.

Needless to say I think the cot & changing table will be assembled this weekend without fail.

Congratulations Kildareash on your baby girl :) that was quick! Hope all is well and enjoy your first day as a mammy :D

Mink my partner hasn't slept very well when Barremic & Kildareash have gone into labour...it freaks her out a bit! Last night she spent the night dreaming about walking hospital floors with me :D

If this keeps up she will shattered by my turn :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Mink knowing our luck we will be here till August!!!

Ginny wrote: »
    Mink knowing our luck we will be here till August!!!

Oh I'd hate that to be honest.

My ideal would be to go maybe 39 or 39.5 weeks. That gives me a week of maternity leave to chill but I won't get too bored if you know what I mean.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh same here! I wouldn't even mind going a week early!!! :)

having some back pain so im on the ball, my oh is behind me sorting out our bill and important document file asking me fifty questions.
    *i Will not kill him, i Will not kill him*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Congrats Kildareash!!! can`t wait to hear all the details!

Is it just me or do you all feel like crying when you hear someone has their baby? weird....

• Advertisement

theg81der wrote: »
    Congrats Kildareash!!! can`t wait to hear all the details!

Is it just me or do you all feel like crying when you hear someone has their baby? weird....
    ha ha i told ash on Facebook this morning i did cry lol

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Congrats Kildareash! Fantastic news.

At our antenatal class our midwife said to add a week to our due date for first time mums - hmmmm now I'm not so sure ;)

Who's next!? This is getting exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Sure I'd cry at anything these days! Can't believe the second July baby is here already, contracts Ash!

Lads in totally non pregnancy related news, I went out to our dodgy extension where the washing machine and freezer live last night and nearly stepped on a dead mouse with his head stuck in a trap in the middle of the floor, let a scream out of me, ran back into the kitchen, boyfriend freaked out thinking I was falling down in labour, I'm in floods of tears all hysterical like (hormones and shock and sheer disgust don't mix!) and can't tell him what's wrong, so we both freak out for a little while til I manage to point in the general direction, say something like deaaaaaaaaaad waaaah! And he goes off to have a look, comes back visibly laughing at me, which doesn't help, takes me away into the front room and goes to dispose of the poor little yoke down the field. My landlord thought I was nuts insisting there were mice ages ago, but eventually came along with traps and poison to humour me or prove he'd catch nothing or whatever, they were terrible traps, clearly. Half the length of the house that mouse ran with the trap on its head. ick! So now I feel like the mousey Hitler, and all night I had nightmares about the mice taking their revenge.
    Talk to me about humane traps here people, and ways to keep them out, cos I really don't like the idea of poison down on the ground to be walked in around the house when the little man gets here.
    Also, pile of laundry be damned, I'm never going back out there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

We had a mouse in the kitchen ages ago and we put down poison and traps but nothing worked for ages. it ate the poison but no dead mouse.....then the trap got it and OH left the mouse in the trap in the kitchen because he thought I would want to see it!!! On top of the counter near the dishwasher so there was no way I would miss it. I was not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

notsobusy wrote: »
    We had a mouse in the kitchen ages ago and we put down poison and traps but nothing worked for ages. it ate the poison but no dead mouse.....then the trap got it and OH left the mouse in the trap in the kitchen because he thought I would want to see it!!! On top of the counter near the dishwasher so there was no way I would miss it. I was not impressed.

Oh dear god, if I'd have had the stomach for it your OH would have been slapped round the head with that there mouse! Yucks! whatever about in a dodgy extension THAT I CAN TOTALLY AVOID FROM NOW TIL THE END OF MY DAYS (washing machine be damned) in your kitchen?! bah! I'm of the impression though, where one mousey gets in, there's ALWAYS another mousey not far behind...my landlords going to LOVE me for the next few weeks, fill the place with petrol and set it on fire. Its the only way.

Over-react? Me? Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I didn't use our downstairs bathroom for over a year because I had a mouse run over my foot. While sitting on the loo...

Almost 2 and a half years later I'm only using it now because trying to manage the stairs when sick is not easy... so no you are definately not overreacting :p

girls i am so fed up and bored now waiting around.

give me something to do please!

I'm not scared of mice but I'm terrified of spiders, I go out of my way to avoid them.

You might get humane traps from Pet shops etc or google it. They can get released back into a field or something.

I once caught a little field mouse by hand :D He was about to get demolished by big machinery coming his way so I relocated him to shrubbery.

I've two cats but I don't think either are capable of catching mice, they do kill spiders and blue bottles for me though.

javagal wrote: »
    girls i am so fed up and bored now waiting around.

give me something to do please!

Well something I've planned for when I'm on mat leave is getting loads of photos printed & doing a collage type thing, putting together a scrap book for baby etc. At least it's something you can do sitting.

Every since the arrival of the digital camera, people rarely have actual printed photos around their home. My photo albums all end around 2003 which is when I got a digital camera for the first time.

• Advertisement

As a total aside, I said to OH to try listen for baby's heartbeat again (just with his ear, we don't have a doppler) as baby seemed to be lying with his butt in the air & back right up against my side again. We'd tried this before but either baby was turned the other way or jumping around too much.

OH got the strong heartbeat straight away, he was amazed. Tapped it out on my arm so I could "hear". Ah it was just one of those moments ;)

Advertisement