Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Doesn't really make a difference. TBH, my little cousin has a 3000 and they feel really cheap, plasticy and light and the screen looks like it'd crack if you so much as touched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

First of two; the other shipping from the US of A (well how else can you distinguish player 2 without the black writing :D )

dscf3421p.jpg

Delighted with this as I was getting worried. The seller had a low feedback and never mentioned the official controller. He also had used a stock concept art style picture. But it has turned out fine (though I have yet to test it).

Next on my order list is a converter to let me use it with the PC too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

WOWZERS! That Green Goblin is a fookin ROIDE!

Mind if I ask how many of Enda Kenny's Patented™ 'Recession-Free' European Milk Tokens that set you back?

She looks in fantastic nick!

Love my GG, wouldn't use anything else on my Dreamcast.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    WOWZERS! That Green Goblin is a fookin ROIDE!.

I know, he's such a dream boat!

GREEN-GOBLIN-psd11652.png

Oh, the other green goblin. Nevermind, carry on! >.>

WOWZERS! That Green Goblin is a fookin ROIDE!

Mind if I ask how many of Enda Kenny's Patented™ 'Recession-Free' European Milk Tokens that set you back?

She looks in fantastic nick!

Love my GG, wouldn't use anything else on my Dreamcast.

I probably overpaid! 47 eurons after shipping but I figure it'll only go up in value (unless I decide to mod it :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah €47 ain't bad at all. It's totally worth it.

Definitely mod it though!

Master of the Universe

Just bought something I've been trying to get for absolutely ages. They're either never on ebay or selling for way too much.

Should compliment Radiant Silvergun nicely! From what I've read it has a Seimitsu stick and buttons. Will have to confirm that.

arcadestick.jpg

After investigation, I think this stick may be rare.

Apparantly only the first run of the Saturn Virtua stick came with a Seimitsu LS-56

I love that stick but can't decide if I prefer the normal arcade stick or not. The throw on the normal one looks like exactly what I am after but the buttons on it smell of bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

it looks to have the exact same colours as the Astro City anyways !

_DSC1195.jpg

nice find.

Master of the Universe

Do you mean this Saturn stick? The one we got in the west?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Saturn-Super-Arcade-Stick-/300392253743?pt=Video_Games&hash=item45f0c6092f

I haven't used it but I heard it was absolute garbage.

If there's a Seimitsu stick in the one I just bought then it'll be perfection!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

ondafly wrote: »
    it looks to have the exact same colours as the Astro City anyways !

nice find.

Indeedy! They're modelled after the Astro city. The 'pro' version is pretty much just a whole Astro control panel!

mame_333-img600x450-1016958344pro1.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you mean this Saturn stick? The one we got in the west?

Yep. This one though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Virtua-Stick-HSS-0104-Sega-Saturn-JP-Import-/280501378468

I've heard a lot of good things about it... :confused:

Ah €47 ain't bad at all. It's totally worth it.

Definitely mod it though!

Hmm, I definitely want to down the road. I doubt it would be taken well right now;
    "You paid €47 for that and now you want to replace all the parts in it!?"

I'm on the slow road as it is to introducing the idea of an arcade cab. PC hooked up to tv for retro games with 360 controller, then DC, now arcade stick. Maybe a bartop next :D

I like the Saturn stick. Looks class. I wish the DC one had the big blue SEGA logo. Having grown up on the Mega Drive (had a nes and 2600 but was too young to appreciate them), just seeing that logo makes me feel all tingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I don't have it yet buts its a happy anyway as I received my tracking code for my Sega Nomad :D

Now the wait begins.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I don't have it yet buts its a happy anyway as I received my tracking code for my Sega Nomad :D

Now the wait begins.

The one mentioned earlier in the week? Nice work. :)

The one mentioned earlier in the week? Nice work. :)

Yeah, Also got the screen on DealExtreme so I can replace that nasty 90's lcd tech.

Or more accurately get someone else to do it with better skills than me :D

Or more accurately get someone else to do it with better skills than me

Call 'The Doc'! :)

Call 'The Doc'! :)

I'm holding out for someone special to come out of retirement for one last mission :D

Just bought these roides:

P1050575.JPG

P1150177.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got a couple of snes games this week.
    Ramna 1/2 - not sure what to think of it. Seems very slow and limited moves wise. Haven't put much time into it though.

Pop'n'Twin Bee - Liking it. The only game ive played like it would be Super Swiv.

Rainbowbell Adventures - Purely nostalgia here. Use to play it, along with Super Pang, on the ferry to England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm holding out for someone special to come out of retirement for one last mission :D

If you can bare with me for a bit, I'm sure I can take it on at some stage :) Chances are you'll be waiting a good bit for DX anyway.

EnterNow wrote: »
    If you can bare with me for a bit, I'm sure I can take it on at some stage :) Chances are you'll be waiting a good bit for DX anyway.

After I had a look at andrews Nomad I knew there was only one man to mod mine :D

I can wait:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

After I had a look at andrews Nomad I knew there was only one man to mod mine :D

I can wait:)

Its a stunner of a mod, makes a real world improvement to something that is the better for it. I love bringing it up in those 'yeah all them console modders its your fault that the games scene is dying'...you should see the befuzzled looks when they realise console modding isn't solely connected to piracy :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Its a stunner of a mod, makes a real world improvement to something that is the better for it. I love bringing it up in those 'yeah all them console modders its your fault that the games scene is dying'...you should see the befuzzled looks when they realise console modding isn't solely connected to piracy :)

And the Nomad screen mod is the perfect example of a non piracy mod.

It looks feckin fantastic, and Mega Man: The Wily Wars looked great on it :D

Andrew was lucky to make it home that evening. When I saw the Nomad screen and then Wily wars, well I was thinking where to bury his body in the back yard.

Sorry Andrew :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

And the Nomad screen mod is the perfect example of a non piracy mod.

It looks feckin fantastic, and Mega Man: The Wily Wars looked great on it :D

Andrew was lucky to make it home that evening. When I saw the Nomad screen and then Wily wars, well I was thinking where to bury his body in the back yard.

Sorry Andrew :D

:eek:

Not sure if you've seen Ronin, but before DeNiro's character goes into the cafe at the start he goes round back and leaves a gun behind a crate at the back door, that was me just before knocking on your door. "I never go into a place I don't know how to get out of..." or something similar. :p

Andrew76 wrote: »
    :eek:

Not sure if you've seen Ronin, but before DeNiro's character goes into the cafe at the start he goes round back and leaves a gun behind a crate at the back door, that was me just before knocking on your door. "I never go into a place I don't know how to get out of..." or something similar. :p

I was wondering what the dogs were barking at before you arrived.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ronin, gods I love that movie, best car chases ever!
    On a brighter note I just took a big chance and bought one of these..
    firecore-passport

Basically a cheap, cut price, SD based cart for the Megadrive.
    Now it is designed for the firecore range of cloned MD hardware but I am reckoning it should work just fine on a standard Megadrive, at least that's what I am banking on!
    I don't think there is any chance of there being even close to the functionality of the Everdrive, no save game option for starters, but at least I will be able to play pretty much everything on the thing, once it is compatible.
    What you think?
    It's costing 34 for the thing, including 13 postage! Thats a tad steep.
    If it works though it'll be a cost effective way of playing all those games you never got to play otherwise, might be cool in the Nomad!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ronin, gods I love that movie, best car chases ever!
    On a brighter note I just took a big chance and bought one of these..
    firecore-passport

Basically a cheap, cut price, SD based cart for the Megadrive.
    Now it is designed for the firecore range of cloned MD hardware but I am reckoning it should work just fine on a standard Megadrive, at least that's what I am banking on!
    I don't think there is any chance of there being even close to the functionality of the Everdrive, no save game option for starters, but at least I will be able to play pretty much everything on the thing, once it is compatible.
    What you think?
    It's costing 34 for the thing, including 13 postage! Thats a tad steep.
    If it works though it'll be a cost effective way of playing all those games you never got to play otherwise, might be cool in the Nomad!

Looks like it was designed to work in the megadrive clone i have. Hope it works well in the real deal. Just looking at the reviews they say the sound is a bit weird on some of the games. I have this as well but its only the crappy emulation on the console. I doubt it has anything to do with the SD Cart itself.

Hmm, I might join you grabbing one of these before they disappear.

Master of the Universe

If you two dudes combined your money, you could share an Everdrive between you!

• Advertisement

Find me an everdrive for sale and i'll have it thank you very much :D

As long as its not 500 euro

Master of the Universe

You can have my one for €499 if you want? :P

I take it they're sold out on Stoneagegamer again? That's a shame!

You can have my one for €499 if you want? :P

I take it they're sold out on Stoneagegamer again? That's a shame!

€498 and we have a deal :p

Everywhere is sold out as far as i can see. Even eBay is dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Suppliers at bottom of page- http://krikzz.com/everdrive-md.html

Personally i would go to english proxy chinese auction sites and buy direct

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The issues with the games running via the passport are purely to do with the bogey clone hardware, the cart "should" just run roms direct and into any old MD/Gen, at least thats the theory.
    At 15 euro shipping here's hoping I won't have to wait too long to find out.
    I must have the MD ready to go at a moments notice for when it turns up.
    Expect to see either lots of :) or :( depending on results!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Just got back from a car boot sale and got the following for a tenner :D

• Advertisement

You mean like how Bart, Martin and Milhouse collaborated their private equity to form an investment fund to enable the acquisition of Radioactive Man #1?

Remember how that ended... :pac:

antor wrote: »

€10? bloody hell! :eek:

Nabbed this lot over the last couple of days. :)

Famitsu Wave + Sealed DVD! Next stop, Shooting Gameside 1 and 2.
    xuhLJ.jpg

Sega Saturn Action Replay 3in1
    RSLO5.jpg

Universal Sega Saturn SCART cable and a pack of batteries for the console
    AUjLO.jpg

SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love? for Sega Saturn (with SPINE CARD!
    m62U9.jpg

4 Super Famicom CIB games I bought mainly for Puyo Puyo and Darius Force (buying a Super Famicom in Super Potato I think)
    21bR3.jpg

Super Famicom spines!
    osPZO.jpg

Darius Force box art
    vTW3Z.jpg

Darius Force back cover art
    T5TeC.jpg

PHOBOS for the NEC PC9801 CIB
    tQVft.jpg

PHOBOS back cover
    MhJmf.jpg

PHOBOS back cover close up
    bTU4H.jpg

CIB Arcade Duo card
    uxcxz.jpg

Arcade Duo back cover
    Qe8u4.jpg

Smaller nabs I didn't take photos of include the 100's of cello wraps for my (now nicely wrapped) PC Engine, NTSC-J Dreamcast, PS1 and PS2 collection.

Need to buy twin jewel cello wraps for the standard PS1, Dreamcast and twin Sega Saturn jewel cases though. Those are next. Super Famicom box size ones are next too I think.

Also think I mentioned it before but I picked up an NTSC PS2 slim earlier in the week and a couple of PC Engine Super CD's yesterday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember playing SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?

It looks amazing. The video cutscenes are awesome and the graphics look great.

The one problem is that playing the game is like playing a game made up of all the worst bits of R-Type Final. the first level was so boring that I thought halfway through that the game was repeating itself and I was doing something wrong. Turns out it was just long and boring. At least we have Einhander to show how to do cinematic Shmups.

Still it's a nice little curio to have.

Picked up a couple of retro bits today.

First up is the Sega Multi Mega:

dsc4374e.jpg
    dsc4375m.jpg
    dsc4379.jpg
    dsc4380d.jpg
    dsc4386om.jpg
    dsc4393.jpg

It needs a good clean but is in fairly decent condition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

antor wrote: »
    was that in tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

picked up guitar hero5 for the ps2 guitar and all for just 11 euro brand new:), picked up neo contra for the ps2 aswell, also got my vga adapter for the dreamcast gonna give it a whirl

Also picked up a boxed Dreamcast as my old one was on the way out.

It also needs a good clean inside and out but is in very good condition.

dsc4397.jpg
    dsc4398k.jpg
    dsc4399k.jpg

And lastly, an unexpected purchase of the day. A Nintendo 3DS to replace the one some dirtbag nicked off me this morning :mad:

dsc4402yz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

was that in tallaght?

Yes ,it was the car boot sale at the Tallaght Stadium. Have been going up there every weekend for the past 2 months, and its the first time I have ever got anything decent. Will take some pics of the other stuff I have gotten as soon as i sort it out ( its all in a box under the stairs)

Also I finally got around to taking this out of storage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a crime keeping that table in storage! :O

The Multi-Mega I got today comes with a nasty RF video cable.

Anyone know what type of scart (RGB is possible) the Multi-Mega uses, not sure what type to get.

They have a few on amazon and ebay but it's not clear which will work with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

As far as I know the MM uses the 9-pin mini DIN that a Mega Drive 2 uses.

One of these will work.

I dint get anything new, buty herree s me and eoms souls"

Photo_00027.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement