Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

muffler wrote: »
    More than likely.

But there has to come a point when agents have to accept that no means no. In a 2 way telephone conversation like that there is money involved which means that one person is paying to be listened to and the other is being paid to listen but it didn't work out like that in my last call though.

I've made numerous calls to Sky over the years and in fairness I have to say the above is more the exception than the rule particularly over the last 3 or 4 years where we deal mostly with Sky agents in Ireland.

I agree and it's a terrible customer experience. But it works more often than not (for the advisor, the customer gets off the phone without cancelling). As fred swanson says, the best retention advisors are bs artists, but they know when to stop. It's the weaker ones who keep you on the phone for an hour out of sheer desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Avada wrote: »
    The joys of getting somebody on the phone who hasn't hit target for the week ;)

On this note does anyone know are their targets weekly or monthly? I wonder when is the best time to ring?

On this note does anyone know are their targets weekly or monthly? I wonder when is the best time to ring?

Weekly ending on Thursday if it hasn't changed.

If you just want an offer ring thursday, if you actually want to cancel ring friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi.
    I'm with UPC but thinking of changing to Sky. There's always different offers floating around, does anyone know what's the best offer available currently please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm with UPC but thinking of changing to Sky. There's always different offers floating around, does anyone know what's the best offer available currently please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

There are rumours of a new Sky box launching soon floating about. May be worth waiting for that. Other than that, Carphone warehouse usually have decent closer offers. Stick to UPC for the broadband though (negotiate with them), to have the best of both worlds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Avada wrote: »
    There are rumours of a new Sky box launching soon floating about. May be worth waiting for that. Other than that, Carphone warehouse usually have decent closer offers. Stick to UPC for the broadband though (negotiate with them), to have the best of both worlds.

Possible new Sky box

For newcomers €100 cashback (but €30 setup fee) seems around the best. I'll presume that's the best unless anyone else can mention otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Call into car phone warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 31 volkswagon1973

Phoned sky to cancel as my installation date was 29/9/14 when i got the €33 per month offer including original,sports,hd etc. I was given an offer to get firbe unlimited broadband with the sky package i have at the moment for €50 but that was to be taken up there and then. The sky tv was contracted for 6 months and 12 months on the broadband. When I asked for the 12 months contract on both they said that was not possible. I fear that when the tv go out of contract i will be payong the €50 with no tv for next 6 months.

Does anyone know of any better offer and also if they have taken this package on and what could happen with tv after the 6 months would they extend to 12 months for the same price of €50 with broadband.

My dad had the same package as you paying the 33. After negotiations he is now on original and sports for 32.50 pm which is half price for 9 months. He will offload the sports after the 9 months as it coincides with the summer months and just pay 29 for original for 3 months. Then start all over again negotiations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Just rang to cancel there and the offered to drop my monthly price from 112 to 92 per month "as you have been with us a very long time" probably years or so.
    So said nope not interested. cheeky fecks thinking I would stay a customer with that sort of offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Phoned sky to cancel as my installation date was 29/9/14 when i got the €33 per month offer including original,sports,hd etc. I was given an offer to get firbe unlimited broadband with the sky package i have at the moment for €50 but that was to be taken up there and then. The sky tv was contracted for 6 months and 12 months on the broadband. When I asked for the 12 months contract on both they said that was not possible. I fear that when the tv go out of contract i will be payong the €50 with no tv for next 6 months.

Does anyone know of any better offer and also if they have taken this package on and what could happen with tv after the 6 months would they extend to 12 months for the same price of €50 with broadband.

As a bit of an aside, how do you find their fibre offering? I was with them for adsl and found it terrible is their fibre any better particularly in the evenings? I was considering using it as a bargaining chip when I ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is the €33 deal back in Carphone Warehouse?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is the €33 deal back in Carphone Warehouse?

car phone warehouse have two offers for sky

original for €15 a month 12 month contract

original movies and sports for €38 a month 12 month contract

kooga wrote: »

€15 a month sounds like an extremely good deal. Even if you wanted the additional room it'd be €30 a month which isn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

kooga wrote: »

I was making the point over in the upc thread that for some households the original packages is a poor offering, paying a lot for the sky+ functionality
    macjohn wrote: »
    Looks like a good deal
    - only thing to note is that it is the original bundle and not the variety bundle.

So you do get channels over and above the free ones and the functionality of sky+/live pause /record/ sky go etc you dont get
    - the music channels
    - the kids channels
    - the documentaries.

The variety is normally €29 and the variety €38
    and - depending on the viewing preferences in the household - I reckon the €29 package is a poor offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

don't most people with sky/upc actually watch the FTA/FTV channels more anyway so they're really only paying for the dvr functionally

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

batistuta9 wrote: »
    don't most people with sky/upc actually watch the FTA/FTV channels more anyway so they're really only paying for the dvr functionally

Yes and DVR functionality is not essential anymore with free BBC, ITV, RTE, All 4 etc etc catch up services (player)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Did anybody who got the €15 CPW deal last year get an offer yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yes and DVR functionality is not essential anymore with free BBC, ITV, RTE, All 4 etc etc catch up services (player)

True, but you can't fast-forward the ads on the players.

• Advertisement

Did anybody who got the €15 CPW deal last year get an offer yet?

The onus is on you to contact sky as after the 12 months it goes up to full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm 11 days Sky free. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Im 13 days !
    but i do miss the record function.

RainyDay wrote: »
    True, but you can't fast-forward the ads on the players.

I bought a 2nd hand freesat + HD box from adverts for €80 and this lets me do same a sky+HD all for free on all the quality fta channels and they are only ones we ever watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Im 13 days !
    but i do miss the record function.

I bought a sky card from adverts, allows you to record with your sky box, 50 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I bought a sky card from adverts, allows you to record with your sky box, 50 euro.

;);)

I had one of those cards for years but they stopped working after the last software upgrade by Sky!

They only work now on very old non HD boxes

I bought a 2nd hand freesat + HD box from adverts for €80 and this lets me do same a sky+HD all for free on all the quality fta channels and they are only ones we ever watch

How slick us the interface compared to Sky? I think that's the main reason that a lot of people stay with sky; very easy, use friendly interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I had one of those cards for years but they stopped working after the last software upgrade by Sky!

They only work now on very old non HD boxes

My box is the new HD ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I have a friend who wants to sign up as a new customer - do all Carphone Warehouses have this Sky offer?

Advertisement